~ π™§π™šπ™™π™™π™žπ™š π™€π™£π™šπ™¨π™π™€π™©...

By livvyyloveswriting

cute reddie oneshots :) . . . - if you'd like a continuation of one particular chapter please comment and... More

two : bubbles
three : netflix special
four : nightmares
five : scrapbook
six : sundaes
seven : carnival
eight : slurpees

one : musty red ute

1.6K 23 15
By livvyyloveswriting

The chilly afternoon breeze gently caressed the sun-kissed cheeks of Eddie Kaspbrak. His fluffy, chocolate-coloured hair flowed majestically in the wind as he settled behind his pristine white desk, gazing out of his open window.

The boy's mind was plagued with the music that was blasting out of his earphones, the wire was tangled as it drooped below the desk stopping at Eddie's phone which was shoved carelessly into his jean pocket. He was listening to a playlist made by himself, named 'chill vibes'. This consisted of his favourite songs, ones that helped him unwind as he slipped into a calm headspace.

Get you the moon - Kine, Snøw

Sunflower - Post Malone, Swae Lee

Falling - Harry Styles

Comfort Crowd - Conan Gray

Sweet tooth - Cavetown

July - Noah Cyrus

Bruises - Lewis Capaldi

Kindergarten - chloe moriondo

Eddie quietly hummed the melody to 'Adore You' by Harry Styles as he sketched in his book. He made thoughtful marks on the page as he glanced at his reference, replicating the significant details of his best friend perfectly. From Richie Tozier's cute freckled nose to his bulky ebony glasses and drowsy umber eyes.

He scribbled a little quote into the corner. 'I can't help but love you, even though I try not to.' From the song 'War of Hearts' by Ruelle.

Eddie couldn't express himself in any words except for song lyrics. He wrote a quote onto each drawing of his best friend, imagining the taller, curly-haired boy reading through each one.

Realistically, he wouldn't ever give Richie these drawings, or ever tell him how he feels, even if it was through song lyrics.

He sighed as he picked up the paper, the sun rays shining through the sheet as he scrunched it up into a sphere. The last thing Eddie wanted was for his best friend to find these sketches that had numerous confessions illustrated onto them. Several of them scribbled with the name 'Eddie Tozier' or 'Richie Kaspbrak'. Others with doodles of the two friends hugging, some even kissing.

Eddie reddened at the thought, it was fairly obvious he had a crush on Richie, obvious to everyone apart from Richie himself.

Beverly Marsh, one of Eddie's close friends had picked up on the crush first. It was freshman year and Richie and Eddie were more inseparable than ever. Bev picked up on small glances in class, hugs that lasted too long, and how Eddie would always make an excuse to touch Richie one way or another.

Bill denbrough, Eddie's closet friend -aside from Richie himself- found out once Eddie had come out to Bill. Though he always had a slight suspicion that Eddie was gay, or liked Richie romantically

The rest of the losers -which is what they call their friend group because the 7 best friends were considered weird, and outcasts- found out when they were having a sleepover at Richie's house. They were stupidly playing seven minutes in heaven because they were bored. Stanley Uris and Richie Tozier were sent to the closet together, and Eddie was fuming. It was obvious that he was jealous of Stan and was miserable the entire night.

After that day, everyone apart from Richie himself knew Eddie had fallen deep for the stupid, unsanitary, totally not funny at all, messy, absolutely gorgeous boy named Richie Tozier.

The freckled boy rapidly ignored his thoughts, swivelling his attention back to the music. The song that was currently playing gave Eddie goosebumps. His song was suddenly interrupted though, as rocks were being thrown through his window.

One small stone hit Eddie on the forehead, causing him to groan in pain.

"What the fuck!?" Eddie cursed as he stood up, rubbing the mark on his forehead as he death stared the shaggy boy that was a story below him.

"Get in whore we're going shopping!" Richie yelled back, his hands cupping around his mouth for emphasis. Eddie smiled at the mean girl's quote and paused the music on his phone. He placed the small device on the desk.

The petite boy rolled his eyes as he watched his best friend dance back towards his Ute. He was so stupid, yet so kind and the best person Eddie knows.

Eddie has escaped many times before, but it still shook him to the core every time his vans collided with the grass. Soon enough, Eddie was running towards his best friend's car. He jumped into shotgun beside Richie, smiling at his best friend as he stepped on the gas before Sonia Kaspbrak could notice the car parked outside her house.

