๐‘ฏ๐’๐’“๐’๐’” ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐‘บ๐’˜๐’๐’“๐’…๏ฟฝ...

By FandomQueen696

"๐‘ป๐’‰๐’†๐’š ๐’”๐’•๐’๐’๐’… ๐’˜๐’‰๐’†๐’“๐’† ๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’š ๐’”๐’•๐’๐’๐’… ๐’ƒ๐’š ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’‘๐’๐’˜๐’†๐’“ ๐’๐’‡ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’”๐’˜๐’๐’“๐’…" "Thread ca... More

๐‘ฏ๐’๐’“๐’๐’” ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐‘บ๐’˜๐’๐’“๐’…๐’”
๐‘ช๐’‚๐’”๐’•
๐‘จ๐’†๐’”๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’•๐’Š๐’„
๐‘ท๐’๐’‚๐’š๐’๐’Š๐’”๐’•
๐‘ฌ๐’‘๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’“๐’‚๐’‘๐’‰
๐‘จ๐’„๐’• ๐‘ฐ.
๐‘ท๐’“๐’๐’๐’๐’ˆ๐’–๐’†
๐‘ถ๐’๐’†.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’.
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’“๐’†๐’†.
๐‘ญ๐’๐’–๐’“.
๐‘ญ๐’Š๐’—๐’†.
๐‘บ๐’Š๐’™.
๐‘บ๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’.
๐‘ฌ๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’•.
๐‘ต๐’Š๐’๐’†.
๐‘ป๐’†๐’.
๐‘ฌ๐’๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’—๐’†.
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’Š๐’“๐’•๐’†๐’†๐’
๐‘ญ๐’๐’–๐’“๐’•๐’†๐’†๐’.
๐‘ญ๐’Š๐’‡๐’•๐’†๐’†๐’.
๐‘บ๐’Š๐’™๐’•๐’†๐’†๐’.
๐‘บ๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’๐’•๐’†๐’†๐’.
๐‘จ๐’„๐’• ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฐ.
๐‘ฌ๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’•๐’†๐’†๐’.
๐‘ต๐’Š๐’๐’†๐’•๐’†๐’†๐’.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐‘ป๐’˜๐’.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐‘ป๐’‰๐’“๐’†๐’†.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐‘ญ๐’๐’–๐’“.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐‘ญ๐’Š๐’—๐’†.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐‘บ๐’Š๐’™.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐‘บ๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐‘ฌ๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’•.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐‘ต๐’Š๐’๐’†.
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’Š๐’“๐’•๐’š.
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’Š๐’“๐’•๐’š ๐‘ถ๐’๐’†.
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’Š๐’“๐’•๐’š ๐‘ป๐’˜๐’.
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’Š๐’“๐’•๐’š ๐‘ป๐’‰๐’“๐’†๐’†.
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’Š๐’“๐’•๐’š ๐‘ญ๐’๐’–๐’“.
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’Š๐’“๐’•๐’š ๐‘ญ๐’Š๐’—๐’†.
Authors Note

๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐‘ถ๐’๐’†.

12K 538 129
By FandomQueen696

[Robert Carlyle as Tantalus]

I 021. I

𝑯𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑺𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔

❝ the prisoner ❞

ARIADNE SHOT OUT OF BED. She ignored the dull ache in her head while glancing around the infirmary, it felt cold and I inviting— not normal. It looked the same, it smelled the same, but it wasn't the same.

Her legs felt like jelly and her heart was pounding against her chest. She swallowed the lump in her throat as she gasped for breath, hoping everything she had remembered was just a terrible dream.

She made her way out of the building in hopes of seeing everything how it normally was. But her hopes were squashed once she saw camp. The cabins were the same, the volleyball courts, amphitheater, training arena. Everything was the same, even the strawberry fields basking in the golden sun.

But what unnerved her was how quiet it all was. No one was spiking the volleyball over the net, no one was bragging about their latest win in a battle, she didn't even see her brothers walking around.

The grassy meadows were a dull yellow color which made her heart ache. No butterflies fluttering around flowers, just counselors and Satyrs stocking weapons in sheds. Dryads held bows and arrows while walking around the edge of the woods, waiting for something to jump out and attack, in what she assumed was a normal occurrence lately. Fire left patches of dead grass across the land.

