Why me? ~ mark sloan

By calix_schreave

"Sometimes when you get hurt, all it takes is one touch from that right person, and everything is suddenly ok... More

A/N
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
CHAPTER FORTY-TWO
CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FORTY-SIX
CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FORTY-NINE
CHAPTER FIFTY
CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE
CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO
CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE
CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

3.1K 50 2
By calix_schreave

Mark ran into the hospital, the twins in their stroller as he started his search for Vanessa. Last night he had tried calling her multiple times but in the end went to sleep, accepting that she would be back by morning. 

So when she wasn't back when he woke up he decided to start looking for her, he needed to know she was safe, that she was okay.

"Sloan?" Jackson called, confusion lacing his voice as his mentor walked through the door with the twins. Mark pushed the stroller in Jackson's direction and looked at Jackson frantically.

"Did Vanessa call you last night? Or stay at yours?" He asked, the questions spilling out of his mouth just slow enough for Jackson to catch them. He shook his head no, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Why?" He asked, now sharing Mark's concerned look for Vanessa.

"She w-was crying and then she just ran. She packed a bag Avery - she left." Mark was freaking out, worried for the love of his life.

"She ran away?" Jackson repeated in disbelief. What had happened for Vanessa to up and leave Mark and her children?

Owen walked around the corner and ran to his niece and nephew, crouching down to their level and cooing at them softly.

"Where's Vanessa?" He asked as he looked up and the smile on his face immediately drooped due to the expressions on the other men's faces.

"We don't know." Jackson answered as Mark rubbed his face. 

"You don't know?" Owen stood up and glared at Jackson.

"She ran." 

Owen looked off into the distance and tried to think.

"She didn't stay with you last night?" Mark asked, his anxiety only growing. 

"No? What happened?" Owen demanded, looking at Mark accusingly. 

"She was upset and we were in bed and then she just got up, packed a bag and ran. She didn't say why or where she was going, for how long - she just left me with the kids." Mark explained, running his hands through his hair. 

Owen paged Arizona to the entrance hall to take the kids to daycare as the three men worried about Vanessa and her safety.

"She was really worked up about something - she never said what it was and I never asked but then she just started packing a bag and I tried to go after her but she just ran." Mark was speaking quickly, trying his hardest to remember more details of the night. 

Arizona walked around the corner and saw the mini crowd. She jogged up to them and put her hands on the stroller handles, startling Mark who's back was to her.

"Hey guys, what's going on?" She asked, her award-winning smile plastered over her face but as she looked at each of the men it was quickly replaced by a frown, "What's going on?" She repeated more forcefully and they all looked at eachother before Jackson spoke up.

"Vanessa is...missing. Mark said she ran last night - we don't know why, where to or for how long." As Jackson was explaining, Mark paced further into the hospital, gripping his hair hard enough to pull it out. 

"Do you need me to do anything?" Arizona asked and Jackson nodded, being the only semi-calm person out of the three men.

"Can you take the twins - we need as little distraction as we can get and as many people helping." 

Arizona nodded, smiling weakly before wheeling the kids off to the daycare, leaning down and talking to them cheerily as she walked. As soon as the kids were gone Mark started walking further into the hospital, not speaking to either of the other men as they followed him.

"Can you page Dr Karev, please?" He asked the nurse and she nodded before taking the phone out and contacting the doctor. Mark leaned against the nurses desk and hid his face in his elbow, trying to gather his thoughts and calm himself down. 

"He says," Mark lifted his head up quickly as the nurse began to speak, "He'll be down as soon as he can but he's in a surgery right now." 

"Can you tell him- No, forget it. I'll tell him myself." Mark stormed to the stairwell, not bothering to wait for the elevator. Jackson and Owen decided to search the hospital for her - she might have gone there to crash in an on-call room.

---

"Karev." Mark walked through the door to the O.R with a mask held over his mouth.

"What is it? I'm busy." Alex snapped, not taking his eyes away from his patient that was open on the table.

"It's Vanessa," Alex lifted his head, "She...did you hear from her last night?" 

