My Nightmare Crush

By _SiaraL_

He used to be my crush, now he's my nightmare. ******************** Long story short: We knew each other sinc... More

Advises
Description
Cast
Prologue
1|| How this year is gonna be
2|| Broken and pitiable
3|| Seat's taken
4|| He likes you!
5|| That was so hot
6|| What pill?
7|| You're stuck with me
8|| Obviously
9|| Push and pull
10|| Sounds 'bout boring
11|| Wanna bet?
12|| Attention whore
13|| I'm motherfucking especial!
14|| Start over
15|| Done
16|| How can I believe you?
17|| I promise
18|| Are we talking about the same Brett?
19|| Looks like you need it
20|| Don't flinch
21|| Why keep up with this shit?
22|| I knew this picture
23|| Such a perv
24|| Friend zone?
25|| You'll figure it out
26|| I didn't mean to
27|| Playing it down
28|| Sober heart
29|| The rug was pulled
30|| Waiting
31|| Turn of events
32|| Doors open, remember?
33|| Fifth wheel
34|| Claim my prize
35|| Was it worth it?
Bonus part || Brett's POV
36|| PART ONE || Handle it your way
36|| PART TWO || Always
38|| I won't let go
Epilogue
Bonus part || 1 Year Later
Bonus part || 4th of July
CONNOR
NEW STORY
Thank you

37|| Me neither

7.6K 309 60
By _SiaraL_

Dedicated to krisamal Thanks for all the support <3!!!

I took a deep breath to keep my nerves at bay as Granny rang the doorbell and it's timber echoed in the Ryder's house. A second later the door opened and David appeared, fixing the collar of his shirt. A smile spread across his lips when his eyes fell on Granny.

"Well, well, isn't this my favourite unconnected grandma? I've been told we're the only single ones today, Mrs." he wiggled his eyebrows. "You know what that means?"

I almost rolled my eyes as Granny laughed. "College didn't change your sense of decency, I see."

"Of course not. It's still impeccable" he wincked and opened the door wider to let us through. "Come in, and let me help with that." David took the platter Granny was holding and she nodded stepping by him. He smiled at me in a knowing way that got me blushing. "Hi, Alyson. Been busy lately, uh?"

"A bit." I mumbled making his grin widened and close the door. "I thought you were going, like, spring breaker and stuff."

"Oh, I am. But I wanted to see my family first."

"Good boy." nodded Granny, pleased and -I'm sure- not fully aware what college students do on spring breaks. "So, where is everybody?"

"You can head straight to the back yard." and leaned to whisper as in a top secret tone. "I would highly recomend you to stay away from the kitchen. My mother is going crazy and would put you to work."

"No sense. We'll gladly help her. " Granny waved his advises as if it was a joke; but judging by his expression, it wasn't.

"Don't say I didn't warn you..."

Julia Ryder did look kinda stressed. Still beautiful, tho, in a sundress and a neat apron. Her hair pulled up in a elegant bun and frowned as she fixed some mouth-drolling vegetables in a big platter. Her face lighted up when we entered. "Blythe! Alyson! So good you arrived. This is almost done and Logan said the lamb must be ready in a half an hour or so."

I tried not to overthink about what she said. After all, the desition of not eating animals was only mine, and they did take it into consideration judging by the yummy platter there.

"Where do I leave this?" asked David entering behind us and the woman pointed at the counter.

"And this?" I wondered timidly, gesturing to the covered platter in my hands as well.

"What are those, honey?"

"Oh, just some coffee biscuits." responded Granny with a proud smile and David mouth hanged open in awe.

"Don't play with me. I love those cookies! Can I have one-"

"-after the lunch." Julia gave him a pointed look.

"But... but I missed them so much. Blythe's desserts are sooo amazing." I swear I could see Granny blushing in content and I muffled a giggled bitting my lip. Dave pouted like a little child. "Please? Just one?"

"Go help you father, Dave. Not another word." at her final tone, the guy groaned defeatedly and spun on his heels heading down the corridor. Then Julia turned to me. "Why don't you put them on the center table, dear? As a snack. But made sure they don't eat too much of them. Logan and Brett are outside, can you go see if they need anything?"

Nodding I follow where David had disappeared and entered the Ryder's huge living room. Since we will be so much, they decided to have the lunch in the yard and here where only a pile of glasses and drinks so they don't disturb the main table I guess. I could hear voices outside, and my chest churned.

