Auroral » Titans

By Elysixn_drexm

Sophia Dane was 14 when she met Robin in that Gotham alleyway. She was barely nineteen when he left without a... More

C A S T
1|| Bloody Fists
2|| Detroit
3|| Old Faces
4|| Long Road Ahead
5|| Northern Lights
6|| Hank And Dawn
7|| Play Nice
8|| Breathe
9|| What Lives In The Past
10|| One Big Happy Family
11|| Fly Birdy
12|| Broken Wings
13|| Panic At The Roller Rink
14|| Welcome To Gotham
15|| Batgirl
16|| A Friend And A Home
17|| To Build A Team
18|| Unspoken Words
19|| Motel Madness
20|| Dynamic Duo
21|| Aftermath
22|| Coffee
23|| Brain Matter
24|| The Second Robin
25|| Jason
26|| Sleep Is For The Weak
27|| Daydream
28|| Asylum
29|| Science Experiment
30|| Borderline Psycho
31|| Worth The Fall
32|| Morning Blues
33|| It's Not Goodbye Forever
34|| Wayne Manor
35|| Bludhaven
36|| Family Ties
38|| The House On The Hill
39|| Living Nightmares
40|| Bloodshed
41|| Raven
42|| Following The Aurora
Epilogue

37|| Justice

3.6K 110 8
By Elysixn_drexm

Sophie's hands shook violently and her knuckles were turning white from how hard she was holding on to the shimmering dagger.

She glared at her father through a blur of unshed tears. He stared up at her with a look of pride. There wasn't an ounce of fear in his eyes. She wanted him to fear her. She wanted him to jump away from her, to plead and apologize for every terrible thing he had ever done.

But she wasn't Batman, and she sure as hell wasn't her father.

She let the dagger in her hand dissolve into a flurry of green and purple light. From the corner of her eye she could see Barbara's shoulders relax as she moved her hands away from her utility belt.

Sophie clenched her jaw and took a step towards where her father laid bleeding. "Why the hell are you in a Lexcorp warehouse." She was surprised by the intimidating growl that left her throat.

Her father groaned as he sat upright. His face was pulled down into a deep frown yet his greenish eyes stayed cold and calculating. "You, Sophia, were my greatest creation."

"She's not your science experiment!" Barbara snapped and walked over to Sophie. She crossed her arms over her chest, giving off an air of intimidation. "And she asked you a question."

Henry glanced over at Barbara before his attention turned back to Sophie. "You should be proud, I know your mother-"

"Don't you fucking dare!" She lurched forwards, ready to do something, anything to hurt him; but Barbara grabbed her shoulder before she could.

Barbara looked at her sternly, silently reminding her of that line they were never supposed to cross. A line she really wished she could find the will to step over.

She yanked herself away from Barbara and glared down at Henry."You killed my mother, you poisoned her well she was pregnant with me! You're crazy experiments gave her cancer!" She screamed hoping he felt the same burning pain that she did.

Henry sighed, his eyes flickering to the ground. "It was a mistake but it was worth the, complications."

"You sick fuck!" This time not even Barbara could stop her. She moved quickly and kicked him in the face like she was aiming for a soccer ball.

His head bounced against her foot before his entire body went limp. He fell back against the ground, blood trailing down his lips from a broken nose.

"Aurora." Barbara growled.

Sophie huffed and ran a hand over her face. "It's fine, I'm fine. We'll get our answers well he's in prison." She turned around to face Barbara.

Even with most of her face covered by the black cowl, she could still see the disapproving look on her face. "Come on, we need to get the kid." She said and walked past Sophie to the other room.

Sophie glanced back at her father, that fire in her chest settling ever so slightly. She was never going to let him do this again, and if he did, she would do more then knock him out.

The blue tarp crinkled as Barbara stepped under it, stealing her attention. Sophie took a deep breath before she jogged over to Babs and stepped into the room.

In the darkness it was hard to spot the boy but small, shaky movements from under the desk gave him away. The moment Barbara stepped into the room his eyes shot over to her. He began to sputter, almost like he was trying to say something but the words weren't forming.

"Hey, it's alright. We can help you." Barbara spoke softly as she crouched down a few feet away from the desk. The kid stared blankly at her, his bottom lip quivering as tears filled his eyes.

