EFF IT! āžø jj maybank

By zcndayas

ā˜†å½” š—¼š˜‚š˜š—²š—æ š—Æš—®š—»š—øš˜€ ā› bring me your mouth and your mystery! āœ sonny wasn't that into ... More

LET'S DO IT!
EFF IT!
CAST
PLAYLIST
BENJI BAYVIEW
SONDRA PENBROOK
000.
001.
002.
003.
004.
005.
006.
007.
008.
009.
010.
011.
012.
013.
014.
015.
017.
018.
019.
020.
021.
022.
023.
024.

016.

4.3K 231 92
By zcndayas

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀   ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀   ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
.*・。. EFF IT! .*・。.
————THE LUCKY COMPASS
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

016.
HAPPYCAMPERS.ORG
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀   ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
   The first time Sonny and Topper ever argued was when they were eleven.

It was one of those childish fights.

You know, the ones that weren't really significant and didn't last long, over something totally trivial and stupid, but at the time felt like the end of the world. Like you could never ever come back from it. Sonny kinda wished she could tell eleven year old her that it would only get worse from there — worse than Topper lying about her having a crush on Rafe to get a good laugh from the older boy.

Sonny would take that over this, any day.

"You gotta be kidding me..."

"Whew—" JJ whistled lowly, nose scrunched, "Doesn't he look a happy camper?"

Pope grimaced, "He looks pissed, dude."

  "Yeah, thanks." Sonny rolled her eyes at them, trying to act calm as she pulled her shit together. They were unhelpful, but they were also right. He did look pissed. Really fucking pissed. As in so pissed, that his cheeks were blazing red, looking like a bomb close to exploding.

   She wished he would.

   Actually, if he exploded, he'd be doing her a favour.

   Sonny knew she would have to see Topper at some point in time — they were neighbours, after all, and it was bound to happen, but she hadn't really wanted it to be today. Not now, not after the day she'd had.

   Turns out, John B and Kiara had both been caught by the cops — the remaining trio had done a few laps of the island when no one was at JJ's house and eventually spotted the duo sat in the back of Shoupe's cruiser. That meant they would be stuck in the station until they got bailed out by Kiara's father — who wouldn't be a particularly happy, according to JJ and Pope (the guy disliked his daughter's friends, understandably to Sonny) and could take a while before they actually saw the outside world again.

Apparently they had nothing to worry about, though. John B and Kiara weren't snitches, but they all still wondered what they had been caught out for.

What the fuck went down in that lighthouse?

   Sonny wasn't sure but it wasn't exactly helpful. Peterkin had already warned John B to stay clear of what they were doing. She was suspicious and when cops were suspicious, then they started digging. And a cop digging was way different to a silly group of teenagers digging.

If the cops caught them out, they'd be in the firing line — for withholding valuable information, breaking and entering, perverting the course of justice, and raiding a boat. Oh! And underage possession of a firearm alongside any other crimes they had each committed in their times. Every single one of them would be done for.

Needless to say, a lot was on the line.

Especially with the underlying threat of DCS. John B had a lot to lose, and, potentially, so did Sonny.

He needed to get his shit together and not get caught.

While John B's plan stipulated that they regroup with him and Kiara back JJ's house, Sonny had told the boys to bring her back home. She needed a shower. All this running made her sweat in places she didn't even know she could sweat and hiding in that chicken coop left her with a funky smell. Tiny scraps of straw were still stuck in her hair, her knees all filthy and scuffed, and Sonny desperately needed to wash the mess of the day off her. Not only would it make her smell a whole lot better, but it would also give her some time alone, time to think about everything.

God— Sonny needed to think.

   About what she was doing, why she was doing it. About how this whole thing even started.

She needed to think about the compass, what Redfield had been a clue to, why John B's father's compass was what they'd found in Scooter Grubs' boat.

Sonny needed to think about where this could lead them. Did Sonny really want to know? Did she want to be part of this? Was it all worth it? No one knew where this trail would take them if they followed it, or what it would mean if they made it to the end.

Was she willing to find out?

She just needed time to collect her thoughts.

