๐‘ฏ๐’๐’“๐’๐’” ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐‘บ๐’˜๐’๐’“๐’…๏ฟฝ...

By FandomQueen696

"๐‘ป๐’‰๐’†๐’š ๐’”๐’•๐’๐’๐’… ๐’˜๐’‰๐’†๐’“๐’† ๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’š ๐’”๐’•๐’๐’๐’… ๐’ƒ๐’š ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’‘๐’๐’˜๐’†๐’“ ๐’๐’‡ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’”๐’˜๐’๐’“๐’…" "Thread ca... More

๐‘ฏ๐’๐’“๐’๐’” ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐‘บ๐’˜๐’๐’“๐’…๐’”
๐‘ช๐’‚๐’”๐’•
๐‘จ๐’†๐’”๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’•๐’Š๐’„
๐‘ท๐’๐’‚๐’š๐’๐’Š๐’”๐’•
๐‘ฌ๐’‘๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’“๐’‚๐’‘๐’‰
๐‘จ๐’„๐’• ๐‘ฐ.
๐‘ท๐’“๐’๐’๐’๐’ˆ๐’–๐’†
๐‘ถ๐’๐’†.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’.
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’“๐’†๐’†.
๐‘ญ๐’๐’–๐’“.
๐‘ญ๐’Š๐’—๐’†.
๐‘บ๐’Š๐’™.
๐‘บ๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’.
๐‘ฌ๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’•.
๐‘ต๐’Š๐’๐’†.
๐‘ป๐’†๐’.
๐‘ฌ๐’๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’—๐’†.
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’Š๐’“๐’•๐’†๐’†๐’
๐‘ญ๐’๐’–๐’“๐’•๐’†๐’†๐’.
๐‘ญ๐’Š๐’‡๐’•๐’†๐’†๐’.
๐‘บ๐’Š๐’™๐’•๐’†๐’†๐’.
๐‘จ๐’„๐’• ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฐ.
๐‘ฌ๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’•๐’†๐’†๐’.
๐‘ต๐’Š๐’๐’†๐’•๐’†๐’†๐’.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐‘ถ๐’๐’†.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐‘ป๐’˜๐’.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐‘ป๐’‰๐’“๐’†๐’†.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐‘ญ๐’๐’–๐’“.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐‘ญ๐’Š๐’—๐’†.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐‘บ๐’Š๐’™.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐‘บ๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐‘ฌ๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’•.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐‘ต๐’Š๐’๐’†.
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’Š๐’“๐’•๐’š.
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’Š๐’“๐’•๐’š ๐‘ถ๐’๐’†.
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’Š๐’“๐’•๐’š ๐‘ป๐’˜๐’.
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’Š๐’“๐’•๐’š ๐‘ป๐’‰๐’“๐’†๐’†.
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’Š๐’“๐’•๐’š ๐‘ญ๐’๐’–๐’“.
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’Š๐’“๐’•๐’š ๐‘ญ๐’Š๐’—๐’†.
Authors Note

๐‘บ๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’๐’•๐’†๐’†๐’.

16.5K 727 1.3K
By FandomQueen696

I 017. I

𝑯𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑺𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔

❝ separated ❞

MORTALS HAD A FUNNY WAY OF EXPLAINING THINGS THEY COULDN'T. Such as what had occurred at Santa Monica beach. They determined that the crazy kidnapper, Ares, shot a bullet from a shotgun at a police car, so the wall of fire was just an explosion from a gas main.

They also determined that Ares had kidnapped Percy from New York along with Annabeth and Grover. It was also determined that Ariadne had been held captive for seven years and that Ares had been an abusive ex-boyfriend of her mother's, allowing them to say he still had her mother.

When asked by police if she knew where he had kept them, she shook her head. Saying he had placed a bag over her head until they were a good four hours away from where he hid them, of course they believed a sobbing kid.

And people believed everything. Saying how they caused the whole Greyhound situation to get away from their captor, how both of them couldn't have caused the Gateway Arch explosion.

The waitress from the diner used the photo the cook took to notify police, and Percy was the brave hero who battled their kidnapped with a gun-to-gun battle. Luckily, the police made it on time and no fatalities occurred.

Police took them into custody for safety reasons, and the world rejoiced that Percy Jackson and Ariadne Phoenix weren't psychopathic fugitives running around and causing explosions. She had been given a new bottle of medicine for her IED disorder and people said she wasn't a bad influence, just misunderstood.

And once the reporters told them the story, well, more like fed it to them, they just acted distraught and exhausted. Which wasn't hard. They were able to play victimized kids easily.

"All I want," Percy choked out while holding back his tears, "is to see my loving stepfather again. Every time I saw him on TV, calling me a delinquent punk, I knew... somehow... we would be okay. And I know he'll want to reward each and every person in this beautiful city of Los Angeles with a free major appliance from his store. Here's the phone number."

The reporters wanted a word from her, somehow, they had located a women who was related to her. Saying her name was Ariadne Montgomery, and she was supposedly her aunt. And it checked out. But the women had sent her a message with the police, but her father had signed it at the bottom and she knew, it was her stepmother.

