heart's desire • randall ca...

By sqturn

heart's desire (n.) the thing or person you most want. (mature language) (undergoing editing) (randall x oc... More

00
01
02
03
04
05
06
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18

07

1K 13 0
By sqturn

this chapter starts about halfway through the fourth episode.

I have been going to Belgrave for a couple weeks, thanks to Jack and Randall who managed to get me a scholarship.

I've been trying to fit in more with everyone.

I've set up my room in the house and I'm becoming good friends with the knights now;

I go hunting with them and spend most of my time with them when I'm not at school or doing homework, which Randall happily helps me with.

"Doesn't last? How 'doesn't last' are we talking about?" I heard as I walked in the den.

"I'm back!" I called out before walking into the living room.

"What doesn't last?" I asked, plonking myself down on the armchair.

"Life." Hamish answered.

"I hear that." I nodded.

"I've been a Knight got eight years. I'm practically geriatric. You hunt enough bad magic, bad magic will end up hunting you." Hamish said.

"Or you get hit by a car. The champions are temporary but the Knights are eternal." Hamish continued.

"And that's enough for you?" Jack asked.

"You ready to try again?" Hamish asked him, dodging his previous question.

Jack downed the rest of his drink then groaned slightly.

Jack was pacing back in front now.

I was sat on the sofa between Randall and Hamish, sitting slightly closer to Randall.

Lilith sat in the armchair next to the sofa.

I took some pretzel sticks from the bowl Randall was holding.

"It's no use." Jack told us.

"Try again." Lilith told him.

"We've been here all night." Jack replied.

"You do it this way or you do it the way I did it; breaking every single bone in my body with a hammer until I transformed and trust me, it's not as fun as it sounds, thankfully I'm a fast healer." I ate some more popcorn.

Jack sighed again.

"Again, we've been here all night." Jack told us.

"Your point?" Lilith asked.

"It's not gonna work. I can't wolf out unless I hear that damn timing. I can't control it." Jack said and I groaned, bored of the current situation.

"It's cause you're throttling down when you should be giving it some gas." Lilith told him.

"Dude, if you don't try I will take you out into the woods some place and leave you until you transform." I pointed and him.

Randall pushes my hand down, subconsciously taking it into his own.

"Don't think of it as losing control. You're gaining control." Randall told him.

"Of what? My homicidal nature?" Jack replied.

"Your strength dumbass." Lilith and I said at the same time.

"Settle." Hamish warned us.

"Just let Silverback out. Accept everything he feels, wants, remembers." Hamish told him.

"You mean accept what I did to Professor Clarke?" Jack asked.

"Moving around and not accepting it will only make you weaker and dumber and intolerable and make me hate you more which will only make me want to kill you more." I told him.

"Your threats aren't helping." Jack told me, giving me a deadpan look.

"Want me to turn them into actions?" I asked him, standing up.

"Down doggy." Randall pulled me back down to the sofa and put his arm around my shoulders.

"Whether you do this or not is up to you. But you have to choose it." Lilith told Jack.

"Okay. Okay, I'm listening." Jack replied.

"Okay. Close your eyes. Feel the itch moving through you." Lilith said, camly.

"Doesn't sound weird at all." I muttered and Randall laughed a little.

"Can you feel it?" Lilith asked, not hearing what I had said.

"Yeah." Jack nodded.

"Okay, chase it. Grab it." Lilith told him.

I was trying to keep myself from laughing.

"Randall said to go with the flow." Jack spoke after he opened his eyes.

"Randall's an idiot." Lilith replied.

"Ah, an idiot who's pre-med." Randall defended himself.

I nodded, patting his arm that was still around my shoulders.

"Look, we all have our own experiences with transforming. Find yours." Hamish told Jack.

"How did you feel when Benson was in danger?" Randall asked.

"Worried. Concerned. I didn't want her to get...hurt." Jack spoke like he was in a trance.

He slowly transformed.

We all sat up and looked at him.

"He did it. He actually did it." I muttered and Randall gave me a side hug.

Jack lasted for a few seconds before changing back.

He picked up his towel and wrapped himself with it.

"Clarke was under some kind of magical control. And I-" Jack started to tell us.

"You saved Benson." Randall told him.

"I killed someone, okay?" Jack shouted.

"You totally covered for this guy." Hamish said, looking at Randall.

"Twice." Lilith added.

"What does it matter? I still turned out to be right." Randall defended himself, removing his arm from my shoulders.

"How long was I turned?" Jack asked us.

"Not long. About three seconds." I replied.

"At least he's made it to full wolf this time." Randall pointed out.

"Yeah, but he'll never hold the wolf unless he quits wallowing in his guilt." Lilith told us.

"She's right. You have to trust Silverback." I told Jack.

"You keep saying that like it's separate from me." Jack replied.

"It is." Randall told him.

"And it isn't." Hamish added.

"Totally cleared that up." Jack started to put his clothes back on.

"Its like Schrödinger's cat." I said and Jack gave me a confused look.