"The bad guys can't hurt you, we promise." She said and slowly outstretched her hand to him.

He didn't move, his eyes locked on her face, on her lips. Sophie's brow furrowed as she crouched down beside Barbara. Dried blood trailed from his ears and the way he couldn't form words, it was like he was deaf.

Sophie's heart sank to her stomach. "Babs, I don't think he can hear us." She said softly.

Barbara's eyes shot over to hers. Sadness filled her green eyes and she pursed her lips. "Ok." She sighed and looked back at the kid.

She held her hands out in front of her and began using the little bit of sign language Bruce had taught all of them.

The kid watched her hands intently before he shook his head. He raised his hands and awkwardly tried to sign back to her. "I don't know."

Barbara nodded and bit down on her bottom lip. "Trust, us." She spoke slowly and reached her hand out to him.

The kid gulped and looked down at her hand. Slowly he uncurled from his ball and placed his hand in her gloved one. Sophie rose to her feet as Barbara helped the kid up.

Barbara glanced over at her. "Make sure the cops get Henry, I'm going to take the kid to the hospital."

"I'll meet you back at your place." Sophie nodded before she made her way to her father's unconscious body. She watched Barbara as her and the kid slowly walked to the stairwell.

Barbara paused at the door that led into the stairwell and glanced back at her. She was silent for a moment, like there was something she wanted to say. Instead she reached into her utility belt and tossed over a small black device.

Sophie caught it before Barbara and the kid left. It was a small pager that sent coordinates straight to Commissioner Gordon's phone. She pressed the thumb sized button in the middle and waited.

****

The black sky was already turning a light shade of grayish blue by the time Sophie got back to Barbara's place. The moment she stepped into the apartment a wave of exhaustion hit her.

She tossed her backpack to the floor and kicked off her runners. "Babs?" She called as she walked through the warmly lit apartment.

"Hey." Barbara spoke as she rounded the hall. She was dressed in her normal clothes, a blotchy bruise was forming on her cheek from where Henry had hit her. "Did my dad get Henry?"

Sophie nodded and walked over to the kitchen island. "Yeah. The evidence at the scene was enough to arrest him but the stuff we have on him should put him in prison for years. How's the kid?"

"Sleeping. His family was contacted so I left, and he has Batgirl's number if he needs it." Barbara dragged a hand through her hair and walked over to Sophie. "How are you doing?"

Sophie dropped her head into the palm of her hands and sighed. "I don't even know. Ask me tomorrow?" She looked up at her friend, a million emotions running through her green eyes.

Barbara smiled sweetly. "Of course."

She forced a tired smile and pushed her knotted blonde hair out of her face. She really needed to sleep. She wasn't physically tired, it was the kind of mental exhaustion that could feel incurable.

"I'm gonna get some sleep." She sighed and walked past Babs to the sofa.

"I'm with you on that." Barbara chuckled. "Night Soph." She smiled before she disappeared down the hallway.

Sophie flopped down on the beige couch and buried her head in the throw pillow. It didn't take long for her body to relax and for sleep to take hold of her.

A blaring loud ring cut through Sophie's comfort. She jolted upright on the sofa and looked frantically around the room until her eyes landed on her phone. She groaned as she grabbed it off of the coffee table and answered the call.

"Hello?" Her voice was hoarse and groggy.

"Sophie," It was Hank. "Rachel's in some kind of trouble."

And just like that she was wide awake. "What do you mean she's in trouble?" She asked as she got to her feet.

"I don't know. Dawn woke up from her coma saying something about Rachel being in trouble and how we need to find Jason Todd."

Sophie frowned. "Ok, how soon can you get to Gotham?"

"Four hours." Hank said.

"I'll meet you at the manor." Sophie hanging up. She glanced at the time on the stove and groaned. It was only eleven pm and she was already back to playing hero.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.4K 2K 31
" i feel like there is a void in me. one that is going to stuck up everyone around me and ruin them. " " there is so much more to you than the darkne...
649K 20.8K 30
"i'm not a superhero." "you will be." [ titans - season one. ]
573K 15.5K 46
" You'll never know if you can fly , unless you take the risk of falling" ~Nightwing~ After the death of her parents and the disappearance of...
77.4K 1.6K 46
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐞𝐰. 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐞...