๐‘ฏ๐’๐’“๐’๐’” ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐‘บ๐’˜๐’๐’“๐’…๏ฟฝ...

By FandomQueen696

"๐‘ป๐’‰๐’†๐’š ๐’”๐’•๐’๐’๐’… ๐’˜๐’‰๐’†๐’“๐’† ๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’š ๐’”๐’•๐’๐’๐’… ๐’ƒ๐’š ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’‘๐’๐’˜๐’†๐’“ ๐’๐’‡ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’”๐’˜๐’๐’“๐’…" "Thread ca... More

๐‘ฏ๐’๐’“๐’๐’” ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐‘บ๐’˜๐’๐’“๐’…๐’”
๐‘ช๐’‚๐’”๐’•
๐‘จ๐’†๐’”๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’•๐’Š๐’„
๐‘ท๐’๐’‚๐’š๐’๐’Š๐’”๐’•
๐‘ฌ๐’‘๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’“๐’‚๐’‘๐’‰
๐‘จ๐’„๐’• ๐‘ฐ.
๐‘ท๐’“๐’๐’๐’๐’ˆ๐’–๐’†
๐‘ถ๐’๐’†.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’.
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’“๐’†๐’†.
๐‘ญ๐’๐’–๐’“.
๐‘ญ๐’Š๐’—๐’†.
๐‘บ๐’Š๐’™.
๐‘บ๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’.
๐‘ฌ๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’•.
๐‘ต๐’Š๐’๐’†.
๐‘ป๐’†๐’.
๐‘ฌ๐’๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’—๐’†.
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’Š๐’“๐’•๐’†๐’†๐’
๐‘ญ๐’๐’–๐’“๐’•๐’†๐’†๐’.
๐‘ญ๐’Š๐’‡๐’•๐’†๐’†๐’.
๐‘บ๐’Š๐’™๐’•๐’†๐’†๐’.
๐‘บ๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’๐’•๐’†๐’†๐’.
๐‘จ๐’„๐’• ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฐ.
๐‘ฌ๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’•๐’†๐’†๐’.
๐‘ต๐’Š๐’๐’†๐’•๐’†๐’†๐’.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐‘ถ๐’๐’†.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐‘ป๐’˜๐’.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐‘ป๐’‰๐’“๐’†๐’†.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐‘ญ๐’๐’–๐’“.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐‘ญ๐’Š๐’—๐’†.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐‘บ๐’Š๐’™.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐‘ฌ๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’•.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐‘ต๐’Š๐’๐’†.
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’Š๐’“๐’•๐’š.
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’Š๐’“๐’•๐’š ๐‘ถ๐’๐’†.
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’Š๐’“๐’•๐’š ๐‘ป๐’˜๐’.
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’Š๐’“๐’•๐’š ๐‘ป๐’‰๐’“๐’†๐’†.
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’Š๐’“๐’•๐’š ๐‘ญ๐’๐’–๐’“.
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’Š๐’“๐’•๐’š ๐‘ญ๐’Š๐’—๐’†.
Authors Note

๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐‘บ๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’.

11.3K 507 626
By FandomQueen696

I 027. I

𝑯𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑺𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔

❝ the heat will kill you ❞

IT WAS OFFICIAL; SHE HATED THE OCEAN. The blow came as a shock to no one but Percy, who was utterly offended by her statement. He then proceeded to give her glares every now and then, and if she even drank the tiniest bit of water, he complained ( "That water probably flowed from the ocean, I thought you said you didn't like it, anyways." ).

Clarisse was a whole other story. The amount of times they fought in the one day on the boat together was high— Annabeth has tallied it to thirty times. And at least five of those almost turned physical, but Percy and dragged her away before she had the chance to punch the Ares girl.

Another thing, Clarisse had dead confederate soldiers running her ship. Yeah, confederate. They liked Annabeth because they told her she was from the South ( Virginia ). At first they liked Percy because his last name was Jackson— like the Southern general— but he made the mistake of telling them he was from New York. They muttered about Yankees under their breaths anytime he was around.