"You don't know what Schrödinger's cat is?" I asked him and he shook his head.

"Thought he was meant to be smart." I muttered.

"Thanks for turning me into a murderer." Jack said as he walked out.

"What a shit show. It's a total waste of time." Lilith said, walking over to the mini bar.

"I'm starting to think Lilith's right." Hamish stood up and joined her.

"Guys. He's Silverback." Randall told us.

"He's also in The Order." Hamish replied.

"Maybe that's why Silverback chose him." Randall spoke again.

I stood up and walked over to the door.

"Where are you going?" Lilith asked.

"Out to think." I replied.

"I'll come." She told me.

"Okay." I smiled, glad to have some girl time.

She joined me and we both walked out.

I winced slightly as my head started to burn slightly.

"You okay?" She asked.

"Yeah, I've just been getting migraines for like the past week or so." I replied as we walked into the woods.

"That's not fun." She replied and we both laughed a little.

"You don't need to tell me twice." I agreed.

I heard a growl, making me spin round.

"Did you hear that?" I asked, stopping.

"Hear what?" Lilith stopped and looked at me.

"The growl?" I looked at her.

She shook her head.

"Are you sure you're okay?" She asked, walking closer to me.

"Yeah, I'm probably just hearing things." I shook my head and we started walking again.

Lilith and I were out for most of the night just walking and talking.

We headed home then went to bed.

The boys were already asleep when we had got back and I had fallen asleep pretty quickly.

"Fuck!" I woke up suddenly.

My head was burning again but even more then last time.

There was a faint ringing but not the magical ringing more of a feedback ringing.

Everything was kinda blurry and hard to look at.

I got out of bed to go down stairs and get a painkiller.

I made it to the top of the stairs but nothing had changed.

I started to make my way downstairs but my vision went completely and I started to black out.

"Dylan!" Was the last thing I heard before blacking our completely.

"I know who's preforming this magic." Jack said, walking in.

I was lying on the sofa while Hamish stared out the window and Randall tied his shoe.

"Sshh." I told him, pressing the ice pack harder to my head.

"Gabrielle Dupres and Brandon Caruthers." Randall spoke, quieter then Jack had.

"How did you-" Jack started to ask.

"I saw you talking to them, and they both got into The Order. Do you really think I wouldn't figure that out?" Randall asked him as Hamish walked over to them.

"Yeah, thanks for the heads up." Lilith said, walking down the stairs.

"You can't kill them." Jack told them as they started to walk to the door.

"We can if we hurry." Lilith replied.

"Look, just let me talk to them first. You at least owe me that much." Jack told them, blocking the door.

Hamish grabbed him by the throat and pushed him against the door.

"Everything bad that has happened up until now is because you haven't listened to a word we've said. We don't owe you anything. You understand?" Hamish asked him.

"Yes." Jack replied while trying to breathe.

Hamish let go off him.

"We can stop the magic. Without killing anyone." Jack told them.

"How?" Hamish asked.

"I didn't eat Clarke's heart when I killed him. So the magic targeting Benson, it kept going. It found a new path to her." Jack explained.

"The person driving the car." Randall spoke.

"Exactly. But the magic started to wear out. It wasn't...It was less effective, that's why Benson wasn't killed." Jack told them.

"We can wear a spell down, render it harmless." Randall said.

"I heard him." Hamish told Randall.

"That's great, when we know the target." Lilith spoke up.

"I can find out. Just let me talk to Gabrielle and Brandon. This will work." Jack insisted.

"Says the expert." Lilith responded.

"If it doesn't...go ahead and kill me." Jack offered.

"Sounds fair to me." I chimed in from the sofa.

"All right, Jack. What's your plan?" Hamish asked.

Jack had told us him plan and we had all agreed.

"I didn't actually ask...what's wrong with you?" Jack asked me.

"Everything." I replied with a sigh.

"She had some sort of episode or something last night." Lilith explained.

"Descriptive." I laughed a little, dumping the now warm ice pack on the table.

"We don't know what it was." Hamish spoke.

I knew what it was but I didn't want it to be that so I wouldn't accept it.

I know we were saying that Jack just needs accept the killing he did but this is completely different.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.1K 130 11
I personally love this series and think it's underrated I can and will do Girl x Girl, Girl x Boy, Non-binary and all that. I can write smut, but onl...
143K 1.2K 14
mortals meet demigods it's pretty self explanatory [COMPLETED] there's a lil bit of 'strong language' once u get to like the hazel or nico oneshots...
269K 8.6K 41
𝙥𝙪𝙗𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙝𝙚𝙙 𝙤𝙣: 𝗳𝗲𝗯𝗿𝘂𝗮𝗿𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗵, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯 ˏˋ°•*⇢ ɪᴛꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜱᴡᴇᴇᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ ᴡᴇ ᴅᴏɴᴛ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴀʏ...
55.5K 1.4K 20
●Book 1 in the 'Heaven' series● Before Jack Morton ever attended Belgrave University, The Knights of Saint Christoper and The Hermetic Order Of The B...