With Love, Nuri [1] βœ…

By Albatroscy

"You are golden, like light" I said. She glanced at me and I, at her eyes. I gazed at her hoping she would r... More

Author's Note β€’ I
Reference β€’ I
1. The Day I Left
2. Introductions
3. Bar War
4. As Time Flew...
5. Finally A Job!
6. First Day
7. Sentiments
8. Their Arrival
9. An Awkward Meet
10. Fighting Boredom
11. Istifa
12. All On Me
14. An Invitation
15. Sweet Revenge
16. A Scary Twist
17. Keeping Warm
18. Arch Enemies
19. Life-Taking
20. After effects
21. Anger And Guilt
22. Peace Maker
23. New Year's Surprise
24. Closer
25. Deal?
26. Realization
27. The Tour End
28. A Big Mistake
29. Back Again
30. Sparks Fly
31. A New Trust
32. A Fishy Breakfast
33. Bad Ideas
34. Fetching
35. An Unexpected Visitor
36. Dance Night
37. Relationships
38. Yeşim's Allergy
39. The Theft
40. Murder
41. Crushed
42. Fight And Fervour
43. Stay
44. Suspicion
45. Heart-warming
46. The Threat
47. A Second Chance
48. On-Board
49. Kiss
Author's Note β€’ II

13. The Pain To Convince

456 42 13
By Albatroscy

[Nuri's POV]

"What! I thought you might stay here and help me prepare" I groaned. "I told you that I have a workshop. It is my dream job, alright? Moreover, if you can quit your job just because you need more time to prepare for your demonstration then why can't I go to Konya, huh?" I fell silent at her words. I didn't dare to tell her that her role model was the biggest jerk in the whole world, so I cooked up the excuse of my demonstration.

But what infuriated me the most was that even after three days, not a single soul from that family had appeared to apologize. I couldn't care less.

×××

"See you later Nuri! Love you" Yeşim gave me a bear hug before leaving, even Deren went with her as she had school. I was left alone in the early hours of the day so I made coffee for myself and relaxed on the sofa while watching television. It was too early to start preparing and I was a lazy bum. After a long time in days there was nowhere I had to be. The silence was very peaceful and satisfying.

Suddenly I heard the doorbell. "Yeşim must have forgotten something" I mumbled to myself and got up from the couch. Something fell in my eye then and I opened the door while rubbing it, even my hair interfered with my vision so I didn't see her exactly. I turned the knob and spoke, "What did you forget again Yeşim? Something just went in my eye and you are going to your beloved Konya abandoning me!" I complained, exaggerating most of it as I made my way to wash my eyes.

I heard the door close but there was no reply, "Are you silent because you are guilty? Yup, I knew it!" I called from the restroom as I took the towel to wipe my eyes. "Yeşim? Girl, at least say bye if you have left..." I mumbled as I walked back towards the front door. There was no reply, "...Now that is just sa-" I hit myself on something hard, "I remember no wall being here" I mumbled to myself and moved the towel from my face.

The first thing I saw was a blue shirt and I jumped back, "Ah!" "Calm down" Ferit bey was startled as well.

"Ferit bey! What the heck are you doing here?! Do you think it is fun to scare someone like this? You took half my life... Don't ever do that!" I yelled at him, "Okay... I won't... Calm down. I am just here to bring you back to work..." He said. "Did Idris ask you to come here?" "He said that he wouldn't eat anything as long as you don't come back" He sighed.

Idris was indeed a sweetheart. He was the only one who could change my mind about the resignation but I came back to my senses suddenly. "So you want me to cook for you again?" I gave a humorless chuckle. "What do you think?" He shrugged. "Not a chance" I sneered before returning to my room to put back the towel. 

He seemed to tag along and when I turned to return to the living room, his huge size blocked me. "Ferit bey, can you try staying in one place? You make the house smaller" I said with the only intention to annoy him. He just smiled at this and I happened to see a glint of admiration in his eyes. 