But the person who got the worst hate was Ariadne. Most of the soldiers were still racially prejudice. Despite Clarisse's orders to not make any derogatory comments about it, they did behind her back. Percy gave them glares anytime someone even glanced her way, threatening them with Riptide. Ariadne knew the history and she defended her high melanin levels, threatening to fight each and every single one of them with her bare hands ( "You're basically zombies, I can take you!" ).

Dinner was tense. They didn't have their appetites because it wasn't exactly a willing choice to be spending dinner on an old war ship with Clarisse and dead soldiers.

"You are in so much trouble," Clarisse finally told them.

Ariadne and Percy shared a glance— yes, they assumed they would be in heaps of trouble.

"Tantalus expelled you for eternity," she said before getting all smug. "Mr. D said if any of you show your face at Camp again, he'll turn you into squirrels and run you over with his SUV." The girl lost her smug expression before turning to the brunette, "Well, they are expelled." Motioning to her other three friends. "Tantalus fried expelling you but Mr. D said that was a no."

At least her father stood up for her.

"Did they give you this ship?" Percy asked.

"Course not. My father did."

"Ares?"

Clarisse let a scowl cross her face, "You think your daddy is the only one with sea power? The spirits on the losing side of every war owe a tribute to Ares. That's their curse for being defeated. I prayed to my father for the naval transport and here it is. These guys will do anything I tell them. Won't you, Captain?"

The captain stood stiffly with an angry gaze at Ariadne and Percy. "If it means an end to this infernal war, ma'am, peace at last, we'll do anything. Destroy anyone."

"Destroy anyone," Clarisse repeated with a smirk. "I like that."

Tyson swallowed nervously.

"Clarisse," Annabeth said. "Luke might be after the Fleece, too. We saw him. He's got the coordinates and he's heading south. He has a cruise ship full of monsters—"

"Good! I'll blow him out of the water!"

"No!" Ariadne disagrees quickly. "Clarisse, you don't understand. We have to combine forces. Let us help you—"

She pounded her fist onto the table. "No! This is my quest! Finally, I get to be the hero, and you three will not steal my chance."

"Where are your cabin mates?" Percy looked around, "You were allowed to take two friends with you, weren't you?"

"They didn't... I let them stay behind. To protect camp."

"You mean even the people in your own cabin wouldn't help you?"

"Shut up, Prissy! I don't need them! Or you!"

Clarisse," Percy told her. "Tantalus is using you. He doesn't care about the camp. He'd love to see it destroyed. He's setting you up to fail."

"No! I don't care what the Oracle—"

"What?" The brunette leaned forward. "What did the Oracle tell you?"

"Nothing," Clarisse gave her a glare. "All you need to know is that I'm finishing this quest and you're not helping. On the other hand, I can't let you go..."

"So we're prisoners?" Annabeth asked.

"Guests. For now," Clarisse put her feet on top of the white table cloth, picking up another can of Dr. Pepper and opening it. "Captain, take them below. Assign them hammocks on the berth deck. If they don't mind their manners, show them how we deal with enemy spies."

***

ANNABETH WOULDN'T SPEAK WITH HER. The blonde wouldn't even look her in the eyes, only laying the opposite way in her hammock. No matter how hard the brunette tried, she couldn't get her best friend to look at her.

Of course she had no idea what she had done. It wasn't everyday that Annabeth wouldn't talk with her. Actually, that had never happened before. The two were like sisters and it was really breaking Ariadne's heart.

Both were rooming together under the ship as their hammocks swayed with the boat. She couldn't sleep and wasn't planning on it, not until her friend talked to her or gave a reason for ignoring her. But Annabeth was stubborn, and it would take a lot of prodding and annoying to get her to talk.

