With Love, Nuri [1] ✅

By Albatroscy

"You are golden, like light" I said. She glanced at me and I, at her eyes. I gazed at her hoping she would r... More

Author's Note • I
Reference • I
1. The Day I Left
2. Introductions
3. Bar War
4. As Time Flew...
5. Finally A Job!
6. First Day
7. Sentiments
8. Their Arrival
9. An Awkward Meet
10. Fighting Boredom
11. Istifa
13. The Pain To Convince
14. An Invitation
15. Sweet Revenge
16. A Scary Twist
17. Keeping Warm
18. Arch Enemies
19. Life-Taking
20. After effects
21. Anger And Guilt
22. Peace Maker
23. New Year's Surprise
24. Closer
25. Deal?
26. Realization
27. The Tour End
28. A Big Mistake
29. Back Again
30. Sparks Fly
31. A New Trust
32. A Fishy Breakfast
33. Bad Ideas
34. Fetching
35. An Unexpected Visitor
36. Dance Night
37. Relationships
38. Yeşim's Allergy
39. The Theft
40. Murder
41. Crushed
42. Fight And Fervour
43. Stay
44. Suspicion
45. Heart-warming
46. The Threat
47. A Second Chance
48. On-Board
49. Kiss
Author's Note • II

12. All On Me

454 43 9
By Albatroscy

[•Ferit's POV•]

(Starts from where Nuri has just left to attend the phone call)

Idris was going on with the tale of how he and his friend made a rainbow-colored kite till he got up to use the toilet. Nuri hadn't come back yet and I checked my watch, realizing that it was already late and I had to drop her home. My father turned to me then, "You worried?" "Huh? Why would I be worried?" He pretended not to know but guess.

"Who knows... Maybe because the girl didn't come back yet... Or something" Of course! "Dad, come on" I rolled my eyes. "Ferit, Look here," He turned serious. "After I am gone who do you have, huh?" I didn't reply to this but gritted my teeth. "She is a fine girl. Well mannered, kind and beautiful too. It's perfect! Now-" "Sorry to interrupt your speech but I need to drink some water and since your bottle is empty, let me go fill it" I got up, congratulating myself mentally for finding the best excuse.

The filter near the counter was under repair so I went to the other one. To my relief, the hospital wasn't that crowded in the evenings as compared to the afternoons, probably because most of the surgeries were at that time. Suddenly I caught a glance of Özgür a few meters ahead of me, he was leaning forward and his face was hidden by the filter, but then I realized that he was strangling someone. A girl.

"Özgür!" I called, he leaned back to face me. Then suddenly, the girl pushed away Özgür and ran past me, it was Nuri. I wasn't often this mad at anyone, but Özgür. He stood there smirking like a maniac, "What are you doing?" I barked out and his smirk grew wider. Nuri was my priority at that moment.

I went after her and caught up with her just as she was hiring a cab. I grabbed her hand as politely as possible, "Nuri-" She cut me short, "Ferit bey, your brother is a jerk! And from now on, I have nothing to do with you or your family. I quit!" She was trembling, her eyes were red as she spoke and she shook off my hand before getting in the cab. It was the first time in my life that I felt this humiliated. The first time when someone left me hanging and I was empty for reasons.

I went back into the building and found Özgür around the corridor. "You fired her right? She wasn't good anyway" He smirked again triumphantly, but I wanted to punch him in the face that very moment. "What are you doing Özgür? Huh? Are you a maniac?" "You can't call your brother a maniac!" He laughed aloud. I was sure that he was drunk. "You drank a lot, eh?" I asked. "Nah, I haven't drunk a drop in my life" He laughed again.

I was frustrated by everything that just happened. "How did you get here?" I asked, "Taxi" He mumbled followed by a yawn. I put his arm around my shoulder and lead him to my car, locking him inside, and went back to get Idris. "Abi, where is Nuri?" Idris asked me as I entered, "She had to go back home urgently and so do we" I said gathering his things. "It's still early" "But look, you have become drowsy. Let's go buddy" I ruffled his hair before turning to my father, "Dad I have a meeting tomorrow afternoon so I will come in the evening" He nodded and kissed Idris's forehead. "See you boys." "Bye," We replied.

"Your uncle is here" I turned to Idris. "Where? I can't see him. Why didn't he come to meet grandpa?" "He was not feeling well, so he sat in the car" I replied. Özgür was already asleep when we got to the parking lot and Idris got in the back without disturbing him.

The drive home was silent as even Idris fell asleep. I first drove to Özgür's place and helped him out of the car. He collapsed on his bed and I let him be before shutting the door behind me. I went home and put Idris to bed too. The day was very tiring and I couldn't sleep a wink. I thought about how hurt Nuri must have felt when abi kissed her. I knew I had to take Özgür there first thing in the morning and make him apologize.

×××

When the day came, I realized that there was no one to cook lunch or dinner, so I called Miss Nazmiya. She informed me that it was difficult to find a chef in winter but she would try her best.

"Good morning buddy" I smiled at Idris who walked into the kitchen, "Good morning abi... Won't you go to work today?" "I will leave in a minute and you will spend the rest of your day with Bashir abi" I replied. "But where's Nuri?" "Idris, she doesn't work here anymore" I sighed.

"What! Why? You surely must have done something, that's why she left last evening right? Without even saying goodbye?" "Idris, I never did anything to upset her, she was sad because of something else. Moreover, since it is winter, she felt like she needed a break" Lying to Idris had become a habit now, but I couldn't possibly tell him that his uncle was a womanizer.

