five in love ; txtzy

By sjunghannn_k

ā š™”š™¤š™«š™š š™˜š™¤š™¢š™šš™Ø š™žš™£ š™™š™žš™›š™›š™šš™§š™šš™£š™© š™¬š™–š™®š™Ø.āž A typical love story you might say. But what if this... More

Orientation
Lost Girl
Crush
Enemies
Duet
Get Together
Breakdown
Strange
Study Partners
Danger
Promise
Trapped
Proving
Date
Surprise
Brothers
Feelings
Snow (1)
Snow (2)
Snow (3)
Runaway
Family
Conflicts
Permission
Rivals
Confrontation
Captured
Last Moments
Unexpected
Goodbye
Make Up
Pride
Can We?
Happy
Accepted
All Together Now
Special Chapter: Halloween Night

Awkward

5.3K 260 189
By sjunghannn_k

C H A P T E R   1 2
CHAERYEONG'S POV

"Chaeryeong-ah!" I looked up to see who called me. My eyes widened. I walked fast and passed by him.

"What the heck Chae? What's the rush?" My best friend Ryujin asked.

"Sorry" is what I can only say.

"Why are you even running away from that younger senior Taehyun?" I didn't bother to answer her question. I just sighed.

I've been avoiding him since that day he confessed.

"I like you." I shook my head as the memory flashes back again to my head.

I did not know what to react. I don't know what to say to him after that. I just feel awkward around him, and I don't even know why.

"Let's hang out after school?" I asked Ryujin.

"Oh... no. I have to run some errands after school," She declined.

I furrowed my eyebrows and crossed my arms on my chest. "We haven't been hanging out these past few weeks Ryu~," I said pouting my lips.

"You're not telling me something." I narrowed my eyes at her, and she laughed awkwardly.

"You see, I've been seeing someone after school."

"You're dating someone?!" I widen my eyes in shock.

"Gosh no! That's nonsense Chae," she shouted in a whisper.

"I've been tutoring someone," She said.

"Since when did you accept such jobs? You always decline offers of those airheaded students," I said.

"Look, it's— ugh he needs me," She said rolling her eyes.

"He? Who's this he?" I asked.

"Don't kill me, but it's Beomgyu."

"THAT JERK?!" I screamed in shock, and Ryujin massaged her forehead.

"Hey! Of all people why that arrogant human being?" I asked.

Both of us hated his personality ever since we were juniors. Just because he's the inheritor of a well-known company, and he's undeniably good-looking. But Taehyun's way more handsome than him. I slapped my forehead with my sudden thought and closed my eyes in frustration.

"Yah he's not... that... arrogant," Ryujin said and looked away.

"What the heck are you saying just now?" I asked in confusion about what she just said. Seriously? Ryujin?

The bell rang, and she didn't answer my question. Is she guess she's getting closer with that guy huh?

It was lunchtime, and unfortunately, Ryujin had to talk to our teacher about her scholarship stuff. So, I had to eat alone.

I sat in my usual seat, and suddenly I felt someone sat across me. I looked up to see who it was, and I immediately looked down at my food. I held on to my tray, ready to leave my seat, but he spoke.

"Chaeryeong..." I heard his soft voice. His once again soft voice that I couldn't resist not hear.

"Taehyun," I said.

Woah, the awkward breeze is coming in.

"Chaeryeong, I know you've been avoiding me the whole week because of what I said last Saturday." Shoot.

I tied my hair up and spoke. Am I going to say this? "What did you said last Saturday? Sorry, I forgot." I chuckled.

"Or maybe I didn't hear what you said. What was it?" I asked.

Why am I even lying to him right now? Because I'm scared? Scared of the truth that I am indeed avoiding him because of what he said that day, and I feel awkward when I see him because my heartbeat always raises when he's around?

"Oh... then why did you—"

"Oh, that!" I cut him off.

"I was rushing because... I needed to help Ryujin in an emergency. Kind of a girl thing, so don't ask haha." I'm so sorry Ryujin.

"Oh... okay I thought you were avoiding me," He said and ate a spoonful of rice.

I chuckled and said, "That's absurd."

"So what are you doing on Saturday?" What he said made me shocked.