The curly-haired boy was blasting Katy Perry's 'Daisies' because she was "A brilliant singer and needs more hype."
And Eddie couldn't disagree even if he wanted to.

"How is Mrs K Eds?" Richie asked, Eddie waited as he knew there would be more. He mentally prepared himself for the joke, promising himself he wouldn't laugh. "She must be pretty sore from last night, I was fucking her long and hard." Richie continued, smirking into the mirror as he directed it at Eddie. The smaller boy groaned and turned to look out of the window.

"You're so gross." Eddie rolled his eyes. Richie smiled, his gaze fixated on the road in front of him. "You love me." He giggled. Unfortunately, Eddie thought.

He short boy continued to stare out the window, unable to look at Richie as the song 'New' by Daya played on the radio.

Eddie could hear Richie quietly singing the lyrics under his breath. The sun-kissed boy smiled at the sound of Richie's angelic voice, Eddie loved it with his entire heart. Richie had such a profound, incredible voice, but he was so insecure about it.

Don't want new, I want you.

...

I'm thinking about you.

...

I'm missing you

I'm missing you

What the hell did I do?

Messing with someone new

Thinking I wanted to

I don't want new I want you

I'm missing you

I'm missing you

I'm missing you.

I want you.

"Seriously Eds, how are you doing?" Richie perked up, turning slightly to look at Eddie who was still gawking out the window. Richie frowned at the silence from the smaller boy.

"Come on Eds." Richie insisted. "Don't call me that," Eddie grumbled, unable to hide the smile on his complexion from Richie's concern.

"I'm fine Richie, Henry is still being a dickhead but it's fine," Eddie confessed, finally turning to face Richie. "If he wasn't a minor I would beat the shit out of him." Richie hissed as Eddie brought up Bowers.

"It's fine Richie, we've almost graduated, we're so close, then we don't need to deal with any of this highschool bullshit." Eddie paused, once again staring out the window as he imagined the future. "We can get out of this shit hole town, study in college or some shit and become people that matter." Eddie finished. Richie smiled at this but then frowned at the thought of separating.

"Do you think we'll be friends after graduation?" Richie asked. The song 'feelings are fatal' by mxmtoon played. "You kidding me Chee?" Eddie chuckled, turning to face Richie. He frowned at the sad expression on Richie's face.

"Richie, you've been with me since middle school, you're stuck with me," Eddie spoke, his hand hovering on Richie's leg as he gently rubbed his thumb over Richie's knee, calming the tense boy.

"Yeah, we're stuck with each other Eds." Richie smiled, turning to lock eyes with Eddie before he turned back to the road.

"Don't call me that," Eddie mumbled, unable to hide the grin on his face.

He noticed as they got closer to their destination. He had memorised these roads as Richie would take Eddie here every Saturday without fail.

It started around two summers ago. Eddie had a big fight with his mother and ran away. Richie took his best friend to this special spot, and ever since, it's been their thing.

It was just theirs.

Forever and ever.

"You coming to Spaghetti?" Richie asked as he unbuckled his seat belt. Eddie nodded enthusiastically as he jumped out of the still-running car.

Richie was already sitting on the hood of his musty red Ute. Eddie struggled climbing up and ultimately gave up, reaching his arms towards Richie as the taller boy pulled at his freckled arms.

"Thank you," Eddie mumbled. He scooted over beside Richie, crawling under the pale yellow blanket that sat lowly on Richie's legs.

The two gazed into the distance, staring at the almost blinding sunset. They had the best view in the entire world here.
on the edge of a small cliff, sitting on the hood of Richie's ute, the waves crashing quietly below them as Richie's car still blasted his music.

Though what Eddie loves the most wasn't the view, it wasn't the ocean nor the car, not even the music.

Eddie loves Richie. He loves his presence, his jokes, the way a room just brightens up when he's there. He loves how Richie's nose scrunches up before he tells a joke, or how his eyes wrinkle and teeth bulge when he laughs. Eddie loves the way Richie's expressions change so quickly, and how his hair flows in the wind.

He loves the different colours Richie's eyes are in the sunlight, and how his freckles almost sparkle under the light. He loves the little high pitched squeak Richie makes as he giggles, and how he clutches his stomach when he's really laughing.

Eddie loves his stupid Hawaiian shirts and awful band tees. He loves the Billie beanie he would wear when his hair was too messy to brush. He particularly loves the little colourful bandaids Richie would cover his knees, hands and face with.

