The Billionaire's Seductress ✔

By CollateralSunshine

Seducing powerful men into telling her all of their secrets is Scarlett Ambrose's specialty. Ace Hardwood is... More

The Billionaire's Seductress
1. A Beautiful Spy
2. That Babe from the Other Night
3. Good Villains Have Pizzazz
4. Mr. Hardwood Will See You Now
5. You Can Call Me Mr. Hardwood
6. A Protein Bar Isn't Breakfast
7. You Missed A Button
8. You Psycho
9. I Do It Cause It's Fun
10. At Least Buy Me Dinner First
11. Aren't We In Trouble
12. An Oil Painting
13. Tell Me Your Real Name
14. Just Some Rain
15. There's More To Life Than Business
16. Are You Happy Now, Princess?
18. Why Not Whipped Cream?
19. You Must Be Special
20. Those Girls Are Like Fries
21. Michael Phelps Better Watch Out
22. Big Bad Ace Hardwood
23. Now We All Match
24. Gate Six and Two Thirds
25. Aren't You A Softie
26. Careful, Ambrose
27. Brad Windom's Nose
28. Just My PA
29. I'm Here
30. A Real Life Plot Hole
31. My Lucky Red Dress
32. Fine. Great.
33. Thank Goodness It's Friday
34. Scarlett and Aeson
35. F-f-f-f-f-fairy Lights
36. About The Man
37. You're Safe
38. Morning Sky
39. Vanessa Wright
40. Only You Know
41. Kaius Wickham
42. A Cartoon Villain
43. Free
44. Sugar
45. Slowly
46. Like You
47. Enough
48. I Quit
49. About Scarlett Ambrose
50. Dan Andrews Was Here
51. Long Time No See
52. It's Real
53. When The Storm Hits
54. I Like Cake
55. A Mutual Friend
56. A Good Samaritan
57. Glad You Came
58. Home
59. So Much Trouble
60. Magic
Now and Always
Surprises

17. Monster

25.3K 1.3K 348
By CollateralSunshine

"We never realize
 how frozen we are
until someone starts
 to melt our ice."

~ Bridgett Devoue

"I found the best grill kit, I swear. I watched three YouTube videos on really butch looking guys review it and they absolutely love it. If your brother-in-law loves grilling as much as you say he does, he's going to love this." Scarlett tapped the screen on her laptop earnestly.

Ace's tall leather chair was turned around so that he could see outside his large glass paned windows. He didn't make a sound.

Scarlett cocked her head to a side. "Do you not want a gift for your sister's husband?"

Ace's chair began making jerk-like movements, as it was turned to face Scarlett.

When it did face her however, she wasn't greeted by Ace's chiseled jawline, dark hair, perfect scruff or green eyes. Instead, she was greeted by the face of a little girl, topped with golden blonde hair and her blue eyes sparkled. She looked like she was having a ball.

"Hi!" she said, enthusiastically, trying her best to pull herself towards the table, her tongue sticking out. She was trying to gain momentum to make the chair spin. "Who are you?"

"Hi," Scarlett replied, sweetly, shutting her laptop. She looked around. "I'm Scarlett. Who are you, sweetheart?"

"I'm Cassie," the girl said, happily, gripping the edge of the table and pushing herself sideways so that the chair spun.

"Well, Cassie, how did you end up here?" Scarlett asked.

"Ooh, there's this really pretty elevator," Cassie told her, "It has mirrors all over it."

Scarlett raised her eyebrows, completely amused by this girl and her completely inability to be anything other than confident. In Cassie's mind there was no reason to question why she would be sitting in the seat of one of the most affluential CEOs in the city, who barely let anyone into his office while he was absent.

She watched Cassie spin herself with the utmost determination. "God, I hope you're my new boss," she said, softly.

"Hate to burst your bubble, Ambrose, but that would still be me."

Scarlett spun around to see Ace, who raised an eyebrow at her with his crooked grin. She made a disappointed face. "How sad. Cassie and I were just doing so well."