Ariadne hated being left in her thoughts. It was like being trapped in a metal cage of anger, frustration and confusion. Her own personal punishment for being, well, her. Everything she could have done differently or should have done differently rattles her brain every so often.

The girl wasn't great with serious emotions because of her ADHD. She couldn't wrap her head around the idea that Luke would poison Thalia's tree and betray them like that. Thalia has saved them all that night, and if it weren't for the pine tree, there wouldn't be a magical barrier around camp.

She knew Annabeth was talking the betrayal the worst. It was a given, seeing as she was on the run with the blond boy. But Annabeth wasn't great at communicating her feelings, deciding it was better to carry the burden herself. The blonde was full of strategies and plans but had none when dealing with emotions and feelings.

It was a shame they weren't talking, or hadn't been talking since the quest began. But the brunette didn't understand, and she definitely, definitely wanted to. So she decided to be brave and answer all her questions.

"Annie," she whispered. "Are you awake?" Annabeth stirred slightly, shifting before she was sitting up and looking at the purple-eyes girl. A smile was on the girl's face, "How are you?"

The blonde raised her eyebrows before looking at her hands, letting them clasp together. "Fine," she said shortly. This made Ariadne frown but she tried again.

"How are you handling the whole Luke thing— you know, with your feelings and stuff."

"Fine."

A sigh escaped her lips, "Look— I'm not good at this. But you're my best friend, Annie, and I don't want to lose you. So please, for once, open up to me."

Annabeth hesitated, "I-" she glanced up. "I'm fine."

"But you're not!" Ariadne snapped. "You're not and frankly, neither am I. I know Luke meant a lot to you, I know. But you can trust me Annie, you can, really. We both were close with him. But if you don't tell me anything than I'm going to feel so much worse, so please, tell me."

There was a long pause of silence, and it was killing her. Annabeth just stared straight ahead and her grey eyes seemed foggy with memories and thoughts. She opened her mouth, "He left us," she whispered. "He left us so easily, and he betrayed us. You, me, Thalia. I-I'm doing fine, there's no need to worry."

"Annie—"

"Aria. I'm fine." Her eyes went cold, "And besides, we're going to catch Luke and stop him. That's all I'm focused on— and you should be the same too."

That was it. That was all she said before the blonde shut her mouth and went to sleep, her back facing the brunette.

Ariadne let the tears stung her eyes, allowing her to feel a small bit of the pain she was feeling in the inside. It hurt, it really did. Everything about this was ruining her and she didn't know what to do. Between Luke and Thalia's tree, it was never ending, and she just wanted it to end.

Her heart felt like it was tearing itself in two. The tears fell down her face and she was crying for the second time on the quest. She couldn't breathe, she couldn't let her body move or else she was afraid it would fall to the floor and stay there.

Sleep was out of the question and she closed her eyes tight, wanting the tears to stop moving. Her hands clenched into fists before she opened her eyes once more, but this time, she was on a group of rocks surrounded by salty seas splashing among them.

The girl panicked, looking for the boat in fear she was left. But her heart calmed down once she saw a women standing on a tall rock, gazing out at the grey skies.

Only when she was climbing the rocks did she realize how cold it was, her body shaking. She made it up and painted slightly, hands on her knees before she stood up straight and cautiously walked towards the women.

"Hello, Ariadne," the women said softly. "It's been a while."

She tilted her head, "I don't know you, am I supposed to?"

A chuckle escaped the women's lips, "Of course not, but you've seen me around. Many, many times in your life."

"What does that mean?" She asked nervously. Her fingers inched closer and closer to her ring, waiting for the right time to grab Lunacy.

"There's no need for your sword, sweet child. I only wish to properly talk with you."

"What does that mean?" She asked once more.

The women turned around and she was met with the most beautiful women she had ever seen in her life. Her jet black hair was long and smooth, her eyes were a gorgeous brown color which reminder her of hot chocolate. The women wore a light pink chiton with small white embellishments, topped with some gladiator sandals. She looked of Chinese descent.