But, you know what made it hard to think? The unwanted presence of Topper Thornton — who she'd found hovering around her frontdoor when JJ parked the twinkie just shy of the gates to her house.

And Topper didn't look happy.

"You sure you wanna deal with... that?" Pope grimaced at the scene, glancing at her.

"No," she replied. "But a girl's gotta take a leak— so duty calls, I guess." Sonny pushed the passenger door open, "Not like he scares me. Dude's a giant pussy."

"Thought you were friends," JJ raised a brow.

"I don't do friends," Sonny said.

"So today meant nothing to you?" He hid his mild surprise when she slipped out of the van, rolling her eyes. JJ pouted at her mockingly, "You wound me, princess! I really can't take all this heartache—"

She scoffed, shut the door, and held up a middle finger.

"Later, assholes."

"You mean JJ— right?"

"She literally means both of us, Pope."

They proceeded to bicker as Sonny turned around, slowly walking her way through the gates to her house as the twinkie drove away. She sighed when JJ beeped the horn on purpose, simply to tick off Topper even more, because it had definitely worked. The closer Sonny got to him, the more red he looked in the face. Jesus.

    "What the fuck, Sonny?"

   There, he blows.

    "So what?" He jumped to interrogate her, "You're hanging out with Pogues, now?"

   Sonny didn't say anything to him.

She kept walking, through her yard and towards her front door, face completely blank. She didn't make it inside before he kicked off again, though.

    "Hey! Don't ignore me!" Topper moved in front of her, his arms thrown out— searching for some sort of confrontation.

Sonny came to a stop, dark eyes narrowed.

He seriously wanted a fight? With her? What was he going to do if she ignored him? Drown her? Drag her out to the ocean and force her head underwater? Watch her as the air bubbles slowed? Somehow, she doubted it. So, instead of bothering to entertain his temper tantrum, Sonny just stepped around him and made her way up the patio.

"Sonny!"

She groaned, "Get lost, Topper."

   A hand wrapped around her wrist and tugged, pulling her back down a step. She stumbled but managed to stay upright as she was spun around and pulled into his chest. She glared so hard that it would haunt his dreams.

    "What the fuck?" Sonny shoved him away from her.

Topper scoffed.

"What the fuck me?!" He shook his head, "Sonny— you've been avoiding me for two days!"

    "Ever think about why I'm avoiding you?"

He faltered.

"God, Top— you're such a clingy bitch," she hissed, "D'you know how much of a crybaby, you are?"

His jaw clenched, "Hey—"

"You can't last two days without me, can you? Even when it's your fault I'm mad? Well, newsflash, I ain't your mommy, Topper! I'm not gonna hold your hand," Sonny threw out an arm in gesture to the Cameron's estate, up the hill. "Why not cry about it to your dumb girlfriend? Or, your keeper? I mean, that's what Rafe is, right? You pretend to suck his dick, and he pretends he actually cares about anything more than a baggy of powder?" She dared.

    "That's so outta line," Topper clicked his tongue, scoffing a laugh that lacked humour as he shook his head. "That's so—"

    "Know what's out of line, Topper?" She asked him, "When you keep coming to my house!"

    "I'm your neighbour! I'm always at your house!"

    "I told you to leave!"

   The boy groaned loudly, irritated.

He moved forward again, trying to stop her when she went to head inside. Topper placed both hands on her shoulders, a gentle touch, running them down her arms.

"Sonny— Sonny, I know I messed up and I'm real sorry," as he spoke, she squinted up at him. He tried to make it seem a lot more sincere. "Okay? I am, but— but I can't deal with you avoiding me like this anymore! I can't! You're my best friend, you can't just—"

    "You have other friends," she hissed, "I mean— where else have you been, today?" She dug, "Someone this clingy can't have been left alone,"

    "I show up at your house, and you're not there." Topper's voice turned condescending, trying to match hers, "So yeah, I went to hang out with my dumb girlfriend and my other friends, because my best friend wasn't around!" He pressed a finger to her temple and tapped, like trying to force the words into her head. "Apparently she was too busy, because she was hanging out with dirty fucking Pogues!"

