The Irony Of Fate

By NeetaHalai

Hate and Love are two such powerful emotions, but can they ever coexist? Since childhood, Khushi has loved Ar... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
EPILOGUE

Part 21

5.2K 236 16
By NeetaHalai

6 months later.

Khushi was seated on the sofa, busy switching through channels, Tara was sitting beside her staring at her phone and smiling like idiot.

"I know you had this weird rule of not wanting to tell me a lot of details about your life but I need to know who this person is that's making you smile continuously." Khushi said as she looked at her curiously.

When Tara moved in, she told Khushi never to ask her anything regarding her personal life, she said she dint like talking about it or telling anyone things about her life, she never really gave an actual reason but it was obvious she had some reason behind it.

So in exchange Khushi also decided never to discuss her personal life or anything with her. They lived in the same house but dint know much about each other, like where they worked or what work they did, anything about each other's parents or partners, and a lot more stuff.

"Well you are right, we have become quite good friends in the past six months so I can tell you a bit. There's this guy I met a while ago, he seems nice and we've been talking, as friends of course and have met a couple of times too, now he wants for us to go for dinner, I don't really know if it's just a dinner that friends have together or a date." Tara said.

"How about you go for the dinner and find out, according to how it turns out, you'll know if it was just dinner or date."

"Well that's the only thing I can do I guess. So now that I've told you something about myself, how about you give me details about your boyfriend too?" Tina smirked.

"I don't have a boyfriend." Khushi laughed.

"Really? That's really strange, a beautiful girl like you being single. What is wrong with men?" She laughed, Khushi just laughed along not wanting to think about the things that had happened in her life in the past. But now that the topic was brought up, all the memories came back.

"Excuse me." She said as she stood up and headed to her room, she locked herself inside and lied down on her bed, trying to think about every random stuff but it wasn't that easy.

The past haunted her, really badly. She wished she could change it, she wished things had been different than they were but they weren't, and whose fault was this? Her mother's!

Until six months ago, she loved her mother like she always had, she thought she was the most amazing woman ever and then everything changed when she went to visit her father.

Flashbacks.

"Khushi." He dad smiled happily as he walked towards her and held her into his arms tightly.

"I missed you dad." She hugged him back tightly trying to control her tears, she dint want to stress him up, he was getting old, he had his own problems, she dint want to burden him with hers.

"Can I ask you a question dad?" Khushi asked as she broke the hug."

"Sure, anything." He settled down on the sofa as Khushi sat down beside him.

"Why did you send me to live with your sister?" She asked. As soon as she asked the question, he moved uncomfortably on the sofa, he seemed nervous like she had asked him something wrong.

"I just wanted you to get better upbringing."

"And why did you think she could do it better than my own parents? Dad you don't have to keep the truth from me anymore. I know half of it, I just need to know the whole truth from the only person I can trust blindly and that is you.

You sent me there and you were the only one that visited me, mum never came and even after I came back here, she wasn't around. I never asked because I dint want to stress you up but I need to know dad. I am a grown up, I can handle it." Khushi looked at him pleadingly.

"I don't want to take away your innocence Khushi."

"It's already gone dad! I don't think I am innocent anymore, and I don't want to be if being innocent means people can treat you like crap. I am so done with it.

Being innocent might be good and I think that's what you and aunty wanted for me, but why did you forget that the world out here isn't for innocent people like me, because we get stepped on every now and then.

Instead you should have taught me how to be stronger, how to stand up for myself and fight for myself, I had to learn it all on my own. Now you at least owe me the truth, please dad." Khushi begged him.

"Okay. I will tell you the truth. But why are you saying all this and asking all this questions all over a sudden? Is everything okay Khushi?" he looked at her worriedly.

"No dad, nothing is okay. I dint know how to tell you this before but if I want you to tell me the truth I'll have to tell you my truth also.

Arnav... Arnav and I separated. We aren't together anymore. In short words, we're divorced. Please don't ask me why or how we got there, maybe it was never meant to happen.

And look dad, you don't have to worry about me, I am fine, I have got a small business, it's going really well and I'm also earning so much, I even have my own apartment and if you like you can come live with me, I would like it too. I am happy but for me to be fully happy, I need to know the truth that has been kept from me all this years."

"Okay if you don't want me to ask questions I won't. But are you really happy Khushi? All I want is for you to be okay and happy."

"Yes dad, I am happy." She smiled.

"Okay. You know I always wanted the best for you so please forgive me if I ever took decisions to hurt you, that was never my intention.

Years back, everything was going great, I mean I did somehow have an idea that your mother was up to something but I never really knew what it was until one day I caught her with my own best friend in our bedroom.

She was having an affair behind my back, and it wasn't just with him, she was basically selling herself out there to so many other men in exchange for money, valuable gifts and stuff.

And with that, I also found out what she was doing to you. Every night she would go out and she would take you along saying you would get bored at home alone and she never wanted to leave you alone, for the first few days I thought she was just taking you out to eat or something, then it became a lot and I started doubting things.