Ariadne struggles to hold back tears, clutching Percy's hand as Annabeth and Grover patted her back. The girl was turning into an actress, she deserved an Oscar. "I wasn't even worried about myself, I was more worried for my friends who needed to get back home to their families. Because, well, I didn't have one." The crowed awed sadly at her words, "But once Percy finally fought off our captor, I couldn't believe that there was someone who knew my mom. And I can only hope they will find her."

They wouldn't. Because she didn't know where her mom was.

Police passed around a hat and they raised enough money to buy four tickets for the next plane to New York. Takeoff was a bitch, those were her words.

Percy was shaking at every hint of turbulence, Grover whimpered as he waited for Zeus to strike them down. Annabeth shut her eyes tightly, holding her breath. While Ariadne squeezed Percy's hand to let him know she was there, and that she was afraid too.

Once they touched down at the airport, press was waiting for them. Annabeth had placed on her Yankees cap and shouted out in the Doris, drawing them away so they could leave quickly.

And that was where the arguments started. Percy wanted all three of them to take a taxi back to Half-Blood Hill, but Ariadne was not letting him go alone.

"I don't care, Perc. If Zeus even tries anything, I'll fight him myself." And from the look in her eyes, he didn't doubt she would, it seemed like an Ariadne thing to do.

So Annabeth and Grover took a taxi back to camp, saying they'll tell Chiron everything. Percy and Ariadne headed into Manhattan in another car.

Thirty minutes later, they were standing in the lobby of the Empire State Building. Of course, people assumed with their torn clothes and scratched faces threat they were homeless. Neither had slept in twenty-four hours.

Percy decided it was best if they asked the front desk, because that's apparently what Chiron did when he brought the year-round campers for the winter solstice. "Six hundredth floor."

The guard who sat there was reading one of the Harry Potter books, which she had already read. He didn't pay attention to them, "No such floor, kiddo."

"We need an audience with Zeus," she said, hoping that would say something.

He gave them a vacant smile, "Sorry?"

Ariadne had ended up threatening him before they were standing inside the throne room, surrounded by the Olympians empty seats, including her father.

"And risk destroying your own master bolt?" Poseidon reasoned, "Let is hear him out, brother."

Zeus looked less than pleased, but he gave them a chance. "I shall listen. Then I shall make my mind up whether or not to cast this boy from Olympus."

Maybe the lord of the sky wasn't casting her down because she hadn't really been accused of anything, he was also given a hard look from both Poseidon.

"Perseus," Poseidon said. But Ariadne knew Percy hated his full name. "Look at me."

He was conflicted with the god, she could tell. So he let them have their little standoff while she looked at the other empty chairs.

She wished her father was there, but he was back at camp where they're lurk hopefully be soon.

"Address Lord Zeus, boy." The sea god said, "Tell him your story."

And so he did. She jumped every no and then when Percy looked to her for comfort or help, but other then that, it was all him.

Percy removed the sparking cylinder from his pack, placing it at the god's feet. A tense silence followed, and Zeus opened his hand before the bolt flew into it. It shifted into a twenty-foot javelin that zigzagged with electricity sparking and hissing at the air.

"I sense the boy and girl tells the truth," Zeus muttered. "But that Ares would do such a thing... it is most unlike him."

"He is proud and impulsive," Poseidon said. "It runs in the family."

True that.

"Lord?" Percy asked.

Both of them replied, "Yes."

"Ares didn't act alone. Someone else— something else— came up with the idea."

He described his dreams to them, from the beach to what had happened near the pit and what stopped Ares from killing him.

That was when Ariadne decided it was a good idea to mention her dreams, "Lords," she spoke , "I've had dreams like those as well." They shared a glance before looking to her to continue, "I had the same dream on the beach as Percy, he was there. And the breath from the pit, along with... a voice told me I would abandon them on this quest. That I started the war, not Percy. It told me to fight with it to destroy Olympus, and then... doves flew down and the ground turned into sea foam, I was falling inside the pit before I woke up."

Zeus narrowed his eyes while Poseidon just stared at her, "In the dreams," Percy said, "the voice told me to bring the bolt to the Underworld. Ares hinted that he'd been having dreams, too. I think he was being used, just as we were, to start a war."

"You are accusing Hades, after all?" Zeus asked.

"No. I mean, Lord Zeus, I've been in the presence of Hades. This feeling on the beach was different. It was the same thing I felt when I got close to the pit. That was the entrance to Tartarus, wasn't it? Something powerful and evil is stirring down there... something older than the gods."

The only words the demigods caught when the two gods spoke in Ancient Greek was father. And Ariadne shivered.

Poseidon tried arguing but Zeus held up his hand, "We will speak of this no more." He said, "I must go personally purify this thunderbolt in the waters of Lemnos, to remove the human taint from its metal."

Zeus rose form this throne, and stared down at Percy. "You have done me a service, boy, girl. Few heroes could have accomplished as much."

"We had help, sir," Ariadne told him. "Grover Underwood and Annabeth Chase—"

"To show you my thanks, I shall spare his life." Motioning to Percy, "I do not trust you, Perseus Jackson. I do not like what your arrival means for the future of Olympus. Nor, what your pair up with Ariadne Phoenix means. But for the sake of peace in the family, I shall let you live."

