Destined to be together

By Sacnite00

Two people completely different from one another. Yet destined to be together. Dimitri Martínez CEO of Martín... More

Author's note
Character Sketch
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 1

64K 1.2K 230
By Sacnite00

"Sir you have a meeting with the Miller's today and also it's your parent's anniversary so you have to attend the dinner party tonight."

yeah sure, I remember.

"Uhm.. Sir your father called, he wanted to know the details about the internship program."

Yeah, I'll take care of that.

"So the deal is final."

Thank you, Mr. Miller, it's a pleasure doing business with you.

"Oh, Dimitri, the pleasure is all mine."

That went well.

* Message notification*

[ Mom]
I know you are busy but don't be late tonight. I will wait for you. Love you son.

A small smile came to his face. Which is a rare sight to see. Even his closed one has barely seen him smiling.
He checked the time 7:35 pm, closed the laptop, popped his phone in his trouser pocket, and looked over at the gift bag lying on the table.

She is going to love it.

The elevator door opened and he came face to face with the receptionist smiling showing her teeth.

What is she so happy about?

He doesn't recall a single day when he hasn't seen her smiling.
But she is efficient in her work and that's all that matters to him.

He didn't even glance at her and started walking.

"wait, bro."

I know that voice too well.

"What are you doing here?
How many times I have told you not to come here unless you have some work? " I glanced at David coldly.

David my younger brother.

" For your information, I came here for some actual work."

"And what was that?" I said sternly.

"Dad's work."

I gave him a cold stare knowing it was a complete lie, he was hanging out with his friends as usual.

" come on now let's go we are getting late. I have been waiting so long I got hungry, come on!"

We get on my Mercedes and start the engine.

"Why were you waiting for me you should have gone already?"

" I wanted to spend some time with you all you do is work all day, you don't even come home, you know mom is always worried about you, you should visit often."

By the way, do you know what happened today........

And here it comes

David, you speak way too much.

He keeps on babbling useless things and showing me some pictures that he clicked.

He may be dumb in his studies but he is a good photographer.

I have to admit some of his photos are good.

" Dude lookout...."

Shit.....

The car come to a sudden halt with a loud squeal.

What the fuck is wrong with you, are you fucking blind?

Don't you know how to cross a road?

I opened the car in a hurry and rushed out shouting for being so irresponsible.

If you have a plan to die ......

My words came to a halt as I saw the girl shaking in front of me, tears dripping from her face, she looked terrified.

These stupid kids.

I rubbed my temple in anger.
She was silent. She didn't say a word.

Speak up!

I shouted. I hate it when people don't answer me.

Still no answer.

And then I realized something was wrong with her, something was not normal.

She was getting pale with every second passing and that's when I noticed she wasn't breathing.

What the fuck!

David seems to notice it too.

" Hey, hey look at me, look at me" David lift her chin slowly and calmly but from his tone, I knew he was nervous.

" Breathe, come on try to breathe," David told her.

This seems to work as the girl tried to take a little breath and then the speed increased.

She started breathing rapidly trying to fill her lungs with as much air as she can.

More tears start pouring down her eyes. As her breathing starts to get a little normal she pushed us and crossed the road running.

"wow, what's wrong with her?" David said sounding as clueless as I am.

Stupid teenagers, "get in."

We both get in the car and head towards the party.

" Happy Anniversary mom, dad" David yelled hugging our parents.

" Oh, thank you son" mom said hugging him back and giving him a quick kiss.

Happy anniversary. I wished them hugging.

"Thank you, son, and thank you for coming," my mom said hugging me back.

" I see you have come alone why didn't you bring your girlfriend we want to meet her too," my dad said taking a sip from his drink.

"First of all dad, I don't have a girlfriend and you know very well that relationships are not my cup of tea."

" All men say that until they meet the right one." my dad said giving a quick kiss to my mom.

"We'll see." I said sternly.

"Have you guys arranged any food or something I am getting hungry?" David yelled

"Of course honey, " mom laughed.

I went to the bar ordered a whiskey and gulp it down in one shot.

All of a sudden the girl's face came flashing in front of me. Her tear-stained face, how she was struggling to breathe.

Have I drunk too much already?

"Dimitri" my dad called placing a hand on my shoulder.
Son I would like you to meet Mr. and Mrs. Goldberg one of our most reliable business partners and one of my old friends too my dad said giving him a side hug.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Goldberg."

"Nice to meet you too, young man."

"And this beautiful lady here is Delilah Goldberg their one and only daughter" my dad introduced her with a small cough.

I know very well what he meant.

"Nice to meet you, Delilah."

"Nice to meet you too." she nodded lightly.

"we'll let you two chat." my dad said laughing

"so I am guessing you are single and your parents are trying to set you up with someone and that's why you are stuck here with me now," Delilah said taking a sip from her wine.