Her hands clenched tightly into fists, angry at what her home had turned into.

She ran towards the Big House, looking for Percy and Annabeth. Once she made it there she found the blonde on the porch with sad eyes. "Annie," she panted

Annabeth sighed in relief before bringing her into a tight hug. "You're okay." The blonde quickly kicked her, "We were worried once Clarisse hit you."

Her hand went up to her head and rubbed it, "That's who did it?" Annabeth nodded before giving her a strained smile.

"Percy and I tried visiting but Tantalus wouldn't let us."

Ariadne asked her the question she needed to know. "Is Chiron really... gone?" Annabeth nodded, glancing to look at the wooden porch. "Why?"

"He was blamed for the poisoning of Thalia's tree. Zeus dismissed him."

"No! Zeus— he can't— he shouldn't believe that Chiron was responsible?!"

Annabeth gave her a sad look, "It happened on Chiron's watch. That was enough for him, I'm guessing. Chiron and Argus are gone, we're left with Tantalus and your father."

Her mouth felt dry, and she wasn't sure a thousand cans of Coke could quench her thirst for justice. The justice for Chiron and Argus, to prove the Centaur wasn't to be blamed like Zeus had done.

"Who's Tantalus?"

The blonde motioned towards the dining pavilion, "You'll find out."

Campers walked out of their cabins as they tried acting normal, but the dreary and dangerous mood set over the camp was anything but normal.

She searched for her brothers before finding them walking together, after a few words and a quick group hug, she led them towards the pavilion.

The girl was the counselor for cabin twelve. Although her brothers were older, her experience far surpassed them. She had been at camp the longest out of every other camper, eight years to be exact.

All the cabins filled into their respected tables, her eyes followed Percy and Tyson making their way towards Poseidon's table. Percy looked out of place next to the Cyclops who watched everything with a confused look.

She caught the demigod's eyes and gave him a crooked smile, one he tried returning but it became forced once he heard a girl talking about Tyson.

"Who invited that?"

Ariadne whipped around to look over at the Apollo cabin where it came from. She found a girl she remembered as, Jenna. The girl didn't emotive her glare because she was focused on Percy's, but once she did, she shriveled up like a grape did in the sun.

"Well, well," her father drawled out while looking towards Percy, "if it isn't Peter Johnson. My millennium is complete."

"Percy jackson... sir," Percy grit his teeth harshly. She winced because she knew her father had no liking towards the hero, but he didn't have to be so harsh.

"Yes. Well, as you join people say these days: Whatever."

Her father sipped his Diet Coke in usual attire: a leopard-pattern shirt, khakis, and tennis shoes with black socks. A Satyr followed behind him while peeling off the skin of grapes before handing them to him. She rolled her eyes at her father before eyeing the man he stood next to.

A thin man with pale skin in a orange prisoner jumpsuit. 0001 was stitched into his pocket. There were blue bags under his eyes, his fingernails were caked with dirt and his grey hair was badly cut. His eyes allowed her to see how angry he was, as if a nerve was cut in his brain.

"This boy," her father said, "you need to watch. Poseidon's child, you know."

"Ah!" the man said. "That one."

They most likely had discussed about Percy— well, more like complained.

The man gave a cold smile, "I am Tantalus. On special assignment here until, we'll, until my Lord Dionysus decides otherwise. And you, Perseus Jackson, I do expect you to refrain from causing any more trouble."

"Trouble?" Percy questioned."

Her father snapped his fingers before a newspaper appeared on the table— the front page of the New York Post. Percy's yearbook picture was on the front and a headline that she could barely make out: Thirteen-Year-Old Lunatic Torches Gymnasium.

"Yes, trouble," Tantalus said with some sort of satisfaction. "You caused plenty of it last summer, I understand."

A Satyr placed a plate of barbecue in front of the prisoner with a nervous jitter. The new activities director seemed to drool at the sight. He looked towards the empt goblet in front of him, "Root Beer. Barq's Special stock. 1967."

Carbonation rose to the top while he reached his hand out, seeming to be afraid of it.