"Um... thank you, sir."

"Do not presume to fly again. Do not let me find you here when I return. Otherwise you shall taste this bolt. And it shall be your last sensation."

He was gone in a flash, thunder shaking the palace. And it was just Poseidon, Percy and her.

"Your uncle," Poseidon said, talking to Percy, "has always had a flair for dramatic exits. I think he would've done well as the god of theatre."

Ariadne made a weird face, seeing as her father was the patron god of theatre. Poseidon gave her a smile which she eased into, but it was an uncomfortable silence between Percy and the god.

"Sir," Percy said, "What was in that pit?"

"Have you not guessed?" The god asked.

"Kronos. The king of the Titans."

Ariadne gulped as the room darkened, her hand held onto her ring. She didn't like the name, and she now felt extremely protective over Percy since he said it.

Poseidon's hand gripped tightly onto his trident, "In the First War, Percy, Ariadne, Zeus cit out father Kronos into a thousand pieces, just as Kronos had done to his own father, Ouranos.  Zeus cast Kronos's remains into the darkest pit of Tartarus. The Titan army was scattered, their mountain forces on Etna destroyed, their monstrous allies driven to the farthest corners of the earth. And yet Titans cannot die, any more than we gods can. Whatever is left of Kronos is still alive in some hideous way, still conscious in his eternal pain, still hungering for power."

"He's healing," Percy said. "He's coming back."

Poseidon wasn't so sure, "From time to time over the eons, Kronos has stirred. He enters men's nightmares and breathes evil thoughts. He wakens restless monsters from the depths. But to suggest he could rise form the pit is another thing."

"That's what he intends, Father. That's what he said.

Ariadne felt as if she should step out of the room and wait for Percy to finish talking to his father, so she gave Percy a smile but he shook his head, he didn't want her to go.

"Lord Zeus has closed the discussion on this matter. He will not allow talk of Kronos. You have completed your quest, child. That's is all you need to do."

"But—" Percy stopped himself, an annoyed look on his face. "As... you wish, Father."

A smile crossed the god's lips. "Obedience does not come naturally to you, does it?"

"No... sir."

She could've told the god that.

He sighed, "I must take blame for that, I suppose. The sea does not like to be restrained." The god shimmered from his full height to the size of a regular man, standing directly in front of Percy.

Ariadne decided that was when she should step back, so she crossed the room to let the duo talk. Her feet found its way to an empty vase of soil, a smile crossed her face once a vine poked out.

She let it grow and still, grapes growing from the plant. The girl let the vine wrap around her finger, the plant seeming to act like a loving pet, curling around her hand.

Poseidon noticed his son glance over at where she stood, playing with a grape vine when a smile etched onto the boy's face.

"That's what I looked like once I saw your mother for the first time." Percy shot his head towards his father, eyes wide. "Let me see the pen, Percy."

The boy brought out Riptide, and handed it to the man. He smiled at the sight of the purple grape vine on the pen, chuckling.

"What?" Percy asked.

He shook his head, "Time will answer your questions, my son." Handing the pen back, he gave him a smile. "Take care of her. She's a special one, the only one who will truly ever understand you."

Percy raised an eyebrow but caught the girl's attention. They left the throne room, but she glanced back, seeing Poseidon eat some of the grapes from the vine she grew.

Once they walked back through the city of the gods, the muses stopped playing. Creatures turned to them, faces full of gratitude and knelt as they passed.

Ariadne felt a grin grow on her face, sharing a smile with Percy before hey were on a taxi heading to his mom's apartment.

Percy wanted the girl to meet his mom, but she insisted he needed to see her, so they separated and she made her way in a taxi to Half-Blood Hill.

The drive there was annoying, she bounced alliums the back and multiple times did she annoy the guy by asking when they would be there.

Once he parked, she jumped out, throwing him the money before slamming the door and running up hill. Although she hadn't slept in over twenty-four hours, she had enough energy to do so. The girl made it to Thalia's tree, stopping before she gave it a small pat.

She ripped a piece of fabric off her old and dirty clothes that were still in her backpack. The girl tied it around a branch before sprinting through the border.

Her heart burst once she saw Castor and Pollux with Annabeth and Grover, asking where she was most likely. Chiron spotted her and gave her a smile before she started to cry. The girl dropped her bags once she yelled, "You miss me?"

Castor and Pollux's eyes went wide, tears pricking their eyes once they saw their sister standing before them.

The siblings hugged each other tight, crying as they did so. Her heart swelled because of what they said, saying how they made her proud, how their father bragged to Chiron about her.

Ariadne hugged Annabeth and Grover tightly, doing the same to Chiron the best she could. The campers cheered for her once they noticed she was back. Will, a young Apollo child, sobbed while he hugged her, saying it was not the same without her.

Even Clarisse gave her a hug, which she returned. The girls quickly separated before throwing insults back at one another, which the campers rolled their eyes at.

Luke was the last she saw, he had tears running down his face once she hugged him. Joking about how it wasn't fair she didn't come back with a scar, but he was just happy she was safe.

