Cat

By musashden

Terry must adjust to the newest member of the bat-family. Can they be effective partners in crime-fighting or... More

Cat Chapter 1
Cat Chapter 2
Cat Chapter 3
Cat Chapter 4
Cat Chapter 6
Cat Chapter 7
Cat Chapter 8
Cat Chapter 9
Cat Chapter 10
Cat Chapter 11
Cat Chapter 12
Cat Chapter 13
Cat Chapter 14
Cat Chapter 15

Cat Chapter 5

48 2 0
By musashden

"You're giving me my serum?" Tac asked in disbelief. It turns out that was the reason he wanted Tac back home. He didn't even lecture Terry about letting Tac go off on his own - he had already done that over the phone.

"I've been refining it."

"You know how to do that?" Terry asked.

"Such knowledge comes in handy when you have to synthesize antidotes for fear toxin and poison kisses." Bruce said as he loaded up the dosing gun. "The serum you had been using was not the same formula that Dr. Cuvier had been manufacturing. He was an actual chemist. More than likely yours was made by someone who reverse engineered it but used cheap ingredients to mass produce it to make more money." He explained. "It's why your organs were starting to fail and why coming down from it was so jarring."

"How are my kidneys doing lately?" Tac asked as he brought up his medical records on the computer.

"You've nearly made a full recovery. This shouldn't hinder that." Bruce said. "I want you to go out on patrol with Terry tonight. Just for two hours." Despite the time limit Tac smiled wide. He readily rolled up the sleeve of his shirt to receive the injection. Bruce took his wrist but paused for a moment as he rubbed his thumb over the faded scars there. "I want you to be careful."

"I will." Tac said quickly.

"Listen. This is a trial run. You feel dizzy you come home. You throw up, lose your equilibrium, can't stand, get a nose bleed, dry mouth, an itch between your toes - anything - you come home."

"Bruce I will." He promised.

"It's been a few months since you last spliced - I'm giving you a fraction of what you used to take which is still a lot because you had been overdosing. Don't push it. If things get too risky you let Terry handle it." Tac nodded. He flinched when Bruce injected him.

"Is it burning your veins?" Bruce asked as he moved to the computer to take notes.

"No... kind of tingles—AH!" He gasped. The change was nearly instantaneous. His nails grew first, then his ears. His tail came wiggling out his back and he swung it back and forth behind him. "Aww man." He wined when his muscles bulked out and ripped his jeans. It was a small price to pay for such a smooth transition.

"Your old costume should still fit." Bruce said as he pointed to the work bench. "I've added a few things to it, kevlar piece over your heart, updated tech on your mask." He took up another medi-gun and put it to Tac's arm.

"What are you doing?" Tac asked. He put his hand to his throat when his voice came out in a slightly higher octave. He hissed when Bruce drew some blood.

"I have to study how your immune system handles the new formula." He explained. "How do you feel?"

"Great." Tac said as he flexed his hands. Terry kept an eye on them as he suited up. Tac changed quickly and examined his reflection in the glass cases. "For a while there it felt like cinderblocks were tired around my wrists but now..." He did a back flip and landed on the work table. "It's so easy to move - I feel like I could take off flying if I gave it a little effort."

"That's good to hear." Bruce said.

"Let's get to it." Batman called him from the car. Tac smiled as he put on his domino mask. He leapt off the table and ran to the Batmobile. He was able to squeeze in behind Batman. Bruce smiled a little as Tac smiled wide and waved before they sped off.

———

"So what's the plan here?" Jack asked as he balanced a knife on the tip of his finger. "Cause I'm gonna be honest - being raped to death by a bunch of Jokerz hopped up on Angel Dust is not something I wanted to do tonight."

"Shut up." Ten said.

"Why is he here?" Batman asked.

"Believe me, Bats I asked the same thing an hour ago." Jack said. "Although its a rather nice surprise to see you again, darling." He reached over and tickled Cat under his chin. He purred and leaned into Jack's hand when he scratched behind his ear.