    "Jesus!" She threw her hands up, "Get over it!"

    "Get over it?" He echoed, "There was a gun pointed at my head, Sonny!"

"Just shut up—"

"I'm not over it! Sue me!"

    "You tried to drown John B!" Sonny yelled.

Topper clamped a hand over her mouth, eyes wide. Sonny tried to push him away but his grip was strong. She glared at him as he swore loudly.

    "Are you fuckin' serious?" He seethed. He looked around to check nobody heard. "Do you see what those dirty Pogues are doing to you? They're brainwashing you!"

   Sonny grunted, finally yanking his hand away.

    "What is your problem?" She smacked at his hand when he tried to touch her again, taking a step back. Sonny let out an irritated laugh. She hardly even recognised Topper when he acted like this. "You're insane."

    "Insane?"

    "You heard me."

    "I'm insane?" A finger pointed to his chest, "So where have you been, these past two days? Huh? You get angry with me at the party, you refuse to head back with us, then you disappear for two days— and now you show up, looking like shit might I add, and I find out you've been a total traitor cruising with the Pogues? And I'm the insane one?"

"It's not—"

"Look at you, Sonny!" He said, "You look like they tried to kill you! You see the problem here?"

   Maybe she would've called him dramatic if he hadn't been so close to the truth. While the Pogues hadn't tried to kill her, associating herself with them almost got them all killed. But it wasn't like she could tell him that— not that she wanted to. It was no secret that all Sonny really wanted, right now, was for Topper to just fuck off.

    "I'm not doing this with you anymore, Topper."

He blinked, watching her step aside.

"Just go home," Sonny told him, her face reverting to that neutral expression.

    "Why?" He asked her, trying not to blow another fuse. He hated that blank look she wore, he despised it. "So you can go hang with Maybank again?"

   That's what this was about?

JJ?

    "Are ditching me for him?" Topper demanded, but quieter than before. The fire still burned but duller. "I saw you guys at the kegger. You looked cosy." Before she could argue, he went on again. "Is it me? I'm always with Sarah, and you're jealous? You wanted to get back at me?"

   Her and JJ?

   Jealous?

   Had Topper genuinely lost his shit?

   They had argued, before. Tons of times. He rarely went a week without screwing up, these days.

But it had never been like this. Their fights never went this far — then again, Topper had never tried to drown a Pogue before, and Sonny had never given him the silent treatment while hanging out with them.

Sonny suddenly wasn't sure this was even about the kegger anymore. This was about Topper feeling abandoned. He was clingy because he felt like his mother didn't care, so he'd seek gratification elsewhere. His childhood was pretty fucked. She knew that, and she also knew that he sought comfort in her to get over it. She had always being there. But it felt like she was finally understanding it for the first time, finally looking at the situation for what it was.

And it was a mess.

    "Cosy?" Sonny was speechless, "You can't be—"

    "You want other friends," Topper nodded, eyes vibrant, a blue ocean of sadness and hurt. It made her falter, just for a moment. Her insides squirmed. "Whatever. I get it. But... did you have to go to them?"

   She pursed her lips together.

He didn't get it, he never would, and she couldn't explain any of it to him, either.

"I never wanted other friends," Sonny told him.

"Sonny—"

"I never wanted any friends, Topper."

   That one hit him in the chest.

   He gawped, speechless. Before he could try and find words to stop her, to maybe mend their fractured friendship, Sonny had already turned away from him.

  Topper wanted to stop her, to tell her she had hurt him, to tell her she was just pushing him away again. Like she always did. He wanted to tell her that he had no intentions of giving up this time. That, while he was overly clingy and craved her attention, he knew she pushed everyone else away too. Sonny had done it her whole life and Topper wanted to tell her that it wouldn't work with him. Even if he had made big mistakes, even if she couldn't forgive him, he was sticking around. The idea of going anywhere...

No. Topper couldn't fathom a life without her. And he just wanted to tell her that. So badly.

But he didn't.

   Sonny had already closed the door.

————

Sonny hadn't even started her dinner when an obnoxious horn honked outside her home.