"It means," she told her, "I think it's tome you knew the truth, Ariadne Aidan Phoenix."

The way she said her middle name, it gave her the same feeling as when Percy said it: Butterflies. "Who are you?"

"Think. I'll give you a minute."

A sweet smell of grapes and lavender wafted off of her and she realized who it was, the girl immediately let her eyes widen. "I'm sorry I didn't recognize you, Lady Aphrodite."

There was a small laugh, "You don't need to call me that. How about, 'Dite?" She nodded before gulping, it wasn't everyday you talk with a goddess in your dreams. "I have missed watching you, sweet child, it was my favorite pastime."

"You-you watched me?"

"Of course, well, with the Prophecy and all."

"What Prophecy?"

Aphrodite cursed slightly, "You don't know it? I would've expected Chiron to inform you last year once Percy made it to camp. But alas, it has been rather enjoyable watching you two fumble around with your feelings."

Ariadne was majorly confused. "Why is Percy involves in this?"

"Oh, sweet child. Think about that question, and answer it yourself."

She did. Why was Aphrodite talking to her when it dealt with Percy as well? We're the gods sending them both on another quest? She would cry if that was the case, a quest a year is enough for her. No, that wasn't it. Aphrodite, goddess of beauty and... love. Her and Percy. Percy and... her?

"Oh no," she whispered.

Aphrodite grinned, "Oh yes. You see, sweet child, you and Percy are destined for great things on your own. But together," she whistled, "you two are made for amazing things."

"But, Percy?" She questioned. "Why him?"

"I'm assuming you remember the tale of Theseus?" She nodded. "Well, originally, your namesake and him were meant to fall in love, but at the time, my mind was... elsewhere." she said wistfully. "I didn't do a great job and she was left on that island all alone, until your father found her. But I was granted a last chance to redeem myself, you and Perseus Jackson."

Ariadne blinked a few times. "So... I'm meant to fall in love with him?" Aphrodite nodded excitedly. "No. Wait, him?"

"Yes, isn't it exciting?"

"Uh, not really," she replied carelessly. Aphrodites grin vanished but she quickly recovered, "It's not you, La— 'Dite. It's more or so... him."

Aphrodite shrugged, "Its easy. You like him, do you not?"

"Not in that way." But her cheeks flushed and butterflies swarmed her stomach once she noticed the goddess's eyes. Sea-green.

"What color are my eyes, sweet child?"

Ariadne lied. "Uh, light green?"

"Lie." The goddess could read her mind, a perk for her. She sighed heavily before looking out at the salty sea which crashed against the rocks, her heart itching to see Percy for an odd reason. "It's not odd, Ariadne," the goddess spoke softly. "It's meant to be. You all are fated for one another, well you like it or not."

"We're your redemption? What if he doesn't fall in love with me, what if I don't?"

"You will," a hand was placed on her shoulder. "You must not speak of this to him, time will allow his questions to be answered." Ariadne opened her mouth but a look shut it. "And yours, as well."

Ariadne nodded before a hand placed itself onto her cheek, she felt tingly inside as her veins flowed with a light pink under her skin. "What was that?"

"My blessing. Anytime Perseus Jackson looks upon you from now on, it will be with butterflies, looking as if you are the only stars in the sky. But, it's not like that wasn't how it was before." The girl blushed as the women let out a laugh. "Now, it's time you wake, sweet child."

Her body glowed a faint pink before starting to dissolve, the girl watching as she was vanishing. "We will me again, Ariadne Phoenix." And with that, she was gone.

The girl was left all alone until the rocks cracked, the sea seeming to part for her as the ground seemed to lower. She stepped off the rocks before taking a hesitant step through then now parted sea, and once she did, she felt salty sea water splash her.

