Dismissed ⤯ Tom Holland

By kingdombyers

❝I could have you kicked out, you know?❞// ❝oh, but you wouldn't❞ Tom Holland x Reader - ✩STAR BOOK✩, More

The Mystery Begins!
The Lovers!
1 | Mission Report
2 | The School Upon The Hill
3 | Roommates
4 | The Dining Hall
5 | The Matron
6 | Sneaking Out
7 | Bleachers
8 | The Note
9 | The Hooded Figure
10 | Detention
11 | Trolley Tales
12 | All Over Apple Juice
13 | Almost Caught
14 | Found Out
15 | Back-Up Plan
17 | First Date
18 | Ruined
19 | Liar
20 | Larmes De Claude
21 | Mission Complete
22 | Family
23 | Dismissed
Thank You! (info)

16 | Cutting Class

6.3K 335 436
By kingdombyers

Y/N

_

Jamie couldn't sleep with all the excitement, and as a result, neither could I.

As we walked down the stairs to get to class, I rubbed my eyes, barely able to hold in a yawn. I never had a problem with sleep loss, but for some reason I just wasn't feeling good. God, staying in the school is making me lose my training standards.

"So what time exactly?" Jamie beamed, her curls bouncing up and down as we made our way down the stairs.

I honestly didn't know. These things were usually never planned, "during dinner?"

"But what time during dinner?"

"When it starts?"

She tilted her head in confusion, but continued rambling on about how excited she was to become a spy. I was going to tell her she wasn't one, but I didn't want to ruin her dream. I may be a secret agent, but I wasn't a dream crusher. There's a difference.

As we turned down the hall towards Bradworth's class, I heard footsteps speeding up behind me. I was too exhausted to react, so I just waiting till they grabbed my hand and tugged on it. I turned around to see Tom standing behind me, his eyes glazed over with hope.

"Hey," he said, before squinting his eyes, "what happened to you?"

Jamie stopped walking to see what the commotion was, but rolled her eyes when she saw the boy. Giving me a glance, she mouthed the words I'll be in there, and disappeared into the classroom.

"Um," I mumbled, "I just didn't get a lot of sleep."

"Oh, sorry about that."

"It's okay," I nodded, "what's up?"

I saw his eyes flicker around the hallway, as if he was checking to see if anyone was listening. I raised an eye in questioning, and he lowered his voice.

"Do you want to ditch class?" He said under his breath.

I shook my head, "I thought you weren't using your privilege anymore?"

"Come on, lighten up."

"I'm not ditching class."

"Just this once?" He pleaded, sticking out his bottom lip.

I narrowed my eyes, prepared to say no. I was about to decline, but then I hesitated, thinking it through. I didn't like class, I was about to leave the school as soon as I caught Claire, so maybe ditching would be fun. I wasn't going to outright say that, or course.

"Fine," I said, pursing my lips, "where are we going?"

He winked, nodding towards the school's lobby behind him. I trudged cautiously along, a little unsure and a little suspicious about all of this. He slipped past the security desk, down the front stairs, and towards the side of the school.

"Where are you taking me?" I yelled softly. If he was trying to murder me, he chose the wrong person.

He pulled out a pair of keys from his pocket, pointing in front of him. A yellow Volkswagen buggy was parked in front of a tiny garage, it's blinkers shining as he unlocked it.

"Oh, no, no, no," I laughed nervously, "please tell me we aren't getting in that thing."

"Yes, we are," Tom grinned, "let's go."

"I thought we were ditching class, not leaving the entire school!"

"Same difference."

"Tom-"

"Eliza..."

"Fine," I grunted, popping open the car door and climbing into the passenger seat, "who's car is this anyways?"

He slid into the drivers seat, starting up the car with a smooth flick of the key. As he his the pedal, he steered onto the road, driving away from the school.

"It's my dad's," he shrugged, "don't tell him I took it."

"Why would I tell him that?"

"Relax, I'm joking."

