Cards of Tomorrow

By midnightsakurabloom

~A coming of age story~ 10 years have passed since all the cards have been changed to Sakura Cards. Sakura ha... More

Summer of Today
The Drift
Two Glasses
Miss Kinomoto
Devil's Chocolate
The Sun and the Moon
The Chosen One
Twin Bells
Mint
Spaghetti Night
Summer Festival
Cookies and Pastries
The Juno Swan
The Intruder
Last Night
The Piffle Princess
A Familiar Face
The Return Card
Breakfast at Syaoran's
Shiro
Announcement!
Snow Lilies
The Storm
The Watery, the Freeze and the Sheild
The Hope of Tomorrow
Announcement #2

Princess of China

751 27 4
By midnightsakurabloom

"Sakura! Is that youuuuuu!?" Meilin screamed from outside the door but loud enough to make every customer to look at her. A sweat dropped from Sakura's head. She waved her hand and called her in.

"Sakuraaaaaa! I can't believe I'm seeing you after so long!" Meilin cheered with excitement.

Meilin, Li's cousin had almost not changed at all. She had the same divine energy and the same bangs and the beautiful jet black hair cascading down her back. She still had the mischievous look in her cat eyes and her almost porcelain skin.

"Meilin! When did you come back?"

Meilin pulled out an extra chair and sat down beside her.

" I came back with Syaoran. What? He didn't inform you? Such an asshole" Meilin rolled her eyes.

Sakura glanced at Shiro who got up and bowed. "Nice to meet you. Sakura, I'll see you next time." Sakura tugged onto her apron.

"Geez. Who was that?" Meilin asked.

"It's Shiro. He's my boyfriend, kind of."

"Oh you're back to dating. That is interesting." Meilin chuckled.

"What about you Meilin?"

"I'm actually... Engaged" she blushed and looked away.

"WHAT?" Sakura screamed. Miku almost dropped the empty glass because of the jump scare and gave her a look.

"What?... Is it Li?" Sakura contemplated.

"No! He's sort of become an asshole to be honest. He's not the same anymore. I can't believe I had a crush on him when I was younger! But the person I'm with is a great person. I met him in college and we grew used to each other and now we're engaged. Also, he's always travelling so you'll get to meet him!"

Li is not the same anymore? It was true, the last time she met him he was almost like a different person. Like he grew out of his old shell and built another one to which she didn't have the key to.

"But tell me about you! And that cute outfit of yours! Did Tomoyo make that too?" Meilin asked

Sakura sighed.

"No it's for this stupid job."

"We should pay Tomoyo a visit! We can go in my car." Sakura looked at Meilin's earrings dangling with excitement.

"I actually... Haven't heard from Tomoyo since a long time."

"What happened? I thought you both were inseparable."

Sakura tugged onto the keychain before her.

"Nothing... We're just busy with our lives" Sakura turned away.

Meilin frowned. "You haven't been keeping well."

Sakura hesitated. It felt different when a second person said it to her. She remembered the hanging cages at her home. She stared at the keychain she was holding.

Meilin rested her hand on Sakura's shoulder.

"I should go. My manager is calling." Meilin spoke softly.

Sakura smiled and nodded.

"Good. I can contact you then. Take this if you need to get to me." Meilin handed out a business card.

*Meilin Li / Actress* It read on the card.

"And by the way Sakura." She turned back while leaving the cafe.

Sakura looked up.

"Blue isn't even your color."

*Hello Readers! I know Sakura's life doesn't feel particularly great at this time. To be honest, it must be the social isolation getting to me at this difficult time, but good things will come for sure.

After watching a few episodes I realised Meilin would make a great actress. Even though she was cast as the witch in Sleeping Beauty in Season 2, I feel she's the most dramatic and deserves to be main lead onstage. After Tomoyo, I found her to be the most mature character and felt as if she certainly deserved more after her heartbreak. She's one of my favourite characters in CCS and will hold an important role in this story. Stay tuned for a lot of drama!🔥🔥🔥*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 256 20
[BOOK 2 OF THE SHARING SERIES]Once, two girls were sharing one life. Their existences turned into one, and as the lines blurred and the beginning of...
1.2K 567 35
Hi guys!!! I'm an Italian girl who likes stories and fanfiction. I thought to write a story with characters of my fav anime: Cardfight!! Vanguard😍 I...
22.4K 493 31
This is my first story, so please bear with me. I'm not that great at writing and I hope I just do well enough for people to enjoy the story. Credit...
16.4K 522 14
Cardcaptor Sakura fan-fic 💟