Until This Lie Do Us Part

By mariahbelle18

THIS STORY ISN'T MINE BUT I LOVED IT AND WANTED TO SHARE IT WITH YOU GUYS :) This story was written by TVDVam... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 5

519 10 7
By mariahbelle18

Elena ran her fingers through her hair, trying to decide if she had washed all of the conditioner out of her hair or not. She then held on to the ends of her hair and wondered if she should get it cut. Maybe some highlights? What was the wife of a rich Salvatore supposed to look like?

Truthfully, she didn't care about her hair right now. What she cared about was taking a much needed nap before she faced reality. The reality that she was now living with Stefan and that she would be marrying him soon. She glanced at the immaculate ring on her left finger, watching as it glistened with the droplets of shower water. Suddenly, she was her worst nightmare. The girl who married for money and was miserable because of it. She had no idea how he would treat her in the next six months. She had no idea how she would treat him, either. Elena sincerely hoped that they would leave each other alone for the most part. But a part of her was scared that she would be alone too much. She had no one here in Mystic Falls. Living out in the middle of nowhere now made her feel even more secluded. Sighing, Elena cut the water off and grabbed for her towel, drying herself off and then wrapping the towel around body.

She walked out of her bathroom and toward her dresser in search of something comfortable to wear. She had no idea what Stefan had in store for her later that evening in what he called "bonding". Elena pulled out a pair of jeans and one of her favorite t-shirts supporting a local children's foundation. Comfortable, yet casual. "How was your shower?" she heard Stefan say, causing her to jump as she turned around to shoot daggers at him. He was smirking. "Wish I had been in there with you?"

"Boundaries Stefan, boundaries!" she screamed at him. Stefan remained where he was in her doorway, his smile widening. "Seriously, get out!" she yelled, disappointment running through her mind when she realized there was nothing to throw at him that would cause him pain.

Stefan chuckled some as he took a step into her room. Elena raised a weary eyebrow at him. Why wasn't he leaving? "See" he said, beginning to slowly walk towards her again. Elena clutched the towel around her tighter. "I would leave ... if I actually believed that you wanted me to" he told her. Elena froze as he stopped in front of her. Stefan cocked his head to the side and studied her. Was she nervous? No, she was in denial. Stefan's hands grabbed on to her towel and he yanked on it, pulling her close to him. His lips moved toward her neck and he paused by her ear, whispering softly, "Just admit it. You want me."

Elena shook her head no, but she knew it was a weak attempt. Her heart was going to beat right out of her chest due to his close proximity. And when his hand wrapped around her back, and his lips lightly pressed against her own, she was sure she would die right then and there. Her skin was on fire and she was positive that the only reason she had not burst into flames was because of the towel still wrapped around her, keeping her rational. His lips pressed harder onto hers and she in turn held on to his shoulders, fearing she just might collapse if she didn't. Stefan smiled against her lips, knowing she was as good as gone by this point. She wanted more – needed more. He could give her more, if she let him. He trailed kisses back to her ear, feeling her face bury itself in his shoulder as she tried to hide how ragged her breathing had become. "Elena" he whispered into her ear. Elena froze, his nose still pressed against her ear. "If you want more, all you have to do is say so."

Elena, finding it possible to speak, simply nodded her head yes against him. Stefan's hands came back around to the front of her towel and he fingered the material. Elena slowly pulled her head away from him to look down and watch him slowly unwrap the towel that was around her. He was going ever so slowly, beginning to drive her crazy. "Stefan" she said, exasperation filling her voice. She began taking the towel off herself when his hands grabbed on to hers, stopping her. She looked up into his eyes immediately, questioning his action.

He simply smiled at her. "Wake up" he told her. She gave him a confused look, not sure what he was talking about. "Wake up" he repeated, a little louder.

Elena shot up into a sitting position on her bed, gasping for breath. Her eyes filled with horror when she was sitting almost face to face with Stefan on her bed. He looked at her curiously, a sly smirk on his face. "That must have been some dream" he said, laughing slightly.

Elena glared at him, wrapping her blanket around her, and glancing at the clock. It was already 6 PM. She must have fallen asleep after her shower. Elena placed her hand on her head, trying to steady her breathing. "It was a nightmare" she bit out at him.

Stefan shook his head and smiled as he stood. "Meet me downstairs in ten minutes, and bring a jacket" he told her, beginning to walk towards her door. Elena sighed, feeling no need to get up out of bed. Stefan paused in the doorway and turned back to her. "Oh, and that nightmare you were just having?" he asked. Elena shot a warning glance at him. "If you ever want to do that with me for real, all you have to do is ask" he winked. He ducked as a remote came flying at his head. "See you downstairs!" he called out.

