Howl of Konoha (Naruto Fan-fi...

By strawberrylover013

The Himura clan worships their deity; the great mountain dog (wolf) Okami. But the Himura clan sealed the dei... More

Blood and Hate
Becoming a Ninja
Team 7!!!
The bell test...
Mission: land of waves!
Training in the waves
Okamis warning and Zabuza's return
B ranked mission: cleared!
M-My house!!!! And the Chunin Exam
A series of Changes
The Chunin Exams first test
The Written Test....
Second Exam: Forest of Death
Stick Together
A Snakes Poison
Backup has arrived!
Who are you..?
Moving on
Making up
Don't Listen
More Training...!?
First Match: Natsuki versus Kankuro
Naruto versus Neji
Shikamaru versus Temari
Egos Clash Gaara versus Sasuke
Attack on Konoha Snake versus Wolf Part I
Attack on Konoha Snake versus Wolf Part II
The Monster Inside
Tears from the Sky and a Broken Wolf's Cry
Ghost from the Past
When Nighttime Falls
The Fifth Hokage
Mission at the beach!!
What's Under Your Mask!?!?
Remembering the Past
On Your Marks. Get Set. GO!
The Calm Before the Storm
You cant trust an Uchiha
Starting a new life for Him
Until We Meet Again

Halfway

3.3K 101 15
By strawberrylover013

"Oi, Idate!" Naruto called out, "The sea is in the other direction!"

We were running after Idate on foot serving as his guards like the mission required but the fool we were guarding wasn't making things easy.

"Where are you going, idiot? Come back!"

"Who'd go back?!" Idate tsked and picked up his speed, leaving us in the dust behind him. Damn this guy's fast.

We continued to chase after Idate the idiot going through the forest, we stuck to the canopy of the trees.

"Guys, we're catching up! I can smell Idate!" I called back to my team mates.

"But it's impossible now. Now that he's this far from the port, there's no way he could win." Sakura said.

"No, he may of intended to come this way to begin with." Sasuke suggested.

"I agree with Sasuke. Have a little faith in the guy. He seemed so set on winning before so it's hard to believe that he would just run away." I said. "I mean, hell, I don't even like the guy but I know he wouldn't do something as cowardly as running away."

"You've got a point..." Sakura trailed.

"Oh, look! There he is!" I called back and dropped down from the trees to solid ground, Naruto followed suit while Sasuke and Sakura continued the chase in the trees.

"Hey, moron! Why'd you come this direction?" Naruto asked as he ran along side Idate.

"Shut up! It's none of your business!" Idate growled.

"What's with that attitude of yours?" I commented.

"I said, shut up!"

The terrain changed from the forest to the rocky mountain face. My senses were going crazy as I ran. Naruto was too busy with Idate so I looked up to Sasuke and Sakura. Their eyes meet mine and we shared a nod. Something was wrong.

"Naruto! Idate! Be careful--" I was cut off by Idate blindly running straight for the cliff edge. "Watch out!" I cried but Idate ran right over the edge, plummeting to the awaiting ground. Shit!

Without a moments hesitation, I jumped over the cliff after him. All I left behind me was the sound of my team screaming my name. I quickly bit my finger and performed a hand sign, "Summoning Jutsu!"

In a puff of smoke, a large white wolf appeared and caught Idate by the collar out of mid air. I landed on Konoyumi's back and she in turn touched down on an outstretched ledge. With a strong push from her hind legs, she expertly climbed the mountain face and jumped back to where the others were waiting for us.

Konoyumi spat out Idate from her vice like grip and he plomped on his butt back on solid ground. I jumped off Konoyumi's back and stalked my way over to the idiot who nearly got himself killed.

Naruto was about to chew out Idate for being so reckless but I beat him to the cake and my palm collided with Idate's cheek.

Everyone stared at me in shock for my action, even Konoyumi was surprised.

Idate placed a hand on the cheek I slapped him on, his eyes wide as saucers. My eyes narrowed at him as silence claimed us.

After Idate finally managed to process what had just happened, his eyebrows knitted together in anger. He was about to lash out at me but I had a few choice words of my own to say.

"You idiot!" I exclaimed, I could taste the venom beginning to seep through my tone. "It's your god damned fault we were in a situation like that! Do you ever think? We're trying to do our damn job and you ain't making things any easier! You're a childish, immature fool!"

"What'd you say! I had it covered! You didn't have to do such unnecessary things!" Idate butted heads with me.

