The Perfect Organism

By Queen_AngelAce

"You still don't understand what you're dealing with, do you? The organism is....how do I explain this? Its s... More

Chapter 1: Deep Space Expedition
Chapter 2: Silver Star Station
Chapter 3: Lost Part One
Chapter 4: Lost Part Two
Chapter 5: Encounter
Chapter 6: Androids
Chapter 7: Its Here
Chapter 9: Big Plan
Chapter 10: Detour
Chapter 11: Bait
Chaptet 12: Android Uprising
Chapter 13: Tougher Androids
Chapter 14: The Reactor
Chapter 15: The Queen
Chapter 16: Transmission
Chapter 17: Escape
Chapter 18: Specimen

Chapter 8: Hunting

413 19 0
By Queen_AngelAce

Elijah's POV:

I watched as the alien creature attacked and killed three people. Then it turned around and ran over to a small locker. It crouched down and ripped the door off it's hinges. I gasped when I saw Angel was inside. She screamed as the alien screeched and pulled her out. I pulled out my gun and began shooting at the alien. It turned its attention towards me. "Run Angel!!" I cry.

The alien ran towards me, giving Angel time to run away. I shot at the alien but it showed absolutely no sign of damage. I turn around and ran away. Lucky for me, some people were still here. They shot at me but then ran for their lives when they saw the alien. I saw Angel appear from a room. I ran over to her and we ran away. "Elijah! Angel! Over here!" Charlotte calls. We ran towards her and into a door.

"Oh thank God you guys made it!" Chloe sighs.

"Alright let's go!" Miller yells. We ran and came to a reception. Then the alien dropped down in front of us. "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" Miller yells. The alien walked over to us. I looked around and saw the whole room lit up. Then furious beeping then an explosion. It sent us all flying and knocked us out. I managed to keep my head. I looked up and saw the alien creature climbing up the walls and into a vent.

I looked down at everyone. "Guys! Guys wake up!!" I cry. I shook them all until they came to.

"What-what happened? Oh my God the station is on fire!" Chloe cries.

"Let's get out of here before we suffocate!" I yell. I helped Angel up and carried her over to a ladder. We all climbed up and avoided the fire. We climbed into a vent and caught our breath.

"I would very much love to be back home in my bed," Charlotte announces.

"Same here," I mutter. We climbed through the vent and dropped down into a dark room. The only thing that was lit up was the elevator.

"So who is the jackass who is lining up this station with explosives in a vain attempt to kill this creature?" Charlotte questions.

"My guess would be anyone. Who knows?" I say. We got in the elevator and pressed the button. We walked out once the doors opened. We crawled into a vent when we saw more fire. We searched the vent and found some supplies. We dropped down into a new area. I looked up and saw sparks.

"Whoa. I guess we need to fix that," Miller mutters. Then we heard voices. We quickly hid. I peeked up to see three men.

"There's could be more of them. Just shoot anything that moves," One says.

"This is so fucked up," Another says.

"Keep it together," The first demands.

"They just....killed him...." The second says.

"And now they're dead too. So just calm down," The first says.

"I'm guessing we need to avoid them too," Chloe mutters.

"I think we need to avoid all people until we know they're on our side," Angel says. She looked around and crawled inside. We crawled in after her. We crawled out and realized we were closer to the men. I looked across from us and saw a vent in the floor. I pointed towards it and everyone got the idea. We snuck past the men and climbed down.

We crawled around below the three men. Then we heard another voice. "Francis? You guys okay?" They ask.

"Mahoney! Thank God. We got jumped. Looters," Francis says.

"We saw it all on the security feed. Can you get up here?" Mahoney asks.

"We're trapped. Elevator's out," Francis states.

"You're right by Systems and Synthetics Storage. There's all kinds of stuff to fix it," Mahoney notes.

"We don't know where to look," Another man says.

"Boot up a Requisitions Android," Mahoney orders.

"Is he insane?!" The second man cries.

"Peterson wants to know if you're fucking insane. Those things have started attacking people!" Francis exclaims.

"They're friendly unless you do something unauthorized. Talking to an android in a warehouse should be fine. It'll know how to fix the elevator," Mahoney explains. I looked at Angel. She looked at me and nodded.

"Okay. Francis out. Asshole," Francis says.

"'Should be fine.' Well I'm sure as hell not making new best friends with one of those things," The second guy says. I looked at everyone else. They all seem to get the idea of what we needed to do now.

"So what do we do now?" The third guy asks.

"Hold on Dylan. Let me think," Francis says.