Elena groaned and fell back into bed. What the hell was wrong with her? How could she be so sexually attracted to a jerk like him? She reasoned that it had been a long time for her, and her body was craving physical affection. But it wasn't getting any, at least not from Stefan. She sat back up and tossed the covers off of her. She looked around her room and sighed. It was so empty and kind of depressing. Maybe she could decorate some time. She got up and grabbed her jacket before heading downstairs.

Stefan met her at the bottom of the stairs, already dressed in his jacket. "Ready?" he asked.

Elena crossed her arms. "For what?" she questioned.

"Bonding" Stefan answered, grabbing her hand. Elena yanked it away from him. "Someone's grouchy" he said, backing away from her. "Come along then" he said, leading the way out of his house.

Elena followed him outside into the dark. It was a bit colder than the nights before she noticed. "Where are we going?" she asked, following a few steps behind him.

"You'll see" he tossed over his shoulder as he continued walking. They ended up on a hard dirt path leading into the woods. Elena stopped immediately. Stefan stopped as well, turning around to face her. "More neurotic thoughts of me killing you?" he asked.

Elena hugged her arms around herself tighter. "I just want to know where we are going" she replied, seeing her breath in front of her.

Stefan smiled. "To meet two of my oldest friends" he said, motioning with a head nod for them to continue. Elena waited a few more moments before following after him. This was beyond stupid of her and she knew it. Yet there was something about him that intrigued her.

When they made it out of the wooded area, Elena stopped at the sight before her. A large, well-lit barn stood in the middle of a wide open area. "You have a barn?" she asked in amazement.

Stefan opened a gate and motioned for her to follow. He gave a sharp whistle and within moments, Elena could hear the hard ground underneath her rumble. Two large quarter horses came running out of their stalls towards them. Elena took a cautionary step behind Stefan as he greeted the two horses before him, sticking their noses in his pocket in search of treats. "Elena, I would like you to meet Cash and Ben" he said, running his hand over their faces. The white one, Cash, stuck his head around Stefan to sniff Elena, who remained hidden. Stefan rolled his eyes. "They won't bite" he told her.

Elena took a few slow, small steps until she was standing beside Stefan again. She looked at the two horses in awe. They were beautiful. "I've never been around horses" she explained.

"Nah, really?" he asked her sarcastically. Elena frowned up at him and he seemed to laugh it off. "Well these guys wouldn't hurt a fly. They're perfect for people who have no idea what they are doing" he said, walking towards the barn.

Elena remained frozen in place with the two horses as he began to leave. There were two pairs of brown eyes staring straight at her. Taking a deep breath, Elena squeezed past the two horses and began walking after Stefan. Her heart began to pound a little faster when she heard the horses behind her following. Elena picked up her pace, nearly running. She turned around in horror to see the two horses picking up their own pace right behind her.

Elena didn't stop until she collided with a hard surface. She looked up to see Stefan looking less than amused. "Watch where you are going" he said, leaving her once again. The horses continued to stare at her. "Hi" she said, standing there awkwardly. She stuck her hand out, then pulled it back suddenly when the horse went to sniff her.

She turned around and slowly walked into the barn, looking for Stefan. The horses followed her. "Stefan?" she asked.

"In here" she heard, coming from the tack room. Stefan walked out with two saddles and other equipment that she did not recognize. "Feel like going for a ride?" he asked, though not really caring whether she wanted to or not. Stefan whistled again and his two horses came walking up. Elena watched as Stefan got the horses situated, tying ropes on either side of them. "Cross ties" he said, watching Elena study what he was doing. "Grab a brush" he instructed.

Elena hesitated. "I think I'll just watch" she said nervously.

Stefan grabbed her arm and began dragging her toward Cash. He put the brush in her hand and held on to it as he demonstrated what to do. "He won't bite, I promise" Stefan told her, taking her other hand and placing it on the horse's nose. Elena nervously smiled as she began petting the horse. "He's really soft" Elena said, more to herself than to Stefan.

"You're such a girl" he laughed, brushing out his own horse. Elena let that comment go. She liked soft things.

Stefan had both horses saddled and ready to go before she knew it. "We're just going on a trail ride, so Cash will just follow alongside Ben" he said, pulling her reigns back for her. "But just in case, lay the reigns across the right side of his neck to go left and vice versa to go right. Pull back to stop" he instructed. Elena nodded. "Alright, give me your leg" he said, grabbing it before she was even ready and lifting her up. Elena swung her leg over the saddle and sat there stiffly, afraid she would fall. "Feet in the stirrups, hands on the reigns" he told her. Elena nodded.

Stefan got up on his own horse and kicked him forward with Elena's horse following. They were silent for almost five minutes as they walked down the tail. "So how long have you had these guys?" Elena asked finally.