"Unnecessary things? You mean like saving your life?! Would you of preferred it if I did let you die?! Huh? Would you of been happy then?" I fired back.

"I told you I had everything under control!"

"Bullshit! From where I was, it sure as hell didn't look like it, bud."

"It was because you four got in my way!"

"Can't you even say thanks for being saved? Is it that hard for you?!" I screamed.

"You saved me because that's your mission, right? You don't care if I died any other time!"

"Stop talking like you know us! Mission or no mission, if I see someone I know I could save, of course I would choose to save them! Even if they are spoiled, ungrateful assholes like you, I wouldn't think twice about saving them!!!" I counter. My words must of shaken up something inside of Idate because he found it difficult to form words.

"How do you think Jirochou-san would feel knowing you died?" Idate's eyes widened. "He would feel horrible, he would of done anything to save you. So I suggest you get your head out of your ass and smell the damn roses, everything isn't about you."

Silence once again made its appearance as Idate soaked up my words. I huffed and walked over to Konoyumi. She eyes me carefully as I stroked her snow white fur. "It's okay. I'm alright now, you can go back if you want." I said.

She nuzzled her head into my cheek and growled out. "Yes, Milady. But I can sense that something still isn't right, my fur is standing on end. Please be careful and call on us if things get too out of hand." I nodded at the concerned wolf and she disappeared back to where she came from.

I turned back to the others to see them all standing up on their feet, ready to go. Idate turned his back to me a walked down the path he was already going down.

"Hey, where are you going? Aren't you going to go back to Degarashi Port?" Naruto called out to him.

"You idiot. I'm going to keep heading north." Idate said over his shoulder.

"North? Could it be that its faster?" Sakura asked.

"Well, yeah." Idate smirked.

"I wonder. We can't trust him." Naruto whispered to me.

Idate turned back to us scowling. "This is why ninja are no good! Right around this season, a seasonal wind blows in this area. I noticed it when I saw the cloud movements at the starting line. That the seasonal winds were coming." Idate explained. "Moreover, there's a current that moves straight towards Nagi Island at the northern port. I'm much smarter than you guys, you see."

"Yet you still ran off a cliff." I stated monotoned.

Idate's eyes narrowed and he begun to head north. "Whatever, just hurry up!"

The further we ran, the stronger the smell of salt water got. I stared off ahead and could just make out a glimpse of blue through the remaining tree foliage. "I see the sea!"

Just like I said, the ocean came into full view. It was like a little bay with a few boats scattered along the shore line. The clouds in the sky were a gloomy grey, it looks like it is going to rain.

"See that offshore?" Idate pointed out towards the sea, we all nodded. "Its the halfway point where the Modoroki Shrine is located. We can reach there in about an hour. Wait a sec."

Idate ran off to an old beach house a few meters away from us and knocked on the door. An old man appeared from behind the wooden door and smiled at Idate. After discussing with the old man for a few minutes, Idate led us over to a huge boat. We cast off and traveled by boat for the next stretch. Sasuke was put in charge of steering the boat, Naruto and Sakura were put in charge of the sails, while I stood up at the front of the boat with Idate as lookout.

Some where along the line, Idate and I engaged in a somewhat polite conversation.

"Hey, I'm sorry for earlier..." My ears twitch at his soft spoken voice.

"Sorry for what? You'll have to be more specific." I stated, my eyes glued to the horizon.

"For everything. I was rude and a complete idiot when all you were doing was your job."

"Heh, you were more than rude and an idiot. You were a complete asshole." I glowered.

"Yea.... I know. And for that I'm sorry and thank you for saving my life."

I was taken aback and stared at Idate the idiot with wide eyes. I was speechless.

"I don't have an excuse for why I was like I was but I guess all I can really say is that I hate ninja and I thought you were all the same."

"Why do you hate ninja? Is there a reason?" Idate didn't respond to my question. Thinking it was a subject he wasn't ready to talk about I steered the conversation in another direction. "Well, just so you know, there is no one else like me, so there." The hidden meaning behind my statement becoming visible.

Lucky for me, Naruto and Idate started to bicker about the chunin exams which only raised my suspicions about Idate more. It wasn't till Idate's last comment that I understood.

"Idate, where you..." Sakura started.

"... a ninja?" I finished. Idate looked away from all of us.

"I remember now. Morino Idate. Doesn't that name ring a bell?" Sasuke said from his post at the helm.

"Morino...?" I thought and sirens went off in my head. "Ibiki-san!"

