To Escape Our Demise

By pastel_temptations

Sequel to Prisoners of the Facility More

{| - 1 - |}
{| - 2 - |}
{| - 3 - |}
{| - 4 - |}
{| - 5 - |}
{| - 6 - |}
{| - 7 - |}
{| - 8 - |}
{| - 9 - |}
{| - 10 - |}
{| - 11 - |}
{| - 12 - |}
{| - 13 - |}
{| - 15 - |}
{| - 16 - |}
{| - 17 - |}
{| - 18 - |}
{| - 19 - |}
{| - 20 - |}
{| - End -> Book 3 - |}

{| - 14 - |}

237 11 12
By pastel_temptations

I was so proud of this but Max likes one crappy drawing of mine but not this?? I'm kinda upset over that but like what can I do when senpai doesn't notice me ;-;
Lol jk—

Hope you all enjoy this chapter!!

Also I just had a great idea. I might do it, I might not, but my idea is: when the series is done, I should write a prequel to it. As in, some aspects of during the war, most POV's would be the doctors and facility owners, it would reveal backstory of said facility owners as well. Maybe even some bits of TC as kids before they were taken?? Might be pretty cool--

- Glitch
—————————

[ Jason's POV ]

Floating only one foot off the ground I summoned my withering magic. My hands and arms turned a charcoal color and texture. The dark charcoal pattern beneath my feet stayed with me and didn't spread.

Today I was practicing specific moves with my abilities. I was trying to learn how to confine it to one place instead of spreading everywhere.

Guards stood stock still on the other side of the room wearing gas masks. I was only supposed to engulf one person at a time with my withering poison.

I put the pads of my fingertips together and then slowly spread them apart; an orb of withering smoke and gas appeared. It grew bigger the more I concentrated.

"You need to be able to do it quicker!" Mr. Adams voice sounded over the intercom.

I growled and lost focus, and fueled my hands into fists, making the orb disappear and the entire room filled with the poison gas. I fixed my gaze at him, "I'm trying my best! I'm not going to master it with you shouting in my ear all the time!"

Mr. Adams locked eyes with me. I huffed out and touched back down to the ground and slowly the gas cleared.

"You need to practice getting faster." He said more calmly.

"First I need to practice actually being able to do it. I've only done it a few times!" I unclenched my fists and took a deep breath. I proceeded to ignore him and try again. I did it slightly faster and the orb grew more and more to fit the guards size. I sent it over to them and engulfed one of the guards fully in smoke. After about a minute I left it disperse. The smoke faded after a few seconds.

I did it again but this time I formed it far away, directly over another guard's head. I didn't make it very big but if he didn't have the mask on he would have been dead. With a wave of my hand the bubble of smoke grew and stretched to fit around every guard in the room. I let it disperse after.

"Very good.." Mr. Adams said through the intercom. While I hated being shouted at I hated the praise more. Whoopee so glad I'm training to kill people..

I huffed and did this exercise and a few more over and over again, practicing my speed. Last time I was here I was working with my HEADs and practicing commands that I could possibly use. Examine the terrain, examine person, examine me. They worked perfectly. I was really careful not to give a command that would give away the fact one of them wasn't working the way they were supposed to. It was my ticket out of here. I just had to figure out how I could do that.

I kept going with my training, until I looked over and saw Mr. Adams shouting at everyone in the room. I stopped and stared. I couldn't hear what they were saying but Mr. Adams looked pissed.

After more yelling he said over the intercom, "Take him back to his cell.." he snatched some papers out of a doctors hands and marched out of the room. I felt the cuffs get put on me as I watched Mr. Adams leave.

I felt the guards put a hand on my arms gently as I walked with him. Recently they haven't been as rough. It's because I haven't been fighting anymore. I just kind of accept it. It's also part of the plan. If I'm a good boy I get a gold star. In other words they let their guard down more and more and I get my ticket out of here.

The only problem I had now were the guards. If I could somehow get out of their grip and let them get their guard down more, I could slip past them towards the exits. I knew where all the exits were already thanks to my HEAD. That one showed me the entire layout of the building. I've been studying night after night of the layout.