"What do you think that noise was we heard earlier?" Peterson asks.

"Sounded like an explosion," Dylan suggests.

"I figured that out genius. I mean what caused it? Gotta be Waits," Francis says.

"I heard he's tryna kill that creature by setting traps. Remote charges, can you believe that?! He's gotta be crazy," Dylan says.

"Maybe that's the answer. I heard Waits has some kind of safe haven up near the Galleria. We could go there," Peterson suggests.

"Did you not what what I said? Crazy fucker's blowing stuff up. No thanks," Dylan says.

"We're running out of options," Peterson says.

"Then shut up and let me think," Francis says. I looked at Angel and pulled her away. We all crawled through the vent underneath the three men then we made our way out.

"Sounds like they're doing a good job surviving," Charlotte says, sarcastically.

"Let's just keep our distance," Angel says. We climbed up a ladder and walked around. We found more supplies. We took a break and crafted some items. I looked at Angel. I observed her as she crafted a pipe bomb. I was so scared for her earlier when the alien was about to attack her.

"Alright let's go," Miller says.

"Wait. There's a terminal," Angel says. She searched the for information but it wasn't anything new. We walked down a hall and somehow made our way back to the three men.

"THERE'S SOMETHING UP IN THE VENT!!" Peterson shouts. We saw the alien drop down and kill two guys. It looked at one and grabbed him then dragged him up into the vent.

"Oh shit!" Miller cries.

"We need to move and fast." I said, as we walked over to a door.

"Okay we need to find that Android to can help us," Chloe says.

"Okay, as much as I hate this, we need to split up and search for some things," I say. Chloe, Charlotte, and Miller walked away and into a room. Me and Angel walked away and found the android inside.

"Seems like we need to power it up," Angel mutters.

"This is all too much shit. Why does everything bed right be powered up?" I mumble.

"Elijah, this is place is being decommissioned," She says. We walked around and found a level two security access tuner upgrade. "This'll help a lot," She says.

"Come on. Let's go back," I say. We walked back and met up with the others. "What'd you guys finds?" I ask.

"Not much. There's an upstairs though. We need the security access tuner," Miller says. I gave him the security access tuner and watched as he climbed up the ladder.

"So what do we do? After we get back to Earth?" Chloe asks.

"I'm staying on Earth. No more space shit for me. I'm getting my check and that's it," Charlotte says.

"Same here. After I get my check, I'm leaving twin. I'm getting away from this mess," Angel says. Then we heard low rumbling. "What was that?" Angel asks.

Then Miller appeared. "Got it. Now let's go," He says. We walked through the door and up to the Android. Angel pressed the button and the android walked out.

It looked at us and asked, "How can I help you?"

"We need a compression cylinder," I state.

"Components Warehouse. Row one, stack B. Follow me," It says.

"Just keep the noise down, okay?" Angel says. We followed the android to the door outside. It inserted a keycard into the door and it opened. We followed it and watched it walk across the room. That's when I noticed the floor was wet and electrifying.

We watched as the android glitched and burst into flames then died. "Well we can't touch that," Charlotte says.

"We need to go around it," Angel observes. She pressed a button on one of the rows. We managed to make our way across the room. I pressed the button and the stacks began to drop down. I picked up the compression cylinder.

"Here we go," I say. We walked back out the door and back to the area where the three men were at. Charlotte inputted the cylinder and the elevator was primed. We walked in and the elevator went down. We stepped out and came for another door. All of a sudden, Angel dropped to the ground.

"Angel you okay?" Chloe asks. Angel shook her head.

"I'm tired. I'm irritated. I'm fighting for my life. I'm scared. I wanna go home!" She cried.

"We're almost there Angel," I mutter. The door opened and we walked out. Charlotte and Chloe helped Angel up and tried to keep her calm. We saw three people in the distance. Then we saw the alien take one and went down below them.

"So Alien was with us the whole time?!" Chloe cried. Now it was my turn to get irritated. We continued walking around and found some supplies. We were shot at by the remaining two people. We shot and killed them and took their stuff.

"This is some bullshit. I'm with Angel in this. I am so tired and so irritated," Miller exclaims.

"Me too but let's just go. I'm ready to go. I wanna make sure Angela is okay," I say. We walked through the door and came to another elevator. We walked in and pressed the button.

"Ugh!!! God I'm so fucking irritated!!" Angel yells.

"The Company can just forget about that flight recorder. We risked our lives for something that doesn't even have anything on it," Charlotte says. The elevator doors opened and we walked out.

"Hey this is where we were at earlier," Chloe says.