Ariadne opened her eyes and found herself upstairs and on the deck of the ship as the sun was rising. She must've sleep walked during her weird dream. Speaking of the dream, she still felt tingly from Aphrodite's blessing.

She was surprised by a voice behind her. "What are you doing up here, Grape Face?" Clarisse stood behind her with her arms crossed, a suspicious glare upon her face. "You're not trying to take over my quest, right?"

"No," the brunette shook her head. "It's yours." Both of them awkwardly looked around the ship as sunlight grazed their bodies, a faint glow surrounding the necklace around her neck. "Clarisse, I wanted to thank you."

"For what?"

"For saving us." She sighed, "I know we aren't the best of friends, but, in the end you didn't have to save us or let us board your ship. But you did. So, thank you."

Clarisse snuffed before smirking, "I'll only except it if you say I'm a better leader and warrior than you."

Ariadne narrowed her eyes, "No."

"Fine then, thank you: denied."

"Clarisse..."

"Say it, Grape Face."

"Fine!" She grit her teeth. "I, Ariadne Phoenix, day that you, Clarisse La Rue, are a better leader and warrior. I can't believe I just said that."

Clarisse let her arms drop before swiveling around, "I do, 'cause it's true." She walked away and towards the dead soldiers which were busy watching the seas, "Hey, Rat bag! There's no dilly-dallying on my ship! Get to work!"

Ariadne shook her head before glancing back at the sea and feeling slightly sick. Her head swiveled before looking at the wooden deck and rubbing her eyes, letting them look at her gold ring until someone else showed up.

***

SOLDIERS RUSHED AROUND THEM AS THEY STARED OUT AT THE SEA. She stood between Annabeth and Percy, Tyson on Percy's right and Clarisse on the blonde's left. Her hands gripped the side of the boat tightly as the humid steam hung over their heads.

She could make out fuzzy blotches in the distance, which made her nervous. The girl felt eyes on her and turned her head, noticing Percy glancing away from her face with a slight blush. The girl seemed to forget her dream and shrugged, focusing back onto the objects in the distance.

"At last!" Clarisse cheered. "Captain, full steam ahead!"

A groaning noise sounded below their feet, the engine producing the noise. Tyson glanced around with his one eye as he was seemingly nervous. "To much strain on the pistons," he muttered. "Not meant for deep water."

Ariadne and Percy glanced at one another with confusion— neither understanding what he meant. Butterflies are colored in both of their stomachs as they looked away quickly, the tips of their ears growing pink.

The blotches became clearer as minutes passed. On the north side, out of the sea were cliffs clustered into islands. If one piece even broke off, the ship was going under. Along the south side was a storm brewing a mile out. Winds churned dangerously as the sea boiled within the clouds.

"Hurricane?" Annabeth asked.

"No," Clarisse said. "Charybdis."

Ariadne felt her heart leap form her chest, face pale. "Are you crazy?"

"Only way into the Sea of Monsters. Straight between Charybdis and her sister Scylla." Clarisse pointed towards the cliff tops.

"What do you mean the only way?" Percy gave her a frown. "The sea is wide open! Just sail around them."

The daughter of Ares gave him an eye roll, "Don't you know anything? If I tried to sail around them, they would just appear in my path again. If you want to get into the Sea of Monsters, you have to sail through them."

"What about the Clashing Rocks?" Annabeth proposed. "Jason sailed right through that to get to the Sea of Monsters."

"I can't blow apart rocks with my cannons," Clarisse told her. "Monsters, on the other hand..."

"You are crazy and stupid if you think this will work," Ariadne said. Her hands clenched around the side of the ship tighter, knuckles turning white.

"Watch and learn, Grape Face," the daughter of Ares looked at the captain. "Set course for Charybdis!"

"Aye, m'lady

Tyson whined as the ship picked up speed and the engine roared even louder. Metal on metal was loud below deck.

"Clarisse," Percy started, "Charybdis sucks up the sea. Isn't that the story?"