"Huh?" I said.

"I'm asking you out on a date," He said with a smile on his face, and once again I felt my heart palpitating.

YUNA'S POV

I just got out of the faculty room together with Ryujin, who also has a scholarship grant here in our school.

"Woah it's shocking." She broke our silence.

"What?" I asked.

"You're not looking at Kai's photos, or even talking about how handsome he is today." I suddenly slowed down walking when I heard what she said, and memories from that day flashback to my head.

*flashback*

I found out he's not just a part of the gang, but he's going to be the next leader of if because of his dad. So he's in a family of gangsters huh? He must be living in a dangerous world all this time.

I was finally about to finish cleaning his wound when I realized the next one was on his lips. I hesitated to clean it at first but thought for sure no one's going to do it for him.

I looked at his lips. Soft. I brushed off my thought and continued to clean them. Then, he pulled my hands down and kissed me.

"YUNA!" I almost jumped from shock. It was Ryujin, shouting my name.

"So you're not talking about him, you're just daydreaming about him." She said and rolled her eyes at me.

What she said was real though, but the thing is, it wasn't a dream. It was a reality that keeps flashing back in my mind.

While walking I was only looking down, then I saw a boy's school shoes that stopped in front of me. I looked up and saw it was Kai. He looked at me straight into my eyes, while I was still in shock that he was there right in front of me.

"Ooooo what a vIEWWWWW!" Ryujin started screaming when I pulled her away from there, running.

We stopped when we were already in the girls'  comfort room.

"Seriously! Why is everyone rushing today?" She said while catching her breath.

After that day, I couldn't bear to talk to him. I couldn't even bear to see him eye to eye. I feel like I'm going to be in a pure shade of red if that happens. Which I think is happening now, because I can feel the heat on my cheeks.

Lunch break. I wasn't in the mood to eat actually, so instead, I went to the school gym to watch the students play basketball. Not knowing that today's game is Juniors v.s Seniors. This means he was there.

I saw Kai wearing his jersey uniform, and he glanced at me. He looked away and smirked.

The seniors were leading the game until the 4th quarter. The teams were tied up. Ten seconds remaining, and whoever gets the next point wins.

Kai's team member passed the ball to him. Dribbles it towards their side before making a shoot, he looked at me. Pointed at me and winked, and he took the shot.

Three points.

After the game, I was ready to run away once again, but he called my name.

I turned around, and he ran towards me. He was dripping in sweat, but I didn't bother. Isn't he injured? Why is he playing?

"You look fine now. I'll get going," I said, and as I was about to leave, he held my wrist. Preventing me from leaving.

"Stop running away from me," He said. Why do his eyes look sad when he said that?

"If this is about what happened that day on your house—"

"No. It's not. It's about you. Tell me, Kai, why would you do that?" I asked.

"Why would you do that, when we both know you don't even like me. You don't have feelings for me, not even a single bit," I said, and his expression changed into a serious and cold one. Now I'm scared.

"Are you numb?" He asked.

"What?"

"Numb. I protected you. Cared for you. Fought for you, and... kissed you. But you still don't know what I feel about you?" He scoffed and looked away.

"Kai... what do you mean?" I asked.

"Seriously? I like you. As a girl, and now it's frustrating to me that you told me that. I don't like you? I don't have feelings for you? New flash. I do like you Shin Yuna." Then he walked away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.7K 1.8K 76
You are a soldier from (your Country) working in the Korean Special Forces, because your Country has a soldier Exchange program with Korea. What will...
7K 323 26
Do you believe in love at first sight? Yeonjun never did. Well, maybe until he met someone special. Special with a little bit of attitude. A YEONJUN...
74.4K 3.4K 28
INSTAGRAM SERIES #1 ā š˜¼ š™„š™¤š™„š™Ŗš™”š™–š™§ š™œš™Ŗš™® š™žš™Ø š™Øš™©š™–š™”š™ š™žš™£š™œ š™¢š™š?! āž Soobin was a popular boy since highschool. He never knew who Lia was u...
13.8K 244 12
Ryujin X fem! Reader X Yeji Description: You are Itzy's manager and are always by their side. But what happens when your responsibilities undergo a c...