"Yep. And the door is locked." Angel says, as she used the security access tuner to hack the door. The door opened and we walked through. We ran downstairs and came to the gang.

"I sent you a clear directive not to land on station!" A man yell.

"I told you! We didn't hear your message. We understood you would be-" Sam cut off when she seen us. The man and his friend turned around and aimed their guns at us.

"Whoa- hey!" Angel says, as she put her hands up. We did the same.

"Identify yourselves," The man says.

"I'm Angel. This is Elijah, Charlotte, and Miller," Angel explains.

"We're from the Torrens," I add.

"Relax kids," The man says. I looked down on the floor to see a still unconscious Angela. Charlotte quickly ran over and gave Sam and Kyle the medical supplies.

"What the hell is going on here Marshal?" Where are the security forces?" I ask.

"You're looking at them," He says. I looked around.

"It's just the two of you?" Chloe asks. They nodded.

"We've all seen the alien creature. What is it?" Angel asks.

"I don't know. Something brought here by Marlow. The captain of the Aneisdora," Marshal explains.

"The ship that found the flight recorder," Kyle notes.

"Elijah knows what it is," Charlotte says. I glared at her.

"Shut the fuck up Charlotte. I am really sick of you," I say, lowly.

"You know what that thing is?" Marshal says, as he came into my view.

"I seen a file on it back on Earth but I don't know that much about it," I note.

"But you know some stuff about it," He says.  I noticed he gripped his gun. I did the same.

"Look I don't know any more than y'all do. I just read a little bit about it," I say.

"Is there anywhere safe left on the station? That creature is running around and the Seegson Synthetics are less than friendly," Angel says.

"Fucking androids," Marshal mutters.

"Guys, Angela needs attention," Kyle notes.

"Medical's a no-go. We can't take her there. The alien will be all over us. It's already hunting us," I say.

"We have a basic life support unit back a HQ," Marshal says.

"Then let's go!" I demand.

"We need the transit to get to HQ but it's down. Transit Control is upstairs. Sam and Kyle here says some of you used to be engineers. Go make yourselves useful, seeing as you kids screwed up the trap," Marshal growls.

"Yeah right. We'll talk about that later Waits. You protect them while I'm gone, understood?" I reply.

"Ricardo, get a lock on their radios so we can stay in town," Waits orders. After that, I headed off. I walked upstairs and heard footsteps behind me. I turned around to see Angel.

"Yeah. I'm coming with you. Elijah, splitting up is not a good idea," She says. I rolled my eyes. We headed on and found an elevator. I looked at Angel.

"So Angel what made you wanna come on this trip?" I ask, curiously.

"Well I was promised a big, hefty check and a luxury suite in space but instead, I was lied to and now my life on the line," She say. The elevator doors opened and we walked out. She picked up a blueprint for a flashbang upgrade. I looked around and saw a glowing panel. I pressed some buttons and an alarm blared.

"Someone shut everything off!" I note.

"That's bad," Angel says.

"Hello?! I know someone's in here!" A man yells. Me and Angel quickly hid. I looked at her as she pulled out her gun. She shot the man in the head. I stared at her.

"What?" She asks.

I shook my head and say, "Nothing. I didn't think that would be something you would do."

"Look, at this point, it's kill or be killed," She says.

We walked around and saw another glowing panel. I pressed some buttons then an android appeared. We quickly hid again. I killed it and searched its body for items.

"And there," Angel says. I looked at her and she reactivated everything. The lights came on as everything began to power up.

"Elijah, Angel, this is Waits. The transit's here and we're waiting on you," Waits says.

"Take it. We had some trouble so it's gonna take us awhile to get back," I say. Angel stared at me.

"What?" She says.

I held up my finger.

"We can wait for you guys Elijah," Waits says.

"Angela can't. We can catch the next car," I state.

"Your call," Waits mutters.

"Elijah-" I cut Angel off.

"Angel, think about Angela. She's already passed out because she probably lost too much blood. She needs medical attention now," I say. She sighs and nodded.

"You're right," She says. We walked around and searched the area for items. We crafted some items. "Hey Elijah! Look what I found!" Angel calls. I looked at her and saw that she had a gas torch in her hands.

"That could be useful," I say, taking it from her. We walked out the door and went back to the elevator.

"What's wrong with it? Why is it sparking?" Angel asks.

"That guy probably messed it up or something," I mutter. I looked over and saw an orange metal door in front of a vent. I looked at the gas torch. "We can probably this take that thing off," I suggest. I opened gas torch and turned it on. I torched the door and it fell off. Me and Angel climbed inside the vent.