"Go on, them, old fellow," her father urged. He had a sparkle in his eyes and she knew he was messing with the man. "Perhaps now it will work."

Tantalus made a grab for the goblet only for it to scoot away. A few drops spilled out but as he tried to dab them with his nasty fingers, they sped away quickly. He growled before attempting to stab the barbecue on his plate with a fork. The plate slid off the table and onto the coals of the fire before them.

"Blast!" He muttered.

Her father's voice dropped with fake sympathy, "Ah, well. Perhaps a few more days. Believe me, old chap, working at this camp will be torture enough. I'm sure your old curse will fade eventually."

Was it so bad to be near his own kids? She glared at her brisket before stuffing it into her mouth, maybe it was for a god.

"Eventually," Tantalus muttered, staring longingly at her father's Diet Coke. "Do you have any idea how dry one's throat gets after three thousand years?"

Percy seemed to realized who he was. "You're that spirit from the Fields of Punishment. The one who stands in the lake with the fruit tree hanging over you, but you can't eat or drink."

Tantalus gave him a sneer, "A real scholar, aren't you, boy?"

"You must've done something really horrible when you were alive. What was it?" Percy's asked, seeming to be impressed. Ariadne narrowed her eyes at him and was ready to throttle him. Why ask the man from the Fields of Punishment why he got his punishment?

"I'll be watching you, Percy Jackson," The prisoner told him. "I don't want any problems at my camp."

"Your camp has problems already... sir."

"Oh, go sit down, Johnson," Her father cut in. "I believe that Tavel over there is yours— the where no one else ever wants sit."

"Come on, Tyson."

Ariadne noticed Percy becoming angry, mumbling something. "Dionysus... super powerful overgrown brat..."

She took offense to that but sent her father a glare which he was surprised at. But she also sent one towards Percy who gave her a shrug.

"Oh, no," Tantalus said. "The monster stays here. We must decide what to do with it."

"Him," Percy snapped. "His name is Tyson."

Tantalus just raised an eyebrow.

"Tyson save the camp. He pounded those bronze bulls. Otherwise they would've burned down this whole place."

"Yes," the prisoner sighed, "and what a pity that would've been."

Her father snickered and she glared harder. This was her home. And if her father was to find humor in it being burned down, then she would continue to become angrier.

"Leave us," Tantalus ordered Percy, "while we decide this creature's fate."

Tyson looked scared, his one eye focusing on Percy. "I'll be right over here, big guys," Percy promised. Don't worry. We'll find you a good place to sleep tonight."

The Cyclops nodded, "I believe you. You are my friend."

Percy trudged over towards his table while a Nymph brought over a pizza. Ariadne's heart yearned to sit there with him but she couldn't, it was against the rules. And if she did, her father and Tantalus would have something to say on the matter.

It was her table's turn to sacrifice part of their dinner for the gods. She made her way after her brothers, letting them make an offering before she stepped forward.

Her fork guided a few pieces of pork and strawberries into the fire. I know I may not offer to you, but please, help Tyson and Percy, Poseidon.

Castor and Pollux chatted loudly with one another while she watched Percy not eat his half of his pizza.

She picked at her own pork, eating her roll but leaving her grapes, not in the mood. Tantalus stood from his seat and the dining pavilion fell silent under his cold gaze. "Yes, well," he began. "Another fine meal! Or so I am told."

His hand inched towards the refilled plate off to side, hoping the food didn't notice— but it did. The dinner shot down the table while he growled quietly. "And here on my first day of authority. I'd like to say what a pleasant form of punishment it is to be here. Over the course of the summer, I hope to torture— er— interact with each and every one of you children. You all look good enough to eat."

Her father was the only one to clap at first, but a half-hearted applause by the Satyrs followed. Tyson tried moving from the limelight but Tantalus dragged him back every time.

And now some changes!" Tantalus called out with a  crooked smile. "We are reinstituting the chariot races!"

Ariadne's mouth dropped open as murmurs broke out among the tables. Excitement, fear, disbelief. But her eyes were of anger, rage even. The chariot races were dangerous, and she remembered the last one. It wasn't pretty.

"Now I know," Tantalus continued, "that these races were discontinued some years ago due to, ah, technical problems."