"And spits it back out again, yeah."

"What about Scylla?"

"She lives in a cave, up on those cliffs. If we get too close, her snaky heads will come down and start plucking sailors off the ship."

"Choose Scylla then," Percy told her. "Everybody goes below deck and we chug right past."

"No!" Clarisse disagrees. "If Scylla doesn't get her easy meat, she'll pick up the whole ship. Besides, she's too high to make a good target. My cannon can't shoot straight up. Charybdis just sits there at the center of the whirlpool. We're going to steam straight towards her, train our guns on her, and blow her to Tartarus!"

She spoke so confidently and seemed to relish in the idea, it almost convinced the Dionysus girl. Almost.

Her eyes looked up at the Ares flag whipping violently in the winds, smoke surrounding it as the floors heated up. She heard Charybdis screeching louder and louder as they neared, sounding as if it was telling them all to go to Tartarus. Anytime she inhaled the ship was sent forward, forcing her to hold onto Percy's hand and the side of the ship for stability. The water was forced back once she exalted which sent them into tall waves.

"I hate this," her eyes squeezed shut. "I really, really, really hate this."

"You still have your Flask full of wind?" Annabeth asked Percy over the raging winds.

He gave her a nod, "But it's too dangerous to use with a whirlpool like that! More wind might just make things worse!"

"What about controlling the water? You're Poseidon's son, you've done it before?!"

The son of Poseidon closed his eyes, attempted to concentrate, but nothing happened. "I-I can't," he told her.

"We need a backup plan," Annabeth warned them. "This isn't going to work."

"Annabeth's right," Tyson told them. "Engine's no good."

"What do you mean?"

"Pressure. Pistons need fixing."

Charybdis inhales with a deep roar, sending the boat forward as people screamed. Ariadne felt her hand leave the side of the ship, she was catapulted over the edge and falling towards the water.

Percy gripped her hand tightly as he struggled, "Hold on!"

She gave him a glare despite smacking against the side of the ship in the winds. "Wasn't planning on letting go!"

Annabeth reaches for her other hand and together, her and Percy hailed their friend back on the deck. She painted while laying on the ground until the boy picked her up, letting her stand right next to him, keeping a grip on her hand. She squeezed it tighter while watching the waves push them up.

Percy could see the fear in her eyes and pulled her closer. His sea-green eyes watched the water with a mighty glare, seeming to dare the monster to hurt the girl.

"Full reverse!" Clarisse shouted at her soldiers. Waves crashed along the deck and went people flying and skidding across it. "Get us within firing range! Make ready starboard cannons."

The two demigods held on tighter to one another as water crashed over the side of the ship. She hid behind Percy when a wave was sent towards them, leaving her soaked and him dry.

"Can you not ask your father to do something?" She asked him.

Percy gave her a glance, "I'm not sure he can."

"Of course he can, he's the god of the sea. And if you couldn't tell, we're in the middle of the ocean!" He gave her a glare before pulling the away from another wave.

Soldiers rushed backs and forth while they scrambled to do their jobs. The propeller moves in reverse, slowing the ship the best it could. But it did no use, they were heading straight into the center of the whirlpool. A sailor burst out of a door and ran to Clarisse, "Boiler room is overheating, ma'am! She's going to blow!"

"Well, get down there and fix it!"

Clarisse gave him an angry look. "All I need is a few more minutes! Just enough to get in range!"

"We're going too fast," the captain told them with a grim expression. "Prepare yourself for death."

"No!" Tyson shouted. "I can fix it!"

The daughter of Ares gave him with incredulous eyes. "You?"

"He's a Cyclops," Annabeth informed her. "He's immune to fire. And he knows mechanics."

"Go!" Clarisse yelled.

Percy looked to Tyson and grabbed his arm, "Tyson, no! It's too dangerous!"

The Cyclops patted his hand. "Only way, brother," the boy let his one eye narrow. "I will fix it. Be right back."

