Don't you remember us? - Preg...

By Pregame_Saihara

I thought it would be cool to write a story like this and I'm gonna forget all my ideas about it very quickly... More

But, we were-
I'm sorry
How could you..
Morning sleepyhead~
Partners in crime
:>

The Motive

11.6K 255 911
By Pregame_Saihara

Shuichi POV:

Kaede was gone. Taken from us within seconds. To watch her struggle against the rope around her neck. Watch her gasp for breath. Only for her to be crushed under a bed of spikes. I couldn't believe it. It had to have been a nightmare. A dream I could escape from if I just woke up.

But that wasn't the reality.

She was dead.

And I couldn't save her.

I didn't come out of my room for days. I didn't want to see anyone. I ignored the voice of the bear that killed her. I ignored my classmates calls through the door. I just sat there. I didn't have a reason to go out there. Just to be reminded that she wasn't there anymore. She was so kind. I cared about her. But she was gone. Dead.

After about four days of not leaving my room, Kaito came to my door. I didn't want to talk. But I was starving and dehydrated. So I answered the door.

Kaito burst in, forcing me to stumble back. "Are you ok, sidekick?". Kaito said in a worried voice. "You look terrible."

"Wow, thanks. But I'm fine." I lied.

"You don't look it. Have you eaten anything since the trial?" He questioned. I looked at the floor and shook my head. "You need to eat something, sidekick!" He said this whilst grabbing my hand and dragging me out of my room, slamming the door for me.

"Kaito please!" I exclaimed trying to get him to let go.

"Shuichi. I'm worried about you. Please just eat something and I'll leave you alone." He begged, turning to me and gripping my shoulders.

'Please keep going. For me Shuichi'

I looked at him in the eyes, remembering what Kaede had said.
"Fine." I muttered. He smiled a sweet smile and we continued walking to the dining hall. I didn't even realise I didn't have my hat until we entered the room and everyone stared at me.

"Pooichi! Where's your fuckin emo hat? You finally muster up the courage to check the clicks out without being secretive?" Miu blurted out with a laugh.

"Shut up you filthy cum dumpster! Who would want to check you out?!" Kokichi replied with a smirk.

"Eek!"

I sighed and looked at the floor. "I left it in my room."

"Well I think you look nice without it." Kirumi said with a smile.

"Yeah! You don't look to bad for a degenerate male!" Tenko piped in.

"T-t-thank you guys." I mumbled, sitting down with Kaito and Maki. Kirumi placed a plate of pancakes infront of me and a glass of orange juice and I quickly dug in. I was so hungry and it was so good. Everything was going well until-

"Heya kiddos!" The monitor emitted that familiar maniacal voice through the speakers. I sat there with a shocked look on my face. 'It can't happen again' I thought. 'No one else deserves to die'.

"Please make your way to the gym! I have a special surprise for you all! Or at least, for one of you." He laughed and the monitor flickered off.

"It's really still happening." Himiko muttered.

"Don't worry everyone! Atua will protect us all!" Angie said cheerfully.

"Yes! And Gonta will protect everyone as well! Like gentleman!"

We all finally arrived at the gym where monokuma was waiting on his podium, surrounded by the monokubs, minus monokid.

"We all here? Good!" Monokuma exclaimed.

"Just tell us what you want you two toned freak!" Miu shouted annoyed.

"Ok ok! Well kiddos! I have a new motive for you!" My heart dropped. It was really going to happen again.

"However! This motive is special! It will only affect one person!" The hall was filled with whispers, echoing through the tall room. Suddenly the floor behind the podium opened up and the monokubs pulled out, what looked to be, a giant wheel with pictures of everyone on a different section. "The person will be decided by this wheel of misfortune!"

"Yeah! And daddy will use the motive on whoever it lands on!" Monophanie yelled.

"So you bastards better brace yourselves! You never know who will be picked!" Monosuke blared.

"Aaww your all just too cute!" Monokuma stated.

"But what will happen to the person it lands on?" Ryoma asked, pulling down the front of his hat.

"You'll just have to wait and see! Now! Spin! The! Wheel!" As he said that, all four remaining monokubs spun the wheel at once. It spiralled in a circle of colour. It was almost hypnotising. The wheel eventually slowed and abruptly stopped. I felt my face pale.

"Shuichi Saihara!" The bears announced in unison. I stumbled back, unable to speak.

"Wait! Don't do it!" Kaito boomed. Maki looked nearly worried. Everyone was looking at me in disbelief. They all looked equally worried.

"P-p-please-" was all I could mutter before I was dragged away by the monokubs, kicking at the floor.

They brought me into a big black room with what looked like at electric chair in the middle. I shuffled and fought against the monokubs grasp but I couldn't escape. My body wouldn't let me scream or shout. Just whimper with tears creeping down my face. They placed me on the chair and tight clasps snapped around my wrists, ankles and waist. Monodam pushed a large camera infront of me and started filming. I was still weeping, terrified about what was going to happen. They placed a helmet type thing on my head and it locked around me. I struggled in the chair, trying to somehow escape. But it was to no avail.

Kokichi's POV:

Shuichi was dragged away, like we were watching his execution begin. He looked terrified and on the verge of tears. I was genuinely worried about him. I covered my mouth whilst standing at the back so that no one would notice my worry. Suddenly a screen lowered from the ceiling and it flicked on, showing Shuichi clamped to a chair with a helmet on his head. Wires were connected to the helmet and they lead far behind him. He looked even more scared and he was crying. I felt terrible. I wanted to help but I knew there was nothing I could do. In the background, monotaro walked up to a large switch attached to a machine. He flipped the switch and we all watched in horror. Shuichi stopped struggling. His pupils were tiny and he looked almost dead. Tears were still streaming down his face. I couldn't bare to watch but I couldn't look away for some reason. Neither could any of the others. The only sounds were mutters and light breathing.

