Status Quo

By Qwiin_tee

The pressure is on and a once normal high school life is about to become a tornado crashing through the place... More

Note
Chapter 1 - The Beginning (EDITED)
Authors Note/ Characters
Chapter 2 - The Kiss (EDITED)
Chapter 3 - You (EDITED)
Chapter 4 - Him (EDITED)
Chapter 5- Decisions (EDITED)
Chapter 6 - Another Chance
Chapter 8- And then.....?
Chapter 9 - Isn't it lovely?
Chapter 10 - You don't say
Chapter 11 - The Unforgivable Truth
Chapter 12 - Besties?
Chapter 13 - After party
Chapter 14- Rejection
Chapter 15 - Who's at fault here?
Chapter 16- Royal Pardon
Chapter 17 - We'll Just Have To See
Chapter 18 - Getting Closer
Chapter 19 - I Got You Always
Chapter 20 - Unraveling Treasures
Chapter 21 - Unraveling Treasures 2
Chapter 22 - Haywire
Chapter 23 - Haywire 2
Chapter 24 - Bonds
Chapter 25 - The Truth Untold
Chapter 26 - The Truth Untold 2
Chapter 27 - The Truth Untold 3
Chapter 28 - For You
Chapter 29 - Make Up
Chapter 30 - HER
Chapter 31 - Second Chance?
Chapter 32 - No More Lies?
Chapter 33 - Boy Drama
Chapter 34 - How Can You Forget Someone You've Loved For Years?
Chapter 35 - The Truth
Chapter 36 - Unforseen Shadows
Chapter 37 - Tear Drops
Chapter 38 - Goodbye's Are The Hardest
Chapter 39 - Wrapped Around My Little Finger.
Chapter 40 - Hate You, Love You
Chapter 41 - The Last Time
Chapter 42 - States
Chapter 43 - Who We Are
Chapter 44 - Long Live The Queen
Epilogue

Chapter 7- What Happens Next

28 7 8
By Qwiin_tee

I wake up to an empty bed and rumpled sheets, then his scent floods my senses and I groan involuntarily and I hear a chuckle from across the room and sit up immediately to see Shaze.

"You like how I smell that much?" He asks and raises an eyebrow while giving me a cocky grin.

"Like duh, I've told you that so many times" I say and stand up from his bed. Damn it, if I didn't want to save my virginity for someone who really loved me I would jump his sexy ass bones right now.

"There's clothes in the bathroom for you after you shower then come down so we can have breakfast" he says and begins to walk out before he then turns around, "or do you need my help?"

I turn red immediately and throw a pillow at him which he ducks and then chuckles as he walks out.

Damn sexy ass bastard, even his ass is sexy.

*

After taking my shower which took a lot of my energy cause I am still weak and a bit feverish I walk into the kitchen and flop down ungracefully on one of the seats at the dining table.

"What's for breakfast?"

"Pancakes"

"This is why I say countless times that I love you" I say with so much glee and he just looks at me and begins to laugh, "I'd have to bribe Flinette before she even agrees to make me cereal"

"I guess that's why I'm the best thing you have to a sibling"

"Damn right you are" I say and begin to eat one of the pancakes he put on a plate in front of me, "what's the time?" I ask

"It's almost eight" he says, "we still have some time before we need to head to school"

I sigh when I remember school, one cause I'm still not feeling very well and two because I will obviously run into Jordan today.

"I don't wanna go" I whine and make a puppy dog face hoping that he would let me stay in his house while he makes up an excuse for me at school

"Why?"

"Cheerleading" I say and huff out a breath before stuffing another pancake into my mouth.

"Sorry, but you still got to go" he says and I sigh and hop off the stool and pick up my phone to text Flinette to bring my bag to school to which Flinette responds with a middle finger emoji

"By the way, where did you get the shorts I'm wearing?" I ask Shaze and he looks at me weirdly, "don't tell mey you've started cross dressing"

He looks at me for a while before laughing and I begin to laugh too though there is panic in my laughter. Please heavens, don't let this walking sex god be gay.

"Of course not" he says and gives me a look to drop the question.

He finishes his pancakes the same time I finish mine, he then hands me one of his famous jackets and when I ask why he says its cause the weather is cold.