Gingerly, I left the platter where she'd instructed me and wiped my suddenly sweaty palms on the fabric of my skirt. I shouldn't be this nervous. I'd been here a thousand times. I'd have dinners with the Ryder's for as long as I can remember, as if they were my second family. But those where long ago, never since my parents passed away. And never as Brett's girlfriend.

I was still alienated to that term. It felt so weird... yet so good. So fitting yet so strange. I could distinct his voice outside and my heart pouded harder.

I carefully stepped outside and was mesmerized by the detailed of the spread table in their back yard. The grass was greener than ever and the blueness of the sky promised an awsome wheather after the storm of this last couple days. You could also heard faint birds on the background. Everything screamed spring.

The moment I stepped outside Bolt rose his head from his lazy position in the shadow barked, happily getting up his feet and coming at my feet, wagging his tail and looking for me to pet him. Brett looked up from setting the table and smiled, putting down the last plate as I scratched behind Bolt's ears earning a growl. I waved nervously, feeling my stomach twisting in excitement just by seeing him again. "Hi."

Several feet behind, Mr Ryder glanced here as well and waved.

"Oh, hello, Alyson. You've already here? Damn time flies, has Rosie arrived as well?"

"Not yet." I smiled and went to step out the back porch into the yard but Brett had rounded the table and stood there.

"Uh, uh." he stopped me from moving forwards blocking my path and I looked at him in confusion. "I would go near if I were you. The lamp is still pretty much distinctable."

"Oh." My widened and I felt my guts twisted painfully trying not to overthink of the poor thing. Once he said that I noticed the smell of the burning meet. Dead meet. Brett chuckled and leaned for a sweet peck, sending an immediate splutter of electricity through my veins and sucessfully distracting me form the corpse's thoughts.

He smiled once he pulled away. "Hi."

"Hi." it came out more breathless than I intended and his smile stretched as he took my hand pulling me back to the house.

"Come on, you can greet my father later." and then louder for Mr Ryder to hear: "I'm done here. We'll be in my room."

Logan hummed, not glancing up from the smoking barbacue. "Door's open, Brett."

I blushed as he groaned and pulled me into the house again. Bolt went to follow happily but Mr Ryder called him back. In the kitchen Julia and Granny were chatting cheerfully while preparing another mouth drolling plate and laughing among themself -on our behalf, probably. As soon as we entered it Granny eyes hardened and fell on our joined hands, narrowing.

Brett must noticed it too since he gulped before imforming: "We're done. If you don't need anything else, we'll be in my room 'til Rose arrive."

"Okay, honey. You can finish packing then. Doors open, okay?"

"Yes, yes..." he complained almost to himself, climbing the stair to his room. "What's up with everyone saying that?" I entered behind him and he pushed the door shut. Really? My brows shot up and he frowned. "What?"

"Well," I cleared my throat gesturing to the door. "Maybe that's why they keep saying it."

Brett waved it and entered the room further taking a seat on the floor by the bed. Then I noticed the open suitcase at it's feet and the display of clothes in it and over the mattress.

Right. The Ryders were going to a family trip to Nevada during this break. All exept David, of course, who would go to Florida's coast with some college fellas. Parties there during the breaks there had a reputation and if they're anything like that movie Norah wanted to see, Spring breakers, they get savage. Yeah, I know life is not like movies but still.

"Are you excited about the trip?" I wondered carefully sitting on the edge of the bed, not to wrinkled anything.

"Not really." he clicked his tongue, inspecting what was already inside the case and turning to me. "I mean, a long road trip right now isn't exactly what I'm looking for." he shrugged. "The good thing is that once there we'll get to see, like, the Hoover Dam and stuff so it'll be cool. Can you pass me the left pile?"

I nodded and did as he asked, careful no to unfold anything and he strategically packed it in the case. "What about the Grand Canyon?"

"Mh, yeah. We got planned a visit there on the third day I think."

"Wow, I would love to see that." I said dreamfully and he tilted his head.

"I'll bring you something." he stated then, making my heart fluttered. "A key-ring or postcard. Or a stone, if nobody's looking."

I smiled, touched. "You don't have to."

"But I want to." Brett remarked nonchalatly and sweet a ache spread in my chest. 

