Inked In | A HP fanfiction

By _Anodite_

Maxima King had The Perfect Life. Cause honestly; Blue eyes? Blonde hair? Spectacular at sports? Amazing at... More

DISCLAIMER
Maxima Aurelia King
Every Story has a Prologue
That's a cliched trope
shitshitSHITFUCKFUCKFUUUCK(I'mSorry!)
I wish I had coffee
Girls, Girls, You're both Pretty
Let's get to it!
Closure
(Bittersweet)Memories
Politicking
Natural Nerves
Messages in the Waffle
Slytherins, it's time to RISE UP
First days and First Impressions
Brain Cells and Red Stains
Changes
"I'm pretty sure that's illegal..."

*hysterical laughter*

48 5 4
By _Anodite_

 Maxima pressed on the tattoo on the base of her neck, "I'm, we're not from this dimension, this world." Maxima released the hand that was on the base of her neck and ran it through her hair. She laughed hysterically, focusing on nothing. Maxima didn't notice the three professors exchange anxious and confused looks. "Oh My God. How is this even possible? There has nothing like this ever recorded in EXISTENCE!"

Maxima jerked her bowed head up, "WAIT!" The professors were startled at Maxima's sudden exclamation, "All those times, when I would go missing for hours on end, at mother and father would..." Maxima met the eyes of her professors, "Was that..."

Maxima looked down again, thinking hard and fast. As a child, she would hug the books when she was done and then imagine ways she would change it, make it better or how she would fix the potholes because...come on it's obvious. Sometimes, she thought her magic created the illusions for her to act out. But looking back, she ACTUALLY travelled to those worlds. She fixed them, made them better and she was the reason. She remembers visiting those worlds again and seeing things...remaining as she left it. Better. Happier. Maxima let out a strangled sob of happiness. 

"Ms King," came the voice of Professor Dumbledore, "Are you alright?" 

Maxima pressed her lips together as a smile came onto her lips, it was something sad and happy but it was real. She looked at Poseidon and looked at Professor Dumbledore, "I have never been better." And it was true. She found a place where she could thrive. And if she didn't? So what? She'll make it better and then she'll find a new place. After all, she could travel through books. No, Travel dimensions. There has to be a place where she belongs.

Maxima looked from one professor to another, "I think I know what happened. And, sorry for the...pitifully timed breakdown."

Poseidon let out a bark as he ran around her legs. Professor Dumbledore nodded his head, "Let us head to my office. You wouldn't mind answering a few questions under the influence of Veritaseruem, would you?" They had started to walk towards the castle.

Maxima shook her head, "No sir. Just, um. One question to ask sir."

Dumbledore nodded his assent and Maxima licked her lips, "Has Tri-Wizard Tournament taken place yet?"

Professor McGonagall answered her question, "Yes it just did, I'm afraid. The students just left for their homes an hour ago."

Maxima wanted to smirk but she managed to suppress it. Though she could she Professor Snape caught it and look curious. "Oh, I see." She was the same age as the trio and Draco and what not.

They walked to Dumbledore's office (password was DairyMilk...really?) Professor Snape put a tiny vial on the desk and stood on the side. Professor McGonagall sat on a chair and Dumbledore sat in his chair and motioned for Maxima to sit. She looked to Professor Snape who was still standing and he rolled his eyes and conjured his chair before sitting down. Maxima bit her lip, sat down and put her hands on her lap. Poseidon sat down beside her chair. She immediately put one hand on Poseidon, puppy give her strength. 

Dumbledore looked to Professor, "Severus if you would."

Professor Snape dropped three drops onto a spoon and handed to Maxima and she took it into her hands, "I wonder if it tastes like it was described," Maxima put it into her mouth and swallowed. She opened her mouth mockingly to show she did as such. It was like watery except there a hint of citrus, very faint. It felt...floaty, like she moved her bangs out of the way, "Definitely like the books."

Professor Snape raised an eyebrow, "Which...is?"

Maxima moved her tongue around, "Well, the book which describes it is Book no." She paused, "four. Which was this year." Maxima tilted her head, "Veritaseruem is powerful enough to make Tom spill his secrets. But that isn't true, is it? Two things can stop it, the antidote, of course, and Occulemency. It's like water but a little citrus-ey. Makes you feel all floaty."

Professor tilted his head and Dumbledore took on the questioning, "Who are you?" 

Maxima did a small jiggle in her seat, "That depends really on the person talking to me or what they want. To you, for now, I suppose, a stranger." 

Professor Snape could be seen hiding a smirk and Professor McGonagall coughed as Dumbledore tilted his head in assent. "What is your name then?"

"Maxima Aurelia King."

Professor McGonagall asked, "How old are you?" 

"I'll turn 15 this year. November 10th" 

Professor Snape folded his arms, "You said you were from a different world, how is that possible?" 

Maxima shook her head, "I.." she bit her lip, did she know. Her throat felt knotty like it was twisting. Must be the truth potion, "I don't know for sure." Maxima didn't like the fact her voice was wavering, she took a breath. "I have a feeling it has to do something with my tattoo"

Dumbledore looked intrigued, "Tattoo?"