"Uncle Ace, I love your chair!" Cassie exclaimed, now spinning herself by kicking her feet against Ace's desk.

Scarlett stifled a laugh seeing the girl manhandle Ace's beloved desk.

Ace's expression was soft as he looked at his niece. "Cassie, why don't you come over here and say hello to Scarlett?"

Cassie stopped the chair and hopped off of it. She was completely unfazed by the fact that she had been spinning and skipped over to Scarlett. "Hi, I'm Cassandra," she said, brightly, smiling up at Scarlett, showing the loss of two teeth on her bottom jaw.

Scarlett knelt near the girl. "I'm Scarlett. It's very nice to meet you, Cassandra." She shook the little girl's hand.

Cassie cocked her head to a side and analyzed Scarlett's face. "You're pretty," she said, resolutely, like no one could challenge her, "I like you. You can call me Cassie."

A radiant smile came over Scarlett's face as Ace watched. "Thank you. I think you're very pretty, too. And you can call me Sky."

"Sky?" Cassie asked and pointed out the window, "Like the sky?"

Scarlett nodded.

Cassie smiled again. "I love the sky!"

Her excitement was infectious and Scarlett giggled. "Me, too!"

"How'd you know my uncle Ace?"

Scarlett's eyes flickered up to her boss and then she looked back at the girl. "I work with your Uncle Ace."

Cassie turned and looked up at Ace, who was towering over her. "Lucky! I want to work with Sky!"

Ace looked amusedly confused. "You just met her."

Cassie looked back at Scarlett and considered this. "But I like her."

Scarlett smiled as Gretchen walked in and handed some papers and coloured pencils to Ace. He took it. "Hey, Cassie, do you want to sit over there and draw something for me?"

Cassie took the papers and the pencils and nodded. "But I want to sit there." She pointed to Ace's desk.

"Sure, kiddo, you can have my desk."

"Can Sky stay here?" she asked.

Ace looked down at his niece and PA. "She does have to work, you know."

Cassie blinked her big blue eyes up at him and Ace rolled his eyes. "Sure, just go over there and colour, okay?"

Cassie smiled up at her uncle like he had given her the world and skipped off to climb back on to his seat and begin her artistry. Scarlett got to her feet and watched Cassie.

"Turn my niece against me, why don't you?" Ace huffed, jokingly.

Scarlett looked over a raised shoulder at Ace. "I can't help it if she likes me. I'm very likeable."

"Any particular reason you're in here, Ambrose?"

She tapped her closed laptop. "I found a gift for your brother-in-law."

Ace nodded. "Email it to me."

Scarlett motioned with her head towards Cassie. "She's the one who called the other day. Why is she here?"

"My sister was running an errand and she had demanded to see her favourite uncle," Ace said.

"You're her only uncle, aren't you?" Scarlett made a pitiful face.

Ace shook his head, disbelievingly. "She does enjoy my company, you know."

"She's just a child. She doesn't know any better."

Ace opened his mouth to retort, but stopped when he heard a voice outside.

"Hey, Gretchen. Nice to see you. Hey, Ace. Hope Cassie didn't give you much trouble."

In walked a dark-haired woman, dressed in a pair of stylish wide-legged pants and a blouse. She had blue eyes that resembled Cassie's, and an easy smile on her face. Her gaze was trained on Ace, but when she saw Scarlett, she smiled.

"Oh, hi," she nodded to Scarlett, "Who's this?"

Ace gestured to Scarlett. "This is my new PA, Scarlett Ambrose. This is my sister, Emerson."

The two women shook hands. "Nice to meet you, Scarlett. I hope my brother hasn't been giving you any trouble."

Ace gave her a look of mock outrage. "Why does everyone think that I'm the one giving trouble?"

Emerson nudged him. "I grew up with you, little brother. I know how much trouble you can be." Ace shook his head. "Hey, Cassie, are you ready to go?"

Cassie raised her head from her drawing. She pushed herself off the chair and ran over to the adults, waving a paper in her hand. Ace smiled and stepped back, ready to receive a brand-new drawing.