He went and sat down on the couch now, "What I meant was that you have to leave" I said strictly, "I can't go home as long as you agree to return to work" "Well I will repeat it a 100 more times- Your brother is a jerk and I don't want a job that has anything to do with him" I retorted before heading to the kitchen. He got up and leaned by the kitchen door.

"Nuri, you work for me. Not Özgür. I will make sure he stays away from you. In return, you can give me some peace of mind..." He sighed. I chuckled as I thought about Idris constantly blabbering, but pitying Ferit bey was the last thing I would do. "...Moreover, Özgür didn't even kiss you, then why are you so upset, he-" I raised my knife and pointed it at Ferit bey. He took a step back and raised his hands surrendering sarcastically.

"Look here Ferit bey, if he kissed me or not isn't our topic here and even if-" "Can you put the knife down? I don't want any more accidents," He said. I slammed the knife on the table, "As I was saying, I won't come back to work for you" "Why? Haven't you been kissed before?" Ferit bey taking on a teasing tone was new to me but this was infuriating. 

I took the knife back in my hand, glaring at him. "I swear you will make me a murderer!" I growled and turned back to my potatoes. "Nuri, listen to me, please" I faced him with a sigh. "Özgür has left for Konya and he wouldn't be back for over a week" "Even him?" I mumbled, "Huh?" "Even Yeşim left today morning for some workshop" "Who's Yeşim?" He asked, "Well Yeşim is my roo-, hold on why should I tell you that?" I retorted and returned to my potatoes.

"Look, at least stay for one more week till Özgür gets back. After that you can leave if you like" He said. The offer was generous but I wasn't accepting it that easily. "What do I get in return?" "Your salary, what more do you want?" He replied. "Let's make a deal. If I cook for one week then..." "Then?" He was impatient now. "You will help me prepare for tomorrow's demonstration," I smiled at him.

"Nuri, I can't cook. If I could, I wouldn't have hired you in the first place" "As if I'll let you poison me" I retorted earning a grin from him. "Then what am I supposed to do?" He sighed. "Not much. You just have to sit here..." I pointed towards the couch. "...And do what you are best at - criticizing people, but in this case, you will criticize my cooking. You will tell even the slightest fault, deal?" I held out my hand.

"Nuri, I have a lot of work at the company" "That's fine too, you can leave now and never show your face around here? Okay?" I asked innocently. "Fine, deal" He shook my hand sending faint sparks through me. I pulled back as quickly as possible, "So there's the remote and the TV... Enjoy" I smiled and returned to the kitchen. "You know you should be grateful that you get to eat it all for free," I stated and he nodded sarcastically. "Uh-huh," I couldn't care less and started cooking.

×××

Ferit bey took his job very seriously.

When I gave him caramel pudding, "Too sweet." Vegetable soup, "Too much water." Potato fries, "Too dry and burnt at the edges." I was really angry by now. But even after all those remarks, he would lick the plate clean. "Ferit bey if you don't like my food you can leave," I said finally. "Don't misunderstand me Nuri but I just want to help you prepare. Moreover, you were the one who asked me to point out even the smallest mistake. Thanks to you, I don't have to eat lunch now" He replied, grinning to himself. 

I wanted to dump the plate of pasta I had in my hand on him now.

×××

It was evening and I was still suffering because of my one-time decision. "I better leave now Nuri, Idris will reach home soon" Aha, finally!

He got up taking his coat. When he was about to leave, there was a knock on the door. "Who is it now?" I mumbled to myself and opened the door, "Nuri!" Idris hugged me tightly.

I laughed, "What are you doing here big guy?" I hugged him back, ruffling his hair. At that time another man came up the stairs, "It's Miss Nuri right?" "Yes?" I replied, "I am Bashir... Ah, Ferit bey... We didn't expect to see you here" Idris's face turned to one of shock on seeing Ferit bey, "Abi? What are you doing here?" "I should be asking you that young man," He frowned at the boy. He smiled nervously but I covered him, "Shall we talk inside?" I lead the party to the living room.

