AEONIAN

By injunniez

☼ nct lee jeno ceo fanfiction ❝ why did you take his position? i don't think i hired you to do the job ❞ ⇝ ⇝ ... More

note
main characters
playlist
prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
special edit
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
epilogue

chapter 29

4.9K 250 246
By injunniez

"I'll pay for the food", Jeno said and stood up from his chair. "You guys can go first, I'll stay behind. Just text me where you guys are."

"Don't have to repeat it!", Chenle and Jisung exclaimed as they hurried outside the steakhouse and left us.

"I'll stay with Jeno", I spoke up.

"Oh, I see", Jaemin smirked.

"Well, I'm not complaining", Renjun said and grabbed onto Jaemin's wrist. "Let's go find Chenle and Jisung."

"Have fun!", Jaemin shouted to the two of us before leaving as well.

"Why did you stay?", Jeno asked as he took out his wallet. "You could've gone with them."

"It's unfair if I do so. You're the only one alone", I replied.

Jeno smiled at me and patted the top of my head.

"You care for me", he cheekily smirked and made his way to the cashier.

I followed him and stood beside him, making me shrink.

"The bill is 337,300. Would you like to pay with cash or card?", the lady asked.

"Card", Jeno answered and gave her his card.

The lady swiped it and gave it back to Jeno. She handed him the receipt and the two of us were all set to go meet up with the others.

"Let's go?", Jeno asked as he held onto my hand. I looked down, not used to him holding my hand. "Are you uncomfortable? Should I let go?"

"Are you happy?", I asked.

"What do you mean?", he raised an eyebrow.

"Do you feel happy when you hold my hand?", I rephrased.

He nodded.

"Then don't let go", I smiled.

"Are you sure?", he asked. "I don't want to make you feel—"

"I'm a hundred percent sure", I assured him. "Now, did they text where they are?"

"They haven't texted me", Jeno said as he looked through his messages.

"I'll try calling them", I told him and got my phone out and dialed Chenle's number. "You should call Jaemin or Renjun."

Jeno nodded and he called one of the two.

"The number you dialed is unavailable..."

"No luck, you?", I asked.

"None either", Jeno answered.

"What should we do now?", I asked as I turned around to face him.

"We should go on a date", he suggested. "It can either be friendly or romantic. The choice is yours."

The choice is yours but it's as difficult as picking your brain or heart when you're asked to choose one of the two. I'm totally fine.

Sike.

"Why don't you choose", I offered him the chance to choose.

"You would usually say a friendly date. Since you didn't say it, that means you were debating between the two", Jeno pointed out the obvious. "In conclusion, you're starting to like me."

A triumphant smile was shown clearly on Jeno's face.

"Great", I rolled my eyes and let go of Jeno's hand. "Is that the end of the business meeting?"

"Yes", Jeno said and grabbed my hand, holding it tightly. "Let's not waste another second."

He dragged me to the second floor of the mall, where he proceeded to the cinema. He took out his wallet and looked at me.

"It's really cliché, but I've always wanted to go to the cinema and watch a movie with you", Jeno admitted.

"How come?", I asked, curious why he had always wanted to do that.

"The last time I went to the cinema was when I was four", Jeno explained. "It was my first time at the cinema. I loved the smell of the popcorn and how big the screen was. I can barely remember the rest, but it was the last time I went as well."

"I see, that's why you've always wanted to do it", I said.

"Yeah, it brings back good memories from my childhood", Jeno reminisced. "I want to make better memories, but this time with you."

"That's cute", I chuckled.

"By the way", Jeno said before leaning towards me, his lips near my ear. "I'm considering this as a romantic date."

My ears were heating up, as well as my cheeks. I tried to cool myself down while Jeno was paying for the tickets, that he insisted on paying. He then turned around and showed the tickets.

"Let's go inside and buy some snacks now", Jeno said, placing his hand around mine and taking me to the snack corner of the cinema. "What do you want? I'll buy it."

"I can pay—"

"I know it doesn't matter whether it's the guy or girl who pays, but I'm hoping you'll let me do this", Jeno softly said.

"I don't really have an appetite because we just finished eating steak, so I'm fine with just popcorn and a drink", I told him and he nodded, then leaving me to go buy the snacks. I felt a buzz from my phone, so I checked to see who it was.

Unknown Number

don't you dare block
this number kim byeol
i don't want to buy another sim
we need to talk
it's important

i have even more important things
now please leave me alone

"You alright?", Jeno asked as he had one bucket of popcorn in one hand, while the other had the two cups that were in a two-cup holder.

"Yeah", I smiled at him, setting my phone on silent before pocketing it. "You have the tickets, right?"

"They're in my right pocket", Jeno said. "Can you get them?"

I nodded and got them out easily as they were sticking out of his pocket. I looked for the cinema room and spotted it a couple of seconds later. We headed towards the room and I handed the tickets.

"You are a wonderful couple", the lady said and let us in. "Your clothes match."

I didn't say anything and just entered the cinema.

"Why didn't you deny it?", Jeno teased me.

"I don't want her to feel awkward or bad", I lied.

Did I? I'm not sure.

"It's going to be true in the near future", Jeno said and I rolled my eyes. "I can still see your eye roll even though it's dark."

"Great that you know", I said and looked for a place to sit. "The back is the best to sit at. You can see the whole screen."