Percy made it back safely, and everyone cheered. He informed Annabeth and Grover he got his mother back before sending Ariadne a smile.

It was camp tradition for them to wear laurel wreaths at the feast the camp had prepared for them, she hadn't seen her father yet, but expected to later.

Their cabin members, minus Percy, made them burial shrouds which they burned in a large bonfire, incase they didn't return alive.

Annabeth looked proud when she held hers. It was a soft grey silk, the same color as her eyes. Embroidered owls were all over the fabric, it flowed down her hands before being consumed by the fire.

Percy couldn't help but stare like an idiot once Ariadne was given hers, because she looked like a princess. The girl decided instead of holding it, she would throw it over her back like a cape.

The shroud her brothers made was a beautiful violet, it had green vines flowing over it with small amethyst-colored grapes along the stem. Its silk material flowed in the wind along with her curly hair.

She noticed his expression and gave him a smug smirk before asking him if he thought she was prettier than anything he had ever seen. Obviously, he almost said yes, but he quickly changed his words, telling her that it was a shame they couldn't bury her in it.

This resulted in campers cheering her on while the girl and boy wrestled on the ground, she won of course. She stuck his face in the dirt before he took some water from a bucket and dumped it over her head, which she glared at him for.

Percy didn't have any cabin mates, so Ares cabin offered to make his shroud. It was a white bedsheet with smiley faces and red ax's over their eyes. He enjoyed burning it.

Although she was wet, she couldn't be happier. The games and fun spirits surrounding her was amazing. But her mind and body felt as if a presence was looming over her head, causing the girl to remember that a camper was untrustworthy. That brought her mood down a bit.

Luke told the camp that Percy and Ariadne were having a sword fight, to which the boy freaked out. The girl already had her sword out while the campers watched, he poured water on him to give him some strength but it didn't do much. She had him down on the ground, Riptide in her hand in under two minutes.

But the day came to an end, Castor and Pollux back at the cabin while her father wanted to meet her at the dock.

The girl sat with her legs hanging before the man joined her, sitting down casually as he sighed. "I'm glad you're back," he told her.

"I am too," she responded.

Dionysus faces his daughter, who's face was concentrated on  the water. "I may not have any cheers fro Peter Johnson, Annabelle Casserole or George Underpants," ignoring her look, "but I do for you."

"I'm proud." He told her, and his eyes said he meant it. "I'm proud of you for stopping a war. I love you, Ariadne."

The girl threw her arms around him, crying into his chest while he hugged her back. He pulled her away a bit before snapping his fingers, a women appeared, she was beautiful.

Her smile was a brilliant white, and she gave Dionysus a kiss on the lips which shocked the girl. The women placed a hand on her shoulder, "I'm Ariadne."

The girl almost fainted, eyes wide while her mouth dropped open. "You-you told the police you were my aunt."

"I'm legally your aunt, and now, it's time we met."

"Why are you here?" She questioned softly.

Goddess Ariadne gave her a grin, "I have a present. I would like to know if you wish to live with me, in the mortal world during school."

The girl's head shot over to her dad, "I can go to school?" He nodded, "Yes!" She jumped up, "Yes, yes, yes, yes!"

The two hugged before the goddess and Dionysus stood, holding hands as she grinned. "Thank you, Dad."

"Always, little one."

Dionysus and Ariadne walked away as the girl watched, they walked into the woods before flash was seen throughout the trees.

That was the last she saw of her "aunt" for the rest of the summer.

It was July fourth. Also know as Independence Day to the world, but to the campers, it was Ariadne Phoenix's thirteenth birthday. It was a reminder that she had survived another year as a demigod, but a bounty to monsters that she was getting older and older. Like a 'kill me' sign.

Castor, Pollux and her father had given her a new mixtape for her Walkman, music they all liked and knew she would too.

Annabeth and given her the Narnia book series, saying she would love it. The two girls would read it together, although, Annabeth would finish it exactly five-point right days before the brunette. Oddly specific.

Grover had given her a plate of purple cookies that he had made, the Naiads had taught him to bake them just for her. She gasped once she saw them, they ate four together before sharing it with Annabeth and Percy.

Percy complained that they weren't blue, which she took his cookie and ate it before he could. The boy gave her an offended look when she refused to give one to him after, saying that he could go and make some himself.

The boy proceeded to grab the plate and jump onto the lake, where he knew she couldn't go. So he ate all the cookies underwater before handing her the plate back, only to be tangled in vines while she yelled at him.

Grover and Annabeth laughed at their friends, doubling over as Percy looked to them for help. ( "You don't steal someone's cookies, Kelp Head! It's like you want to pick fights with me!" ) He only did it because he liked when she was flustered, she got all red and he found it adorable.

Hephaestus cabin had a tradition of creating a firework show, and it usually had an big moment for Ariadne, depicting a memory they had of her that year.

A lot of the fireworks depicted Greek tales and quests, this year, it was a mystery and the girl couldn't wait to see it.

