AEONIAN

By injunniez

☼ nct lee jeno ceo fanfiction ❝ why did you take his position? i don't think i hired you to do the job ❞ ⇝ ⇝ ... More

note
main characters
playlist
prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
special edit
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
epilogue

chapter 7

6K 305 188
By injunniez

"The two of you, in my office", CEO Lee said with a serious tone. "Now."

"What if I don't want to?", Haechan asked with a cocky smirk on his face.

The CEO gave me a weird glance, then looked at Haechan who wasn't in the mood. Haechan eventually gave in and the two of us went to his office. To be honest, I was pretty scared.

"Can you explain why you're working here?", CEO Lee asked me.

"My brother, Kim Jungwoo is sick and is in the hospital and he can't work", I explained. "I don't want to pay an extra fee, I'm already burdened by paying his medical bills"

"Why did you take his position? I don't think I hired you to do the job", he said, his intense stare was frightening.

"Didn't you hear her?", Haechan scoffed. "It's obvious she's doing it for her brother"

"I didn't ask you, Haechan", CEO Lee said.

"You heard him", I said.

"I see you're determined", he said.

"Don't even try to negotiate with him, Hyerin", Haechan said and glanced at our boss. "He's a coldhearted prick. He won't give any chances to you"

"I'll think about it", he said, which surprised the two of us.

"Thank you!", I exclaimed, somewhat relieved.

"The two of you are dismissed for the night", he said. "I'll be needing your contact information, Miss Kim"

"Oh right", I said. I took out my notepad and wrote down my contact information on it. I ripped it off and handed it over to the CEO. "We'll be going now"

I grabbed Haechan's arm and pulled him out of the room.

"How are you not fired at this point?!"

"I have my ways", he lowly chuckled. "By the way, do you want to hangout later today? At around lunch?"

"I have scho—"

"You're forgetful", he said. "It's a holiday tomorrow"

I checked the date on my phone and realized there was a holiday tomorrow.

"But I need to work—"

"Don't worry. You should take a break", he suggested. "How about we go somewhere refreshing? Maybe the beach?"

"I'm not so sure", I replied, knowing that I should be with my brother or working to get money to pay for his medical bills.

"Come on, like you said, you don't really hangout with friends. I'll make sure you'll have fun!", he pleaded. "Even I need a day off like that"

"You do have a point...", I trailed.

"I always have a point", he said. "What do you say?"

"Fine, it won't hurt to have a little fun", I agreed.

"I'll see you tomorrow then!", he smiled.

"By the way", I said and looked at Haechan before we split ways. "Why were you mad earlier?"

"You wouldn't understand", he replied with a bitter smile. "No one ever does"

That's when Haechan walked off to where he was going and I was left answered with a confusing answer.

It was the next day and I was on my way to the beach that Haechan told me about on the phone. We exchanged phone numbers a couple of days ago and have been texting each other for a while.

"Over here!", I heard Haechan yell and looked at where it came from to see him in a white tshirt and shorts.

"I'm not late, am I?", I asked.

"Not at all", he said. "Let's head to the shop near the beach! I want to buy something"

I nodded and we went to the shop that Haechan wanted to go to. He walked through the different aisles and while following him, I felt my phone buzz so I checked it.

**** *** ****

This is CEO Lee.
This is my number.
I'll need to talk to you later
so please come early.

"Hey Byeol"

"What?", I asked. "Wait, why did you call me Byeol?"

"I like your name. No one else calls you that", he said. "So I'll call you that"

"Oh, okay", I said without complaining.

"Do you think these sunglasses suit me?", he asked. "They're really cool"

"Yeah, they'd suit you", I replied. "Go buy it if you want it"

"I'll be right back", he said and paid for the glasses, heading back to me after. "Let's go to the beach!"

He grabbed my wrist and pulled me to the shore. He placed the glasses on his shirt and started to enter the ocean. He kept playing around, then facing me.

"You're not going to get in?", he asked and I shook my head.

"I don't like the ocean! You never know when a shark will eat you", I said and he bursted into laughter.

"I mean at least the shallow part you dummy!", he chuckled.

"I don't want to!", I exclaimed.