"Three deaths and twenty-six mutilations," she heard Will grumbled from the Apollo table. Her head agrees with him and her glare increased.

"Yes, yes!" The prisoner said. "But I know that you will all join me in welcoming the return of this camp tradition. Golden laurels will go to the winning charioteers each month. Teams may register in the morning. The first race will be held in three days' time! We will release you from most of your regular activities to prepare your chariots and choose your horses. Oh, and did I mention, the victorious team's cabin will have no chores for the month in which they win?"

The prize wasn't enough to convince her. She would rather do chores than having campers in the infirmary with sever injuries or buried under the ground.

"But, sir!" Clarisse shouted, which surprised the brunette. Several campers snickered at the YOU MOO, GIRL! sign attached to her back. "What about patrol duty? I mea, if we drop everything to ready our chariots—"

"Ah, the hero of the day!" Tantalus exclaimed. "Brace Clarisse, who single-handedly bested the bronze bulls!"

Clarisse was surprised by his comment. "Um, I didn't—"

"And modest, too! Not to worry, my dear! This is a summer camp. We are here to enjoy ourselves, yes?"

"But the tree—"

"And now," Tantalus continued while ignoring her question. Some of the Ares campers pulled the girl back into her seat, "before we proceed to the campfire and sing-along, one slight housekeeping issue. Percy Jackson and Ariadne Phoenix have seen fit, for some reason, to bring this here." While motion towards Tyson.

Campers gave them side eyes and uneasy looks while muttering between themselves. Ariadne gave a heated glare towards everyone who looked her way, or even Percy's for that matter.

"Now of course," the prison told them, "Cyclops have a reputation for being bloodthirsty monsters with a  very small Brian capacity. Under normal circumstances, I would release this beast into the woods and have you hunt it down with torches and pointed sticks. But who knows? Perhaps this Cyclops is not as horrible as most of its brethren. Until it proves worthy of destruction, we need a place to keep it! I've thought about the stables, but that will makes the horses nervous. Hermes cabin, possibly?"

Travis and Connor Stoll were eerily silent, having a newfound interest in the tablecloth. Their cabin was too full and had no room for a Cyclops.

"Come now," Tantalus chided. "The monster may be able to do some menial chores. Any suggestions as to where such a beast should be kenneled

Everyone gasped.

A holographic trident gleamed above Tyson's head. Shining brilliantly in the night with a green color.

Most campers were in awe, many jealous at the Cyclops being claimed. When Percy was claimed, they had knelt. But they followed Tantalus's lead instead, roaring with laughter at the boy. "Well! I think we know where to put the beast now. By the gods, I can see the family resemblance!"

Campers laughed loudly, minus Ariadne, Annabeth and a few other campers who were friends with Percy.

Ariadne gave a glare towards her brothers who laughed as well. Her glare went over the other cabins, settling them down instantly as they could feel the anger radiating off of her. Even Ares campers gulped at her purple eyes.

Tyson swatted at the trident fading over his head, mystified by the image. People were cruel. So quick to judge him even though he was innocent and sweetheart towards her.

No one noticed at the dining pavilion, but vines in the forest grew bigger. Twisting even more around trees, crushing them with harsh pressure as they coiled along with Ariadne's anger.

They made their way towards the amphitheater, she say next to Percy while the Apollo cabin continued to play their songs, but they were sad. Her father left before that, deciding he had better things to do. 

***

     THE NEXT FEW DAYS WERE TORTURE. Tyson had moved into the Poseidon cabin and everyone was blaming Percy. But he made it worst by trying to have the last word, "He's not my real brother!" He would shout out every time Tyson wasn't around. "He's more like a half-brother in the monstrous side of the family, like... a half-brother twice removed, or something."

Ariadne and Annabeth suggested they team up to build a chariot for the race. She didn't like Tantalus, but until they could figure out a plan to save Thalia and Chiron, they needed to have something to do. They needed to be on his good side. But she had mentioned sneaking out— Percy was all for it. But Annabeth wasn't.