Ariadne, Percy and Annabeth sat on a picnic blanket by the lake when Grover came to say his goodbyes. The Satyr had been looking older than a teenager after their quest, his horns and goatee had grown.

It saddened her that he had to leave on her birthday, but she was happy that he was starting his own quest for Pan. "I'm off. I came to say... well, you know."

He was off on a quest no Satyr had returned from, which made her hold back tears. If he didn't return, of her first and oldest friend didn't return, it would break her.

Ariadne hugged the boy, Annabeth joining in. Once they let go, Percy asked him where he would start. "Kind of a secret," he replied. "I wish you could come with me, guys, but humans and Pan..."

"We understand," Ariadne told him.

Annabeth nodded, "You got enough tin cans for the trip? Water? Drachmas? Cash?"

"Yeah."

"And you remembered your reed pipes?"

"Jeez, Annabeth," he grumbled. "You're like old mamma goat."

But he wasn't annoyed about that.

The Satyr gave Percy a pat on his shoulder and another hug to the girls, grabbing his walking stick and shifting his bag on his back. He looked like a hitch hiker rather than a goat. "Well. Wish me luck."

Above them, the sky erupted in bright colors. Heracles killing them Nemean lion, Artemis chasing the boar, and George Washington ( a child of Athena ) crossing the Delaware.

"Hey, Grover," Percy called. "Wherever you're going— I hope they have good enchiladas."

Grover gave him a grin before the trees closed behind him as he walked on. "We'll see him again," Annabeth told them.

Ariadne tried telling herself she believed those words, to think that Grover will be the first to return from the search of Pan.

July passed quickly. Dionysus cabin making alliances with Athena and Poseidon to keep the winning streak going. Ares cabin gave her glares anytime she was around. Ariadne taught Percy some tricks and tips with sword fighting, he learned quickly, but he was still a bit behind her and Luke. Percy had also started to teach her to swim and canoe, which she honestly sucked at. Everytime she tried rowing the boat the water seemed to tip and he would have to catch her, she suspected it was the Naiads doing and not her own poor skills.

It was going well, until she started to mull over the Prophecy once more. What had they been missing? She didn't know who the thief was at the winter solstice, who had stolen the bolt and helmet? Who was influenced by Kronos aside from Ares? We're they a camper? Maybe that's why she wasn't at ease, because they were hiding right under their noses the entire time.

***

IT WAS THE LAST NIGHT OF THE SUMMER HOLIDAYS. She would be traveling with her stepmother to Miami, Florida where she would be going to school and living. It would be weird not to wake up and train with her siblings, but it was exciting.

The campers had one last meal that night together before many went back home for school. Obviously, she would stay for winter breaks but other than that, she would be gone like the rest of them.

At the bonfire, all the senior counselors awarded the end-of-summer beads. Percy got his first necklace, and his first bead was black with a sea-green trident in the middle. Even in the firelight she could see him blush, she gave him a grin.

"The choice was unanimous," Luke announced. "This bead commemorates the first son of the Sea God at this camp, and the quest he undertook into the darkest part of the Underworld to stop a war!"

Everyone stood to their feet and cheered loudly. Annabeth was pushed next to Percy by cabin six. Ariadne was pushed forward by cabin twelve, she couldn't hide her grin and excitement. Annabeth his behind her hair while she blushed, the brunette thought she was crying for a second.

Ariadne threw an arm over her friend's shoulders, giving them side hugs while they laughed and smiled.

There was one more day before people left, her included. So the cabins had a final inspection, and since Castor and Pollux wouldn't be there during the school term, their cabin would be empty.

As she was leaving, she ran into Luke, who was all flustered and in a hurry. She laughed at him, "Slow down, Lukey. What's go you in a hurry?"

"Uh," he hesitated, "I'm just excited to train."

She grinned, "Oh! Well, I can come with and help you."

"No!" He shouted, she flinched back at his tone. The teen took a deep breath, "No."

The girl tilted her head, touching his shoulder lightly. "Are you alright, Luke?" She questioned softly, he painted slightly before shaking his head.

"Yeah. So, uh, I heard you're leaving."

"Miami. My... aunt is taking me there so I can go to school."

He gulped, "Will you be back for winter break?"

"Of course," she chuckled. "I could leave you to lie and say you're the best swordsman there is."

Luke punched her shoulder before biting his lip, his eyes scanned the camp, ignoring her concerned gaze. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yes," he growled. The girl watched as he left her there, confused whirl he walked away. She shook her head and headed towards the lake. Her feet walked slowly, taking as much time as they could.

Her head was pounding with questions. There was so much missing from the quest, about who took the bolt and helmet. She didn't have the smarts of a child of Athena, nor was she the daughter of Apollo and his prophecies. But there had to be something she could understand.

Her feet dangled above the water, staring down at the fish and turtles swimming by. She could narrow down the list, it had to have been a demigod. Since gods couldn't steal each other's sources of power, the only other person who could have was a demigod at Olympus the day of the winter solstice.

It definitely couldn't have been Kronos himself. He was far away in the depths of Tartarus, chopped into a million pieces. Purple eyes followed the ripples in the water. But, he could have influenced someone. If he could speak through her dreams, whats to say Father Time couldn't with someone else?

