THE IMMORTALS (✓)

By piadreamer

This is a sequel to A Surprise and A Betrayal. If you haven't read that story go check it out first. Because... More

1. I found a sister in you.
2. Buried Truth
3. Further information and the Nightstorms.
4. I'll breathe again
5. Happiness comes in all forms.
6. Single for life - not.
7. Perfect two
8. A friend or foe?
9. Arising threats.
10. Impossible but true.
12. Suspicions.
13. The Fallen Angel.
14. If aught but death part thee and me.
15. I'm Back.
16. Kasper whispers.....
17. Expect the unexpected
18. Gone
19. Spawn of Satan or Superior than Satan?
20. Watch the world burn.
21. Consul Alec Lightwood Bane
22. The Angel's demise.
23. Searching for Magnus
24. Embrace what you got.
25. First defeat
26. Like a diamond cuts diamond.
27. Challenge accepted.
28. Only one would stand at the end of it all.
29. Looking to a bright future.
Epilogue

11. The silver angel.

361 20 26
By piadreamer

A bowl of Pad Thai was kept on the coffee table as Magnus was eating it in silence, as he was craving for it, alongside Alec who was eating his own slightly burnt spaghetti and meatballs. Instead of their comfortable silence, this silence was really uncomfortable. No one knew what to say and since the time Magnus had found out that he's pregnant, he didn't say a word. Alec tried talking to him, tried making small conversation with him but all he replied was with 'Hmm's', so he gave up. He understood, but the silence Magnus was treating him with was definitely making him hurt.

He had contacted Daniel and Rosette as soon as Catarina left that morning, telling them that it was urgent and they said they would be there in the evening, they didn't specify the time so they were waiting for them since the evening started settling in.

The only sound that could be heard was the clanking of the forks and spoons echoing in their home, so when the woosh of the opening of a portal echoed, it made Alec jump with a startle.

All the other immortal shadowhunters and the warlock stepped out of the portal and looked at the couple eating dinner in silence. They stepped towards the couch as Rosette closed the portal.

"By the angel! Is that Pad Thai? Can I have some? It's my favorite and I haven't eaten it in a long time." Bree asked excitedly.

Magnus pulled the plate towards himself and covered it with the other hand, having a blank expression on his face, as he kept eating.

Alec smiled lightly as he wiped his face with the napkin. Even after his husband was trying to process the news, he wasn't giving up on his food cravings and he found that adorable.

"Dude! That's rude!" Stefan said as they all settled on the couches around them.

"Mags, love, you can summon another one for her, right?" Alec said. Magnus looked him in the eyes, said nothing then snapped his fingers and got back to eating. A squeal much familiar to Izzy's came from where Bree was sitting and noticed that she had a bowl of Pad Thai sitting on her lap.

"Thank you, Magnus." Others simply shook their heads except for Magnus.

"Is everything okay? You said it was urgent. And is Magnus okay? He's behaving differently." It was Daniel who asked.

"Yeah about that, it's... umm.. actually my powers, they made something impossible possible, so... umm... I wanted to know more about myself. Or about what exactly is a silver angel."

"Impossible possible?" Rosette asked. "What exactly do you mean by that?"

Alec and Magnus exchanged a look then Magnus silently went back to eating his food. He didn't care, the mere thought of saying those words out loud was too much for him. If he was being honest with himself, he didn't want that either, but he didn't know how to say it to Alec. Didn't know what was going on in the shadowhunter's mind, did he want to keep this child? Was this new upcoming lifestyle okay for him? Was he happy? Because he certainly was not.

"Ah... Um... Actually, Magnus... Umm... He's pregnant."

All of their jaws hit the floor and Bree choked on the noodles she was eating.

"Lilith! By the angel! Oh my god! Demons and angels! Congratulations you guys!" Rosette said excitedly, and everyone looked at her like she was an alien. "What?"

"Rosette, honey," Magnus finally spoke, making Alec sigh with relief. "Why do you react like it's something normal when it's clearly not?" His tone was harsh, nothing like the cheery Magnus they knew, making all of them slightly uncomfortable.

"Calm down, Magnus. So this was the reason you people asked for us. To know how this got possible. But before I get to Alec's silver powers, which you actually want to know about, Magnus, you shouldn't forget that both your magic are bonded together and you have part of his blood in you, and you're no longer sterile. You should've seen it coming." Rosette spoke calmly.

Magnus' mouth hung open at that. "You... you mean that's enough to get me..." He trailed off, not wanting to say the word.

"Yes, if the wings are involved too. His silver powers barely played a part. And before you start thinking about other possibilities, it could've been the other way around as well. The chances of that are low but still there, your whole body including your wings has Alec's blood and silver magic in it. It was unavoidable. Either of you could've gotten pregnant."

Alec and Magnus were speechless, they had no idea what to say but it was someone else who broke the silence.