"Can you two knock it off for two seconds?" Ten hissed.

"Her boy-toy burned her." Jack whispered loudly. Cat chuckled - finding it endlessly amusing that neither of them realized it was actually Terry sitting there in the bat suit with them. Ten just let out an aggravated sigh.

"Speaking of which... if you make it out and I don't. Can you give this to a kid named Terry McGinnis?" She asked as she handed a note to Batman. "Don't read it. It's for him - not you!" Cat giggled and they all looked at him sharply.

"Sorry - I think this new splicing formula is making me a little high." He said.

"Okay so here's the plan - me and Ten go in, get King and Queen and get out. But if something happens you two will be there to help us get out." Batman said. They all nodded and Batman and Ten took off towards the Jokerz hideout. As soon as they were out of an ear shot Jack turned to Cat.

"Wanna make out—

"Yes!" Cat practically tackled Jack as he kissed him. Despite being preoccupied with their mouths Cat listened out for any trouble from the hideout. He could still hear the Jokers having their party. It felt so good to press himself against Jack. He squeezed Cat's butt and scratched against the base of his tail. They both pulled away when there was suddenly yelling and screaming coming from the Joker hideout. "God damn it." Cat sat up and pressed his communicator ear piece. "Did you get caught already?"

"No!" Batman responded. His labored breathing let Cat know that was a lie. He looked up and spotted Ten fleeing the scene. Jack pulled Cat onto his flying card and went after her.

"What happened? Where are you going?" Cat asked when they caught up to her.

"Batman blew it. I'm going back to the Derby."

"But mom and—"

"They're not here." She said.

"So you just left Batman in there?"

"His stupid plan, his loss." Ten said before she went around them.

"Stay on her." Cat said as he moved to jump off the card. Jack grabbed his arm.

"You can't go in there. It's suicide."

"He's my partner now - I have to." Cat said before gave Jack one last kiss. "But thanks for caring, darling." He took Jack's hand off him before he flipped off the card. The Batmobile zipped in right under him and he rode on top until it was over Batman's location. He jumped down into the lair of Jokerz - knocking several out before they even knew he was there. Crippling others that came at him with crowbars and rubber chickens with spikes in them. He was able to get enough of them off Batman for him to break free. Cat was having too much fun in the melee - venting months worth of frustration and anxiety as he punched and kicked his way through the never ending stream of Jokerz. He didn't even hear Batman calling him until he was right in his face.

"Let's go!" Batman grabbed him and took off. He kicked one more Joker in the face on their way up.

"Why'd you pull me out? There were only a hundred more, I could've taken them." Cat complained as Batman shoved him behind the seat.

"We've got bigger problems." Batman said. "King and Queen aren't here. Ten and Jack set us up."

"Why?" Cat asked. "This whole thing doesn't make any sense. Jokerz aren't smart enough to pull off a kidnapping in the first place - it's not their style. King and Queen aren't the 'kidnapped' type.

"I know. I've fought them." Batman said.

"The ransom note was only sent to Ten. It seems like someone is trying to get her killed."

"Jack?"

"No, they don't even have any form of sibling rivalry."

"Oh Good, so they'll be no love-loss when I beat him up and he gives away her plans." Batman said as he pressed a few buttons.

"No need to get nasty. She said she was headed back to the Derby."

"Then why is Jack headed in the opposite direction?" Batman asked. "Funny he doesn't seem all that concerned with his parents whereabouts."

"Well you heard him - King abuses him. Not really all that surprising he's not heart broken."

"That, or he knows they're not in danger." Batman said as he changed course. They rode in silence for a while. "I hope you know what needs to happen when we get there. I know you have this 'thing' with Jack. But if he's on the wrong side of this—

"You don't have to worry." Cat interrupted.

"Oh? Why not? You've been 'having fun' with Jack all weekend."

"He knows what side I'm on now. It's why I'm in here with you instead of on his card."

"Did you want to be on the card?" Batman asked.