"That's right, the first examiner was Ibiki-san; Morino Ibiki." Sakura put the pieces of the conversation together.

"What'd you say?!" Idate snapped his neck towards us. "My brother is alive?"

"Of course he's alive!" Naruto exclaimed. "He asked a really strange question for the tenth question and Natsuki had a good go at him too, it was pretty funny and cool!"

"Is it true? Is he really alive?" Idate pressed like he didn't believe us. We were all cut off by an arrow hitting the deck of the ship at our feet.

"An ambush!" I called out and pulled out a kunai. Behind us, another boat was closing in. Three men in white with gas masks covering their faces stood on their deck.

One of the men loaded a crossbow and fired arrows at us. We parried them with our kunai's as they came down like rain.

Sasuke hatched a plan and explained it to everyone. "Naruto and I will drive back the pursuers. I'll leave Idate in your hands Sakura. Natsuki, provide back up for everyone when needed."

"Wouldn't it be better if Idate ran away?" Sakura questioned.

"It's too late for that!" Sasuke snapped and blocked another wave of arrows from hitting. However, the arrows attached themselves to the sides of our boat. Ropes that were attached to the arrows pulled the pursuers' boat closer to us.

"Naruto, cut the ropes." Sasuke ordered and left Naruto to his job.

The blonde tugged and pulled on the ropes but they didn't loosen. Having no other choice but to cut it, Naruto went to pull out a kunai, but his pouch was empty.

"Crap! Where are all my kunai!?" Naruto panicked. The boat was catching up so I hastily severed the ropes. The boat was left behind us.

I sighed in relief but tensed when Sakura's scream tickled my ears. I swung around and the men I saw on the boat earlier did an Orochimaru and came out of the boat's floor boards.

"They're only replications. They'll only attack from the real one, so its alright!" Naruto said but I thought other wise.

Sasuke activated his Sharingan and called back to us his findings. "Naruto! Natsuki! Sakura! The real one is hidden within the replications! Be careful!"

Sakura stood in front of Idate. "Sasuke-kun, guide me!"

Me and Naruto eyed up the enemy and I used my senses to aid me.

"Idate, stay behind Sakura no matter what!" I called.

"Who would accept help from a ninja!" Idate growled.

"Are you seriously still saying that even in this situation!?" Naruto shouted.

"Idate, I swear I will personally kill you if you don't cut this bullshit out! Now is not the time!!" I glared daggers.

One of the enemies replications lunged at Naruto from behind ready to attack.

"Naruto, catch!" I exclaimed and threw my kunai at him. He caught it and cut down the clone.

"Natsuki, what about yo--" Naruto cut off when he saw my appearance. My over grown nails and fangs were prominent and darkened black and gold eyes stared into the blonde's blue.

"I'm fine." I said.

Like someone rang the dinner bell, all of the replications came at us at once. Sasuke and Naruto slashed the clones left and right while I practically dance through my opponents. A swipe here, a bite there and that was the rhythm I moved at.

The sky begun to rain oil, making the flooring slippery. Naruto was having trouble moving around a freely so I gave him a hand with his opponents.

Sasuke was about to perform a fire jutsu before Sakura stopped him. Instead, an ignited arrow flew onto our boat and set it ablaze.

As the fires rose, so did the temperature. The foundation of the boat was falling apart while everyone was cloaked by smoke in their own battles. At the rate we were going, the boat wasn't going to make it to shore.

"Crap!" I formed some hand signs and slammed my palm on the contaminated wood. "Summoning Jutsu!"

All my wolves were assembled before me.

"Everyone! Climb onto their backs, quickly!" I ordered and mounted Konoyumi. Sasuke went with Daisuke, Naruto with Kanata, Sakura with Tsubasa, and we had to practically force Idate on to Yutsuki.

As the last of the boat disintegrated in the heat of the flames, we all jumped off the boat on my wolves and swam to the shore, only just escaping.

We managed to reach the shore and I climbed down from Konoyumi, patting her soaked fur, and walked over to where the others were assembled.

"Is everyone alright?" I asked. They nodded but Tsubasa called out to me.

"Milady!" I ran over to Tsubasa who had Saskura laying down on his back.

"What's wrong?" I asked and pulled Sakura off the grey wolf's back.

"She was injured."

I examined the pinkette and saw her clutching her shoulder. "Sakura, let me take a look."

Sakura painfully removed her hand from her shoulder and I stared at the blood pooling down her arm. "Damn, it's pretty deep. Naruto! Can you get me some salt water?"