So I followed her and I found out that she was trying to put you in the business she was. I was horrified, you were just my little girl, so innocent, so pure and she was putting you out to the world, trying to sell you to men telling them that once you turn eighteen you would sleep with them just like she was.

She never let you get the idea of what she was doing though because she dint want you to ever tell me about it. She had a perfect plan, wait for you to grow up, push you into that business and with time you'd just become like her.

I was disgusted when I found out what she was slowly starting to do to you and I couldn't take any more risks, I immediately talked to my sister and asked her if she would take care of you and she agreed. She was more than strict to you because she knew what your mother did and she just wanted to keep you away from it.

I know I couldn't really give you a better childhood Khushi, but at least I saved you from the worst. I then divorced her and made sure she never visited you or tried to contact you in any way possible. I am sorry I know you never wanted to go live with your aunt, but I couldn't risk keeping you with me, I would be working half the time and I wouldn't have known how and when she would have tried to get to you." He looked at her sadly.

"She did manage to contact me dad." Khushi said.

"What? When? How?"

"One night, aunty had to urgently go to the village for some reason so she locked me inside the house and warned me not to leave until I was back. That night, she broke in and she took me with her. I hadn't seen her for ages dad, I just wanted to spend time with her.

She made me promise never to tell you anything regarding this or anyone so I didn't. How should I have known what she was up to because you never told me a thing?"

"Oh My God. What did she do? Did she harm you in any way? Did she force you for anything?" Dad looked at me worriedly.

"No... we were just driving back here and in the car she asked me if I had a boyfriend or I liked anyone, and I told her about my feelings for Arnav. So she said she would take me to see him.

Then I remember we went to the mansion and she took me to visit him, but instead she took me to his dad's room. They offered me some juice and then I heard them talk about something which soon turned into an argument, I don't really remember what it was about, I was all blurry and somehow I fell asleep.

As soon as I woke up, mom was gone, Arnav's dad was sleeping on his bed, I was terrified, why would she leave me here all alone? So I quickly sneaked out, gladly I had some money so I got a taxi and headed back to aunt's place.

When she came back she never really knew that I had left or anything, she thought I had been in the house the entire time and I dint tell her about it, I thought she might get mad at me or something."

"Oh God Khushi. Did anything else happen that night?" Dad asked worriedly.

"Yes dad. Arnav saw me sneaking out of his father's room. He thought just like mom, I too was sleeping with his father." Khushi broke down into tears.

"Is that why you ended your marriage?"

"Yes dad. I don't think a marriage would ever work without trust, and Arnav dint have any of that on me. He believed what he saw, he dint even try to ask me on my side of story and I dint think I wanted to tell him if he dint even bother to find out.

I guess some love stories are left to be one sided only, I don't know if this love that I have for him will ever fade, but I do know that I couldn't live with him after the way he treated me just because he thought I slept with his father. He should have at least asked me on my side of story instead of just believing things."

"I am so sorry Khushi, I somehow put you in this mess. I am really sorry." Shashi apologized as he pulled her into a tight hug once again.

Flashback Ends

"Khushi. Are you okay?" She heard Tara knock at the door of her room.

"Yeah, I am fine, do you want something?" she asked.

"No, I was just leaving for the dinner so I wanted to inform you, I'll come back late."

"Okay, have fun." she heard Tara's footsteps as she walked away and just after five minutes of her leaving, she heard her doorbell ring.

She washed her face quickly and rushed to open then door, as soon as she opened it, she found Rohan standing there.

"Rohan. Wow, what a pleasant surprise." Khushi smiled.

"Yeah, I thought I'd finally pay you a visit and meet the new roommate you found and also take you out for dinner if you weren't busy. I just dint want to eat at home today and I don't really have much friends, you're my only friend." He pouted.

"Too bad, my roommate just left a while ago. You could have met her if you visited me more often, I mean since I moved in, this is the first time you've come here." Khushi said as she walked in and Rohan followed her.

"What can I say, I am a busy man. So are you coming for dinner?"

"Sure, just let me get dressed." She smiled as she headed to her room to get dressed. It dint take her much time, she just had to pick out a dress, put it on, comb her hair and apply lipstick and she was ready to go.

In ten minutes she walked back to the hall, where Rohan was waiting for her.

"Ready. Let's go." Khushi smiled. Rohan stood up as they both headed out to have dinner.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74K 2.7K 5
Khushi loved him with all her heart but her love was mistaken, misjudged by him. Shattered and heart broken she left everything behind. Arnav is left...
263K 7.8K 26
After seeing them leaving to Paris.. He was totally broken.. He didn't return back to Raizada Mansion but drove to his Apartment.. He slammed the apa...
4.7K 346 19
Khushi Gupta always was in love with Arnav Singh Raizada. since they were a little kids. But he always saw her as a annoying pest. Happy, bubbly Khus...
105K 6.2K 26
Their marriage was arranged She hated him with her very being He loved her more than his life even before she knew about him Their life turned upside...