We sat in silence for a while, the countryside flying past us as Tom drove. I never spent much time out in the hills, and the green landscape made me feel a little better to be around. The wind hitting against my face woke me up from my exhausted state, and I turned to look at the boy next to me, who had his left hand gripped to the steering wheel.

"You know," he nodded, his eyes glued on the road, "I've been thinking about our conversation."

"Which one?"

"The one in Glasgow."

"Hm," I nodded, resting my arm on the side of the car, "what about it?"

"Remember when I said I liked you?"

I titled my head, not sure what he was getting at. Of course I remembered the conversation, it was only a few days ago.

"Yeah," I nodded, "I do."

"Well you never told me if you like me back."

I laughed, "as a friend."

"Right..." he mumbled, "yeah, as a friend."

"Tom, what are you talking about?"

"Nothing," he sighed, pulling the car to the stomp "we're here."

I took a look around, suddenly surrounded by trees. A small pond was located a few paces in front of the car, water lilies dancing around the ripples. It was beautiful, and I loved it, but I was confused.

"Where is this place?" I mumbled, popping open the car door and climbing out.

"I go here to clear my mind," the boy explained, "I thought you'd want to see it."

"Yeah... it's so pretty."

"Come here."

He waved his hand, dipping under the leaves of a willow tree, and brushing them off to the side for me. Following after him, I couldn't suppress the smile on my face, as I stared at the nature around me. Surprisingly the boy as well.

"I like the way the sun shines through the leaves," he said under his breath, "it just seems peaceful here."

"You aren't wrong."

"I'm glad you agree."

"Of course."

I turned to look at Tom, but for some reason he looked different. Being next to him here, in a different light, I literally saw him in a different light. I had spent so many years taught to only judge a person on their actions and body language, but now I was realizing that he was actually...cute.

I don't remember the last time I called someone cute.

I blinked, everything about him suddenly rushing in. the way his brown hair fell in soft curls, the way his eyes squinted when he smiled, and the tiny little crook on the bridge of his nose.

"Listen," he said briefly, tilting his head nervously, "I brought you here for a reason."

"Hm?"

"I have to tell you something."

"Go ahead."

He leaned his back up against the tree trunk, his expression softening. The sound of bird calls echoing out through the pond almost was enough to drown out any other sounds, but I focused my attention on the boy.

"This is going to sound really weird," he sighed, "but remember what I said in the car?"

"Which part?"

"The one where I told you I liked you."

I nodded, shifting my stance, "yeah."

"Well," he mumbled, scratching the back of his head, "I meant more than a friend."

Unconsciously, I took a step back, suddenly feeling off balance. Ever since he brought it up in the car, I should have known what was going on. For some reason, I couldn't pick it up. I stared at him, unsure what to say.

"I just thought you should know," he shrugged.

"Tom..." I started, "don't you think it's a little soon to like me?"

"What do you mean?"

"It's been barely two weeks since we met, how could you like me?"

"But that's the thing," he exclaimed, taking a step forward, "people always think that liking someone has to do with time!"

"Doesn't it?"

"If you like someone, you like them. How long you've known them doesn't matter as much as everyone thinks it does."

Everything he said was making sense. I just couldn't believe my ears.

"I'm just asking you to give me a chance," he nodded, "just once."

"I don't know..."

"If I can't get you to like me back, that's fine. I'm just asking for one date."

I hadn't been on a date before. I haven't dated anyone either. I was completely clueless, in front of a guy I found my head spinning around for. The moment I realize he's cute, he confesses his feelings for me.

Maybe a chance wouldn't hurt.

"Fine," I smiled, "one date."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

935K 21.5K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
55.5K 1.3K 17
Y/n L/n's a Ravenclaw that notices her boyfriend Cedric Diggory seems to be beyond distant from her and she has no idea why. After a conversation lat...
217K 3.5K 90
Meet Y/n potter Black, the secret chosen one, the girl who fell in love with a Malfoy. Learning secrets along the way, and falling prey to love, will...
152K 4.4K 19
Even though what is left of the Gladers has escaped the Maze, this does not mean they're safe. What happens when they're forced to face the terrors o...