Delilah was looking beautiful and genuine. Not like the daughters of other friends of my dad who just want to get into a successful and rich family.

I have seen her before a couple of times when we were both young. She is a couple of years younger than me but we have never talked before.

"yeah, and I think it's the same for you too," I said looking at her

she smiled. taking another sip.

April

Being adult sucks. Why do we have to grow up? Why can't we be kids forever?
Uhhh...... I hate everyone.
It's my final year of college and I still don't know what I want to do in life? I am so confused. Why am I so confused? Why am I confused about everything?

I was peacefully over thinking about my life and then the professor called.
They won't even let me overthink properly ugh...

"April what is the break-even point?" the professor asked.

Before I could think what break-even point was my brain was telling me that I am standing in the middle of the class looking at my professor as if I have seen a ghost, and all the students were staring at me.

Before anything else started processing in my mind my body started to sweat, my hands started to shake, my vision was blurred, and I could not breathe.

It felt like hours though it had been only a minute or two my professor asked me to sit down and as I closed my eye in relief I felt a tear drop down my cheeks.

God why I am so weird?

Thankfully the class was over soon.
I quickly gathered my books, put them in my bag, and headed towards the library. The safe place where no one would talk to me and I can read in peace.

And before I knew it was 5 pm time to head back home.

Not so soon.
I bought a pack of potato chips and started walking.
It takes about 1 hour from my college to home but today I'll walk a little and then take the bus.

*phone ringing*
[dad]
why is he calling me?

Hello?

"what the fuck do you do all day can't even pick up the call, you bitch."

And here it comes.

I don't want to start crying in the middle of the road. It's embarrassing.

Come on April control yourself.
Don't cry.
Now it makes me wanna cry more.
Come on breathe, breathe.

I took a long breath.

I was in the class.

"Don't you fucking give me an excuse and how dare you to talk back to me huh?"

Don't cry. Don't cry.

"Get your fucking ass at home right now, you useless piece of shit."

*call ends*

Breathe. Just breathe.

My long, refreshing walk is pretty much done. I don't want to think about what will happen when I get back home.

The bus is late again today.
Seriously do you want me to die?

Finally, the bus came after an hour.

I was so into my thoughts that I didn't notice I have already reached my bus
stop.

The more I get close to my house the more I started shaking with fear because I knew exactly what will happen when I step my foot inside the house.

I was so into my thoughts I didn't notice when the red signal turned green.
Before my realization hit me I was in front of a car.

Okay, this is it.
This is the ending.
This is how I am going to die.
Better than being dead at home.

I shut my eyes close and soon I heard a loud squeal.

what the fuck is wrong with you, are you fucking blind? Don't you know how to cross the road?

Someone opened the car in a hurry and rushed out shouting at me for being irresponsible.

But all I could hear was their harsh words and his harsh words over the phone.

Get your fucking ass at home right now, you useless piece of shit.

All those words keep coming back to me again and again and again.

Okay, now I'm having a panic attack. In the middle of the road with a stranger shouting at me.

If you have a plan to die ...... the man stopped yelling midway.

I started shaking, tears dropping from my face, I was terrified.

Speak up! The man shouted.

I... I can't breathe. I can't breathe.

I started struggling to breathe

" Hey, hey look at me, look at me," a man said lifting my chin slowly and calmly.

Okay, this is bad, this is getting worse.
Someone was touching me.
A man... a man was touching me.

"Breath, come on try to breathe," the man told me.

Weirdly my brain focused on getting air in my lungs than a man touching me.

I tried to take a little breath and then the speed increased. I started breathing rapidly trying to fill my lungs with as much air as I can.

More tears start pouring down my eyes.
As my breathing starts to get a little normal I realized the man was still touching my chin and all I could sense was danger.

I have to run. Run for my life.

I pushed the man and crossed the road running. I kept running until I reach my home.
As soon as I opened the door more harsh words and yelling came back to me but I was too shocked and panicked to register any of those.

A/N: First chapter!!!
I know it just started but what do you guys think about it?
Do Let me know.
Also, vote if you like it.

Thank you.🌿

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115 44 13
Sage is an assasin. She is a prisoner. She hates the man who put her in this position. She allowed herself to be kidnapped for love. She's an assasin...
98.8K 1.9K 39
𝐄𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐭 𝐃𝐞 𝐋𝐮𝐜𝐚 25 years old, a billionaire and Mafia Don. Everyone fears, admires and respects him. 𝐒𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐕𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐬 20 yea...
6.4K 153 17
***Trigger warning: torture, blood, suicidal thoughts, self-harm, substance abuse, rape, eating disorder, gore, abortion attempt, abortion*** A 20 ye...
80.3K 971 58
{EDITING PROCESS} *BOOK ONE OF TWO* When a high school student named Davina Smith faces her senior year after a tragedy in her family, suddenly finds...