   It was loud, and weird sounding for a car around Figure 8, and it caught her attention immediately— especially when it honked another five times, probably disturbing everybody in the near vicinity, and then in a tune she didn't recognise. For just a moment, she didn't move away from her desk. She just sat, squeezed her eyes shut.

"Jesus..."

Eventually she got up, peering out her window.

Sonny cursed again, stare narrowed at the teenagers sitting outside — heads sticking out of the windows and door of the old and familiar camper van.

   Fucking hell.

   What the fuck were they up to now?

   When John B honked the horn again, like he knew she was watching from afar, Sonny groaned. She swiftly rushed out of her room and down the sets of stairs, only narrowly avoiding Jenny on her way down.

"Sonny?"

The girl ignored her, moving even quicker.

   The Pogues were literal children, she decided, and she had an awful feeling that John B would start honking La Cucaracha if she didn't hurry and stop him.

   Sure, Sonny hadn't expected them to be the most mature of teenagers, not with the stories she'd heard, but they were way more like six year olds— did even know how to act like grown ups? One day they would have to, they'd have no choice. But that day wouldn't find them this summer, so why not make the most of it? At least Pogues had fun. Kooks were boring as hell and snobby as shit. Sonny wasn't sure she'd ever had fun in a group of kids from Figure 8.

   Maybe that was why she threw herself down the stairs.

Because she couldn't get down there quick enough. Because she needed to shut them up before they got chased out of the neighbourhood, mostly, but also because she wanted to know what they were up to. What fun they were going to have next and why they wanted her.

   It sent a buzz down her spine. Like hot electric.

    "What is that noise?"

"Nothing, mom!" Sonny called.

Natasha stumbled when Sonny shot past her and ran down the hall, disappearing around the corner.

    "Sonny! Slow down!" She reprimanded, then paused. Her brows knotted together, "Sweetheart— where are you going?"

"Nowhere!"

Sonny skidded to a stop at the front door and slammed her hand on the buzzer, opening the front gates. She then tugged the door open and stepped into the yard, folding her arms as she tried to look unamused.

   When they saw her though, all throwing up their hands in cheers, Sonny felt her lips twitch.

   Idiots.

"What the hell are you doing?" She asked.

"Princess! No time to waste!" JJ slammed the horn again, yelling so his voice reached her from the sidewalk. "C'mon! Your chariot awaits!"

"JJ!" Kiara scolded the noise.

"You're disturbing the whole neighbourhood!" Sonny told them, rolling her eyes when the blonde jumped out from the camper and bowed at the waist like a caddy. He had to be the biggest idiot of them all, Sonny thought. "Anyone gonna tell me why you're outside my house? Or do I have to guess? You should know I hate guessing."

John B rose a brow, "Guessing might be fun."

"Thought you got booked, Booker." Sonny easily mirrored his expression, one brow quirked eyebrow and a small smirk resting on her lips. "Was kinda hoping you'd be behind bars."

    "Funny," he rolled his eyes.

   Sonny gave him and Kiara a quick once over; they looked okay really, considering they'd been at the station. Kiara was wearing a fresh change of clothes, and John B now sported a new set of jeans with a shirt that looked even dirtier than the one he wore only three hours earlier. Sonny stared at it for a second longer, thinking.

   What else had he gotten up to?

"Mr C set us free," he jabbed one thumb at Kiara, pulling  Sonny out of her thoughts.

"He's pissed," the girl mused, recalling the warning that he had given her about spending time with dirty Pogues. After a moment, she shrugged the thought off and smiled small. She didn't care. "But he'll get over it."

"Now, you coming or not?"

   Sonny looked back at him, frowning.

   He looked impatient— which, really, he was. JJ was always impatient, "We got places to be, Kook!"

"Depends where those places are," she said.

   Okay, maybe it didn't, but Sonny didn't want to just launch herself into their camper; she wanted to at least try and look nonchalant. She wouldn't let the Pogues know she'd been all but itching for another crazy adventure.