"I... I would love that too. Thanks." he matched my grin with his, and I shyly tucked a strand of hair behind my ear before passing him more clothes he gestured too. We went on like this for a while, talking about this break and packing his stuff... a lot of stuff. In the end I perked  one brow and wondered. "Are you sure you're gonna need all this? You'll barely stay a week."

"I don't want to risk it."

I giggled passing him the last folded shirt. "You're such a girl."

"Oh, am I?"

His eyes sparkled in challenge at the tease and he grabbed my hand before I could retracted it. He dropped the shirt and downed the case's lid, then hopped up to his knees leveling our faces since I was sitting in the edge of the bed. My breath hitched in anticipation, my heart pounding so hard I was sure he could heard it. His smirk confirmed it as he pressed his palms on the mattress beside me, making it dip and sliding closer.

"Wanna say that again?" I shook my head, my voice gone, and he tilted his forwards. His nose brushed mine softly and the most alluring fire sparkled in my stomach. "No, uh? Then, what if I just..." his lips caressed mine. Taunting. Soft and sweet, almost as he thought I might broke, like I was made of glass.

My hands curled around his neck. The gentle touch increassed the burning sensation inside me, and it grew when he grazed my lips again, firmer this time. What neither of us were expecting was my response, pressing back eager for more of that blissful feeling.

The flutter in my chest became ravishing, torn between delight and shame for my inappropriate actions. Brett didn't question it, tho. I felt his smirk against my lips, then moved his hands from the mattress to my hips and tugged me closer, easily fitting between my knees and kissed me to the edge of a heart attack. It was like he'd lost the control he'd been exerting so far, but still manage to keep it tender like hell.

Everything but us disappeared, and I couldn't even remember what it was I said to cause this but, damn... He tilted his head for a deeper kiss and my arms tightened around his neck, a soft moan leaving my mouth and dying in his. He slid me even closer to the very edge so my whole front pressed his and carefully got up and forward 'til my back was against the mattress. My mind spun at the delicious weight of his chest pressing mine down and his tongue delving in my mouth.

I felt like I could thaw right there.

His fingers slid under the hem of my shirt, tracing my sides and leaving a path of burning goosebumps. Despite the melting pleasure it woke in every inch of me I panicked, all my insecurities hitting at once.

"Wait." I broke the kiss, panting and feeling my cheeks on fire.

"What's wrong?" he used his elbows to put a little distance and look from my gaze but I couldn't look him in the eyes. At that he frowned and lifted from hovering over me to sit by my side. The lost of his body's heat left a longing in my being. "Have I done something?"

"No!" My chest constricted as I pushed into a sitting postion as well, our shoulders brushing. "No! No, of corse not."

"Then?" I can felt his confusion as he tried to catch my eyes but I keep avoiding it, boiling in shame. I lift my knees to my chest.

"I... I-I've never... you know-"

This was mortifying. How do you explain I'd never got intimate before? Never even been kiss before him! For an almost eithteen-year-old on the twenty-one century it was kinda embarrassing. I was such a prude.

But Brett smiled, took one hand from over my knees and intertwined it with his fingers, tingles shop up my arm. Without noticing I'd dropped my head on his shoulder and his cheek rested on top. My lids fell as I leaned into the sweet touch.

"I know." he mumbled reassuringly into my hair. "Me neither."

He...

What?

My eyes opened again, in shock but he only shrugged.

"You neither what?"

"Been with someone before."

Yeah, and what else.

I huffed folding my arms and pulling away, my face on fire. "You don't have to make me feel better. I know you have."

"I haven't." he tipped my chin so I had to look at those deep blue eyes that got my heart poundind agressively. "I've told you, I've only kissed Jade like four times."

I lower my gaze, a pang of bitter ache throbbed in my chest.  "Y-you don't have to remind me."

"Am I your first kiss?" he wondered almost amazed, as if he didn't know. It took me a shy moment before I nodded and he smiled, before grimacing in regret, looking away. "I wished you've been mine."

My stomach churned. Just imagining him with some other girl made me sick. And a girl like Jade. To my jealousy it added the embarrasment at my own lack of experience. I must be laughable.

"You're my first sober, willing kiss?"

"Ugh." I covered my face with my palms. "You're not helping."

He let out a chuckle and snaked his arms around me, tugging me closer.

"What about this: you're the only girl I've wanted to kiss. Ever."