"No. Should I have?" He asked, instantly handing the scalpel over to an intern stood next to him.

"Can I speak to you outside, please?" Mark asked, willing his voice not to crack. Alex looked at the other surgeons in the room, deciding they could handle it without him. He ripped his mask and gloves off and began to scrub out.

"What happened?" He asked, looking at Mark as he scrubbed his hands.

"She was crying ab-about something - she didn't tell me what. And then she just got up and started packing a bag - she just left. Ran away." Mark explained, tears stinging his eyes as he recalled the memories that flooded through his brain.

"She just kept saying 'I have to leave. I have to go.'" His voice broke and Alex sighed. He had guessed that something like this would happen at some point but he thought it would be a lot later on.

"She...she thinks that she's a burden on everyone here," Alex started as he dried his hands, he knew Vanessa wouldn't want him to say anything but it was crucial, "I think you taking the knife for her was the tipping point. She kept her emotions at bay while you were here and I think being home and seeing the place where it happened opened the floodgates," Alex sighed, leaning on the sink and looking at Mark, "It's not your fault - she never even recovered from Jamie's death and now she's here and everything is piling on. She thinks she brought all of the bad things - that we would all be better without her." 

Mark covered his mouth with a shaky hand, tears clouding his vision. Alex had never seen Mark more distraught - not even when Vanessa was in the hospital - and it put him on edge more, usually Mark was at-least a little bit calm but it looked like he had completely lost all reason.

"I can text her - see if she'll answer me?" He offered as he opened the scrub room door and walked out into the corridor, pulling his phone out of his pocket.

Mark nodded his head, unable to form the words to express what he was feeling. Vanessa had brought everything good into his life. Before her he was just a whore that slept around because he was afraid of falling in love and getting hurt. But he would get hurt for her a thousand times over. 

Alex put his phone back in his pocket after he sent the message and they went back to the reception where Owen and Jackson were waiting, having looked in every on-call room and cupboard that Vanessa could have gotten into. 

"What about asking-"

"We're already taking three of the doctors - we don't need to take any more." Owen turned to face Jackson as the four of them started to walk out of the doors.

"Wait! We're coming." Derek called as he, Cristina and Lexie joined the group. Hunt looked at them incredulously before looking at the original group of men.

"Wasn't me." Alex shrugged and Mark shook his head. Owen's gaze turned to Jackson who was desperately trying to shrink into himself.

"Avery?" 

"Alright. I texted Lex. But I told her not to tell anyone." Jackson hissed and Owen pinched the bridge of his nose. 

"No-one else knows. No-one else is coming with us." He announces and everyone nods as they walk into the parking lot. They unconsciously formed a circle to begin to strategize who was going where.

"Right. Groups. Me and Sloan," Owen announced and Mark nodded, "Karev and Avery," They looked at each-other exasperatedly but nodded their heads, "Shepherd you go with Yang and Grey." Everyone nodded, happy with their groups.

"Look everywhere, text her as many times as you can - she's bound to answer to someone. As soon as you get an answer or you find her you page or call me or Sloan alright? When you do find her, do whatever you can to get her to come back here with you. Here. Not whoever's place, not Joe's, not a hotel somewhere. Here. The hospital." Owen ordered, his army side coming screaming out. 

"Go." Everyone dispersed, getting in their respective cars and driving out of the hospital, all trying to find one very small, very sneaky, Vanessa Hunt.

*******************************************************

A/N: here this is :/

What do you think of Vanessa running away?

there's probably a lot of mistakes here so just let me know <3

Thanks for reading :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

980 39 28
"I have to stop believing people, because I always end up getting hurt!"
97.3K 2.8K 36
~When your heart has broken into a million pieces, sometimes someone's there to pick up all the pieces even if they do get cut along the way. ~ -comp...
882 2 24
"you move me" "i what?" "you move me. everything you do and everything you say, it just affects me in a way nothing else can. i really like you and i...
30.7K 1.2K 37
No matter how many times you get knocked down, you will always have someone to pick you back up.