   Sonny had spent the afternoon thinking everything over. It was odd — maybe her fight with Topper had been a catalyst, because as soon as she shut that door in his face, Sonny knew what she wanted: she knew she was way more into this whole charade than she wanted to admit. To Topper, to the Pogues, to herself. And, against her better judgement, Sonny decided she would ignore Ms Lana's warnings. Push them to the very back of her mind.

   JJ grinned at her words.

    "Why don't ya get in and find out?" He asked, stepping to the side and gesturing to the door.

Tempting...

God, Sonny thought, it was so tempting.

Sonny chewed at her lip, looking at her converse while she debated it. She wanted to go, she really wanted to. But was it worth it? All the risk? All the trouble? Just for some fun? She suddenly felt torn as Topper's voice echoed in her head. Her lips pursed tightly.

   Do you see what those dirty Pogues are doing to you?

He was right, in a way.

   They were changing her. Sonny knew that. Otherwise, she'd have turned around, walked back inside, and told them she'd rather never see them again.

   They'd said she could do that. If she really wanted to, she could disappear again. Leave them to it. And the old Sonny would've taken them up on that offer without hesitation. Part of her still wanted to.

Part of Sonny wanted to stick her middle finger up and go back to normal. Back to isolating herself. Back to protecting her bubble. Back to protecting her peace. But maybe all that protecting and preserving was bullshit? What if no one gave enough of a shit to knock down her walls? What if she could have both? Or none at all?

   What if?

   It was time for her to decide.

Leave while she still could, or follow the Pogues wherever they were headed?

Which one was scarier?

"Time's ticking, princess!" JJ hollered.

John B honked the horn again, nodding. "C'mon! You know you want to, Penbrook!"

    "Who else is gonna save our asses?" Pope asked, sticking his head further out of the camper. "You know, when we inevitably end up needing it," he added.

    "He means when JJ needs it!" Kiara joked.

    "Hey! I save my own ass!"

   As they began to bicker, arguing about whether JJ was the one of saved his own ass or not, John B continued to honk at his horn, causing another ruckus in hopes of winning Sonny over. It was a riot, right there, in front of the Penbrook house. One big and messy Pogue-started riot, and Sonny could only let out a light laugh, something she rarely ever did, and shake her head at the idiots.

    "Sonny? What's all the noise?"

  The honking stopped.

    "Mrs Penbrook!" John B beamed at her.

Sonny's mom stepped further outside, Ed by her side, and blinked in surprise when she spotted the camper. She looked confused, but still smiled kindly at the boy. She'd always liked John Booker Routledge.

     "Sorry 'bout the noise, that's out bad." He told her, smile big and convincing. "We just need to borrow your daughter. We've got business to attend to!"

    "Important business," JJ added.

   Pope agreed with them, "Very, very important!"

    "It can't wait," sending them her best smile, Kiara tapped her finger against a wrist watch that didn't even exist. "Like, it really can't wait. Can we take her? And bring her back later?"

They all smiled innocently.

   Sonny scoffed when JJ went as far as pouting, cupping his hands under his chin.

    "You're friends with these guys?"

   She turned to her dad, watching him grin. He had always liked John B and his gang of misfits.

"Friends is a big word, dad." She sighed.

"We really bonded over the past two days, sir." JJ told him, "Instant chemistry, you know? She's become a valuable asset to our group like the rare jewel she is—" he ignored it when Sonny scowled at him. "Business is booming, it really can't be done without her."

Ed tried to look serious, "S'that right?"

"Already added her name to the cards," he put a hand in his pocket, pretending to take one out. "Hot off the printer, you wanna see 'em?"

"Sonny, let's go!" John B grew bored of waiting. He used one hand to smack the side of his van, ready to beep again. The boy sent her a pointed look. Sonny wondered what the rush was. "Duty calls! Move!"

    "C'mon!"

    "Let's go, Sonny!"

Sonny stood there, still undecided.

   "What's going on?" A voice asked from behind her.

   The girl cursed quietly, looking over her shoulder. Topper had gotten through the gap in their fences, likely to try and figure out what all the noise was.

   Their eyes met.