"That's clearly not true."

"It is. That's why the other's only happen with me drunk." My heart throbbed and I glanced between my fingers. "I only ever wanted you."

"But... but you've been with her a-and she's... she's Jade. She is- and I'm..."

"Would you stop?" he groaned hugged me tighter and I heard his heartbeat speeding under my ear pressed to his chest. "If I like you why do you even care about her? Don't you get it?" he brushed my hair away and cupped my face to made me look at him. I scowled, confused. "I don't care that you've never kiss a guy before. I don't care that you're you, Lys. I like you like you are and I like kissing you more than I'd ever like anything Jade or anyone had done to me." he smiled tauntingly, shattering the thick tension building. "Even if you stop me everytime."

My jaw hanged and I blushed even harder. "I-I don't."

"You do, but it's okay. I told we could take things slow. And if I don't care if you want to wait a week, a month or ten fucking years. Can't you see that I don't know what I'm doing either? I just want to be with you."

I smiled at his sweetness, my lungs working raggedly thanks to his lovely words. I cupped his face, feeling my chest bloathe when he leaned into it and my thumb grazed the soft skin of his cheek. All the while his eyes didn't leave mine and made me feel like I was drowning in a sea of sapphire.

It was mesmerizing how he could take my insecurities and beat them into dust so the mere thought of them feel ridiculous.

"I want to be with you too." I mumbled back, still breathless by his declaration, my mind light.

Brett smiled and leaned softly so our foreheads touched and his nose grazzed mine. My still sensitive lips from the previous make out tingled, longing for attention but he didn't made a move.

"J-just so you know. You can kiss me." I mumbled timidly, not wanting him to feel like it wasn't okay for him to so just because I got overwhelmed and 'stop him everytime'. "I like it when you do." It was of my own reactions I got scared. And of my insecurities and lack of experience.

Brett smirked. "Or you could kiss me for a change."

Anxiety bit my guts. If there's one thing I surely ain't, this was bolt.

My gaze lowere to his plump, perfect lips and remembered how they felt. Swallowing the knot in my throat I gingerly moved my hands to cup his face. Our eyes deep buried in each other's. The fire behind his blue orbs sparkled my desition enough to try.

Still unsure, I closed my lids and carefully placed my lips over his. The contact immediately ignited my nerves. He let out a soft moan, the sexiest sound I ever heard, and that encouraged me to keep going. I kissed him slowly, hoping I was doing it well.

Brett followed my lead and we moved in sync. So good. I pulled away after some moments, deafened by the drumming of my own pulse and too overwhelmed at the freedom he was giving me. Not knowing what to do with it nor if it was going well. My cheeks tainted and immediately buried my face in his shoulder.

He chuckled and embraced me back, absentmindly fiddling with the strands of my hair and making me relax. "I can believe I won't be seeing you for a week."

I felt my lips pursing before giving the order. "I'm gonna miss you." I admitted lowly, tracing the seam of his shirt absently.

I can sense his smile like a burning and my face flustered. Brett leaned, pressing his lips on my forehead and my lids fell immediately, relishing in the feeling of the soft pressure and the fireworks he ignited.

"I'll miss you more." he replied but the tight lace in my chest prevent me from believing him. "I'll be back for your presentation."

My lips parted, but before I could say anything the room's door slammed opened, startling the hell out of us.

"David!"

"Door's open, Brettie. You still don't get it." his brother smirked nonchalantly as I struggled to calm my ragged heart. Dave entered the room unbothered by Brett's glare left the door ajar after him. Realizing we were so close I was practically on his lap, I awkwardly shifted away from Brett.

The auburn noticed with a frown and turned back to the new comer. "What do you want?"

"I'm bored." he groaned sitting in the desk chair and spinning a couple times. "They want me to help but don't let me help. You know how frustrating this is?"

"As if you wouldn't know mum by now."

Dave scoffed. "Yeah. So, what were you guys doing? Something interesting?"

He perfectly knew what we were doing, I could tell by the malicious-amused once over he gave us and I blushed to the tip of my ears, discreetly trying to smooth my clothes.

"Yes," deadpanned Brett. "Now can you leave?"

"But I'm bored." pouted David. "Can't I stay with my little bro 'til it's ready?"

"Nop."