Stefan looked up at the moon. "Fifteen years" he answered. "When I was ten, I found them as babies, just a few days old, dehydrated and by themselves. Someone had left them at an old abandoned farm Damon and I use to play at" he explained. "I begged to keep them and ended up training them myself" he said proudly.

"Damon?" Elena asked.

Stefan looked over at her briefly. "My brother. You will have the unfortunate pleasure of meeting him soon" he added.

Elena decided it would be best to not get into sibling drama just yet. "You're the last person I would have thought could rescue baby horses and train them" she said, patting the horse she was on.

Stefan grinned. "Careful now. Wouldn't want you to change your mind about me" he said, pushing his horse closer to hers so his leg bumped into hers playfully.

"Yeah, wouldn't want that" Elena agreed, looking straight ahead instead of where his leg was touching hers.

"So" Stefan said casually. "You know I have a brother. Tell me about your family." They had to know this stuff.

Elena ignored the prickling tears in the back of her eyes, telling herself it was just the icy wind nipping at her. "I have a younger brother, Jeremy. He lives in California now" she answered.

There was more silence, save for the saddles creaking as the horses walked. "What about your parents?" Stefan asked.

Elena swallowed back the lump in her throat. "They died a few years ago" she said, leaving it at that. She did not feel the need to go into detail.

"Mine died when I was really young" Stefan said, the lack of emotion in his voice not going unnoticed by Elena. "My uncle raised me and my older brother Damon" he added.

Elena took note of the silence once again and decided to move the bonding along. "So, besides chasing girls around and sleeping with them, what else do you do for fun?" she asked him.

"Ouch" he laughed. "I do have a job" he admitted. Elena looked at him with shock. "Shocking, I know. I handle the social media aspects of my uncle's publishing company. It allows me to work from home" he explained.

"I'm impressed" Elena admitted.

"Well I'm an impressive guy" Stefan stated. Elena rolled her eyes. "So tell me, do you plan on being a waitress forever?" he asked.

"You act like it is the worst thing ever" Elena told him, feeling slightly agitated with him. "I make an honest living. I don't sit at home and play on Facebook all day."

"No need to get defensive" he told her. "That was just my indirect way of asking what you are going to do with the million dollars I'm giving you" he shrugged.

"That's hardly any of your business" Elena said sternly. Her reasons were personal. She felt irritated with him suddenly and wanted to go back. They had talked about things she had never wanted to talk about tonight. "I'm tired. I want to go back" she said, pulling back on the reigns.

Stefan felt the need to get defensive too. "Have you always been such a bitch?" he asked her, suddenly getting irritated with her.

"Yeah, I have" she retorted, swinging her leg out of the saddle and getting off of the horse. Stefan looked at her in disbelief. "I'm walking back" she said angrily, throwing the reigns at him and storming off.

"Mature!" he called after her. The last thing he saw was her sticking her middle finger up at him as she disappeared.

Stefan turned the horses around and hurried back towards the barn. He grumbled the whole way, trying to remind himself of why he had chosen her to pull his brilliant plan off with.

When Stefan finally made it back to the house, he dragged himself up the stairs. He stopped off at her room, opening the door slightly to see if she was still awake. The light was off and she was silent. He figured she had gone to sleep, or she was doing a really good job at pretending she to be asleep. Stefan crept into her room silently and placed two documents on the desk for her to look at in the morning. The same documents they had gone over at The Grill, but with minor corrections.

Stefan looked over at her one last time before leaving her room. He shut the door silently, resisting the urge to slam it and disturb her. He was too tired to be a jerk.

XXXXXXXXXXX

Stefan hated parties, even ones thrown in his honor. And he was scared as hell because Elena had not spoken to him in four days ever since their little fight. He was too frustrated to deal with her childishness at this point. He had tried to apologize, only for her to ignore him. He tried to buy her things and she just threw them away. He didn't know what to do, so he was now waiting anxiously downstairs for her.

It was their engagement party they were on their way to. After Stefan had broken the news to his uncle, Zach had insisted a proper engagement party be thrown so everyone could meet the newest member of the family. Stefan had listened for a hint of suspicion in Zach's words, but he did not detect any. Stefan figured that Damon would have plenty to say about this sudden engagement though.

Stefan was starting to sweat it a little. He had left Elena a note detailing the event, including what time she should be ready by. She was already five minutes late. He continued to glance at his watch, feeling 12 million dollars slipping away from him second by agonizingly slow, second.

"Afraid I'd bail?" she asked from the top of the stairs. Stefan turned to look up at her immediately. He had to force his jaw to stay shut as he watched her walk slowly down the stairs, her green dress moving with her as she stepped. Elena stopped at the last step and stared at him. He was staring at her and not saying anything. "Is something wrong?" she asked.