We got to my cell and they let me go while they unlocked the door. I could go now, but I need time. I had the urge to run, but for now I needed to wait. I reluctantly walked in and stood there. I turned to watch them close the doors and lock it.

"Right; power on." I immediately said and the right HEAD powered on and hovered to my shoulder. As I sat down on my tiny sleeping mat, the HEAD followed, and I gave it a command, "Examine my cuffs."

I needed to make sure every part of a possible plan could work. That means I needed to know the layout of the building, where guards would be and how many there were, how to get rid of these cuffs, what time it was. Anything that could help me.

The HEAD made a soft hum noise and after a second the scan was complete and it showed me a small holographic blueprint. It seemed to recognize what type it was and how exactly it was made. "No indent for keyhole.." I muttered under my breath. "Opens with magnetic keycard. Swipe over red light with key card and they will click, unlock and open." So I would need a key card.. great..

I kept asking more questions and gathering more information. I made a document for everything I needed and so I could go through it again and work something out. I was close..

So far, my best plan was escape the guards and get to the place where they held a the keys. It would be easier to get a key card from there than to swipe one from the guards. They would swarm me by then, but I'll be able to use my magic to keep them at bay. While they would have gas masks on, my wither bombs would keep them back and possibly knock them out. They don't have a big explosion with them but enough to knock them out. I would use them mainly to fight my way through the guards and use the HEAD to get through the halls to an exit.

I guess it wasn't the best plan but it was a plan at least. I would have to come up with things to fill in the holes.

I looked up from the HEAD and towards the door. My mind kept wondering what Mr. Adams was so angry about. Something big must have happened. Did he find out about the HEAD? No.. otherwise they would have taken them away. Delayed in plans? I was, what did it say; 77% done? It could be true, but why get so angry about it? No, something huge must have happened for him to explode like that. I've seen it before.

What could it be though?

[ Mr. Adams' POV ]

"You let two of your experiments escape?!" I raged at Mr. Mangle. He had come over in the middle of training with 004. We were currently in my office. He sat in one of them chairs trying to keep a straight face, and I stood over him, too angry to sit down.

"The activity became hard to control and— and— the subjects became more hostile than we have ever recorded." Mr. Mangle stammered on.

I slammed my hands on the table, "Silence!" I hissed at him and gave a glare that could scare death himself. "I gave you a chance. I believed in you, and you failed me."

"I-I helped you. I still help you. You need me." He said simply.

I shook my head. "No. I need your technology, but I do not need your help now. You're done." I growled.

"Done?!" He stood up. "Who made powerful subjects?! Who has the creative genius to make it work?! Who was able to create technology to control a persons actions. My founding, can change this war for us! I am a contributing factor to our win!"

"I'm fed up with my useless coworkers who can't look after their own creations. Im calling for termination immediately. 005 will be transferred to Mr. Solace's facility. You're technology and some lab equipment will be half transferred to mine and Mr. Solace's."

Mr. Mangle stuttered not knowing what to do or say. "T-Termination?" He went white as paper.

I didn't feel pity. I don't feel pity for those who don't deserve it. He's pitiful, and he's worthless.

"What about a second chance? Huh? You know? You gave—"

"I don't do second chances anymore.." I said darkly. I watched the last bit of color drain from his cheeks and from he trembling eyes.

It was satisfying, really. To watch him squirm around and try his best, only to realize he had no escape and I would crush him. End him. It felt satisfying. The way his eyes lost their spark and how his cheeks drained of color. The way he trembled as I roughly gripped his shoulder and stared him down menacingly. Oh yes; it was satisfying.

"Once again. 005 will be transfered as well as your technology and notes to mine and Dr. Solace's facilities. Half of your doctor and scientists will be transfered to mine and Dr. Solace's as well. You're done." I walked towards the door of my office and paused as I placed my hand on the door handle. "Oh, and a doctor will be here to see your shortly."

