Lady Illea (Lady Illea #1)

By LillyStoryTeller

Alessandra Maia Carswell is the newest competitor for the selection. Having been raised an only child by her... More

Prologue
Before You Start
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
(Sneak Peak)
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thrity Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Epilogue
(Deleted Scene)
(Deleted Scene)
(Important)
(Lady Illea 2 Will Be Up Tomorrow!)
(Yours Truly, Lady Illea)
HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY LADY ILLEA

Chapter Twenty Nine

7.9K 233 45
By LillyStoryTeller

"And he left!"

"Just left?"

"Just left!"

     Esmeralda heaved a heavy, exagerrated sigh and shook her head, making her jet black curls bounce. Beneath her hair she looked at me with eyes that burned vertigo.

"This is why I hate men" she said the word 'men' with a bit of scorning tone.

Alma plucked another rose from my hair and put it into the bowl I was holding. "I think he's flirting"

I pursed my lips. "He was not flirting!"

Junebug gigled and pulled back the sheets on my bed. "I think he is"

I rolled my eyes. "Well he sucks at it!"

   At that moment Esmeralda spun on her heels and turned to face, pushing her face into mine. She stared at me hard and I had to lean back to avoid her gave.

"Hmm" she squinted, then grinned. "I think its working. You look pretty flushed.

"Do not!" I squealed.

Alma laughed. "You sound like a mouse"

I cleared my throat and plucked a rose from my hair dropping it in the bowl. "Am not" I insisted.

     My room was lit by several candles and a small lamp. After being left on the balcony I decided I didn't want to stay for desert and just went back to my room. Junebug was preparing my bed and Esmeralda glidded into the bathroom to run a hot bath. I was exhausted.

    I left the balcony doors to open and the warm summer night ait filled my bedroom. It rained early and I could smell the scent of rain after it hit the Earth. I kicked off my heels and let my toes sink into the plush carpets. I was dying to go to bed.

   When I came back to my bedroom my girls were sewing together my dress for the Report tomorrow and I didn't spare a moment, diving straight into my story. The sapphire blue dress was soon forgotten, lying on the back of Junebug's favorite chair.

"Alma?" I said, fiddling with the petals of a rose.

"Hm?"

"What do you think of him?"

"Of who, sweetheart?"

"Of Will"

I felt her fingers stop short in my hair momentarily, then she picked up immediately. "I think he's a good man. With a good heart. He loves his country and he loves his family. He will make a great king. He reminds me much of his granparents in that sense"

"Yes but," I thought for a moment. "Loving your family and country is great and all but what are his qualities as a person?"

   The room was silent and even Esmeralda slowly emerged from the bathroom.

Junebug sat in her chair silently and went into her basket of sewing things. "I like him," she said. "Very much so"

"But why" I pressed. "What is so good about him?"

Esmeralda wipped her hands and tossed the rag into her basket. "He's fair" she said with a quiet conviction. "And just, and honest, and forgiving. He believes in equality and treats everyone he meets with respect. There is nothing in his heart of gold that is anything short of pure goodness and love. He's headstrong, and intelligent, and wise."

   If I didn't know any better Esmeralda sounded just a tinge angry, or hurt. I couldn't tell the difference.

After a moment of silence she continued. "If that doesn't make up a good man than I don't know what does." she looked down at her hands. "He's saved all our lives more times then I could count, and far more than I care to admit" she didn't say anything another moment and hastily she grabbe dher basket. "If you'll excuse me."

   I reached out for her but I was sitting. Not like it mattered I was too far from the door anyway. She walked right out of the room and the door slammed just a tad bit too loud causing everyone in the room to jump a bit.

    For a while we were all just there, in my bedroom, silent. I felt a tiny bit embarrassed I had asked. Almost as if I were implying something, I realize now I was wrong. I assumed I hit a soft spot.

"I'm sorry" I blurted out.

Alma plucked another rose from my hair and Junebug looked up.

"Its alright"

I turned to face Alma and I shook my head. "I didn't mean-"

"I know" Alma turned me around so she could continue with my hair.

"Esmeralda has a soft spot for the Prince" Junebug whispered. 

"How come?"

Junebug shakily stuck her needle through the fabric she was holding and pulled it back out with a shaky hand. "Esmeralda used to get into a lot of trouble when she was a little girl. Its hard growing up and not knowing anything but a broken family and being a worker in the palace your whole life." Junebug shrugged. "She used to get into a lot of trouble and start fights. And the Prince would always vouch for her."

"He would vouch for all of us," Alma added testily. "As my memory recalls you and I weren't saints when we were younger either"

Junebug made an irritated sound in the back of her throat. "The only trouble I ever got in was because I was the two of you."

"How very ill you speak of your keepers"

"Yes, the same keepers that one to many times placed me in harms way" Junebug snapped.

"As I recall you were the one that never liked being left in the dark!" Alma shot back.

"Oh how funny it seems, since I was so often there anyway" Junebug sat back in her chair without saying a word.