We arrive at school and I can feel peoples eyes on me. I bet its cause of the shorts, seeing me in a short cheerleading outfit is one thing but me wearing shorts like extremely short shorts is another thing and then to add to the fact that I'm wearing one of Shaze's jackets, lets just say I've been getting a lot of attention lately.

After dropping me off at the front of the school Shaze went his own way and I went mine.

"Lost in thoughts again" a voice says from behind me causing me to jump and let out a small squeak.

I turn around and hit him multiple times on the arm and he just chuckles in response

"You almost gave me a heart attack you insensitive cow!" I say and hit him another time which causes him to keep laughing before he let's out a sound of pain when I make sure to hit him harder, "asshole"

"Damn straight I am" he says and wiggles his eyebrows at me, "that's why you love me"

I snort and give him a light shove before walking to my locker with him behind me

"I see you've gotten yourself a new boy toy" he says and feigns a look of heartbreak, "you don't need me anymore"

"Oh Micheal" I say and roll my eyes, "always a drama queen"

"At your service" he replies with a smirk,

"You know, that sentence for a moment there made me think you were gay"

He raises his eyebrows and I see something like panic flash in his eyes before he masks it and smirks

"If I was gay would I do this?"

He then leans in very close to me, so close that our noses are touching and then smirks when he sees my cheeks turn a light shade of red before he moves back, winks at me and walks away.

*
*
*

"Holy mother of all things sacred and holy" Shantele says and I have to help her manually close her mouth that is open, "Micheal did that?"

"Yes, for the fifth time, he did" I say exasperatedly, tired of repeating the same thing to her over and over.

Before she can give me her famous 'don't start getting all sassy on me' pep talk Renae arrives at our table and flops down ungracefully on a seat.

"Whats got your panties in a twist" Shantele asks

"AP Calculus" She says and lets out a grunt of frustration

"And to think we warned you about hot boys in AP classes not being everything" Shantele and I say together and this earns us a playful glare from Renae

"Don't remind me" She says and sighs very loudly, "one of the worst decisions of my life"

We all chuckle and fall into a comfortable silence. I look at Shantele who is busy on her phone obviously talking to her boyfriend and then turn to see Renae staring at me.

I mouth 'what' at her and she just shrugs her shoulder and begins to text someone on her phone. Renae begins to look left and right like she's waiting for someone

"Are you waiting for someone?" I ask, and she looks up at me immediately and nods her head while her cheeks begin to turn slightly pink. Shantele and I notice this and begin to poke and prod her while wiggling our eyebrows at her. It was something we do when we want someone to spill details.

She finally caves and whispers the word "Jordan". My face immediately falls and Shantele immediately notices it and averts Renae's attention so as for her to not see my change in demeanor.

I stand up and this earns me a quizzical look from Renae. "I just remembered that I have something to do" I say and grab my bag from the back of my seat, "I'll call you when I get home so we can discuss Friday"

She simply nods at me but not before giving me a worried look and then going back to her phone. Shantele gives me a short nod and a reassuring smile before going back to pinching and poking Renae.

*

*

*

At home finally, I dump myself ungracefully on my bed and throw my things hazardly across my room.

My phone vibrates from my table where I dropped it and I see a message from Renae

R: Jossie, I was just wondering if I could come over today so we can go shopping.

Me: sure, I've got nothing planned anyway.

R: What time should I come over?

Me: give me 10 minutes then you can come break down my door

R: kk.

I drop my phone on my bed and walk into my bathroom. I look at my reflection and shake my head at the state of my face, there are dark circles, my face looks pale like I haven't rested in a while. Damn fever, making me look like crap.

I sigh and shrug off my clothes and quickly take a shower before choosing navy blue ripped jeans and a yellow sweater that's cropped. I sigh contentedly at my reflection before putting on some light make up.

I pick my phone and put it into a small purse before skipping down the stairs to meet a curios Flinette

"What's got you happy?" she asks as she sips coffee from a mug. I just do not understand how someone would prefer to drink that nasty thing over good ol' orange juice

"I'm going to the mall with Renae"

She raises her eyebrows at me before carefully dropping her mug on the table, "are we talking about a different Renae or is the same backstabbing one you have in mind?"

"the one and only" I say and check the time. I still have about two minutes before Renae comes over and I don't want her to come in and meet a pissed Flinette, that will only ruin my plans. "I'll be outside waiting for her"

"whatever you say" She replies with a shrug of her shoulders before picking up her mug and walking to the living room.

