RWBY (Ruby x Reader)

By Sessylu75

A former team of Beacon first years were sent on a mission but although a success their bullhead went down. W... More

Characters
Ch 1 Meeting Team Rwby
Ch 2 Better Late Than Never
Ch 3 New Year but Same Material
Ch 4 Class Antics and Trouble Brews
Ch 5 Returning and Weapon Repairs
Ch 6 Playful Duel and a Fustrated Y/N
Ch 7 A Decision Granted
Ch 8 Gamenignt
Ch 9 An Awkward Encounter
Ch 10 Captured
Ch 11 Rescue is a Go
Ch 12 A Revelation
Ch 13 Y/N's Confession
Ch 14 A Day With Ruby
Ch 15 Staying At Ruby's House
Ch 16 Ruby's Attempt at Cooking
Ch 18 The Lake
Ch 19 All that Glitters is not Gold
Ch 20 Gift Exchnage
A Synopsis

Ch 17 An Awaited Visit

808 19 5
By Sessylu75

Y/N decided to take another walk through the area. Ruby was busy with Yang and her father so he was now able to get peace and silence as he walked. Sure he did liked being with Ruby and they were constantly together but there is some moments he preferred on his own as it requires doing it on his own.

He chucked as he remembered how one day she became especially affectionate when she held on to his leg as if it was her life when he said that he needed to go.

Y/N: Now Ruby you know I need to go.

Ruby: (holding onto Y/N's leg) No!

Y/N: We are with each other everyday. That and it is a school night.

Ruby: Please just ten more minutes.

At that moment Ruby gave him her infamous puppy dog eyes. Looking back he thinks Ruby got it from Zwei.

Y/N: Fine, I relent.

Ruby: Yay!

Now the situation didn't help in his favor as he was still injured. Walking a bit more Y/N came across what must of been Ruby's mom tombstone. Walking up he pays his respects and to have a few words with the one person he never got to meet. Though unbeknownst to him Ruby was hiding behind a tree close by as she was going there herself.

Y/N: Summer Rose. It's nice finally meeting the mother of Ruby. You may not know who I'm unless your daughter talked to you about me but I'm Y/N L/N. I'm with your daughter and since I met Ruby's father I felt a need to meet you as well. Especially given how much she loves you. Unfortunately I never have met you but maybe I have.

Ruby: (thoughts) He really is talking to her!

Y/N: I believe that a child or person inherits some traits from their mother or father and since Tai is something else there is reason to believe a lot of Ruby came from you. Truth be told she is something else entirely. Now I am not insinuating this in a bad way or anything but there is something about Ruby. Like a day after what was an awakened encounter.

Y/N stops to collect his thoughts given what he is about to say was long ago.

Y/N: So Ruby accidentally kissed me if you care to know and this then came before we fell asleep together. Yeah she hit me with a blue shell. That is besides the point but I did had a talk with Ruby later on that night and one of the focal points was her reasoning of becoming a huntsmen and mine. Uhhh well Ruby's is doing being a huntress for the sake of helping people. As for me I kinda did not have much of a choice.

Y/N saddened a bit remembering why in the first place but smiled a little remembering it did led to all of this. He continued.

Y/N: Quite admirable as it is genuine rather than some others reasoning. You can say that this was the day I was unsure myself on what to think of Ruby. Basically you can could call it having a crush of some sorts but it all went well as we are together now so yeah. When I arrive back I will be sure to update you. Also I will be sure to bring something with me next time. Sorry I couldn't bring flowers but all of this was kinda unexpected. I only I was going on the very day I came. Well whenever Ruby decides to bring me here I will update you on the situation. Next time I will also be sure to bring something as this was unexpected as I never knew I was coming to her house.

Ruby: Y/N.

Y/N: (turns around) Ruby? Exactly how long have you been standing there?

Ruby: The whole time. I was actually going to visit myself but then I saw you.

The next part was rather unexpected as Ruby then used her semblance to tackles Y/N in a hug. He swore he could never got use to that but besides that she peppered him in kisses.

Y/N: Uh Ruby not that I'm complaining but I have two questions to ask of you. Why and do remember where we are?

Ruby: You do really care and oh yeah I forgot. (quickly gets off) I kinda actually did planned to show you later but then I got nervous.

Y/N: We can stay here longer if you want and we can act like you are introducing me.

Ruby: Okay. Mom, so this is Y/N or like I call him sometimes Frost. Remember the boy who I talked about. Well... we are actually together, together. Yes, like that like you and dad were. Oh wait not yet like that.

Y/N: Did you say how we met?

Ruby: Well no. I was actually describing you and what you did later on.

Y/N: Was it because you almost slashed me with the scythe of yours?

Ruby: It was an accident.

Y/N and Ruby spent time talking about those stories with Ruby's mom. Though there came the time when they had to go as it was getting dark outside.

Ruby: (sighs) I miss her you know. I wish I can hear from her.

Y/N: Honor her memory Ruby. I'm sure she is proud of what you became.

Ruby: Thank you. I needed that.

Walking back to the house you suddenly stop as you hear water close by.

Y/N: You never mentioned anything about a lake.

Ruby: About that I forgot about the lake.

Y/N: Huh. Maybe we can visit tomorrow.

Ruby: Really?! Then I can show you the rope Uncle Qrow and I made!

Ruby must of gotten a little too excited as in her excitement she kinda pushed Y/N in the lake itself.

Y/N: Luckily my scroll is charging.

Ruby: I'm sorry.

Y/N: It's fine.

Turns out it was not fine as the next day Y/N felt awful waking up. Going to the kitchen he spots Qrow.

Qrow: Oh God! You don't look good.