She gulped at the chill falling over her body, arm hairs raising. A dreadful feeling settled in her bones, hurting her body and making her feel exhausted. They had to have been at camp. Makes the most sense, they must have brought the Hellhound into camp to attack Percy. That's why Chiron sent him on the quest, because he wasn't safe here.

You shall be betrayed by the one who called you friend. But who? It had to be someone present during the winter solstice, who could let a monster into camp. Definitely not Ares, he wasn't a friend.

Someone who would steal and listen to Kronos and do his bidding because he hated the gods. She knew, she knew it was him, but how could he? How could Luke just betray them?

Her mouth dropped open, why? Luke was there for her, he was like her older brother, and he would go against his own family because of his hate for the gods.

The scar on his face was a reminder of that hate. Because he wasn't the same after his quest, a darker look in his eyes, and she only wondered how long Kronos had been taunting his mind.

She scrambled up from the deck, sprinting trough camp. Her legs didn't carry her to Annabeth or even her father, they carried her to cabin eleven, where the blond boy resides.

Her face was like a wild animal, rage seeping out of her eyes. The Hermes members had wide eyes, knowing it wasn't good that she was angry.

"Where's Luke?" She asked, not even bothering to hide the malice in her tone.

Connor and Travis Stoll shared a glance, before the latter answers get. "Last I saw, he was talking with Percy at the arena."

She was gone after that.

Ariadne burst into cabin three, she wouldn't have cared if Percy was there, sitting on his bed while staring at his Minotaur horn, she wouldn't have. But he wasn't there, and her blood ran cold.

Her body ran to the arena, hoping to gods that what she was thinking wasn't true, that Luke wouldn't be hurting Percy besides trying to help him train. That she was just paranoid.

No one was there. No one. The girl felt her body shake, whether from rage or worry she didn't know. Her fists clenched so tightly that long vines had grown from the ground, encircling her feet.

She let her purple eyes look to the woods, daring herself to go in. And she did. Legs pumping faster and faster with Lunacy in hand, tears falling down her face.

Trees were blurred as her feet moved quickly, muffled voices filed her ears and she knew she was getting close. Luke was most likely holding his sword to Percy's throat, waiting to slit in and let the ground bleed red.

But she wouldn't let him, she wouldn't. Despite everything she had been through with Luke, from the moment that she had pulled him through the borders of camp five years ago, she wouldn't let him kill an innocent kid all because of his hate.

The voices stopped. Not a good sign.

She broke through the trees and reached the clearing near the trees, there laid Percy as a scorpion crawled along his arm.

Her voice let out a cry, "Percy!"

Vines sprung from the ground, wrapping around the scorpion tightly before it burst into dust. Lunacy switched back into her sword, placed into her finger as the green trident pulsed.

"Percy!" She said, shaking him. "Percy, stay awake, okay?"

His eyes fluttered open, sea-green soft and tired while looking up at her. "Ariadne?"

She hauled him to his feet, but he couldn't hold his own weight. Her arms caught him quickly, using the vines to help her support the boy.

The water. Ariadne dragged him to the creek, letting his feet submerge. But it wasn't working. His face grew paper and she realized the poison was too strong, and that he was running out of time.

The girl did her best, fighting back the sobs but some escaped her throat. "PERCY!" She looked at the Nymphs who watched, "Help, please, help me."

Nymphs held him while she ran out, finding that Chiron had heard her cries. "Child?" He asked.

She sobbed, "Percy... he... forest... poison..."

The Centaur grabbed her and ran through the forest and towards the creek, he sounded the conch horn he held. Campers ran after them, Annabeth included.

Once they made it to Percy, she collapsed onto the ground before him. Helping Chiron pull him onto his back before they took off, heading towards the infirmary as Apollo kids followed, hoping to save the boy.

Ariadne crumpled, not being able to stop the tears falling down. Campers backed away as the forest floor shook, a thousand vines springing from it. They wrapped around trees, breaking them in two while kids scrambled away. Annabeth was the only one left, staring at her best friend who was broken.

Angry tears flowed down her face while her purple eyes turned hazy. Birds and squirrels cried out, seeing predators jump at them, but there was nothing there.

Annabeth saw hundreds of spider, grasping her head before trying to shake the visions away. She realized it was the brunette, her madness powers unlocking.

Ariadne realized Like had betrayed them, and the worst thing you could do was betray her. Because of you did, not even Kronos or the gods could protect you from her wrath.

***

     ARIADNE SAT NEXT TO PERCY THE ENTIRE TIME HE WAS OUT. He had yet to open his eyes, but they only had to wait a day for them to open. Her stepmother held off their journey south, understanding her stepdaughter's worries. The girl forced as much nectar she could down his throat.

Her hand picked up then cool rag and wiped away the sweat forming on his brow. She interlocked their hands together while Chiron and Annabeth stood to the side.

Luke hadn't been mentioned, so the two and no clue who had done this, but she did. The girl couldn't even utter his name, let alone recall her thoughts and what had happened to her best friend who was practically in love with the teen boy.