Naruto did as I asked and helped me wash out Sakura's wound. She let out a few screams at the stinging pain but calmed down when I bandaged her up.

"What happened?" I asked.

"While I was helping to protect Idate-san and get him off the boat, one of the enemy ninja got a shot at me." Sakura forced out through clenched teeth.

"You did good. You weren't useless for a change." I tried to lighten the mood. I was happy when Sakura smiled at me. "Tsubasa, I'm putting you in charge of looking after her." I ordered the wolf.

"Yes, Milady." He said and sat down next to Sakura. My eyes meet with Idate the idiot's and anger bubbled up in me and I took long strides towards him before shoved him back.

"What the hell is your problem!" I barked.

"Huh? What are you talkin--" Idate said but I cut him off.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about! I've had it up to here with you! You've been nothing but a grade A pain in my ass since we've meet! Before, I would of sucked it up but not this time! You've taken things too far!" I scream at him.

"Listen, I don't know what--"

"You almost got Sakura killed!" I snapped. "I might not like her, even at the best of times but I consider my team as my family, even Sakura and her annoying ways! I swear to god, if anything and I mean anything like this happens again through out this mission, I will tear you apart piece by little piece and feed you to my wolves. Mission or not. Do I make myself clear?!"

My eyes flicked black and gold a few times to help get the point across. Idate was speechless but I could see the fear swim in his eyes clear as day. He knew I wasn't playing around.

I pushed past Naruto and Sasuke who were standing in my way and walked back over to Sakura. I helped her back onto Tsubasa's back before mounting Konoyumi again.

"Come on. We should get moving." I said. "We'll go the rest of the way on wolf back.

_____________________________

We have been running in silence now for a while. Ahead of us was Idate on Yutsuki - my fastest wolf - Naruto and Sasuke on top of Daisuki and Kanata were close behind. I stayed back with Sakura to make sure she was okay and not going to fall.

Things were awkward in the group after my blow up against Idate so it was fair to say the rest of the race would be awkward.

My ears twitched and I looked up, my eyes widened at the oncoming threat the others failed to spot.

"Watch out!" I exclaimed but it was too late. One by one we were all knocked down to the ground. My wolves climbed to their feet and bared their fangs at the enemy. A man wearing a grey and purple full body suit and umbrella resting on his shoulder snickered at us. The head band tied around his head showed he was ninja from the Hidden Rain Village. I pulled myself to my feet and held a kunai in a ready to attack potion. The rain ninja's smirk widened at my action.

"Sorry to say you won't be going any further than this." He said.

"Well, I'm sorry to say you're wrong. Now get out of my way, or else." I warned.

The ninja had a look of subtle insanity carved into his eyes, it was bone chilling to say the least. Idate groaned as he took in the situation, when his eyes meet the rain ninja his pulse quickened.

"Rokushou Aoi..." I heard Idate make out.

"It's good to see you too, Idate-kun. You still a coward?" Aoi grinned. Idate gritted his teeth together.

"I don't know who you are, nor do I care. So I suggest you back off before someone loses an eye, namely you." I growled. Silently my wolves circled around Aoi.

"Heh, you're quite the joker, arn't you?"

"I aim to please." I shot back.

"No matter. I'm only here to buy time. Fukusuke should be arriving at the Modoroki Shrine about now. There's no way you can win now."

"I wouldn't be so sure!" I kicked off and launched towards Aoi. I took a swipe to his face that he dodged, I clicked my tongue against the roof of my mouth, my speed picking up. The more I swiped, the more difficult it was getting for Aoi to evade me. Eventually he was forced to block with his umbrella.

Aoi deflected my next attack and kicked me in the stomach. I flew back and slammed into a tree, knocking the wind out from my lungs. Small droplets of water fell from the sky 'til eventually the rain poured down. Aoi was stuck trying to dodge the attacks my wolves unleashed as they lunged at him. The agility and stamina us wolves had was far more than that of a human, we would do better at winning a fight by tiring out our opponent.

Naruto and Sasuke came to and took in the battle against Aoi.

"Wood Style: Vine Lock!" I chanted and vines wrapped securely around Aoi's legs and body. Naruto and the others watched as I had a go at the captured rain ninja.

I made another hand sign, "Earth Style: Wolf Claw!" The earth from the ground rose and molded around my right arm and solidified into a giant paw. I ran at the trapped Aoi and swiped at him left and right. I jumped back and the Aoi I had been attacking disolved into water. I tsked and searched for the real enemy. The hairs on the back of my neck stood on end and a chill swept up my already shivering body. I got a bad feeling.

