Bonded [BTSxReader]

By alyyisa

He'll keep breaking your heart. And one day, that pain will be the death of us all. - - - - - What if you cou... More

1: Characters and Introduction
2: Pain Tolerance
3: Importance of Connection
4: Linked
5: Self Introductions
6: I Loved You
7: The Last One
8: Neighbors
9: Moonlight
10: The Maze Garden
11: Jennie and Yoongi
12: Lisa and Jungkook
13: Jimin, Taehyung, and You
14: The Prince
15: Washing Away
16: I Need Somebody
17: Sinking Deeper
18: Breathe Me
19: Kitchen Tears
20: Island Getaway
21: The Pact
22: Our Actions
23: Pool Party
24: Starlit Kiss
25: Dreams of the Past
26: Waterfall
27: Unsettling Memories
28: Dinner Party
29: Midnight
31: Hoseok, Part 2
32: The Less You Know
33: Mystery Girl

30: Hoseok, Part 1

1.1K 78 23
By alyyisa

"Am I your soulmate, Jung Hoseok?"

- - - - -

"Do you believe in first loves?"

Hoseok asked the question aloud, and Jennie turned to look at him.

They were having a picnic on a grassy hill, far away from civilization. It was a beautiful afternoon, laying on their backs as the clouds above made different shapes.

"What do you mean?" she said back.

"Well... do you believe that someone can really stay with the first person they fall in love with forever?"

Jennie turned back to the sky, thinking of her answer.

"I... guess it depends. If someone was lucky enough to meet their soulmate that soon, I do suppose it's possible." she said.

"I see. So... yes, then?"

"Yes, even though I'd say it's rare."

He was silent for a moment before speaking again.

"Do you believe in someone having more than one soulmate?"

Jennie furrowed her brows, turning to look at him again. He looked to her too, and they locked eyes.

"More than one soulmate... wouldn't that defeat the purpose?" she responded.

"I suppose, but then how do you know someone's a soulmate? What if you just think they are? Maybe you love them so much, that love can become just as strong as a soulmate bond. Maybe even stronger."

He sat up, and looked down at Jennie with a smile.

 "And then whoever they are, even if they weren't your true soulmate, they end up becoming it." he said.

She stared at him, his eyes sparkling, before smiling back at him.

"What made you start asking all these questions in the first place?" Jennie asked. "Quite the philosophical mind, aren't you?"

He chuckled. "I wouldn't say that."

"So then," Jennie declared, propping herself up on her elbows, "Am I your soulmate, Jung Hoseok?"

His smile softened, and he took her hand in his own.

"Even if you're not... I love you enough now that I wouldn't be able to tell the difference."

- - - - -

You woke up the next morning to the sunlight pouring in through the lightly curtained windows.

You looked over to Lisa's bed, and noticed she was also stirring, in the process of waking up. You sat up, stretching your arms into the air.

Soon after getting ready, you make yourself into the living room, where a few people are occupying. You lock eyes with Jennie, and she motions you over, along with Lisa, who soon comes up behind you.

"Morning guys. I was hoping to gather everyone together, there's something that I need to... tell you all." Jennie said.

You looked at her curiously.

"Oh, sure. What's this all about?"

"I'll explain once everyone arrives... I think all we're missing is Jungkook, right?"

Taehyung stands up. "I'll go wake him up."

He disappears into the hallway, and soon comes back with Jungkook, bleary-eyed and a blanket wrapped around him.

"Hmm? What's everyone doing up this early?" Jungkook asked, yawning.

"It's 10am already." Yoongi sighed.

"Exactly." Jungkook groaned.

He took a seat on the floor next to Jin, leaning his head sleepily on his shoulder.

With Jungkook here, everyone was accounted for. Except for Rose.

"Does Rose need to be here too?" you asked.

Jennie shook her head. "No, I just need to tell all of you. The people I'm bonded with."

She took a deep breath, and you saw Yoongi put his hand on top of hers reassuringly.

These two seem closer than they were before... I wonder if something happened between them.

"Hello everyone. I'm sorry this is such short notice, but there's something I need to tell all of you. I wasn't planning on doing this, but... you all deserve to know. And by doing this, you should know that I'll be completing my action assigned to me."

You raised your eyebrows.

"Anyways... might as well just start talking before I regret this." she went on.

You saw her flash a look over to Yoongi, who smiled softly.

"I'm going to tell you all the story of my first friend. My first supporter. My first..."

Her breath briefly caught in her throat.

"...My first love."

- - - - -

"Hoseok!" Jennie yelled, waving at him.

He looked up from the book he was reading, and beamed when he saw her, waving back.

She walked over to his lunch table in the corner, a place away from the normal bustling of the lunch room. Hoseok called it 'the secret table,' since it was hardly ever used, or even seen.

"Okay, I have a great idea for the direction I want our story to go in next for the comic. I was thinking... we need dragons." Hoseok said as soon as Jennie sat down.

"I agree. What's a medieval village without ravaging dragons residing in the nearby mountains?" Jennie said back.

It was a few weeks since they first met in the library. Jennie kept waking up to new texts from him every day, telling her something beautiful about herself. It always made her day better, even when approached with bullies and the constant teasing in the hallways.