He betrayed her. That was the worst offense in her eyes. And once you lose her loyalty or trust, you never get it back. Never.

Percy's eyelids fluttered, eyelashes licking at his his cheeks before flipping open. His  sea-green eyes were colored once more, which she sighed at.

The boy gave her a small grin which was strained, but he took notice of her tear-tracked face and wiping his brow. "What's up, Curly Fry."

She let out a tearful chuckle, "The sky, Kelp Head."

Apparently she had done something right in saving him, but stopping Luke wasn't one of them. Maybe, just maybe, if she had realized all this sooner, Percy wouldn't be laying in a hospital bed for the second time he's been at Camp Half-Blood.

"You were turning grey when I found you," she told him. "If it weren't for Chiron healing you..."

"Now, now," Chiron said while in his wheelchair. "Percy's continuation deserves some credit."

Annabeth day next to him, her chair shaking as her knees jumped up and down while her fingers fiddled in her lap. "How are you feeling?"

"Like my insides have been frozen, then microwaved." Percy groaned, glancing back at the brunette who finally leaned back in her chair.

"Apt," Chiron told him, "considering Pit Scorpion venom. Now you must tell me, if you can, exactly what happened."

Everything Percy told them about Luke was true, she could tell it was. Because what reason would Percy have to lie, and especially when she herself knew it was the truth. And that scared her, that she hadn't noticed the signs before it was too late, that she could have prevented Luke from becoming so hateful towards the gods and Percy himself.

Guilt ate her insides, anger swallowing her heart and brain whole. Blood pumped ice through her veins and she felt cold every second of his story. Fingers tightly wrapped around the boy's while she ignored his looks, trying to gain back feeling in her body but was unsuccessful.

"I can't believe that Luke..." Annabeth trailed off, sadness and anger flicking back and forth through her eyes. "Yes. Yes I can believe it. May the gods curse him... he was never the same after his quest."

Ariadne looked towards Chiron, blinking slowly while rubbing her thumb over Percy's knuckles. "Chiron, you understand this must be reported to Olympus, right?"

"Yes," he agreed. "I will go at once."

Percy didn't like that idea, "Luke is out there right now. I have to after him."

"No, Percy. The gods—"

"Won't even talk about Kronos," he cut off. "Zeus declared the matter closed!"

"Percy," the centaur reasoned. "I know this hard. But you must not rush out for vengeance. You aren't ready."

The boy looked at his hand where the big lay, dread causing a twitch in his jaw. "Chiron... you're prophecy from the Oracle... it was about Kronos, wasn't it? Was I in it? And Ariadne? And Annabeth?"

Ariadne and Annabeth knew the Great Prophecy, but there was another all of Olympus was hiding from them, even the monsters knew, but all could never say it.

If Percy was the hero the Prophecy foretold... it wouldn't be good.

Chiron looked up, nervous that Zeus would strike him down. "Percy, it isn't my place—"

"You've been ordered not to talk to me about it, haven't you?"

"You will be a great hero, child," Chiron told him. "I will do my best to prepare you. But if I'm right about the path ahead of you..."

Thunder shook the building, frustrating Chiron to no end. "All right!" He shouted. "Fine!" He let out a final sigh of frustration, "The gods have their reasons, Percy. Knowing too much of your future is never a good thing."

"We can't sit back and do nothing," Percy argues back. Ariadne gripped his hand tighter.

"We will not sit back," the centaur said. "But you must be careful. Kronos wants you to come unraveled. He wants your life disrupted, your thoughts clouded with fear and anger. Do not give him what he wants. Train patiently. Your time will come."

"Assuming I live that long."

Chiron places a hand on the boy's ankle, "You'll have to trust me, Percy. You will live. But first you must decide your path for the coming year. I cannot tell you the right choice..." she knew he wanted Percy to become a year-rounder, but he knew the boy would refuse. "... But you must decide whether to stay at Camp Half-Blood year-round, or return to the mortal word for seventh grade and be a summer camper. Think on that. When I get back from Olympus, you must tell me your decision."

Luckily, Percy didn't ask anymore questions, and she wasn't sure she could answer anything without snapping.

"I'll be back as soon as I can. Argus will watch over you." He looked to Annabeth, "Oh, and, my dear... whenever you're ready, they're here."

"Who's here?" Percy frowned.

Chiron left the room, leaving only the three demigods and Argus. Ariadne gave Annabeth a smile, she was going today yay with her father for the school term, giving him another chance.

"What's wrong?" The boy asked.

Annabeth shifted slightly, "Nothing... I just... took your advice on something. I'm going home for the school term, Percy."

He frowned, "You mean, to your dad's?"

She gave him a nod. "I wrote him a  letter when we got back. Just like you suggested. I told him... I was sorryX I'd come home for the school year if he wanted me. He wrote back immediately. We decided... we'd give it another try."

Percy was impressed, "That took guts."

"I should probably head out and talk to him before I cower away from it," the blonde pulled out her Yankee's cap before standing up. She was scared, and she had a right to be. Her gaze became worried, "Take after yourself in the year, all right? Don't do anything stupid... unless not without sending me an Iris Message first? And when I get back, we'll hunt for Luke. If we don't get a quest, we'll sneak out."