It took Stefan a second to comprehend what she had asked. But he finally shook his head no. "Definitely not" he replied, clearing his suddenly dry throat. "We uh, we should get going" he told her. Elena simply nodded as she walked passed him, grabbing her jacket off of the chair as she passed. Stefan remained where he was and continued to stare at her. Was this the plain, simple waitress he had brought home a few days ago? No. This was his soon to be hot wife who he would get to parade around in front of his brother, proving that he had better luck in women than Damon.

Elena turned back around after putting on her jacket. "Do you want to be late?" she asked with a snarky bite in her tone. Stefan forced his feet to move and followed her out of the house.

XXXXXXXXXXX

Elena's eyes almost bugged out of her head when she walked into the ballroom of a hotel that was decorated for her engagement party. Yes, her engagement party. If she had to put up with him, these parties would be known as hers. Her jacket was taken promptly as she looked around the room. Stefan came up behind her, his hand placed firmly on her back. "You ready for this?" he whispered in her ear. Elena took a small breath and nodded. Stefan had prepared her during the ride over on what behavior his family would be expecting from them both. Stefan smiled when he saw his brother and sister-in-law staring at them from across the room. "We have an audience" Stefan said, slowly turning her to face him. Stefan sincerely hoped that Elena was ready to play along.

Stefan cupped her face, leaned in, and kissed her passionately. It almost made Elena lose her balance, but he held her tight. Elena gripped his jacket, pulling him closer. The kiss seemed to last forever, until a throat clearing interrupted them.

Stefan pulled away from Elena, but not before placing one more soft kiss on her lips. He pulled Elena into his chest, holding her close as he addressed his brother. "Damon, you sure do know how to ruin a moment, don't you" Stefan smirked. Elena hoped her face had returned to normal after being caught off guard by Stefan's kiss. Truth be told, she was still feeling the effects of it, continuing to hold on to Stefan to keep her up right.

"Nice PDA, little brother" Damon said. He turned his attention to Elena and cocked his head to the side. "You must be my brother's bed warmer of the week. Congratulations" he said, an amused look on his face when her face hardened.

"I ask that you not talk to my fiancé like that" Stefan said, a challenging tone in his voice. "After all, I don't talk like that about yours" Stefan reminded.

"If I remember correctly, I was keeping you warm in bed first, among other things" came Katherine's voice from behind Stefan and Elena. Both turned to look at the young woman, dressed in a long black dress with long dark curls cascading down around her.

Elena felt uncomfortable suddenly. Stefan had been with this woman? She was gorgeous. Her hair was perfect and she dressed so elegantly. "Katherine. How lovely to see you again" Stefan grinned. "Please, I would like you to meet Elena. My fiancé" he introduced.

Katherine raised her eyebrow as she looked the other young woman over. "Wow, Stefan" she began. "You really are marrying below you, aren't you" she said, a smirk appearing on her face. "Where'd you find this one? The corner?" she asked.

Before Stefan could reply, Elena spoke up, finding this spoiled woman to be irritating. "Clearly, you were never taught any manners. Katherine, was it?" Elena asked. Katherine's smirk disappeared slowly as she realized this woman before her was challenging her. "So, when you have the decency to properly greet me, please feel free to approach me" Elena told her. Katherine was full on glaring at Elena now. "Stefan, shall we?" Elena asked. Stefan was smiling proudly by this point. Someone had finally stood up to Katherine Pierce-Salvatore. Stefan grabbed Elena's hand with his own and led the way to find his uncle.

Katherine was seething when she walked towards Damon. "Did you see the way she treated me?" Katherine asked. When Damon laughed, Katherine hit him in the shoulder. "She can't talk to me like that!" Katherine whined.

Damon shrugged. "Sorry, Babe. She's got spunk. I think you've finally met your match" he told her.

Katherine scowled. "Why I haven't divorced you yet?" she asked angrily.

Damon grabbed a drink from a tray and smiled. "Because you love my money" he said, toasting to her and taking a long sip. Katherine huffed as she spun on her heel and left. Damon took another sip of his drink and turned back to look at Stefan and Elena on the other side of the room. He already knew his brother was faking this marriage proposal. Now all Damon had to do was prove it. Elena was going to help him do that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 144 16
This is another Steroline fanfic and has a couple of characters from PLL but has nothing to do with the actual plot of either shows ;). Just made fro...
921K 22.4K 44
❝ Love has reasons which reason cannot understand. ❞ [THE VAMPIRE DIARIES] [1x01 - 3x14] cover credit; argentsvogue
1K 16 29
Stefan Salvatore and Elena Gilbert Salvatore finally got married. Though both vampires, Elena and Stefan somehow managed to procreate. They have two...
1.1K 67 33
Stelena story