But she was useless in the design process. Annabeth's as designing because her mother, Athena, has created the chariot. Percy's father, Poseidon, had created horses to pull it. Her father had nothing to do with the actual thing but she was there for moral support and painting. ( Annabeth has said that although they were friends, not for her and Percy to get into any arguments )

One morning, all three sat at canoe lake, sketching ideas until some Aphrodite cabin members walked by. They asked if Percy needed to borrow some eyeliner for his eye— "Oh, sorry, eyes."

Percy glared at their backs before Ariadne stood up, "Hey!" She called after the campers. They turned around and gave her giggles while she gave a mocking laugh, "Yeah, so funny. I'm dying of laughter. Now why don't you scream and leave him alone. Got it?"

She gripped them as they scrambled away and sat back down, putting a hand on Percy's shoulder. "Don't listen to them, Perc. It's not your fault you have a Cyclops for a brother." Although she meant for it to be sincere, her voice made it sound mean. "They're go afraid to pick on a monster."

Not the right words.

"He's not my brother!" Percy snapped at her. "And he's not a monster, either!"

Ariadne narrowed her eyes, "Don't be angry at me! I've been defending your kelp ass since both of you arrived."

Annabeth has rolled her eyes and backed away, watching their oncoming argument.

"Oh, so it is my fault now," Percy argued. His sea-green eyes were becoming stormy. "It was you who gave him permission to enter camp!"

She rolled her eyes, scoffing with a shake of her head. "Because it was the only way to save you! Look..." she sighed, "if I knew it would've caused so many problems, I wouldn't have let him in. I never expected your dad to claim him. That never happens— I mean, most Cyclops are the most deceitful, treacherous—"

"He is not! What have you got against Cyclopses, anyway?"

Her body went cold. Purple eyes died down and her mind flashed back to the one eye watching her run away, tearing Thalia away from her almost home, killing her. Chills ran along her body before Annabeth stepped up, ears pink.

"Guys, let's forget it," she pointed at her diagram. "We have to figure out the—"

"No," Percy interrupted, "seriously, Ariadne—you're treating him like he's this horrible thing!" He hadn't used her real name in a long time, "You'd said so yourself— he saved my life!"

Ariadne grew frustrated and new she would end up tackling him if she didn't end this. "You know what— if he's such an angel then perhaps you should design a chariot with him!"

Percy glared back at her, "Maybe I should."

"Screw you!"

"Go throw yourself into the lake!"

The brunette stormed off into the other direction, vines following her feet. Percy was left fuming and Annabeth was left staring at them with a dropped mouth, shaken up.

Ariadne couldn't believe him. She really couldn't. After everything she had down for him, he treated her like this. She would show him. She really would.

Percy Jackson is going to wish he never made her angry.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 238 12
โ™† ๐‘ฐ๐‘ต ๐‘พ๐‘ฏ๐‘ฐ๐‘ช๐‘ฏ ๐‘ท๐’†๐’“๐’„๐’š ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐‘ช๐’†๐’„๐’† ๐‘ฑ๐’‚๐’„๐’Œ๐’”๐’๐’ ๐’‡๐’‚๐’๐’ ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’‘๐’†๐’๐’‘๐’๐’† ๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’š ๐’…๐’Š๐’…๐’'๐’• ๐’†๐’™๐’‘๐’†๐’„๐’• ๐’•๐’ ๐’ƒ๐’†๐’„๐’๐’Ž๐’† ๏ฟฝ...
15.6K 835 16
๐“…ซ ๐๐ˆ๐†๐‡๐“๐Œ๐€๐‘๐„ ๐…๐”๐„๐‹.(inf) Something capable of inducing nightmares, highly disturbing. โ She walked with darkness dripping off her shou...
422K 17.7K 47
"๐‘ฐ ๐’‚๐’Ž ๐’„๐’–๐’“๐’”๐’†๐’… ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’๐’๐’—๐’† ; ๐’ƒ๐’“๐’๐’Œ๐’†๐’ ๐’‰๐’†๐’‚๐’“๐’• ๐’”๐’‚๐’Š๐’…" "What good am I if I can't even control my own mind" ...
31.5K 1.4K 32
๐ŸŒท "We're Greek, Percy. We're all born with tragedy in our blood. It's those who learn to accept it and stay true to themselves who are heroes." Th...