"Oh, you meanie." his eyes narrowed. "Then I guess you won't mind me telling Alyson cute stories about baby Brettie?" My chest jolted, startled at my sudden mention in the conversation. It didn't passed me the way Brett paled and David's smirk. "No? Okay." he turned towards me. "Wanna know?"

Embarrassing stories about Brett? I smiled a bit. "Sure."

"Okay, there was this one time in our cousin Sam's birthday that mum bought us a piñata and-"

"Alright! Alright! You can stay." Interrupted Brett and Dave slouched back against the chair.

"Really? So kind of you."

Brett mumbled 'jerk', crossing his arms and I tilted my head. "But I want to know the piñata's story."

"Too bad."

There where soft knocks on the door before somene pushed it open and a radiant brunette girl appeared followed by a corpulent guy. "Hello!"

"Hey Rosie!" Dave smiled and Brett snorted as the couple stepped inside.

"Yes, come in, why not?"

I elbowed him lightly but he just rolled his eyes.

"Stop complaining." David rolled his own when their sister reached him first, frowning at Brett's mood and leaned to kissed the top of Dave's head. "Don't mind him, he's throwing a tantrum because I was about to tell Alyson about that piñata."

Her lips formed a perfect 'O', as amusement and realzations hit her. "Oh, the piñata-"

"I was three, okay?!" Brett brushed his hair frustratedly with a groan. "Stop bringing it up."

"Never." laughed Rose kissing his head too to which Brett groaned, still childishly crossed. Then she turned to me as I stood from the mattress. "Whoa, Alyson." she hugged me briefly yet tightly and it warmed me form inside. It's been years since I last seen the older sister but yet she looked just the same. More mature, but still the same girl that teached me about girl stuff before anyone else. "It's been too long since I last saw you, Lys."

Brett circled my waist with one arm and tugged me closer, possessively. "I call her Lys, you call her Alyson."

"Okay, piñata boy, whatever." taunted her ignoring his glare and pulled the unknown guy to her side, gesturing to me. "Here, this is the girl I told you about. And this is Will. My fiancé."

"Fiancé?" I mimicked in awe shaking his hand, not having expected that at all and Rose grinned brightly, raising hers to shown a beautiful ring. "Oh my God!" I took it to inspect it closer as she giggled.

"Since last month."

"I- Congrats!" I finally reacted and she grinned moving to seat at Brett's couch before the bed with Will. I couldn't stop smiling. "Wow, Rose. I'm so happy for you. And nice to meet you." I turned to Will who was shyly smiling. Apparentaly overwhelmed too by the siblings' dynamic.  "This is so... I- I don't know what to say! I'm so excited!"

"Well, say you'll be in my wedding." Rose perked one brow and leaned back to throw both me and Brett a knowing look. "Now that you're finally dating you literally got no excuse."

I blushed as David chuckled from his sprawled position in the chair. "Finally is the main word there."

"Shut up." groaned Brett just as we heard Julia calling for us dowstairs. Lunch was ready. I felt my chest bubbling in mirth as we exited the room behind everyone else.

"Will I ever get to hear that story?" I wondered intrigued and Brett narrowed his eyes at me. "Please?" I pouted and could see the twitch in the corner of his mouth.

"Not a chance." he leaned for a quick peck, vanishing any track of 'tantrum' and intertwined out fingers before pulling us behind his family.

_____________________________________________

Hey! There goes another chapter!! What are your thought on Brett's family? And on Brett's and Alyson relationship advances? Let me know!

Thank you so much because we've reached the 32.7k views and 1.8k votes. OMG!!! So amazing! I don't have words to say how grateful I am. It would mean the world if you could also check on my other currently on going stories: Just Kissing and Once Upon A Bet. <333

Don't forget to comment, vote and share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 5.5K 49
He's cold, insensitive and rude... But why can't I stay away? ******************** My love life was the last of my problems. Last year, bullies, pen...
3.6M 112K 31
Lunch went by pretty quickly, and we were back to classes soon enough. I'd forgotten to get a book from my locker, so I quickly went to get it. I was...
66.8K 2.1K 29
Everything changed now. I never expected to wake up, but I did. I woke up barely feeling alive with only one thought in my mind. Liam. It was alway...
151K 4.6K 33
Completed "What the hell do you think you're doing?" I asked, glaring at him while he forcefully dragged me out of class. "You told me you need help...