"It's less cramped thats for sure."

———

The ordeal was resolved quickly when it came to light that King and Queen were merely testing Ten. It ended in a shoot out that drew the cops in and landed the Derby members and King and Queen back in jail. Ten and Jack were in the wind. Batman wanted to go after them but Bruce wanted Cat back at the cave to change him back. His two hours had long been up.

When Bruce gave him the antidote he passed out. "Whoa!" Terry caught him before he could hit the floor. "Tac?"

"Check his pulse." Bruce advised as he got a medi-scanner. Terry put two fingers to his neck and sighed.

"It's normal. Think it was the sudden drop in adrenaline?"

"Could be. Like I said it's been months since he last spliced. He'll have to build his tolerance back up." Bruce said as he gave Tac's vitals a quick scan. "How did he do out there?"

"He went a little crazy during a brawl with some Jokerz. I think he was just excited to be out again." Terry said. "He doesn't need a cloaking device to sneak into places. Made good decisions in the end. He's shaping up."

"Carry him up to his room." Bruce said. Terry hooked his arm under Tac's legs and hoisted him up. Ace ran ahead like he always did. Terry paused when they reached the study and Bruce started breathing harder. He sat down in his arm chair and fished his pills out of his pocket. "I'm fine." He waved Terry along and he carried Tac up to his room. He put him down on his bed before he ran downstairs to check on Bruce. He was still in the arm chair but his pills had made him lethargic.

"Come on." Terry huffed as he put Bruce's arm around his shoulder and helped him up. He was considerably heavier than Tac and walking him to his room was a slow process. He was just thankful the master bedroom was on the main level.

"Thanks." He growled out as Terry eased him down to sit on his bed.

"Need help into your pajamas?"

"No." Bruce said shortly. Terry left him to go let Ace out. Took a minute to feed the dog and give him fresh water while he relieved himself outside. He came back and Terry went about locking up the house for the night. Or rather the morning - when he looked at the clock it was already 3 AM. Not that anyone was driving all the way up to Wayne Manor to break in it didn't hurt to lock all the doors. He checked on Bruce and he was snoring already. He left the door cracked so Ace could go in later. He then went upstairs and found Tac right where he left him. His costume wasn't as skin-tight without the mass he gained from splicing but he knew it would be uncomfortable to sleep in. He looked around for a second before he found a t-shirt and sweat pants. He leaned over Tac and unsnapped his utility belt - being careful of the booby-trap Bruce put in all the belts to keep people from taking them off. Terry sighed when he managed not to electrocute himself on it. He set it aside on Tac's desk before he pulled his pants down. As soon as he did Tac woke up and screamed.

"No! No! Don't touch me!" Tac tried to kick him but Terry caught his legs under his arm.

"Tac - look, look at me. It's Terry." He said. Tac panicked for a few seconds until he recognized Terry. His cheeks turned red and he started to cry. "Hey, come on. It's okay. You're alright."

"I know that." Tac sniffed. "I know. I just thought... God, I had nightmare that it was years ago and when you pulled at my pants."

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that. But—"

"No you don't get it. I'm happy. I'm so happy." He cried before he hugged Terry. He did his best to calm Tac down. He seemed to really enjoy Terry's hug this time - relaxing in his embrace and letting out a long sigh when his tears finally stopped.

"Come on, get changed out of your suit." He said. Tac nodded before he let go of Terry. He pulled the crop top over his head and Terry found himself watching. Oddly intrigued as his pale skin was revealed. He had an old scar on his shoulder and another on his thigh. Terry assumed they were from his tumultuous preteen years. He pulled on the shirt and sweat pants before he looked at Terry. "You good?"

"Yeah." Tac answered and glanced at the clock. "It's late. You wanna stay here?"

"In the same bed with you?" Terry asked. Tac glanced at his bed and shrugged.

"It's a full - theres enough room."

Terry opened his mouth to decline but all that came out was a long yawn. Tac just patted the bed beside him. "You sure?"