"No, wait—!" Percy made a move to run after him but the brunette pulled him back, keeping a good grip on his arm. "Tyson!" He struggled against her but stopped, once they caught sight of Charybdis.

She was swirling with mist and water, only a few meters away. Sea water funneled into her mouth: slimy lips with teeth the size of lifeboats covered in what looked like moss. Schools of fish, sharks, and even a giant squid were sucked down her mouth which looked like a void of pitch black— and they were next.

Lady Clarisse," the captain cried. "Starboard and forward guns are in range!"

"Fire!" Clarisse ordered.

Rounds were blasted towards the monster. One blew of part of an incisor, the other disappeared down her mouth, and the last shot back at them and snapped off the Ares flag pole.

"Again!" Clarisse shouted. A hopeless cause really. They didn't have enough ammo or time for them to do any real damage, the whirlpool was moving to quickly.

Vibrations shook the deck. The engine humming stronger and sturdier than before, slowing down as it pulled away from the mouth. "Tyson did it!" Ariadne gave Percy a grin before Annabeth pulled her into a hug.

"Wait!" Clarisse yelled. "We need to stay close!"

"We'll die!" Percy shouted. "We have to move away..."

His words died down as the water ceased entering the vortex— the mouth had closed. Ariadne gulped before grabbing onto Percy's hand, giving him a glance of fear.

Charybdis's mouth shop back open, water erupting from it and into the sky. Everything it couldn't eat was spat back out: one of their cannonballs shot out and slammed against the CSS Birmingham.

The ship was thrown backwards, slamming them against the wall. Her lungs were on fire as  water forced its way down her throat. She couldn't breath and tried standing up as someone yelled, "The engine's about to blow!"

"Where's Tyson?!" Percy shouted over the commotion. The girl found Annabeth quickly and grabbed her.

"Annie! I've got you," her hand wrapped around the girls'. " I got you! I got you!" She coughed out some water as her head felt like it was spinning.

"Still down there," a soldier told him. "Holding it together somehow, though I font know for how much longer."

The captain turned towards Clarisse, "We have to abandon ship."

"No!" She shouted back.

"We have no choice, m'lady. The hill is already cracking apart! She can't—"

An arm of some sort cut him off, as quick as lightning and with a crack, he was gone.

"Scylla!" A sailor shouted in warning before a green and brown arm grabbed him as well. Everyone was too slow and took time to process what had happened. Ariadne and Percy took out their swords, attempting to swipe at another arm which grabbed a deckhand, but they were too slow.

"Everyone get below!" Percy yelled out.

"We can't!" Clarisse drew her own sword to help them. "Below deck is in flames."

"Lifeboats!" Annabeth shouted. "Now!"

"They'll never get clear of the cliffs," Clarisse said. "We'll all be eaten."

"We have to try. Percy, the Flask."

"I can't leave Tyson!"

"We have to get the boats ready!"

Clarisse listened to Annabeth and had soldiers help her uncover one of the two emergency lifeboats. Scylla rained down upon them before plucking off more soldiers.

"Get the other boat," Percy tossed the Flask to Annabeth. "I'll get Tyson."

"No!" Ariadne let go of Annabeth who was pulling her along, her hands gripping onto his shoulders tightly. "The heat will kill you!"

But as always, Percy Jackson didn't listen. He ran towards the boiler room once he pulled away from her grip. Ariadne struggled against Annabeth's right hold, crying out for the boy. Her blonde friend pushed her into the lifeboat, splashing into the rough waters.

Scylla grabbed Percy by his bag with one of her arms, the brunette screaming out. He stabbed the arm in the eye with his sword. The monster dropped him and both her and Annabeth called out for him. While he was falling the boat finally blew up—

BOOM!

Their lifeboat was pushed away from the broken ship and away from Percy. Ariadne tried leaping into the water but Annabeth held her back, insisting she couldn't swim and therefore, wasn't much use.

