13. The Pain To Convince

[Nuri's POV]

"What! I thought you might stay here and help me prepare" I groaned. "I told you that I have a workshop. It is my dream job, alright? Moreover, if you can quit your job just because you need more time to prepare for your demonstration then why can't I go to Konya, huh?" I fell silent at her words. I didn't dare to tell her that her role model was the biggest jerk in the whole world, so I cooked up the excuse of my demonstration.

But what infuriated me the most was that even after three days, not a single soul from that family had appeared to apologize. I couldn't care less.

×××

"See you later Nuri! Love you" Yeşim gave me a bear hug before leaving, even Deren went with her as she had school. I was left alone in the early hours of the day so I made coffee for myself and relaxed on the sofa while watching television. It was too early to start preparing and I was a lazy bum. After a long time in days there was nowhere I had to be. The silence was very peaceful and satisfying.

Suddenly I heard the doorbell. "Yeşim must have forgotten something" I mumbled to myself and got up from the couch. Something fell in my eye then and I opened the door while rubbing it, even my hair interfered with my vision so I didn't see her exactly. I turned the knob and spoke, "What did you forget again Yeşim? Something just went in my eye and you are going to your beloved Konya abandoning me!" I complained, exaggerating most of it as I made my way to wash my eyes.

I heard the door close but there was no reply, "Are you silent because you are guilty? Yup, I knew it!" I called from the restroom as I took the towel to wipe my eyes. "Yeşim? Girl, at least say bye if you have left..." I mumbled as I walked back towards the front door. There was no reply, "...Now that is just sa-" I hit myself on something hard, "I remember no wall being here" I mumbled to myself and moved the towel from my face.

The first thing I saw was a blue shirt and I jumped back, "Ah!" "Calm down" Ferit bey was startled as well.

"Ferit bey! What the heck are you doing here?! Do you think it is fun to scare someone like this? You took half my life... Don't ever do that!" I yelled at him, "Okay... I won't... Calm down. I am just here to bring you back to work..." He said. "Did Idris ask you to come here?" "He said that he wouldn't eat anything as long as you don't come back" He sighed.

Idris was indeed a sweetheart. He was the only one who could change my mind about the resignation but I came back to my senses suddenly. "So you want me to cook for you again?" I gave a humorless chuckle. "What do you think?" He shrugged. "Not a chance" I sneered before returning to my room to put back the towel. 

He seemed to tag along and when I turned to return to the living room, his huge size blocked me. "Ferit bey, can you try staying in one place? You make the house smaller" I said with the only intention to annoy him. He just smiled at this and I happened to see a glint of admiration in his eyes. 

He went and sat down on the couch now, "What I meant was that you have to leave" I said strictly, "I can't go home as long as you agree to return to work" "Well I will repeat it a 100 more times- Your brother is a jerk and I don't want a job that has anything to do with him" I retorted before heading to the kitchen. He got up and leaned by the kitchen door.

"Nuri, you work for me. Not Özgür. I will make sure he stays away from you. In return, you can give me some peace of mind..." He sighed. I chuckled as I thought about Idris constantly blabbering, but pitying Ferit bey was the last thing I would do. "...Moreover, Özgür didn't even kiss you, then why are you so upset, he-" I raised my knife and pointed it at Ferit bey. He took a step back and raised his hands surrendering sarcastically.