"My dear sister-in-law, how do you know all this and how are you so calm about it?" Stefan asked.

"Don't you guys see me hooked to those books, like every day! I'm curious to know more about our ancestors and I've read it there. Silver angels are known to make any being pregnant, they aren't known as The Creators just like that!"

The Nightstorms sighed at their dear warlock's behavior. She was definitely something.

"Definitely you did!" Daniel mumbled under his breath.

Alec looked at Magnus who still had a blank expression on his face but now had his right palm above his abdomen. He smiled slightly then cleared his throat. "Even though that gave us our answer, I still want to know about my powers. I don't want to take any chances. Those books... they have information about it, right?"

Rosette grinned. "Yes, it does." She waved her hands while chanting a spell and shortly after, a humongous book appeared on their coffee table. Before she could open the book, Magnus interfered.

"Wait, even if these silver angels can do things like that, I still have doubts. There's no chance a man could..." He trailed off and looked at Rosette.

Rosette scanned Magnus' features carefully and realized she needed to have a chat with him, alone. "Magnus, if you remember our last conversation, I told you guys about the first beings, our ancestors, and how other species were created. In their time, there wasn't anything called 'sexuality', they weren't defined by their organs and could change them as they please. So men getting pregnant was normal back then. The term sexuality was created by mundanes, they were the reason pregnancy got centered to only one kind of sex, that is, us females. If it weren't for mundane existence, anyone could conceive."

"And just like we stated in our previous conversation, angels played a big part in erasing those memories from existence," Daniel added.

"Oh!" Was all Magnus said.

"Now let's get back to learning more about the Silver angels." Rosette said and opened the book.

༻✦༺  ༻✧༺ ༻✦༺

The origin of Silver angels goes back to trillions of years ago, much before the earth or any other planets formed. They are as old and powerful as the warlords. No one knew how the first-ever silver angel was created, and that mystery got buried with the death of Angel Haven. But unlike other angels, silver angels are rare and powerful than other angels. The only people that can match their powers are their mates and the other half their twin wing if they possess a twin wing.

༻✦༺  ༻✧༺ ༻✦༺

"What's a twin wing?" Alec asked.

"This information is new to us as well," Daniel said.

"Let's see then," Stefan added while Brittany was still chewing on her noodles.

༻✦༺  ༻✧༺ ༻✦༺

As mentioned before, angels were created from the blood of Warlords, and so their wings, because warlords were humongous beings, even their wings got divided, but only the base where the wings originated from was the most powerful and couldn't be divided. After warlords started vanishing and angels were formed, they discovered that sometimes two angels worked better than being on their own and realized it was their wings and not them, thus, realizing it was the most powerful part of Warlord's wings. After this discovery, they named it twin wings. This got passed down generation after generation. The chances of having a twin wing are rarest of rare, but if one found their twin wingmate, they are more powerful than any being existed. Their combined power is unimaginable. But it is as rare to find their twin wingmate as their occurrence.

༻✦༺  ༻✧༺ ༻✦༺

"That is pretty cool! I wish I had one." Stefan said earning an eye roll from all the other Nightstorms.

Magnus, on the other hand, was still quiet and expressionless as ever, making Alec worried as hell. But Alec was determined to know more about himself, so he was listening carefully.

"Please continue with the Silver Angels information," Alec said, and Rosette nodded.

༻✦༺  ༻✧༺ ༻✦༺

Be it an original, or gifted, silver angel is said to be one of the most powerful angels to exist. From their silver powers to blood to eyes, every single thing in their body possesses strong powers. Even though the creation of the first silver angel is a mystery, the second silver angel isn't.

The second silver angel, Angel Amberosa, is said to be the daughter of the moon and mother of all Siverites. The myths and beliefs state that she was created by the blood of the first silver angel which splattered on the depths of the moon, thus the title, daughter of the moon. She lived for centuries and was the one to discover earth. The moon gave her powers and she created the first-ever plants on earth, earning the title- The Creators.

Angels Amberosa created several species with the help of the power of the moon, the first species she created were the snow mermaids, then snow unicorns, silver butterflies, snow fairies, a crystal cave where all the crystal and silver beings resided. The last species she created was the werewolves.

When humans came into existence, they hunted and killed most of her creations. The snow mermaids, snow fairies, and werewolves were the clever and smart ones and hid, that's why they are the only ones that are still known.

After the death of her creations, she stopped creating new species and limited herself to create plants and nature. She is still said to reside on the moon.

Because of this, Silver angels are said to get or increase their powers on the day of the full moon. They are the most powerful and strongest when the rays of the full moon fall on their bodies.

After living for a certain amount of time, the silver angels gain the title of protectors of earth and the guardian of heaven. The gifted ones, though, take time to gain control over their powers. Their souls and wings are connected, yet their bodies are detached, because of what they used to be before-human, hunters, or magicians. Thus, the lack of control over their wings. When their wings are involved, they listen to their soul instead of the brain or heart. Thus, working on their own accord.