"Let's go there then", Jeno said and we made our way up and sat down at the very back.

We were separated from the rest who were seated below us.

"I forgot that the back is the coldest place", I muttered. It was so cold even though I was wearing a white long sleeve and pants.

"Are you cold?", Jeno asked. He didn't even wait for my reply and he took off the beige jacket he had and gave it to me. "Wear it. The cold doesn't bother me."

"Thanks", I thanked him and put on the jacket.

"I'll buy you a sweater after this movie", he whispered.

"You don't have to", I told him.

"I don't have to, but I want to", he told me.

I couldn't argue anymore and started to eat some popcorn. I couldn't handle how long the commercials were lasting. I probably finished 1/4 of the popcorn by now.

"Stop eating all of it", Jeno chuckled. "You're gonna finish all of it before the movie even starts."

"I can't stop my hand from getting popcorn", I joked.

"Stop eating popcorn for now", Jeno said and placed the popcorn bucket away from me.

"Jeno, give it back!", I whisper shouted.

"If you can't stop your hand then hold mine, I won't let go until you can't stop", Jeno said and intertwined our fingers. He held my hand tightly. "Now, don't eat any popcorn until the movie starts."

"Just one more", I lied.

"I know you're gonna get one handful and say you didn't specify how much one more is", Jeno said as if he read my mind. He got one piece of popcorn and held it in front of my mouth. "Ah."

"Never mind", I looked away, trying not to show that I was flustered.

"C'mon", Jeno chuckled.

I looked at him and he was so happy. I couldn't break his happiness.

I gave in and opened my mouth and ate the popcorn which he popped into my mouth.

"I win", he smiled.

"I let you win", I broke it to him.

"I still won", he couldn't hide his happiness.

"The movie is starting", I told him.

The lights dimmed down and the intro started to play.

"The movie was really funny", I said and stood up, stretching my body.

"It really was", Jeno agreed. "Let's throw our trash and buy you a sweater quickly."

I didn't say anything else and just followed what he said. We threw our trash and headed towards a boutique near the cinema.

"You've been really happy and different these days", I casually said.

"It's because of you", he smiled. "I'm pursuing someone I really love."

I stayed quiet and continued to look around.

"Here, this sweater will match with your beige pants", Jeno said and handed over a beige sweater. "I'll buy it now."

I didn't stop him and let him do it.

He's been getting told how to do things and what he should do ever since he was young, I couldn't tell him not to when he's so excited. Maybe this was one of the reasons why I fell for him. Him just being happy makes me happy.

"Here it is, wear it already", Jeno said and handed over the sweater. I gave him back the jacket and wore the sweater. "It's nice on you."

"Let's find the others now", I said and we decided to stay by the car to meet up. "Why aren't they picking up I swear to god."

Click.

"Jeno, delete that!", I exclaimed, surprised he took a picture.

"No, I need a new lockscreen", Jeno said. "You're always pretty, don't need to worry."

"Liar", I rolled my eyes and looked to the side to see Jaemin and the others walking towards us. "Traitors!"

"At least the two of you got to have a date!", Jaemin exclaimed.

"We did you two a favor", Renjun said.

Chenle and Jisung just nodded because they were busy eating. They were eating fries and had milk tea in their hands.

"I want to try", I said to Jisung. "What flavor did you get?"

"Wintermelon", Jisung replied and let me try.

"It's really sweet", I commented. I grabbed one of the tissues in Chenle's hand and wiped the top part of the straw. "Thanks, Sung."

"Anytime", Jisung smiled.

"So will you be riding with us or Jeno?", Jaemin asked.

"I kind of want to ride with you guys because of the food but I think I'll go with Jeno", I said and turned to Jeno who was trying his best to hide his smile.

"She made up the first part", Chenle said after drinking some of his milktea. "Back then she would always skip lunch and eat a little."

"That's because I was struggling then", I clarified.

"She would steal some food from me from time to time though", Jisung said.

"Anyways, we'll take our leave", Renjun said and waved goodbye.

"Bye!", I exclaimed before following Jeno to his car.

"I won again", Jeno boasted.

"I can't with you", I facepalmed.

"Wait, I need to take a call quickly", Jeno said as he answered his phone. "Hello?"

I just casually waited for him, trying not to eavesdrop but failed when Jeno's voice rose.

"A business trip for two weeks?!"

[a/n: what grade are y'all in? i'm in grade 9, aka form 3 aka freshman year. reminder that i have exams next next week, so i'll be prewriting chapters in the meantime! ]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.5K 576 33
« living in a place that things changes in just a swift is not hell, it IS hell. » ❍ ꜱᴜᴘᴇʀɴᴀᴛᴜʀᴀʟ ᴀᴜ ❍ ‼️ 𝘁𝘄 // 𝗯𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗱 , 𝗴𝗿𝘂𝗲𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝘁𝗵...
670K 41.5K 81
"we're souls of fallen stars breathed into our bodies to live." "then why are you just existing?" ϟ he was on fire and she didn't know who she was. C...
170K 5.8K 57
❝ I needed to lose him to find me.❞ I guess highschool's it-couple didn't have the perfect relationship like they thought. Two years after their brea...
207K 16.5K 48
❝ Don't mess with the nonexistent. ❞ when there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk on earth. ▬▬ status: completed ✓ a nct dream f...