The Journey of a Broken Heart

By FatimaBintaySalman

Laura's sister Lynn is battling Osteosarcoma (a type of cancer) and she is trying to protect her but she hers... More

Chapter 1: LAURA
Chapter 2: LYNN
Chapter 3: LAURA
Chapter 4: LYNN
Chapter 5: LAURA
Chapter 6: LYNN
Chapter 7: LAURA
Chapter 8: LAURA
Chapter 9: LYNN
Chapter 10: LAURA
Chapter 11: LAURA
Chapter 12: LAURA
Chapter 13: LAURA
Chapter 14: LYNN
Chapter 15: LYNN
Chapter 16: LYNN
Chapter 17: LAURA
Chapter 18: LYNN
Chapter 19: LAURA
Chapter 20: LYNN
Chapter 21: LAURA
Chapter 22: LYNN
Chapter 23: LAURA
Chapter 24: LAURA
Chapter 25: LAURA
Chapter 26: LYNN
Chapter 27: LAURA
Chapter 28: LAURA
Chapter 29: LAURA
Chapter 30: LYNN
Chapter 31: LAURA
Chapter 32: LAURA
Chapter 33: LYNN
Chapter 34: LAURA
Chapter 35: LYNN
Chapter 36: LAURA
Chapter 37: LYNN
Chapter 38: LAURA
Chapter 39: LYNN
Chapter 40: LAURA
Chapter 41: LAURA
Chapter 42: LAURA
Chapter 43: LYNN
Chapter 44: LAURA
Chapter 45: LAURA
Chapter 46: LAURA
Chapter 47: LAURA
Chapter 48: LAURA
Chapter 50: LAURA
Chapter 51: LAURA
Chapter 52: LYNN
Chapter 53: LAURA
Chapter 54: LYNN
Chapter 55: LAURA
Chapter 56: LAURA
Chapter 57: LYNN
Chapter 58: GEORGE
Chapter 59: LYNN
Chapter 60: LAURA
Chapter 61: LYNN
Chapter 62: LYNN
Chapter 63: LAURA
Chapter 64: LAURA
Chapter 65: LAURA
EPILOUGUE
Author's Note

Chapter 49: LAURA

143 25 73
By FatimaBintaySalman

(The song that I have linked up is Falling by Harry Styles and i think that it fits with the plot right now so do give it a listen:))

When I woke up after about three hours my head hurt so badly. I opened my eyes but immediately shut them because I was blinded by white lights increasing my head ache.

I mustered some strength and tried to slowly open my eyes. When I got my vision back I saw that an IV was injected on my hand.

Why does everything hurt so bad? What happened to me? Why am I here? Then it all came back to me. The series of events one leading to another.

Lynn's surgery. Ashley. Lynn's waking up. Her results. The pain in my chest. My passing out.

So I passed out in front of everyone and obviously now my parents know about my disease. I wanted to just crawl into a hole and die. As if you aren't dying right now my subconscious added. I internally screamed at this. Why? Is the only thing I kept asking myself.

Why did it have to happen right now? Just when Lynn's result came. Ugghhh!! Her results are a whole different story. I was so sure that they would come in her favor. That she would be taken out of this pain. Then why is this happening right now? I can't believe that both of us are dying. This is what is scaring me now. I don't want to die right now. I was always so strong so invulnerable but right now lying on my death bed I don't wanna go. I don't want to know what is on the other side.

...

Half way through my ranting a nurse came and knocked me out by giving me a dose of strong anesthesia.

When I woke up George was sitting on the edge of my bed.

"George?" I asked weakly opening up my eyes.

"Hey, how are you?" he asked getting up to pour me water. Of course he has to be a gentleman just right now.

"Fine," I replied getting up to drink a sip. George adjusted my pillows for me.

"Where are mom and dad?" I asked.

"I thought you told everyone," he said not replying me.

"George answer my question," I said getting irritated.

"They are hurt really bad Laura. You should not have done that," he said not looking at me.

"George I don't wanna listen to your rant, whatever I did was for them-" I started but I was cut off by him.

"DON'T YOU SAY THAT YOU DID THIS FOR THEM," He shouted.

I have never seen him in anger so that calmed me down a bit. I was not angry or hurt I was just scared by the fire in his eyes.

"Don't shout at me," I said with all the courage that was left in me. This softened him up a bit.

"I am sorry I shouldn't have raised my voice at you but Laura please try to understand that what you did was not right. You should have had told anyone. Any adult about this."

"I know I was stupid but I did what I thought was right at the time my thoughts were so clouded that I couldn't figure anything up," I said as a tear streamed down my cheek.

George got up and wiped it off. Even his light touch sent shivers down my spine and I could tell that he was blushing himself.

"You can't rewind the time now Laura, just don't stress yourself. I-I don't want you to go," he said his voice breaking.

"How is Lynn?" I asked him trying to change the subject.

"She is okay. Just a little moved by her results. She said that she knew this was going to happen but she was still a little hopeful." George told me. Even the thought of losing Lynn broke my heart into a million pieces.

"What did she say about me?" I asked.

"She was happy that now at least everyone knows about it. She said that you would be alright."

I heaved a sigh as I put my head on the pillow.

"Why is it both of us?" I asked him.

"I don't know but god has a plan for everything," he said shortly but this small thought gave me indescribable peace.

(Vote, Comment, Follow and Add!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17 3 11
Hot shot Flamezer, Hoist Towver, Medix Redden, Whirl Windal, and Wedge Shoveler are all happy, active, playful and wonderful five year old children...
30.8K 892 40
|~COMPLETED~| {Highest ranking: #6 under #brannie, #7 under #annie, #10 under #bratayley !} Annie LeBlanc's whole life has been upside down this past...
21.8K 569 36
The younger sister of Alex morgan, Hudson, Follows slowly in Alex's tracks, Being One of the best footballers in the world. Alex and Hudson Had diffe...
4.9K 149 41
She always made her life seem good to all her friends, so no one ever cared to take a deeper look into what it's liked behind closed doors. Everyday...