"Fine, don't join in on the fun then", he said and started to play with the water. He then looked up at me and smirked. "Hey, can you record me playing in the water?"

"Sure", I replied and took his phone and filmed him.

Haechan looked at me and started to splash the water towards me.

"What the hell! Stop it!", I shouted and ran away from him.

He chased after me and I kept running, but eventually stopped when I started to get tired. He stopped and caught his breath.

"I'm tired, let's buy drinks", Haechan suggested. "I'll pay for them"

I nodded and we bought drinks and stayed on the beach. He wore his sunglasses while he sipped on his drink. I also drank it, feeling refreshed.

"You know, I haven't had this much fun in so long", Haechan said. "I'm glad I can spend time with you, Byeol"

"Same goes here", I said. "You wanna walk as we drink? Let's visit the park on the way"

"Sure, let's do that", he said and we started to walk. "Maybe we were meant to meet each other"

"Why do you say so?", I asked.

"We're similar", he replied. "We can't always be happy, but when we're happy, we make the most of it"

"Hm, true", I said.

"Hey, look at that!", Haechan pointed out to a fountain that was shaped as an animal. "Hold my drink, film me there!"

"You're acting like a child!", I exclaimed.

"It's my world! I do whatever I want!", he exclaimed back and posed with the fountain, as if he was the one that was spewing out the water. He then stopped and checked the video I took. "Did I look cool?"

"You looked stupid", I joked.

"You're mean", he pouted.

At that moment, my phone started to ring and I checked who it was and it was an unknown number. I answered it and brought the phone up to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Ms. Kim, I believe I texted you? How come you didn't reply? That's pretty rude of you", he spoke. "I need to talk with you now. I have a meeting later so I can't meet with you later. Be here in ten minutes"

He ended the call without letting me answer. I was frustrated and pocketed my phone, rolling my eyes.

"Who got you mad?", Haechan asked.

"That CEO", I replied. "He asked me to meet him in ten minutes"

"Oh, really?", he questioned.

"Yeah", I replied. "I'm sorry that I have to leave earlier than I have to. I'll make it up to you I guess. I'll see you around, Haechan"

"See you around, Byeol"

"Just on time", I muttered to myself and knocked on the CEO's office door.

"Come in!", he shouted from the inside and I slowly opened the door.

I walked in slowly and stood in front of his desk. I saw that his hair was a bit messy, but what caught my attention was his overly unbuttoned dress shirt, which had four buttons unbuttoned. When he caught me looking, I diverted my eyes to his name plate that was on the desk.

Lee Jeno

That's his name? Such an uncommon Korean name.

"My face is right over here", he said to catch my attention.

"My apologies, Sir Lee", I apologized.

"So about you taking the position of your brother, I approve that you take his position under a couple of rules", he said.

"What is it? I'll follow all the rules", I said.

"First rule, you need to present yourself to me every time you finish your job. You're the only female janitor here, so I need to make sure you're alright. Second rule, don't be too noisy and don't date or flirt with anyone from this company", he said seriously. "Third rule, make sure you execute the job well. Lastly, this is a request as your boss"

"What request?", I asked.

"When you present yourself to me after every shift, please update me about that Haechan guy you're with", he said. "I just need to keep an eye on him"

"Why can't you approach him yourself?", I asked. "Just talk to him, why do you have to make me go through that hassle?"

There was a silence between the two of us until he broke it after a couple of minutes.

"You're different but extremely rude", he said and scanned me from head to toe. "You're an interesting person, makes me want to learn more about you"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174K 6.2K 52
❝ wow jisung. you clearly didn't torment her enough...they're usually a little more...terrified ❞ ↳ wha...
669K 26.9K 55
≛ nct na jaemin bad boy fanfiction ❝ that's what will make it more exciting ❞ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ started: may 6, 2020 published: june 17, 2020 ended: august 1...
147K 7.2K 40
❝𝘰𝘩 𝘮𝘺 𝘨𝘰𝘥 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘦?! ❞ ◌ a webtoon addict finally experiences her own love story. one that f...
HACKER By ANN LEY

Fanfiction

534K 24.2K 44
✸ nct huang renjun fanfiction ❝ well, except for her library in her wattpad, i guess you can say everything about her is innocent ❞ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ started...