Right as Y/N was about to respond he felt the sudden surge to sneeze and quickly did it into his sleeve but he felt the snot stretch from his nose to the sleeve.

Qrow: Yeah go take a shower before you get me sick or worse get it on my clothes.

Y/N: Can you ask Ruby to get my clothes as I go take a shower.

Qrow: Alright kid. Just don't get near me as you get out the kitchen.

Taking a shower and getting ready in some of his clothes Y/N started to feel the affects.

Tai: Yeah Y/N you should stay on the couch.

Coughing a few times Y/N manages to slowly but surely walk to the couch. Ruby got out of her room a few minutes later to ask what was happening.

Yang: Sorry to say but he's sick. Just look at Y/N.

Y/N: It looks-cough, cough- worse than it is.

Ruby: (drooping) But, but Y/N and I talked about going to the lake today.

Y/N: (coughs) Sorry Ruby.

Ruby: No you shouldn't be sorry. I should be the one saying sorry. I'm the one who pushed you in the lake.

Y/N: By accident.

Qrow: Wait... so you're telling me he got sick by falling in the water at night?

Ruby: Yeah.

Qrow: But his semblance is ice.

Y/N: I don't feel good but despite that there's a small percentage that I can.

Qrow: Kid, I'm going to do you a favor here and give you the ice bucket.

Yang: I thought that bucket was your favorite ice bucket?

Qrow: I could always get another but most of all I refuse to clean up his vomit.

Ruby tried to get close to you before Tai grabs her, stopping her.

Ruby: I got him sick so I should be the one nursing him until he gets better. Wait I know I will make soup!

Y/N, Yang, and Qrow all quirky turned to Tai pleading with their eyes to let her or else they will have to eat her soup.

Tai: On second thought you should help Y/N while I make the soup. You should make him more comfortable. Yang take Zwei for a walk.

Yang: You got it. C'mon Zwei. Let's go.

Ruby quickly went to her room and brought back a lot of pillows and blankets that Y/N swore he never saw in there. She then brings a jar of cookies.

Y/N: What's with the cookies?

Ruby: Cookies makes me feel better so I'm going to give you some cookies. There from my personal stash.

Y/N was about to say something but before he could he felt something coming up. Grabbing the bucket he threw up inside it. Feeling awful he grabs a scroll before he types, handing it to Ruby to read.

Ruby: (reading Y/N's message) I am grateful that you would do something like that for me. Often I question how could you consume that many cookies. The thing is I need medicine.

Y/N: (weakly) Got it?

Ruby: Don't worry Y/N. Nurse Ruby is on the case.

Ruby left, emptying the bucket and cane back a few minutes later with some cold medicine, a glass of water, and the bucket. He drinks the glass of water to get rid of that taste of vomit. He then took a mouthful of the medicine.

Ruby: You helped me when I needed help sleeping so now I will help you.

Y/N grabs the scroll once more and began to type his message.

Y/N's message: I would kiss you Ruby but you know.

Ruby: Yeah. I'll wake you when the soup is ready. Now sleep.

Y/N fell asleep but awhile later Ruby saw that he was mumbling. She thought nothing of it until he started thrashing about.

Ruby: (shaking Y/N) Wake up. Wake up. It's just a dream.

Waking up in a cold sweat Y/N got the glass of water Ruby must have refilled. Feeling that he had enough energy to talk he did.

Y/N: I had an awful dream.

Ruby: What was it?

Y/N: It was one of those dreams that has the multiple stages to the dream. I woke up and saw you but it wasn't you. It was you but you had Silver's face.

Ruby: Uhhh.

Y/N: This is what happened.

Dream Silver: Look I don't like this either so just go back to sleep and hopefully this will be all over.

Y/N: Then when I woke up again it was also another dream.

Dream Silver: Watch this I can wake you up.

Dream Y/N: But I'm already awake.

Dream Silver: How am I here then? I'm at Atlas right now. Anyways watch this.

Y/N: He then hit me with a chair and at that moment I woke up to you.

Ruby: (feels forehead) It's hot.

Y/N: Don't worry. All I need is one day.

Ruby: Don't you feel awful?

Y/N: Yeah but I was given one day to recover. Then I was sent back to school.

Ruby: Just go back to sleep.

Y/N: Alright.

Y/N fell asleep but he was soon woken up as Ruby had a bowl with her.

Y/N: Tell your dad thank you.

Ruby: He knows.

Y/N: (being spoon fed) So where is everyone.

Ruby: (feeding Y/N) Zwei is sleeping. Yang is with my dad but I don't know where they are and Uncle Qrow is getting a new bucket.

Y/N notice that Ruby herself was beginning to get tired and she must of noticed herself as she began to cuddle.

Y/N: Ruby.

Ruby: Yeah.

Y/N: You know you're taking a risk?

Ruby: Nope.

Y/N: But.

Ruby: Nope, nope, and nope. I'm willing to take the risk. After all you did asked me what happened to the leader persona you fell for.

Y/N: Alright but hand me the medicine.

Ruby: But you had some.

Y/N: I have been sleeping all day. One of the effects is that it will help me going to sleep.

After taking some more Y/N fell asleep with Ruby sleeping with Y/N with all the pillows and blankets she brought.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78 9 15
Team STEL is one of Beacons Top Teams Scarlet Trillium Eclipse and Lumen After their initial mission they must catch up on studies and prepare for t...
568K 6.5K 41
After months of being bullied at Beacon academy, Y/n L/n finally snaps and almost kills the school bully. Soon after that three new students show up...
8.7K 137 12
Y/n is on a never ending journey. He had made some friends during his travels. what awaits him now.
13.5K 131 40
After crashing into the planet you now know as remnant you quickly realise that you are stuck here forever with your friend. Choosing to settle down...