Maxima nodded, "It appeared when I was young, my parents thought I went out in a fit of rebellion to get it but I didn't. I didn't even know what tattoos were back then. It's a compass with flowers. When," Maxima looked towards Poseidon, "we were falling, it startled feeling cool. Like cold water."

Dumbledore nodded, "I see. You mentioned books, which means in your world we must be fictional?" Maxima nodded. Dumbledore continued, "Do you recognise this?" Dumbledore shifts a piece of parchment. It looked like one of Hogwart's letter but it wasn't exactly like it. The edges held a soft design she often saw in her dreams or least what she thought were her dreams. The soft twists. The jagged edges. And the main thing, the compass. 

Maxima breathed out a soft 'yes' as her hands moved toward it, "At least, parts of it."

Dumbledore gave the letter to Maxima who opened it, it read:

My  darling daughter, 

If you are reading this then you are an Ink Traveler. I'm sorry we had to send you away. We, as Ink Travelers, we are being hunted. The dark magic, not the one you will encounter but truly dark, the corrupted. We are leaving you with two people, who seem so wonderful. I can only hope that they provide you with the love we could not. Our time here is short. We have little to no strength, and every day we get just a little bit weaker. Your father and I love you. Your name is indeed still, Maxima Aurelia King, isn't it quite a coincidence? 

Your father, Mathew, says I am being too coddling, but you will be my child always. My darling daughter, my little queen, rule your world. Explore, do whatever your heart desires. Times will be tough. Time will be easy. Do what you can. I was not a wixen but your father was. I was a simple sea-water mermaid(There is a difference, do look into my culture?). There is a spell that can turn you human and vice-versa. I shall enclose it below. (Haven't you wondered why you love water so much? It's because of me my dear. Although I quite like fire and your father water. Aren't we a pair?) 

Oh my, Queen, I'm sorry if you have to go through bad things because of the people we placed you with. We were on the run and the Ink Travelers (Which is your father if you are wondering, I was just a companion he brought along. But that is a love story which spans years and years. We fought and bickered quite a lot! If you can imagine, but never something that hurt the other, it was...flirting now that I think about it.) are few. It is something that is not passed on but happens randomly yet your father was convinced that you will gain the wonderful ability. 

I hope you do, I hope you see a world so wonderful and visit and explore. Your father refuses to write a letter because he doesn't think we will have to leave you, so I shall explain. Close your eyes and imagine the worlds like a river, each world is one part and that one part has many other parts, like different versions of the same thing. You, unfortunately, cannot choose the time you travel. At first, you will be confused how but then you will find your way. 

Maxima Aurelia King, you will one day find a place that calls out to you, that draws you in. That place, that feeling is home. Stay true to it, but never think that means you have to stay there. You can leave and explore any time you any want.

My daughter, my love, my queen, We love you; never forget that.

Your loving mother,
Adella

P.S: The spell is 'forvandles til'

Maxima clutched the letter to her chest, "My parents were Matthew and Adella King. They loved me and my family didn't leave me." Maxima hunched over, hiding the letter from the world as she took shuddering breaths.

Saying those words aloud, made Maxima want to cry. It solidified, in a way. She didn't belong there, in that drab world with...a lot of books...that world's thing must have been books. Either way, she wasn't from there. She wasn't destined to be like the people who raised her.

Maxima straightened and smiled, Professor Snape looked concerned and Professor McGonagall looked nostalgic as if she was thinking about her father. Dumbledore's eyes seemed to twinkle. He slid another letter forward, this letter though, was the Hogwarts letter, "It seemed you were destined to go here, this appeared a few years back."

Maxima folded her mother's letter and grabbed the letter tentatively. It was Hogwart's first-year letter. She...had magic. "I...I'm not a freak." she grinned and looked up, "Well, Professor I hope I can join next year?"

Professor Snape cut in, "If you can catch up."

Maxima nodded and Professor McGonagall spoke, "You can try, you will need to select your third-year electives as well. Magic can be tricky at times."

Maxima smirked a little at that, every time someone told her that she could try, she did it just to spite them, only this time: She has more than spite as her motivator.

"I don't try professor, I do."

Professor McGonagall must've liked that answer for she smiled, "Well then, shall we get to it?"

Maxima nodded and smiled.

(A/N): Whooo! I enjoyed this part! MAXIMA! MY HEART GOES OUT FOR YOU!! ALL THE UWUS SNATCHED!!

Please remember to vote, comment and share!! It means a lot! 

Laugh Loud and Be Proud

Word Count: 1839 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 5.2K 44
Harry is given the opportunity to go back in time after he does during the war by Death himself! Harry has always been Master of Death more so now th...
45.7K 1.7K 60
It's 10 years later and everything has changed. Sirius was taken away all those years ago and you haven't spoken to him since. You and Severus have g...
8.1K 294 32
The Boy Who Lived is a well-known tale. Because that's what it is, a tale. The boy who lived never actually survived Voldemort. He never existed in t...