With that, I walked out of the room and made sure the gaurds stood by until the doctor came.

Mr. Mangle was officially out of the way.

[ Sky's POV ]

It was time for my training. As I walked to the training room I kept my hands in front of me. One guard had his hand on my shoulder, having a gentle grip.

In the room, I noticed my father a bit agitated. I could tell when he was angry about something by the way he paced. Was he angry at me? What had I done? I watched him fold his hands together and put his thumbs on the underneath of his chin. After a minute he spoke through the intercom. "Let's begin.." with a push of a button a small pedi-stool rose up in the muddle of the room.

I quickly went over to it and step up, and once I did targets the shape of people appeared in the room. Training began.

I summoned fire and shot it at a target from across the room. I did the same to two other ones behind me. Using my telekinesis I broken a target in two in mere seconds. Tilting my head I snapped off the head of another one from above. Since these weren't real people I wasn't able to control their minds, but my dad told me I could practice on 'willing guards' one day. I teleported behind a target and 'snapped' its neck by twisting. I teleported in front of anyone and kicked it so it fell over. Pretending it was a real person I straddled it and summoned a sword and stabbed it right through the heart.

A few more targets popped up in front and behind me. I turned and threw the sword into the targets chest where it got stuck and knocked it over. I got up and ran towards it, taking the sword out again. I watched the targets as they began to move around the room. One came at me and I sliced downwards, cutting it in half from the shoulder. I stopped for a moment and concentrated hard, picturing the moving targets. I reached out my hand and shut my eyes. After a second I opened them wide and clenched my hand into a fist, making each target combust.

Just then some guards with some heavy duty riot gear came in; five of them stood before me. Each held a baton and a gun. I chuckled, "You idiots.."

One fired a gun; immediately I changed the bullets coarse and it soared into the wall. I raised my hand and each one flew up into the air. Using the other one I made their guns jam and combust as well. I threw them against the wall. They fell down groaning.

Father said I wasn't permitted to kill anymore guards when training. I wasn't allowed to kill a person.. however... I was permitted to kill animals that attacked me.

The guards got up and left the room through the door they came through and two other guards came in. However this time they had two huge angry dogs to leashes. They growled at me menacingly and drooled into the floor. One barked and I took a step back. No..

The dogs pulled at their chains and barked more, fixated on me. After a moment the dogs were let off their leashes and charged at me. I raised my hands.

I couldn't kill an animal. I closed my eyes and sunk to my knees. I concentrated hard. "Sit." I commanded. When I opened my eyes the dogs had stopped and were sitting down, panting heavily. "Return.." and I watched the dogs return to the doorway and sit down. I had to use my mind controlling powers. It was hard to do but I was able to do it for short periods of time.

I breathed heavily, my heart racing. I couldn't do it. I couldn't kill them.

"Take him back to his cell.." I heard over the intercom. I could tell in his voice that he had done something wrong. I gulped hard as guards came in and put the restraining cuffs on me and led me out. Down the hall we walked, and my father met up with us. The first thing that happened was I felt a hard slap on my cheek. My eyes widened in shock as I felt my cheek sting and I looked up at my father.

"For being an idiot who can't do what I tell him to do." He said and my lip trembled.

"I tried really hard, and I know you want me to kill them but I can't I just can't!" I said back. Another slap to the face. My cheek stung more than ever now.

"Shut up.. useless.." he muttered. "Take him back.. I don't want to look at him.." he turned away and I was dragged back to my cell. My cheek stung badly and I was thrown into my cell and it locked. I landed on my hands and knees. I flipped over and sat down on the cold hard floor, taking my cheek.

He said he loved me...

He doesn't really..

[Word Count: 2584 Words ]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.9K 445 21
The gang goes to rescue Sky's little sister Dylan. But when she comes back with them, she's doesn't agree with who Sky is. Sky begins to see who Dyla...
1.9K 78 31
Sequel to Curses
128 22 15
Sequel to 'The Facility'
177K 3.9K 33
Sequel to Divergent High