Annabeth opened the Flask and blew them towards the wreckage and broken parts as they grew further from Scylla. The brunette quickly found Percy floating with his backpack and sword, hauling him into the boat as quickly as she could.

The blonde grabbed his stuff while Ariadne shouted at Percy and prayed to the gods that he was alive.

"Perc?" Her hand shook his shoulder. "Wake up. Perc, wake up!"

He couldn't have drowned— he was the son of Poseidon, he couldn't have drowned... right? But his pale face said otherwise, there was no breathing either.

Ariadne was frustrated and prayed to his father, her father, even Zeus for help. But nothing happened and Percy laid there limply on the boat. Her throat tightened and she couldn't breath, her eyes shifted to Annabeth who was frozen.

"We swore, Annie," she told the blonde who's eyes were wide. "He can't be... he can't—"

Her cries cut her words off, tears leaking form her eyes as one of her best friends wasn't breathing. So she did the only thing she could do: use her skills from Miami.

The girl put her hands on her chest as she started CPR. If the gods couldn't help him, then she would. She kept pushing on his chest while crying, trying to even her own breaths. In her mind the beat to Stayin' Alive was pounding, she realized that wasn't working.

Her hand rested on his forehead before tilting his head back and lifting his chin. She pinched his nose before squeezing her eyes and placing her lips on his, blowing as much air as she could to remove whatever was blocking his airways.

Ariadne pulled back and looked at his chest to see if it was rising; it wasn't. The girl tried again and again but nothing was happening. Annabeth pulled her away as her body shook, the girl wouldn't give up on him.

"PERCY!" Her head fell onto her chest, her tears hitting his skin. She felt her body heat up and looked down at her wrist, it was glowing a faint pink.

Annabeth watched as the pink flowed through her two friends, twisting and turning. The brunette looked up at the sky as her tears began turning a dark purple, dripping on the boy who's bruises were leaving him.

Percy shot up quickly, his head almost colliding with Ariadne's. He gasped and coughed, trying to heave water form his lungs. But since he couldn't drown, there wasn't any. The boy was completely healed. His eyes were fearful and the sea-green oceans in them were broken apart. They met Ariadne's distraught purple before whispering, "Tyson."

Ariadne let out a shaky breath before launching into him, arms wrapping tightly around his neck. Her head went into his neck as he held onto her tightly, some tears falling into her shoulder.

Perseus Jackson was alright, and she thought it was because a god had helped him. But the gods and goddesses above knew it wasn't them who did anything; it was her.

authors note:
I listened to Gold, Believer and Natural by Imagine Dragons on repeat for this whole chapter.

My heart was literally pounding throughout this chapter and I was typing words so quickly I couldn't process what I was saying.

But I loved this chapter and I hope you did too.

Love you guys!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 98 7
๐‡๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐›๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ค ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ข๐ง๐ž๐ฏ๐ข๐ญ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ'๐ซ๐ž ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐ง๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฌ. Luk...
29.1K 1.3K 31
๐ŸŒท "We're Greek, Percy. We're all born with tragedy in our blood." The only thing Daphne could ever be sure of was that she was not meant to be ali...
10.7K 400 16
๐€๐ฅ๐จ๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ง๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ก ๐ฌ๐ก๐จ๐ซ๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐‹๐จ๐ง๐  ๐ˆ๐ฌ๐ฅ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ข๐ฌ ๐š ๐ ๐ข๐ซ๐ฅ ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ ๐›๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ฌ ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž ๐ข๐ฌ ๐๐ข๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐œ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ญ ๏ฟฝ...
55.8K 1.5K 17
ON HIATUS TILL FURTHER NOTICE !! ๐’๐Ž๐”๐‘! โ”โ”โ”โ” ๐ข ๐๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ค ๐ข'๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ž๐ญ ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ฌ๐จ ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ, โ i'm selfish, i know, i can't...