Though, nothing could beat the butterflies Richie's smile made in Eddie's stomach. None of these things could compare to the feeling of pure happiness and love Eddie felt when Richie would simply show up at Eddie's window, or wave to him at school. Even when he sat unnecessarily close to Eddie at lunch with the losers or the way his hot breath felt on Eddie's neck when he was whispering.

Not a single thing Eddie mentioned could compete with the fact Richie is Eddie's saviour. He always was, and always will be.

Eddie had loved Richie since they were 12, and after years and years of pining he finally came out as gay to the losers. Richie, of course, was the most supportive, and always asked Eddie about the guys he was 'talking' to, but of course, Eddie was only interested in Richie. Not that the taller boy knew that despite how obvious Eddie's feelings were.

Richie was king of obliviousness.

The moment he realised he loved Richie wasn't special in any possible way. It was scary and depressing if anything. Eddie had been beaten beyond belief by Henry and his gang, and his arm had snapped in two. Eddie stared into his best friends dark brown eyes as he snapped his arm back in place, despite Eddie's objections.

There was so logic to it, but he knew that Richie was always there for him. He knew Richie would keep him safe even if his own safety was at risk. This was further proven when Richie beat the shit out of Henry, and then got a black eye from Connor Bowers.

It was the day after when Richie showed up to school with a huge black eye. Eddie realised he loved his best friend, as he was the only one who tried to get back at Henry. And he was the only one who truly cared.

Coincidentally, as the two stared into the distance, watching the sunset slowly, 'Best Friend' by Rex Orange Country played from inside the car as Eddie snuggled into Richies side. He slowly closed his eyes and allowed sleep to take over as he whispered: "I love you." To Richie in a sleepy haze.

The taller boy's eyes widened, and Eddie lay there in shock as he realised what he had admitted. Still cuddling into Richie's side, Eddie sat up, bringing Richie with him as they locked eyes.

"What?" Richie chuckled, wondering if he misheard Eddie. Eddie could see the utter confusion in Richie's umber eyes. His eyes exhibited a look of pure fear which made Eddie's stomach churn and his heart ache.

"I-uH nothing." Eddie stammered, unlocking his arms from around Richie. He turned his face to avoid looking at Richie, far too embarrassed to face him, and unable to look into his terrified eyes.

Richie gently grabbed Eddie's chin with his hand, turning Eddie's face to look directly at Richie. The taller boy smiled as he stared into the pool of honey-brown in Eddie's eyes. They were sparkling in the sunlight, the slight glow of the sunset making Eddie's features turn slightly orange and more prominent.

In this moment, as Richie stared into Eddie's perfect eyes. While Eddie was gazing back, looking through his eyelashes sheepishly, not knowing what to do or how to react. Richie closed the small distance between the two, and it felt as if a small spark that was dimly lit inside both of them burst into flames, and fireworks shot into the sunset.

Almost as if the world revolved around them, essentially everything was finally perfect, and nothing else mattered as long as their lips stayed interlocked. Both pushing together, grabbing at each other's clothes desperately trying to savour this moment.

At this moment, all of Eddie's problems faded. His mother didn't matter, his deceased father didn't matter, the fact his best friend - Bill Denbrough was moving away, didn't matter. The only thing he cared about was the stupid, annoying, hot as fuck, curly-haired boy who was sitting in front of him.

As the two parted and the initial shock faded, they broke into a fit of giggles. They didn't dare break eye contact. Holding each other in a warm embrace as they tried to catch their breath. Cuddling under Richie's pale yellow blanket on his musty red Ute at about 6 pm on a Saturday was the best feeling either of them had ever felt. They couldn't care less about the rest of the world, they had each other and that's all that mattered.

Never wanting that feeling to fade as they snuggled closer to each other, watching as the sun drifted beyond the horizon and the clouds shifted, finally feeling content and safe in each other's embrace.

"I love you too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.7K 3.1K 74
"does he hurt you?" "do i look bruised?" "that's not what i mean."
4.7K 202 46
β‰ͺβ€’β—¦everyone gets a word on their wrist on their 16th birthday, and it's the same as their soulmates. if you tell them your word before you love them...
6.6K 280 49
eddie's independent, mike's a little obsessed with bill, ben's a little obsessed with beverly, beverly's very obsessed with bill, bill's a little col...