I walk out the door and sit down on the steps of my house, not long after I see Jordans car park in front and Renae's head pops out and she beckons on me.

I honestly hope that Jordan is not in that car, cause if he is I don't know how I am going to react. I walk to the passenger door and see Renae sitting in it and thats when I notice Jordan at the driving seat.

I groan internally and not wanting to ruin my only chance of dragging my lazy ass to go shopping, I enter the back seat without a word and reply Renae's cheerful greetings with a mumble which she doesn't pay attention to and begins to chatter excitedly to Jordan

I scoff but make sure I do so without making much noise before I open my phone and look for what to keep myself occupied with until we reach the mall.

As I look through my contacts I realize that I don't have Micheal's number which I find quite strange for the amount of times we have interacted. I shrug it off and begin to looks through my Instagram posts when I look at my posts archive and see lots of pictures of Renae and I when I was still oblivious.

The way she is smiling in all the pictures revolt me when I think back to everything she has done to me, all she put me through and most importantly what she took away from me. And finally, what she made me into.

I look up at my phone and see Renae and Jordan staring at themselves lovingly and I can't stop myself when I snap, "I'm honestly not in the mood to die", I begin, "So, I would honestly appreciate it if you save your lovey dovey thing for when I am not present in the back seat"

I see Renae roll her eyes at my dramatics and Jordan shifts uncomfortably in his seat and I also roll my eyes before I go back to looking at the pictures on my phone.

This is supposed to be a day for Renae and I to bond. It was supposed to be a chance for me to decide if my hate for her ran so deep that I was willing to sacrifice our friendship or if it was all a mistake and I should give her a second chance. But right now, I feel anger boiling through my veins as I add Jordan to a list of other things she has taken away from me. To think that he was once mine and would only hang out with me and now because of her, I get the end stick of his affection.

"You okay back there?" Renae asks and turns around to look at me, "you don't look too good"

I take deep breaths before answering, hoping that my voice wont come out hoarse from the anger I feel clawing at my throat, "I'm just dandy" I reply and plaster a fake smile on my face.

*

We've been at the shopping mall for fifteen minutes and Renae and Jordan have been joined at the hip since we got here. I hate it, this was supposed to be a bonding moment for us and not for them to show off their relationship to me.

I've been waiting for a while now for Renae to come out of the changing room where she went to try on a dress with Jordan who accompanied her to the door. I stand up from my seat at the bench outside the store and walk towards the dressing room.

Grumbling incentives to myself about the horrible time women take to change into a simple outfit, I yank open the door of her changing room and stop dead in shock. Before me lies Renae and Jordan chewing both their faces. I blink a few times feeling tears brimming in my eyes. 

Renae notices me first and I see a hint of smugness on her face before she pulls away hastily from Jordan and pastes a shocked expression on her face, "Jossie, I didnt see you there"

Clearly, since it seemed like you were occupied with something else, "obviously' I say and begin to walk away when Renae calls after me

"where are you going?" she asks innocently and I clench my fists at my side 

"Home" I say and when she wants to speak I cut her off, "I don't see the need to be here anymore since its obvious I'm just an inconvenience"

"Jossie.." she begins but once again I cut her off.

"save it" I begin, "I dont want to hear any of your excuses", I turn around once again before adding, "they piss me off"

AN

Qwiin_tee here 🙋🙋

I'm almost done with my final exams which means I can write more and continue to focus on Status quo 😊😊

To all those who have been with me from the beginning to know I would like to say thank you and for that I would to give a shout out to my biggest fan and supporter @_Aubade_ thank you so much.

So don't forget to like, comment and share 🙇🙇

Tee out 🙋🙋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 5.7K 43
❝We were quite a cliche, weren't we?❞ he smirked but I ignored the pang it spread in my chest. ❝We were. But this is real life. We can't hang on fan...
399 19 24
This story follows Katie through the final months of her senior year in high school. Her nonexistent relationship with her mother doesn't stop her fr...
201K 5.6K 61
Josephine Pryce will do anything to get out of Lakeville even if it means simply tutoring her arch-nemesis Flynn Cauley. Except when it comes to him...
18.1K 555 40
(Before You Leave #1) She was sent to boarding school over the smallest of mistakes... Okay, burning down your schools gym might have been a big one...