I called Bashir who was our company's trusted driver. He was a friendly guy and pretty fond of Idris too. "Good morning Ferit bey" "Morning... Bashir, is there anywhere you have to go today?" I asked, "Not really... Ferit bey, even Çıhan bey had gone to Ireland for that conference, so no" "Yeah... So can you spend the day with Idris?" I asked, "Of course Ferit bey, It's been a while since I saw him. My sister and nephew are also coming to town. He will love spending time with them" He replied.

"That's good to hear. You can come and get him then... But make sure to take care of him, alright?" "Of course Ferit bey" He replied before hanging up.

×××

I knocked on the Özgür's door and he opened it with a yawn. His hair and clothes were a mess as always, "Good morning abi" "Hey, good morning. Come on in" He grinned at me. "Do you wanna have anything?" "I had breakfast, thank you" I replied before sitting down. 

"Abi... Go on get ready, we are leaving" "Huh?" He asked, "Don't you remember? You are going to apologize for what you did?" "What did I do?" I sighed, "You kissed her" "Nope, I don't remember going that far, I was going to but then you came" He chuckled. I felt secretly elated on hearing that.

"Moreover, I am leaving for Konya today evening, I will be back after a week" "What? Why?" I asked confused, "There is a photography workshop and the sponsors have invited me. It begins after two days but I'll hang around the place tomorrow. For the next seven days, I will be at the workshop. Tell Idris I will bring him something good" He grinned before taking a swig of his beer.

"Abi, you may not have kissed her but you have hurt her. She was cried because of you, we have to go there abi" I frowned. "I have kissed and slept with a lot of women, and till now I haven't had to apologize to anyone of them. Moreover, why do you care so much, huh? You in love?" He laughed. I sighed and got up. "Abi she works for me... At least she used to. Keeping her safe is my responsibility" I retorted. He got up to equal my height, "Whether you like it or not, I am not saying sorry" He shrugged before marching back into the kitchen.

×××

I went to the company in the hope to clear my head but the day was boring without Çıhan. The hours rolled by and I went to the hospital in the evening before collecting Idris from Bashir's place. He was still mad at me for 'upsetting' Nuri. 

Even the next morning he declared that he wouldn't eat anything made by the new chef, "Idris you will love her as much as you love Nuri, Okay?" "But why can't we meet Nuri?" He sulked. The new chef entered the kitchen then, "Ferit bey, good morning. I am Güliz" She said and I shook her hand. 

"Hello there!" She turned to Idris and started pinching his cheeks, "Oh! You are the cutest boy I have ever met, what's your name cutie-pie?" "Leave me!" Idris cried as he struggled to push her hands away. She ruffled his hair leaving it messy and his cheeks were red now. 

"Ahem" I cleared my throat and she turned to me. "Miss Güliz, you have to cook lunch for two y the time I'm back in the afternoon. Take of Idris as well" She nodded and grinned wide at Idris. He glared at me as I left the house.

×××

When I was back in the afternoon, Idris seemed excited about something. "Abi, abi! Let's eat lunch" He tugged at my clothes. "Alright, let me go and change first" "Come quickly abi!" He called before running off to the kitchen, something was fishy for sure. Güliz was still in the kitchen and was cleaning the table. "Here you go Ferit bey" She set the table for us with a confident smile.

I tasted a spoon of her vegetable soup and was glad that I didn't throw up. There seemed to be more salt than vegetables in it. "Miss Güliz what is this?" I frowned at her. "Ah, Ferit bey, this is a special soup my mother used to make. Don't you like it?" She asked with an innocent smile. "Güliz hanim, you can take your things and leave," I replied before getting up. "Idris get ready, we are going to a restaurant" I sighed and he nodded happily.

×××

Idris was upset as even Özgür had left for a different city. It was the third day since Nuri's resignation and my mind was still troubled by guilt. "Buddy? Are you up?" I ruffled his hair as he nodded, "You have drawing classes from today. We will visit the hospital after that, Okay?" He nodded in a drowsy fashion. "Guess what? Lunch and dinner will be outside" I grinned hoping to make him cheerful but he didn't show the slightest surprise.

After the meetings in the afternoon, I called Çıhan. He told me that he would be back in Istanbul by tomorrow and I was glad to hear some good news in days. In the evening, even dad inquired about Nuri and Idris made a fuss about me upsetting her. I denied him of course. When we left the hospital he was so adamant that he wouldn't eat anything but only Nuri's food.

In the car, he kept blabbering the same thing again and again, it did make me angry but I kept silent. He was trying to drive me crazy and it was working by now, "...I am sure she left because you did something abi. Why don't you go and call her back, tell her that I am not eating anything since she left, and-" "Idris!" I halted the car by the roadside. 

He grew silent now and I could sense fear growing inside him, but his eyes always seemed to charm me. "Fine, I will talk to her tomorrow-" "Morning?" He said, "Alright morning" "Promise me you won't come back home till you convince her" He smiled at me expectantly and I raised an eyebrow.

"Abi... Please..." He begged. I sighed, "I will try" He hugged me tightly then and I couldn't help chuckling. "You are the best abi in the whole world" He whispered before kissing my cheek. "So will you keep quiet now?" He nodded and pretended as if zipping his mouth. I chuckled at this.

________________________
 Last Edited: 14th June 2021

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 554 21
This is a story about how a life partner can influence our lives. A story about Zahra who has gone through so much hurt and her journey in finding he...
1.1M 44.2K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
62.6K 2.5K 113
This is a fanfiction of Turkish series "Yemin", starts from the point where Reyhan went missing from the mansion, for whole night. Next day when Emir...
25.5K 933 42
Events leading up to and following the tragic beach dinner date (episodes 39-41) still haunt both Emir and Reyhan. Reyhan has no idea why Emir is so...