    "Sonny?" He asked, slowly glancing at the Pogues. Sonny wondered if anyone else could feel the tension, if they could see his cheeks turning crimson.

For a minute, it was like something straight from the shitty Westerns that were always playing on movie channels. Each Pogue glared at Topper and he glared right back, easily, and then at Sonny — who was slowly edging her way toward the gates, acting inconspicuous. Topper's eyes widened when the realisation kicked in, like it was the biggest betrayal yet, and it was then, when time seemed to stand still, that Sonny found herself making her decision.

Sonny bolted.

The Pogues cheered loudly and John B started up the van, making a beeline down the street. JJ chased after it, cackling as John B honked the horn again.

"Sonny!" Her mother called.

"I'll be back later!" She called as she ran after the van, the wind ticking her cheeks. "I swear!"

"Let's go! Let's go!"

"C'mon, Penbrook!" John B yelled.

"What about dinner?"

"I dunno!" Sonny turned around, shrugging unhelpfully, then continued chasing after the twinkie. "Save me some or something!"

"Have fun, sweetheart!" Her dad waved.

"Wait— Sonny? Sonny!" Topper jogged after her, hands thrown in the air. He shook his head at her, "What the hell?"

"Go away, Topper!"

He groaned.

"Sonny!"

"Let's go, princess!" JJ yelled, turning to take Pope's hand and haul himself into the van. He stuck his head back out, a grin on his face as he reached out a hand for her, not caring about the risk of falling. "C'mon! Just jump!"

Just jump.

    "You got this!" He flexed his hand.

Sonny smirked, picking up her pace and taking his hand in her own. He gripped onto it tightly.

   Just jump.

   So, she did. Sonny jumped at the same time JJ pulled, and the momentum lifted her from her feet and sent her flying, a laugh passing her lips as she landed in the van without much of a stumble. The Pogues hollered violently and Sonny felt a blissful rush pass over her.

"Fuck yeah!" John B pumped one fist.

"Pogues! Pogues! Pogues!"

JJ shook her by the shoulders, "Princess gone rogue!"

She rolled her eyes playfully and swiped JJ's sunglasses off his eyes, sliding them into her face. She hung herself out the van like JJ had, watching Topper's figure grow smaller with every passing second.

   She watched for a moment, quiet, then stuck up a middle finger in the air. Goodbye Topper Thornton.

"History has been made!" John B yelled at the top of his lungs as she ducked hack into the camper, wincing at all the screaming and squealing. "From this day, this fine ass day, the OBX is never gonna be the same!"

Sonny grinned.

"Welcome to the Pogues, Sonny Penbrook!"

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀   ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

292K 3.6K 25
''No pogue on pogue macking, I hate that rule" *i do not own anything besides ava and her story* creds to @Simp4StilesStilinsky story 'a pogues life'...
164K 3.9K 60
"š™€š™£š™¤š™Ŗš™œš™ š™œš™–š™¢š™šš™Ø" "š™…š™…-" "š™‰š™¤, š˜¾š™–š™”š™”š™žš™š, š™Ÿš™Ŗš™Øš™© š™©š™šš™”š™” š™¢š™š. š™š™žš™œš™š™© š™š™šš™§š™š, š™§š™žš™œš™š™© š™£š™¤š™¬, š™¬š™š™–š™© š™™š™¤ š™®š™¤š™Ŗ š™¬š™–ļæ½...
51.2K 1.2K 51
š…šŽšŽš‹'š’ š†šŽš‹šƒ āš™”š™¤š™Ŗ'š™§š™š š™£š™¤š™© š™©š™š™š š™ š™žš™£š™™ š™¤š™› š™„š™šš™§š™Øš™¤š™£ š™©š™š™–š™© š™„'š™¢ š™Øš™Ŗš™„š™„š™¤š™Øš™šš™™ š™©š™¤ š™”š™žš™ š™š.āž āš™”š™¤š™Ŗ š™ š™£š™¤š™¬, š™„ š™™š™¤ļæ½...
1.6M 20.2K 49
She was the first person he trusted with his secret. His safe place. He was the first guy she let all the way in. He could ground her when nobody els...