"It's fine." Tac assured him. He understood Terry's hesitation after the way he just freaked out but he figured it wouldn't be any different than sharing the bed with Ace. Terry wasn't looking forward to driving all the way home at this hour anyway. He sent his mom a quick text - she wouldn't get it until she got up in the morning but it would let her know he wasn't at home. He kicked off his boots and shrugged his jacket off. When he started taking off his pants he noticed Tac's attention.

"Is this okay? I have on boxers but I can keep them on if it's—"

"No it's fine." Tac interrupted as he got under the covers. Terry smiled as he settle in next to him. Tac was still watching him warily as he reached up and turned out the lights. He settled on his side and was asleep in seconds.

———

Terry developed a habit of sleeping next to Tac. He tried not to make it too obvious that he enjoyed it so much. He'd skip a few nights - dragging himself all the way home just to go to sleep for a few hours before school. His mother didn't seem to mind. She thought it was great that he was so devoted to his job of caring for Mr. Wayne. He didn't like using him as excuse to stay but it was easier than the truth. The truth that he loved waking up to the sound of Tac's soft snoring. The feel of his breath on the back of his neck or his slender hands around his waist.

They'd always start out on opposite sides of the bed but during the night they both seemed to gravitate towards the middle. Tac loved cuddling. On the nights Terry wasn't there he knew Ace or a pillow would take his place under Tac's arm. Tac also remarked that Terry's presence had decreased his number of nightmares. Terry knew how awful it was waking up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat, stricken with fear and having to self sooth in the dark.

Terry liked their arrangement. And he didn't mind being the 'little spoon'. Not even when Tac got morning wood. It was so easy to forget he was a teenaged boy. His persnickety behavior and flamboyant manor is what made Terry disregard his gender until that happened. The few mornings it did would send Terry spiraling into his thoughts. Especially when his body started reacting in the same way.

What was he doing? How would his friends react if they knew four nights a week he was cuddling up to another boy? If Dana knew she'd be furious. But then again it was her cold behavior that led him to seek out this contact. Terry knew it wasn't right to pass the buck like that but at the end of the day he was human and he wasn't into being humiliated. He didn't really expect Dana to hang around forever - she wanted contact too but every time he tried lately she rebuffed him. He briefly entertained the thought of telling her what his 'job' really was. Maybe she'd understand and then maybe he'd be sleeping next to her at night.

Terry glanced over his shoulder when Tac rolled over and settled into his favorite position behind Terry. One arm flung over his hip. It tickled as Tac squirmed around and got comfortable. He moaned and Terry felt his forehead against the back of his neck. He mumbled something. Another lucid dream. Terry jumped when Tac held him tighter and pulled himself in closer. His erection going right in the curve of his back.

"Jack..." Tac sighed in his sleep. Terry tried not to laugh - he was having a different kind of lucid dream. Terry felt a little bad for him - he and Jack never got the intimacy they had been playing at. Terry understood being sexually frustrated. Ever since he turned twelve he understood it very well. But how long should he lay there and let Tac hump him? He tried not to jump when Tac suddenly sat up. He looked around and Terry put his hand on his shoulder.

"Nightmare?" He asked quietly.

"No... I'm fine." Tac said before he got up and went to the bathroom. Terry laid back down and closed his eyes. Tac ran the faucet but it was so quiet at that time of night - Terry could still here him moaning softly as he touched himself.

"God, what is my life lately?" Terry sighed.

———

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 259 19
Dick Grayson's life has never been easy, but he'd like to think it's been going better lately. He's been operating mainly out of Gotham again for alm...
64.4K 2.3K 19
Boy runs away from home. Boy meets dangerous man. Then shit hits the fan.
7.5K 246 23
Deathstroke had been patient, he had learned and now he made his move. With Nightwing removed from the scene secrets come to light, new relationships...
2.9K 117 12
Bruce Wayne has always hid secrets very well, but one secret is about to come out that will change the whole worlds lives. Can the boys, League, vill...