He gave her a smile, "Sounds like a plan worthy of Athena."

She grinned before holding her hand out, the two shook on it. "Take care. Keep your eyes open."

"Aye, aye, captain." He gave her a two-fingered salute.

Annabeth turned to Ariadne, who had stood up to give her a hug. The two embraced tightly, and in that moment, the brunette wished she could cry with her about Luke, but she held it together so her friend didn't miss the chance with her father again. "Stay gold, Annie." She recited a lone from The Outsiders.

The blonde chuckled, "Nothing gold can stay." And that was truer now more than ever. She let go of her best friend before exiting the infirmary, a long glance over her shoulder before leaving.

Percy watched as Ariadne's hands shook and she tried not to cry, "You already knew about Luke, didn't you?"

She sat back down, staring at her ring while biting her lip. "I figured it out yesterday, and that's where I found you. I tried looking for Luke once you Chiron brought you here, but... he was gone. And it's a good thing I didn't find him, because if I had..."

"What would you have done?" He asked.

The girl looked up at him, amethyst eyes harboring rage and pain. "Kill him," she whispered.

Percy looked down before nodding to the door, "Can you help me up? I want to go outside."

She shook her head, "That's not such a good idea, Perc, you still haven't fully recovered."

He stood up anyways, falling forwards until she jumped up and caught him. His arms wrapped around her middle as she grabbed his body, "I told you it too."

"I'm fine," he managed out. His face was pale and he took a step forward. Ariadne helped him to the porch, where he was already sweating once they reached it.

The camp was deserted. Cabins dark and empty, the camp grounds were quiet. She looked towards the strawberry fields where her brothers would usually be, but they had gone home with their mom.

"What are you going to do?" She questioned. He just shrugged.

"I don't know."

Percy told her how he was thinking Chiron wanted him all year, but he wouldn't like it. He felt bad leaving her alone without Annabeth and only Clarisse for company.

Ariadne let out a bark of laughter, "Aww," she teased which he flushed at. "That's sweet. But, uh, I'm not staying for the school term."

He raised an eyebrow, "You're not?"

"Nope," she shook her head. "I'm going to Miami."

"With who?"

She nodded to Thalia's pine tree, where a women stood. Light seemed to follow her as she messed around with some of the leaves on it. "My supposed aunt? Turns out it's Ariadne, the goddess."

His mouth dropped open, "You're rooming with a goddess?"

The girl chuckled. Her amethyst eyes found his sea-green ones, "Well there's something you've gained from this," she said.

"What's that?"

"An amazingly talented friend."

He nodded, "Yeah, Annabeth is great, isn't she?"

Ariadne sighed him softly as to not hurting him, the boy leaned closer, placing his hand over hers as it gripped the rails. "Have fun in Miami for me, alright?"

"Yeah, I will. I'll make sure to greet every fish and say, 'Percy said hello' in hopes they understand."

Percy rolled his eyes, "Stay safe, Curly Fry."

Ariadne gave him a smile, "Only for you, Kelp Head."

The two shared a long hug before separating, the girl gave him one last smile before running down the porch steps, heading towards her 'aunt.'

Percy watched as she left, leaning into his palm while he sighed softly. He already missed the head of brunette curls that he was so familiar with, he hadn't even noticed the dove that landed on the rail next to him.

He didn't think anything of it, and didn't question why the dove had the same purple eyes as Ariadne. They watched as the women and girl drifted away, leaving another dove with sea-green eyes to watch as the goddess and demigod drive away.

Ariadne and Percy waited to see one another again, and so did the two doves, who separated to watch over their mission.

But a dread followed the girl as she drove away, looking out the window. Vines spread in the forest, crushing trees as they went by, only stopping once they reached the shore of the lake, touching it lightly.

A deep rumble sung through the earth, an entity unsettled beneath. He would stop the two from meeting, hoping to kill them both, in fear they would kill him first.

END OF ACT I.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.5K 835 16
๐“…ซ ๐๐ˆ๐†๐‡๐“๐Œ๐€๐‘๐„ ๐…๐”๐„๐‹.(inf) Something capable of inducing nightmares, highly disturbing. โ She walked with darkness dripping off her shou...
289K 10.1K 32
"๐‘ณ๐’๐’—๐’† ๐’Š๐’” ๐’๐’Š๐’Œ๐’† ๐’˜๐’‚๐’“, ๐’†๐’‚๐’”๐’š ๐’•๐’ ๐’ƒ๐’†๐’ˆ๐’Š๐’ ๐’ƒ๐’–๐’• ๐’—๐’†๐’“๐’š ๐’‰๐’‚๐’“๐’… ๐’•๐’ ๐’”๐’•๐’๐’‘" "War is a nasty thing" ...
946K 55K 115
in which an orphan learns she isn't really an orphan, and naomi must face the fact that she's descended from gods she never thought existed, and the...
31.1K 843 42
โ˜… [COMPLETED] ๐ข๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก Cassiopeia Bradbury was like tea in a cup, sweet, pretty to look at and changing in flavour for one's taste, but when y...