"Daisuke! Kanata! Yutsuki! Help Tsubasa protect Sakura and the others! Konoyumi, help me out!" I ordered. Daisuke and his team stood protectivly around the others while me and Konoyumi searched for Aoi.

"Natsuki, let us help!" Naruto called out to me.

"No. You guys just stay back!" I replied.

"Natsuki, don't be an idiot!" This time it was Sasuke who spoke.

"I'm not having that. Just protect Idate and Sakura! I can hadle this guy!"

"Heh heh heh. You sure have guts, I'll give you that." Aoi's voice sounded from the canopy. I threw a handful of shuriken at him but he avoided the attack.

"Aoi! Come out and face me, coward!" I bellowed.

Aoi's laughter rang through the sound of the pouring rain. My ears twitched and my head snapped over to Aoi now standing a little too close to my team. I noticed Idate trying to get to his feet but he couldn't, he just kept collapsing.

Aoi leered at Idate like he was a new born calf. "You can no longer stand, let alone run, Idate. By the time the poison circulates through your body, you will arrive at a different goal..." Aoi paused for effect. "A goal called the Otherworld."

"Get the hell away from them, pig!" I screamed and swiped my long claws at Aoi's back. He disappeared and reappeared behind me, a swift kick was delivered to my abdomen followed by a series of punches. I cried out in pain as I hit the ground. Deep blue bruises already beginning to decorate my pale body.

Aoi turned back to Idate and beat him while telling him to run away like a coward. I tried to get up to my feet but I couldn't. Lucky for me; Naruto and Sasuke saved the day by creating a smoke screen for us to escape.

________________________________

We eventually made it to the Modoroki Shrine and were seen to. I was the first to be fixed up. I found my way over to Sakura who was still being guarded by Tsubasa. I patted the wolf on the head and knelt down to treat the pinkette. She was doing better and just needed to rest when everything was over.

"N-Natsuki..." Sakura forced out. I gave her my full attention.

"Yeah, its me. What's up?"

"How... is Idate-san?"

"He's been poisoned I think. I havn't gotten around to checking on him yet." I said.

Sakura nodded and pulled out a small bottle from her pouch. "Here. Give... these to Idate-san." I took them and asked what they were for. "Tsunade-sama gave them to me when we left the Village... She thought they would be of some use." Sakura slowly said.

I nodded and took the bottle. I made her take one of the pills in the bottle and went off to find Idate and the others but Sasuka stopped me. "Thank you, Natsuki. For everything."

I smiled and walked off.

Idate was laying inside the shrine with the others from the Wasabi Family close by. I knelt down next to Idate and poured out the contents of the small bottle. Naruto and Sasuke walked into the room and watched me.

I took one of the pills and pushed it into Idate's mouth. However, Idate refused the pill and spat it back out. I cursed under my breath and asked one of the Wasabi's to get me a glass of water.

The man quickly returned and handed me the glass. I took the pill into my mouth followed up with a swig of water. Leaning over Idate, I connected out lips and gently pushed the pill and water into Idate's mouth. Thankfully, Idate didn't spit it out this time and he swallowed. I pulled back and saw Idate regain consciousness.

Idate pulled himself into a sitting position and stared at me as I wiped the dripping water from my mouth, Idate did the same thing after he processed everything. I stood up and went to head outside to be with my wolves. I turned back to the people in the room and my eyes meet with Sasuke's.

I tossed him and Naruto a pill each. "We're leaving in 10."

Then I walked off.

======================================================

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!~

As a christmas present to all you wonderful readers from me, I will do a non-stop updating marathon until Howl of Konoha is finished (well the first book anyway :P)

I hope you enjoyed and I am working on the next chappie now <3

xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165K 6.9K 40
Sasuke Uchiha never left Konoha. The Uchiha massacre never happened. Itachi Uchiha - Sasuke's older brother, didn't join Akatsuki. Sasuke was never c...
182K 8.3K 34
It's been two years since the Danzo incident. Two whole years since the members of Team 7 have had any interaction with one another. But when an emer...
908K 33.9K 68
After her clan massacre and the death of her brother, Yuyan Hane travels to Konoha and is saved by Konoha's distinguished Itachi Uchiha who raises he...
17.1K 279 17
This story Naruto uzumaki finds out the most horrible truth about his wife and friend on team7 aka sakura Haruno when he does find out he realizes ho...