Alma plucked a rose from my hair and quietly said, "Being locked in that gutter rat's cage was your own doing"

"What I shame I finally came out," she didn't raise her eyes from her sewing. "I store things there occasionally"

     Suddenly the tension in the room was thick I could slice it with a knife.  I swallowed, feeling the rock in my throat, and contined running my fingers through my hair. I didn't get exactly what they meant but I supposed they were speaking in metaphors.

     After a while I got sick of the heavy feeling in the room so I told Alma I would finish up with my hair and she and Junebug could have the rest of the night off. On their way out they wouldn't make eye contact until Junebug asked,

"Where are the sheets that needed to be cleaned?"

Alma answered back haughtily, "I don't know, perhaps in the gutter where you store everything else"

  I looked up from my journal and turned away from the vanity to look at them.

Junebug eyes Alma with a certain ferocity. "Fine then I'll look for them myself"

"While you're at it go find Esmeralda. We have dishes to clean downstairs."

Junebug with a heavy expression wiped her forehead. "She's probably speaking with the Prince"

"Oh good," Alma snapped her wrists and she flippedc the sheets over on my bed. "Perhaps you can finally speak to him since you know, you're in love with him an all."

"Alma"

   Junebug's eyes widened like a blooming flower. There was a level of betrayl and anger hidden under the honey of her eyes and she looked ready to shot flames from her fingertips, her cheeks were flushed, and her lips were pursed. I'd never seen her so angry before.

"You're such a little-"

Alma turned around. "A little what? Says the mute inconsiderate little brat thats sit around all day doing nothing but mope in self-pity! You had your chance to tell him a long time agai and you didn't! Its no one's fault but your own!"

"You're such a wench, Alma!" the frustration and anger was clear in Junebug's tone but even irate she was still soft toned. "You're just a bitter old maid who's fiancee ran off with a woman that worked a corner!"

   At this my jaw dropped. It shocked me how little I actually knew about my maids. I always felt as though I knew them so well.

"That was a low blow even for you!"

Junebug scoffed. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means its low even for a girl that kisses the feet of a man who thinks nothing more of her than a maid that always seemed to spark trouble!"

Junebug clenched her jaw tightly. "Oh shut up Alma!" she exclaimed, tears flooding her eyes.

"You're parents would be disappointed!"

"No they wouldn't! They'd be proud of me I'm a good girl!"

Alma lifted her chin with a tinger of superiority. "You're right there is not much two no good parents could be proud of"

I flew out of my seat. "Alma-" I said softly, trying to calm the flames but it didn't work.

Junebug crossed her arms and the venom leaked from her lips. "I'd rather have my parents, ones that no matter what loved and acknowledged me then be the illegitimate daughter of a floor scrumbbing eight and pervertive two with nothing better to do then look at the chest of a girl an entire decade younger than him"

Shots. Fired.

  Alma snapped and she advanced towards Junebug. "You're such a-!"

"Such a what?" Junebug challenged. "Little girl!"

Alma screamed in anguish and I snapped.

"That's enough!" I yelled. "So help me God don't either of you mutter another word!"

    I was surprised by how forceful, and powerful my voice sounded. I sounded authoritative. I was also surprised by how quickly my opening my mouth shut them up. I was so surprised by how far things escalated. One moment we were plucking roses from my hair the next they were ready to swing at each other.

"Pick up what you need to and go" I said. "You'll be allowed entrance into this room as soon as the both you learn how to act like young ladies in my presence. You want to brawl? Brawl. But not in my room and most certainly not when I am here."

   Alma and Junebug were to ashamed to look at me. They both took their things and walked out the room with another word. I collapsed into the chair in front of my bed, too exhausted to do anything else. Even take off my dress. I kind of wish they'd fought after removing this gown.

   There was a knock on the door and I was frustrated. I wasn't having them back in my room. I stormed out of my chair and stomped over to the door yanking open the door.

"If you come to apologize then-!"

   I stopped mid sentence and suddenly I couldn't figure out how to speak English.

"Oh. Um. Oops?"

-

-

-

Merry Christmas guysssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love you all bunches!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just wanted to tell you all thank you so much for reading this story your continuous love and support has gained this story 2.2k reads with readers from the U.S, the U.K., Canada, Austrailia, Syria, Mexico, Argentina, Columbia, and Ireland! It's soooooo amazing and weird to think that people in all these different countries have seen my story!

So I love you and thank you!

I have a bit of a surprise for you!

Since its Christmas I'm taking up requests on anythign and absolutely anything you guys want. That includes any short stories, background stories, POV's from characters you are curious about. Absolutely anything!

So just comment below and tell me exactly what you want because specifics are the best! Especially since there's such a variety of things you guys could want!

Again Merry Christmas ily guys don't forget to comment below and be back next time for some Wilessandra/ Wilessa (ughhh that ship name so indescisive!) happy holidays!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2K 158 14
Peter and Yuri had been dating for a while now but what happens when Peter finds out that Yuri was caught up in a shooting?
502K 18K 97
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
2.4K 118 22
"if you're here you need help or its just for a dumb reason" Ashton says "im here for self harm and anorexia" i start "im here for self harm" calum...
383K 13.8K 45
*UNDER EDITING* Elisa Carams is a two from Hampton, a small, reserved state of Illèa. As a two, she is a part of the highest social elites, has prope...