Idris stayed close to me while Ferit bey interrogated him. According to the boy, Bashir was going to take him to a restaurant after drawing class but he insisted on eating from my place. So Bashir was forced to get my address from miss Nazmiya and they came here. Ferit bey interrogated Bashir too, who had brought Idris here and was originally their driver. I pitied the duo.

I waited for the interrogation to end till I asked them, "So you haven't eaten anything till now?" "Nope" Idris put on his puppy face. "Good, then there will be no leftovers. Come on, you can sit down at the table. There is more than enough for everybody. Deren will also be here soon" I smiled at them. 

"Yippee!" Idris cried and was the first to be at the table and I served for the three of them. "Ferit bey... Miss Nuri... I am very sorry to bother you all," said Bashir as he sat down. "It's all right" I replied with a smile. "Nuri, won't you sit down?" Asked Idris, "After Deren comes" "Who's that?" He asked "She's my roommate" I replied.

Ferit bey hadn't touched his food yet, "I can't eat anymore" He told me. "Abi, did you eat anything else?" Idris narrowed his eyes on Ferit bey. "Uh... No buddy... I am not feeling that well" He replied and I glared at him. How could he lie to the child so well? He stared back, clearly asking me to shut up telepathically but I kept glaring at him. 

"Abi, what were you doing here when we came?" Idris asked curiously. "I came here to convince Nuri as you asked me to" "Did you?" Idris glanced at both of us. I chuckled, How could I deny this sweet child? "Yippee!" He exclaimed.

"I am back" Deren entered through the front door then. I went over to her, "Hey we have guests. Ferit bey, Idris and their driver, Bashir" "Your boss?" She whispered back and I nodded. She came to the living room and introduced herself before sitting down next to Idris. "Excuse me" Ferit bey got up from the table to answer a call.

I heard him say that they are on their way. He turned to Idris after hanging up, "Çihan is back buddy. He is waiting for us at home, can we leave now?" "Okay" Idris replied with a nod. Deren helped me clean the table and Bashir left immediately after thanking us again.

Idris turned to me as he went out the door, "You will surely be there tomorrow morning right?" "I promise," I kissed his head and he grinned at me. "Sorry for the inconvenience," Ferit bey turned to me. His lips curled into a warm smile, the best one so far. I felt butterflies inside me.

________________________
 Last Edited: 15th June 2021

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 443 25
αž‡αžΈαž˜αžΈαž“ " αž™αŸ‰αž»αž„αž αŸ’αž‚αžΈ αž”αž„αž‡αžΆαž˜αž“αž»αžŸαŸ’αžŸαžŠαŸ‚αž›αžŸαŸ’αž˜αŸ„αŸ‡αž“αž·αž„αžŸαŸ’αž“αŸαž αžΆ αž”αž„αžŸαŸ’αžšαž›αžΆαž‰αŸ‹αž“αžšαžŽαžΆαž˜αŸ’αž“αžΆαž€αŸ‹αž‚αžΊαžŸαŸ’αžšαž›αžΆαž‰αŸ‹αž…αŸαž‰αž–αžΈαž…αž·αžαŸ’αž αž”αŸ’αžšαŸ€αž”αžŠαžΌαž…αž”αž„αžŸαŸ’αžšαž›αžΆαž‰αŸ‹αžŸαž„αŸ’αžŸαžΆαžšαž”αž„αž…αžΉαž„ αž‚αžΊαžŸαŸ’αžšαž›αžΆαž‰αŸ‹αžŠαž›αŸ‹αžαŸ’αž“αžΆαž€αŸ‹αž’αžΌαž“αž˜αž·αž“αž’αžΆαž…αž‡αŸ†αž“αž½αžŸαž€αž“αŸ’αž›...
1.3M 57.8K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
16.7K 1.8K 49
β˜…Ramadan Series β˜… [DISCLAIMER: The story you are about to read was not meant to change your mindset about people's religion and religious beliefs. It...
1.2K 417 11
a collection of poems and writeups to soothe the weary soul Copyright Β© 2020 by Aisha Z.