Instead of giving it to Ace, however, Cassie beamed up at Scarlett and held out the drawing to her. "Here, Sky, I drew this for you."

Scarlett knelt down and took the paper into her hands with a smile. "Cassie, I love it!" she said, happily, looking at the drawing of a morning sky, "No one's ever drawn anything for me before!"

Emerson stifled a laugh at Ace's shocked expression at being hung out to dry.

Cassie looked at Scarlett, concerned. One of her favourite ways of showing affection was to draw things for the people she loved. In her brain, it was impossible that someone as seemingly wonderful as Scarlett had never received a drawing. "Never?" she asked.

Scarlett shook her head. "Never. So, I'm going to keep this. It's beautiful. Thank you."

Cassie smiled. "Mom, can I spend a day with uncle Ace and Sky?"

Emerson opened her mouth, but seemed unable to formulate a response. She smiled. "Cassie, do you think you'd like to ask Scarlett to show you her office?"

Scarlett took the hint. "Yeah," she told Cassie, "I have a chair that spins."

Cassie's eyes shone. "I love chairs that spin!"

"Me, too! Come on, I'll show you mine," Scarlett took Cassie's hand and led her down the hallway into her room.

Emerson shut the door to Ace's office and turned to him with her eyebrows raised. "New PA, Ace?"

Ace nodded, completely unfazed. "She's pretty good."

"Pretty good or just pretty?"

Ace gave his sister a look. "I didn't hire her for her looks. I don't take decisions based on women."

Emerson shook her head. "Really? Are you forgetting Eve?"

Her brother waved his hand. "That was years ago. I'm smarter now and I'm not interested in Ambrose."

She rolled her eyes. "You won't even say her name. I hope you know what you're doing, Ace."

"Don't I always?"

Emerson eyed her brother. "So, you think I can trust my child with her? She seems nice, but can I trust my child with her."

Ace nodded. "Yeah, she's fine. And Cassie obviously likes her. They barely spent an hour together and she's already getting drawings. You know what they say, kids can tell people, like dogs."

"Don't call my daughter a dog. And that's babies."

Ace held up his hands. "I'd love to spend the day with Cassie. You can let me know and drop her off on a weekend and Ambrose and I will spend the day with her."

Emerson stared at her brother. "Does she live with you?"

"She helps me get a lot of work done at home."

Emerson scoffed, but looked amused. "Answer me this: how many women have you slept with since she moved in?"

Ace's eyes widened. "Whoa! Whoa! You're my sister."

"Oh, stop acting like a prude," she laughed, "You haven't slept with anyone, have you?"

Ace glared. "Look, it's not easy to bring someone over when there actually is someone else in the house."

Emerson's smile was suggestive.

"Look, I'm not trying to sleep with my employee," Ace said, firmly.

"Oh," Emerson laughed, "I'm not saying you want to just sleep with her."

Ace gave his sister a look making her laugh, again. "Look, you're a grown ass man. I'm not going to tell you what to do. Just be smart."

"Aren't I always?"

"She's prettier than Eve," Emerson nudged her brother in the stomach.

Ace put a hand out to block her. "Please don't compare my employee to my –"

Emerson raised her eyebrows. "Your what?" she asked, amused, "Your destiny?"

"Eve was not my destiny," Ace shook his head.

Emerson laughed. "Oh, I'm starting to believe that."

"Why do you think Ambrose is any different to any of my other employees?" Ace wanted to know.

Emerson gave him a look. "Oh, Ace. I hope you realize soon enough."

He narrowed his eyes at her. "Just tell me if I can have my niece for a day."

Emerson looked at her brother and sighed. "Well, Cal and I have been wanting to have a weekend to ourselves, so I'll let you know about having Cassie, alright?"

Ace smiled. "Great."

"I'm going to go now," she held up a warning finger, "You be good."

"Aren't I always?" He walked over to his desk and called Scarlett on the intercom and asked her to bring Cassie back.