Shuichi then looked calm. Like nothing had happened. He looked around the dark room and the clamps released. I was relieved that nothing too serious had happened to him. He wasn't dead at least. The screen then switched off and shifted back into the gap in the ceiling. We heard the gym door open and in walked the monokubs, dragging Shuichi behind them. He looked confused, like he didn't know where he was. When he entered the gym, he looked at all of us and the expression on his face changed. He looked excited. His eyes were shining from amazement and he looked like a little kid meeting his idle.

"Puhuhu! Meet your new Shuichi!" Monokuma announced.

"What do you mean? He doesn't look any different." Korekiyo said calmly, moving his hands to gesture towards Shuichi.

"Well! Let me explain!" The bear yelled in excitement. He walked over to Shuichi and tapped his leg. "This motive changed Shuichi's personality all together! This new Shuichi is from his time before you were all brought here! But don't bother asking him any questions about the outside world! Because we removed those memories! It would be too easy if he knew!" Everyone stared at Shuichi. Sure he looked exactly the same but he didn't look as timid. He had a different vibe to him. "Oh! And just so he's comfortable! I'll change his uniform back to when he first came here! Puhuhu! Toodle-oo!" Monokuma then disappeared as well as the monokubs.

There was a moment of silence until we heard Shuichi muttering to himself. I couldn't quite hear it until I stepped closer.

"I'm actually here. I'm on the show. I'm on danganronpa. I can't believe it. It's really it." He kept repeating things like that. I was confused as hell when big mouthed Kaito spoke.

"Sidekick! Are you ok?" Kaito slapped Shuichi's back but he didn't stumble like he usually would.

"Sidekick?" Shuichi questioned.

"Shuichi? Do you remember anything?" Tsumugi asked.

Shuichi seemed to think for a moment before speaking. "We're in a killing game right?" He asked, smiling. It was a creepy smile. Too wide for him in this situation.

"Yes. But do you remember anything else?" Kiibo asked.

"Yes! We're on danganronpa! You're all ultimates aren't you!" He said practically jumping with joy.

Tsumugi stepped forward before anyone could figure out what he said. "I think that monokuma did something to him so he doesn't know what's happening."

"Huh? No I'm-" Tsumugi cut him off.

"I'll take him to his room so he can rest." She said before dragging him out of the gym by the arm. He scrambled after her and we all stood there speechless.

"Well. We should pick up on this later. When Shuichi gets back." Kirumi suggested. We all agreed and went our separate ways.

Shuichi's POV:

I can't believe I'm actually on danganronpa! I've always loved this show and now I'm finally on it! I can't believe my audition was accepted! Does that mean I'm the ultimate detective like I requested? I still can't believe what's happening!

Tsumugi was dragging me down the hall to my room. She was a member of team danganronpa and I knew her from school. I can't believe she's here with me!

"So Shuichi? Are you feeling any better?" She said when we stopped outside of a room.

"Of course! I feel great!" I grabbed her shoulders. "We're actually on danganronpa Tsumugi! I've dreamed of this day for years!" Tsumugi took my hands off her and she sighed.

"Yes well you need to keep quiet about that." She said quietly. I was confused.

"Why?"

"Because the others don't know it's a show!" She whisper shouted.

"What? Why?!" I questioned.

"Because their memories were erased! Ok? They can't know!"

"You're the mastermind aren't you?"

"W-what? How did you-"

I smirked. "You're the only other one that knows it's a show then. You're obviously the mastermind. You're also a member of team danganronpa. You have the power to do it. We also used to talk about you wanting to be a mastermind in the show. It's obvious." I slowly walked towards her, keeping eye contact while talking. I had watched this show enough to spot the mastermind.

"Ok. Fine. But you need to keep that a secret. So the game can go on." She pushed me away and dusted off her dress.

"Fine. But if you didn't want me to know, why did you give me my memories?" I asked.

"I didn't want to. Monokuma did. I barely have any control. Now please just go into your room and change. I'll be in the dining hall waiting for you."

"Ok." I did as she said and went into the room with my picture on it. I walked over to the wardrobe and opened it to find my uniform. It was a black suit with a blue tie. There were also multiple hats. I changed into it and walked to the dining hall to meet Tsumugi.

(Hey! So. This is a story I'm actually quite excited to write. I'm a pregame Shuichi kinnie me I love his character overall so I like writing about him. The ship also seemed interesting so I thought I'd give it a shot. Hope you guys enjoyed! If you have any suggestions about what you think should happen next please let me know. But anyway! Toodle-oo!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.2K 1.9K 21
⚠️ Warnings ⚠️ -child neglect -bullying -homophobia -dark thoughts -anxiety -ED -abuse -intrusive thoughts? -swearing(canon language) {non-desp...
206 12 13
(WRITING IN PROGRESS) Kokichi, a kind, extroverted boy, moved out to a new city and dropped out in a new school: Spring Field Academy, he quickly mad...
22.8K 1K 20
After Shuichi had been killed during the 53rd killing game, he was informed that everything that had taken place was a virtual simulation. His nurse...
376K 12.7K 52
Shuichi Saihara wasn't fond of Kokichi Ouma at first, but a killing game trapped in a school with fifteen other people can change someone's mind. A l...