Mastering control over their wings isn't easy and requires months or years of practice, and when a gifted silver angel is involved, they cannot learn from any other angel, only other silver angels can teach them.

༻✦༺  ༻✧༺ ༻✦༺

"Wow! That was a hell of information." Alec stated, completely astonished.

"That's why you couldn't control your wings that day, damn you, Alec!" Magnus mumbled under his breath, earning a questioning frown from others. "Nothing, continue." He said flatly.

"So how am I supposed to know how to reach another silver angel? Should I reach out to Angel Ithuriel?" Alec asked.

"I don't think so." Rosette said, and others looked at her. "Hear this out."

༻✦༺  ༻✧༺ ༻✦༺

Silver angels are said to be rare, so no other angel can reach out to them. Only a silver angel is able to contact another silver angel.

Because Angel Amberosa is said to be alive and residing on the moon, she is said to be the tutor for the gifted silver angels.

To call upon her, the gifted silver angel has to be well determined and strong. The ceremony should be done at midnight in a sacred place and should be near a water body. The gifted silver angels should be dressed in all silver with his/her wings freely open.

The complete ceremony is written in another book and should only be read by the said gifted silver angel. Misuse of it will result in the instant death of the person, as Angel Amberosa is said to be watching over her children.

༻✦༺  ༻✧༺ ༻✦༺

Rosette gulped and closed the book and looked at Alec. They both signed in unison. "I'll give you the book where the ceremony is written, as soon as I find it."

"Thank you, Rosette. I owe you big time." Alec said with a light smile.

"Don't say that Alec, we're friends." Rosette smiled warmly.

"I have a question though," Stefan said. "Will you be comfortable... I mean learning from a female angel?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" Alec asked with a frown, as the women in the room glared at Stefan.

"Sorry, Alec. Stef can be a dick sometimes!" Bree said as she smacked her brother's head, earning a whiney 'Oww'.

"We'll leave you two alone now. It's anyways getting late." Daniel said as they all stood up. Rosette gave another look at Magnus' condition and put a mental reminder in her mind to talk to him. They all said their goodbyes and left.

Alec let out a deep breath and looked at his husband whose features were unchanged. "Love, you okay?"

"Hm." Magnus hummed as he kept looking outside the window.

Alec frowned with the sudden change. He had started to talk. Was it only for Rosette? Why was he giving him silent treatment?

"Mags, why aren't you talking to me? Have I done something wrong?" Alec asked desperately. The last he felt his husband's touch was when they hugged in the morning that day, after that, Magnus became distant.

"You know what you did!" Magnus said coldly, stood up, snapped his fingers, and Alec's pillow, blanket, clothes, and toiletries appeared on the couch. Alec looked at them wide-eyed then at his husband. "I need to be alone! Make yourself comfortable in the other room, or the Lightwood mansion, wherever you want."

"Magnus, the hell?" Alec stood up before Magnus could walk away and held his wrist, but Magnus didn't look at him. "I want to be with you, Mags. This is as shocking for me as for you. Why are you treating me like it's my fault like I knew this would happen. I didn't, Magnus."

Magnus snatched his hand away, not so gently. "Do not touch me until you gain control over your stupid powers and wings. You know what, don't think of coming near me until you figure your stupid immortality out. This," he pointed towards his abdomen, "wouldn't have happened if you had control over those things. So, spare me with your stupid silver powers and go away from here. I need to be alone." With that, he stormed into the room and shut the door on his face.

Alec stood frozen in his place, his eyes burned with the amount of tears pooling in them. He blinked, as tears fell on his face, trying to process what his husband had just said. He was hurt by the choice of his words. He understood that his husband was trying to process the fact that he's pregnant, but this. It wasn't his fault, was it? He didn't know something like this would happen. Was his husband really hate what his powers had done? Did he really hate what he had become? His immortality? Questions like that kept running in his mind as he curled on the couch around his stuff and fell asleep as his tears got soaked on the couch.

A/N
I hope you guys liked the chapter. Let me know through your comments and votes. They are highly appreciated.
Thank you ❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.4K 1K 25
This story takes place after the Malec wedding. 5 years have went by and it's soon going to be their 6th year of togetherness, but something starts t...
138K 4.4K 72
The greatest Shadowhunter of his generation is what they say about the legendary Jace Wayland. But, what you don't know, is that they also say the sa...
44.7K 840 54
"Family isn't just blood, Clary." _____________________________________ Following Jocelyn Fairchild's untimely death, Clary realizes she has no-one l...
82.4K 4.9K 31
"The law is hard but it is the law" Alec Lightwood is a cop for the NYPD. He comes from a long line of cops in the family. He loves his job. He loves...