They stepped outside in time to see Cassie holding on to three of Scarlett's fingers as she told her an interesting story about an astronaut she had seen on TV.

"Say bye to Scarlett, honey," Emerson told her daughter.

Scarlett knelt down for Cassie to happily give her a hug. "I'll see you later, Sky."

"Not if I see you first, Cassie."

The little girl giggled as Scarlett stood.

Ace lowered himself to her height. "Can your favourite uncle get a hug?" he asked, opening his arms out to her.

Cassie ran to Ace and flung her arms around his neck.

"Will you come see me soon?" he asked.

Cassie nodded, excitedly.

"It was nice to meet you, Scarlett." Emerson smiled.

Scarlett grinned back. "It was nice to meet you, too, Emerson."

Cassie waved to everyone as they walked away. Ace's eyes watched his niece's bubbly energy until she was out of sight.

Scarlett looked at him with a suggestive smile on her face, wanting to make fun of him about how his niece liked her so much.

"Before you say anything," Ace held up a finger, making Scarlett raise her eyebrows, "Get back to work."

*

Ace Hardwood sat in his study that night, frowning at some papers. He heard her footsteps close by, but didn't think anything of it.

Scarlett Ambrose had tiptoed up to the open door to his study to peer in. She walked across on to the other side of the door and peered in again.

Ace still didn't raise his head.

She tiptoed across the door and peeped in again.

"Something you need, Ambrose?"

Ace lifted his eyes, dark green in the lighting of the night.

Scarlett smiled. "Can I come in?"

Ace beckoned with two of his fingers.

"I finished the books," Scarlett said, showing him the books he had given her.

Ace raised his eyebrows. "Did you like them?"

Scarlett nodded. "Especially the one about social psychology." She looked at Ace's expression. "Could I get another one?"

Ace leaned back in his chair. "By all means," his voice was low as he gestured to his bookshelves.

Scarlett replaced the books she had in her hands and ran her finger over the spines of the other ones. Ace watched as she picked random books, the title of which intrigued her.

"So, is Cassie coming to visit?" she asked, holding two books in her hand.

Ace nodded. "Sometime soon."

Scarlett flipped through one of the books, happily inhaling the scent of that book smell she couldn't get enough of. Ace watched her, an unfathomable expression on his face.

Scarlett crossed her arms and stood in front him. "She almost makes you seem human."

Ace scoffed. "That's terrible."

"What? Being human?"

Ace nodded. "It's the worst thing."

Scarlett cocked her head. "You think being human is a flaw?"

He steepled his fingers. "The biggest flaw. It makes you vulnerable."

Scarlett analyzed his face; she had grown so accustomed to it now that she could barely remember a time that she hadn't seen it. Knowing she hadn't yet found herself into a position in his life that she wanted, she leaned over the table and bit the corner of her lip as she looked at his lips.

She had almost a hint of a smile on her face when she spoke. "Is that why you behave like you're not human sometimes? Like you don't have a human bone in your perfectly sculpted body?"

"That's because I'm a monster."

Do you believe Ace?

Is Scarlett's flirting working on him?

Don't forget to let me know what you think.

Today's chapter is dedicated to the user because I saw her message asking me for an update and I was in the middle of doing some work when I saw it and it made me smile. 

Don't worry, I'll almost definitely upload every day. If there's a change, I will let you guys know.

Much love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

743K 50K 97
As he took one last step closer, his muscles made direct contact with every fragment of my body, and I could feel my skin become ten times warmer. "...
298K 5.7K 53
Mea Savanna, strong, caring and bold. Dropping out of college wasn't in her to do list but after her mother's death; everything went down hell. She d...
16.6K 1.5K 29
ISSAC RAYMONDS ,one of the top renowned entrepreneurs and CEO of RAYMOND CORPORATION PRIVATE LIMITED is well known for his cold personality towards...
4.4M 120K 85
"You seem to have forgotten who I am," he whispered, caging me in with his arms once again. His stubbled face scratched my cheek as he inched closer...