AEONIAN

By injunniez

☼ nct lee jeno ceo fanfiction ❝ why did you take his position? i don't think i hired you to do the job ❞ ⇝ ⇝ ... More

note
main characters
playlist
prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
special edit
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
epilogue

chapter 6

5.9K 310 209
By injunniez

[a/n: i'm sorry for too much second lead haechan scenes, i wanted to make some relationship build up with the second lead and main girl]

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ ᴘᴏᴠ

Jeno was spending the late night in his office, past office hours of course. He didn't really like the idea of being a young CEO, but because of his father's demands, he decided to fulfill it.

"Secretary Moon, what's my schedule for today?", Jeno asked the older man.

Secretary Moon was the old secretary of his father. His father liked Secretary Moon a lot, so he made sure that he stayed as the secretary. Jeno, on the other hand, wasn't fond of the guy.

"You'll be attending a meeting at 9am about the sales and purchases of the makeup during the past month. At 3pm, you'll be physically checking the factory and lastly, at 6pm, you have a dinner with your business partners", he replied. "Your schedule is fully booked so we need to be quick"

"That means I won't get a wink of sleep again, am I right?", Jeno questioned.

"You're always right, Sir", he replied.

"Wrong", Jeno scoffed. "This is why I want a new secretary"

"That's a bit rude of you to say in front of me", Secretary Moon spoke. "I've been one of the best secretaries that your father has"

"That's my father, not me", Jeno said and laid back on the chair. He loosened his tie and unbuttoned the first two buttons of his polo. "We're clearly different"

"I can see", Secretary Moon said.

"You're dismissed", Jeno said and Secretary Moon left his office, leaving him alone.

Jeno glanced at the family photo he had framed and placed on his desk. He sighed and looked at the clock, it was one in the morning and he didn't get a minute of sleep. He took off his glasses and got his phone out of his pocket and dialed a certain number.

"Hey Mark", he spoke.

"Oh, Jeno, I see you called", the boy said. "What's wrong? Did something happen with dad? Did he stress you out again?"

"No, just a fully packed schedule ahead of me", he chuckled bitterly. "How about you? How are you there at Canada?"

"It's the same old", Mark replied. "It'd be nice if you visited me though. I haven't seen you in ages, almost five years?"

"Yeah, I've been very busy", he said. "It's sad that dad forces you to stay there"

"Well, you know he still considers me a misfortune after all", Mark sighed. "I wish I got to spend more time with you guys though"

"Yeah, it would've been more fun before we all grew up", Jeno said, spinning his chair to face the mirror and he looked at himself. "Oh right, how's auntie?"

"My mom? Oh, she's fine", he replied. "I've been taking care of her a lot"

"It must be nice to have a mom", Jeno bitterly smiled.

"At least our stepmom treats you like her own son", Mark said. "Even dad prefers you"

"Anyways, I'll catch up with you another time Mark", Jeno said. "I have things to do"

"Alright, until next time"

Jeno pocketed his phone and stood up from his chair, heading over to the mirror to fix his polo, buttoning the buttons again and fixing his tie. He went out of his office, wanting to get some fresh air. He went down, using the elevator and walked down the hall.

This time, he was careful when walking, not wanting another catastrophe to happen. As he was walking, he bumped into a familiar person.

"Donghyuck—"

"I told you to stop calling me that", Haechan said with an annoyed tone.

"Let's talk", Jeno said in a serious tone. Haechan ignored the boy who was older than him by a couple months. "I said, let's talk, Haechan"

"Just walk to where we'll talk", he replied with a monotone voice. "I'll just follow behind you"

Jeno started to walk towards the exit of the building, going outside and Haechan following right behind him. The two stopped right there, in the dimly it place.

"Donghyu—"

"I told you to stop fucking calling me by that!", Haechan shouted. "Why do you always have to get on my nerve?!"

"I can say the same to you", Jeno said, scanning him from head to toe. "Mom and dad—"

"You talk about her as if she's your real mom. Well, of course, every Asian mom out there would love to have you as their child", Haechan spat. "But it's not like I care, my own mother couldn't even focus on me. Instead, she raised the golden son of another woman"

"Lee Haechan!"

"I know what you're going to say already, I've memorized your lines at this point. 'You're just the product of our father's cheating'", Haechan lowly chuckled. "Well, I'm having the consequences of their actions. I'll just keep living in my own world, so live in yours, okay?"

"They want to see you", Jeno said.

"Me? Their failure of a son, what a joke", Haechan started to laugh. "They sent me to be a janitor for a couple months so that I can think about my mistakes, never paid attention to my needs or even cared about my feelings. I guess my answer is clear to you, CEO Lee"

"We're going to have a family dinner though", Jeno said. "You have to be present"

"If I have to be present, then Mark also has to be present", Haechan said. "Oh whoops, I forgot that your dad doesn't treat him like his own son. What a nice life of a only child you have, CEO Lee. Now, I need to clean"

With that, Haechan left, leaving Jeno frustrated.

"You alright there?", I asked Haechan, who seemed to be in a bad mood.

It was the next day after Haechan and I had that deep talk under the stars. I just arrived at the janitor's room to see him with a dull face.

"Did the clouds want to say hi?", I asked, referring to his name Fullsun and him being the sun. "What's wrong?"

"It's nothing, let's just clean, okay?", he said with an upset tone, forcefully grabbing onto the cart and leaving.

"He was fine the other day though?", I questioned myself.

I brushed it off and proceeded to work. The whole atmosphere with Haechan was tense and very quiet. He didn't speak a single word, no pranks or jokes, not even a smile or laugh from him. He was just cold.

"Are you sure you're alright?", I asked him when I got the chance. "I know we're not that close, but you can always—"

"Can you please just leave me alone for today?!", he shouted, making me startled.

"I just wanted to..."

"If I say I'm okay, then I'm okay!", he shouted again. "I don't want you to get on my nerve today"

I heard a couple of footsteps coming but I was too shocked by Haechan's change of personality.

"What's going on here?", a guy asked and I turned around to see the CEO standing right before my eyes. "And why is this random girl helping you clean? She's even wearing our uniform?"

I'm going to be dead meat, wait no, I am dead meat.

[a/n: double update cuz i can't sleep :< sorry again for too much haechan content! i'll try to add more jeno! ]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

170K 8.5K 34
⌨ nct lee haechan gamer/fluff fanfiction ❝ you are my precious sanctuary that no one in the entire universe can replace ❞ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ started: septemb...
676K 41.7K 81
"we're souls of fallen stars breathed into our bodies to live." "then why are you just existing?" ϟ he was on fire and she didn't know who she was. C...
147K 7.2K 40
❝𝘰𝘩 𝘮𝘺 𝘨𝘰𝘥 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘦?! ❞ ◌ a webtoon addict finally experiences her own love story. one that f...
174K 6.2K 52
❝ wow jisung. you clearly didn't torment her enough...they're usually a little more...terrified ❞ ↳ wha...