Angel went down first and we came to a room. Angel searched and found some supplies. We found a tape recorder. I pressed the button on it.

"Guys, it's Sinclair. We need supplies. Take what you can from whoever you want. I found an area in Habitation where we can seal ourselves in and wait for rescue. I've got welding vents shut and shutting off elevators. The plan is to make it watertight. There's no more room for people in the sanctuary, but we can make space for food, meds, water, and guns. If we're going to get through this alive, there's no room for pity," A man explains.

I looked at Angel. "So there's a sanctuary in Habitation? Good to know," I say.

"What, you don't think they are going to just let us in?" She asks.

"It's better than waiting out here in the open for that alien to come through and snatch us up," I say. Me and Angel went downstairs back to transit.

"Elijah, Angel, we heard voices as we left. Watched yourselves," Waits says.

I looked at Angel and said, "That's just great. We don't need anymore shit."

"We really don't," Angel says. We walked over to the transit for Solomons Galleria Mall. Me and Angel hid when we heard voices.

"Maybe he's found a better site to raid," A man says.

"Or a way off this fuck-heap," Another man says.

"That or today's the day we finally seal ourselves in on the Habitation docks," The third man says.

"Let's go find Sinclair. No way we should be splitting up. Safety in numbers," The first man says.

"I'm not even sure of that anymore. That thing is....unstoppable," The second man says. I looked at Angel.

"Give me one clear shot. I'll stop the fucker," The first man says. He looked in my direction. "The fuck was that?!" He yells.

"Shit!" I say. I stood up and shot at him. Angel stood up and threw a smoke bomb at the group of men. They all cried out as they tried to leave the smoke. I was about to walk over and take them out but Angel stopped me. She pulled out a pipe bomb and threw it at the guys.

I covered her as the bomb exploded. We peeked you to see blood everywhere. Angel ran over and began to search the bodies. She looked at me. "Well waste not, want not," She says.

"Come on. Let's go," I say. We walked inside the transit and pressed the button. It took us to Solomon's Galleria Mall. The doors opened and we walked out. We found some items lying around so we crafted.

"Hey Waits, we're here. Where do we go?" Angel asks.

"We're in the Marshall Bureau. Just turn right at the top of the stairs. Ya can't miss it," Waits says, over the radio.

"No welcome committee?" I say, jokingly.

"Just get up here. Waits out," Waits says. Me and Angel walked upstairs and turned right. I looked in the distance and saw the door. The words Fuck The Marshals were spray painted on the door. I began snickering.

"What?" Angel asks. I pointed at the door. She frowned at me. "Stop it," She says, smiling. We walked over to the door and came to a hall. We walked inside another door and met up with the others.

"How's Angela?" I ask Waits, as we approached him.

"Stable. She'll be walking soon enough. Sam, Kyle, Miller, Ruby, and Charlotte are with her now," He answers.

"Okay," I say.

"I see y'all managed to get transit up and running so I guess we're even," He adds.

"Where's Ricardo?" Angel asks.

"Prepping our next move. Look, I'm busy. I've got Marlow in the cells—the lowlife who showed up with your precious flight recorder," He says, irritably.

"Where's Marlow's ship? The Aneisdora?" I ask.

"He put it in a parking orbit around the Gas Giant. Son of a bitch won't give us the command codes to let us bring it in on auto. Maybe one of you can get more out of the unhelpful bastard. Go talk to him," He explains.

I followed Angel over to the cells. We saw Marlow inside the cell. She pressed the button and spoke. "Marlow?" She calls.

"Who wants to know?" He asks.

"Us obviously. You found something that we needed but unfortunately, it's gone. You found the flight recorder but the data is corrupted," Angel explains.

"Yeah so? We found the flight recorder but we didn't find the ship it came with," Marlow says.

"But you sure as hell found something else. So what happened out there?" I ask.

"It's a long story," He says.

"We got time." I say, crossing my arms. He sighs.

"Fine," He mutters. He began to explain the situation and what happened that led to this point.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 83 31
18+ (Xenophile) Smut. Violence. Foul Language. The year is 3787, the Earth is in ruin, and the infectious spores plagues the world below. After many...
0 0 26
"Peace, you have a girlfriend remember" Dennis said stopping him from kissing her further. "I know" he told her and lean in closer to kiss her again...
9.8M 498K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
39.4K 2.8K 50
Ellen knew the future of humanity was uncertain and if the remaining human's wouldn't put aside their hatred for the intruders, all would be lost... ...