Hoseok had become her safe space.

"Are you still good to come to my house after school today?" he asked.

"Definitely. Although I don't remember you telling me why we're suddenly meeting up after school..?" she questioned.

He grinned. "I guess you'll have to wait and see."

Jennie laughed, rolling her eyes.

"It's always these games with you, isn't it?" she said.

"Without games, life wouldn't be as fun, Miss Jennie Kim." he smiled.

"Ah, of course. Silly me."

The rest of the day went by fairly quickly. Excited of the rendezvous Jennie was going to have with him after school, she couldn't even hear the bullies taunt her. His protective barrier of sunshine radiated from her heart, sealing all the bad thoughts away from her mind.

And soon enough, the end of the school day came.

The pair walked side by side out of the building, close enough to almost be touching their hands together. The pleasant spring breeze blew light green leaves and flower petals through the air, bringing color to their surroundings.

Soon enough, the two of them arrived at Hoseok's house, and he stopped in front of the front door, turning around to face Jennie.

"Okay, I need to um... get ready with a few things inside. Do you mind waiting out here for a minute?" he asked, running a hand through his hair nervously.

"Oh, no, I don't mind. Take your time." she responded.

He grinned, and entered his house, closing the door behind him.

She waited patiently outside, wondering what he could possibly be doing. The more time that went by, the more curious she got.

And finally, he reopened the door.

In his hands, he held a beautiful bouquet of roses, and behind him, he set up fake candles and rose petals on the ground.

Jennie was stunned.

"Wh-what's all this?" she asked, blushing furiously.

"Jennie... nobody makes me feel the way I do when I'm around you. W-when I'm with you, I feel brighter. Your smile is all I need to have a good day. W-what I'm trying to say is... um... Ah! This isn't how I planned this to go-"

He groaned, lowering his head before looking back up determined.

"Jennie, I like you!" he declared.

She stared at him, speechless. She tried to open her mouth, but sound wouldn't come out.

"P-please say something!" he said, worry growing in his voice.

"I-I... oh... Hoseok, I..." she stumbled.

He waited for her to continue, closing his eyes tightly.

"O-of course I like you too..." she responded.

He opened his eyes, and the life flowed back into his body. They locked eyes, and he smiled wider than he ever had before.

"Jennie..."

He sighed in relief, and awkwardly ran his fingers through his hair.

"Honestly, I don't think I've ever felt more nervous around you than I did right then..." he admitted.

She giggled. "Why? You're not going to be awkward around me now, are you?"

"Oh, I will 100% be more awkward around you now. I hope you're ready for that. You asked for this." he grinned.

The two of them laughed their nerves away, and attraction soon replaced the awkward silence.

They were both into each other for a while, and Jennie honestly thought he wouldn't be making a move as bold as this one. If anything, she expected him to go about it casually, maybe while they were eating lunch together or walking home.

But of course, Hoseok surprised her again.

As he did, as always.

- - - - -

"So..." Jennie continued, "We started... dating. I think it was towards the end of our freshman year. It seems so long ago now, and we were young, but... we really had a connection. It was awkward at first, of course, and looking back now on his confession, it's quite embarrassing to bring up again... but I really loved it at the time."

Everyone was silent, all attentive to her story.

"For a long time, everything was, well, perfect. We'd be sitting here all day if I went through every little interaction that mattered to me, but basically, we were good for each other. But, of course, I wouldn't be telling this story in the first place unless... something happened."

Yoongi squeezed her hand.

"And when I say something happened..."

She took a breath.

"It still torments me to this day."

- - - - -

Author's Note

If you enjoyed this chapter, let me know by leaving a vote! <3

We made it, guys! Chapter 30!! How are we feeling about Jennie's story so far? Any thoughts of what's coming next? I'm always curious about what you guys are thinking!

Funny enough, this book has changed a LOT from its original concept, I've diverted the story in opposite ways that I originally intended, and sometimes, I'm influenced by the opinions and ideas (specifically the ideas regarding the relationships in this story) that you guys leave me in the comments! Maybe one day in the future if I do a Q&A, I can tell you all how the story has evolved throughout my time writing it. :)

And I'd like to end this off with saying... THANK YOU FOR OVER 10K READS!!!! AHHHHHH!

I'm sitting in SHOCK with how far this story has come with the views! I know I say this a lot, but I still CAN'T BELIEVE IT! Thank you, thank you, thank you! From the bottom of my heart, you guys mean everything to me. I appreciate every read, vote, and comment that's left on my story. It really does mean the world!

Never forget that I love you, and BTS loves you too. :) Have an amazing day everyone!! <333

- alyyisa

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 8.2K 43
"Do you think universe fights for souls to be together? Some things are too strange and strong to be coincidences. My life was full of chaos, the cha...
117K 4.2K 18
((COMPLETED)) You blink and feel a tear run down your cheek. You lean over to Yoongi and take his hand. He faces you again. You pull him into a hug a...
26.8K 959 69
Jungkook texts random numbers everyday out of boredom. One day he gets a text back by Jimin a boy staying in hospital because of his weak heart. Disc...
48.3K 2.7K 87
"We can't be together but I can't lose you too," his once soothing voice sounded pained. "You're right, we can't be together." she agreed as her hea...