'Cannon Fodder Will Rise!'Sys...

By B1ackDiA

Yun LiFan who used to look down from the top is now working like a slave just because she was dragged and bou... More

Prologue
Arc1.1
Arc1.2
Arc1.3
Arc1.4
Notice
Arc1.5
Arc1.6
Arc1.7
Arc1.8
Arc1.9
Arc1.10
Arc1.11
Arc1.12
Arc1.13
Arc1.14
Arc1.15
Notice
Arc2.1
Arc2.2
Arc2.3
Arc2.4
Arc2.5
Arc2.6
Arc2.7
Arc2.8
Arc2.9
Arc2.10
Arc2.11
Arc2.12
Arc2.13
Arc2.14
Arc2.15
Author's Corner
Arc2.16
Arc2.17
Arc2.18
Arc2.19
Arc2.20
Arc2.21
Arc2.22
Arc2.23
Arc2.24
Arc2.25
Arc 3.1
Arc 3.2
Arc 3.3
Arc 3.4
Arc 3.5
Arc 3.6
Arc 3.7
Not an update
Arc 3.8
Arc 3.9
Arc 3.10
Arc 3.11
Arc 3.12
Arc 3.13
Arc 3.14
Arc 3.15
Arc 3.16

Arc 3.17

16K 764 393
By B1ackDiA

Lifan internally sneered. Perhaps, his lover was being too comfortable thinking that everything would go his way since he was the Emperor.

Pride and arrogance were instilled in his bones ever since he was young so he couldn't blame him for being this way.

But.

Dear, I'm sorry but I am not an easy catch like you think.

Recalling how much trouble this guy just brought to him, Lifan no longer went easy on him and decided to teach him how to properly behave in this relationship!

With all eyes on him, Lifan displayed no cowardice on his face and decisively said,’’It is impossible for us.’’

The elderly couple was shocked and rather confused by their son's announcement but Muchen who was his supposed husband was even more taken aback by this news.

His expression was still stoic but if one were to look closely, one could see that his pair of deep eyes actually contained a hint of panic.

Muchen may have come off strong but deep down he was full of tension.

He knew he was wrong but his instinct was practically telling him to do whatever he could to tie this person to him.

Otherwise, he would slip through his fingers and disappear from his sight completely.

His little one has always been rather meek and timid in front of him, therefore, Muchen thought of pushing the boat with the current and letting the elders misunderstand their relationship.

[A/N: To push the boat with the current = to take advantage of the situation.]

After achieving this feat, it wouldn't be too late to make a lie turn into the truth.

However, to his bewilderment, not only did his little one remain quiet but he even outrightly rejected his marriage proposal in such a firm tone!

... Does he hate him that much?

Muchen’s face hardened letting others have the impression that he was angry. Despite this being the case, Lifan who was usually afraid of him looked straight at him with genuine confusion in his eyes.

‘’I don’t know why you go out of your way to lie about our relationship but please stop. Both of us know exactly what we are."

Bad premonitions started to creep in and Muchen hurriedly explained, ’’About that matter…I—‘’

‘’Masters! The head of the Lu family is here!’’

Seeing his apologetic face while explaining, Lifan was sure that he would likely admit his fault and ask for forgiveness but who knew that at this critical conjuncture, a servant suddenly barged in ruining everything!

Who is that motherfucker!

Not to mention Lifan who was angry even Muchen frowned in dissatisfaction at being interrupted.

His marriage life is currently in danger!

The Lu head who might possibly accumulate his misfortune for 8 generations accidentally incurred the Emperor’s wrath just by doing nothing.

Lu Shang who didn’t know anything was currently clouded with fury when his son came back in such a miserable state!

Humph! This An family was merely some entertainers but they actually dared to challenge his Lu family!

‘’Damn you, An family comes out to meet this Laozi immediately!’’

Li Shao deeply frowned upon hearing this. If he knew that the Lu family was uncultured just like this, he wouldn’t even let them step into his house!

He was about to step up to deal with him when his son’s lover suddenly stood up and lightly said,’’You need not do anything. I will deal with them.’’

Right after putting down this sentence, Muchen unhurriedly stepped out into the front yard where Lu Shang was currently standing.

Li Shao also wanted to know whether this son-in-law was reliable or not, therefore, he didn’t reject his offer. He instead turned his head to look at his son with a frosty face.

Lifan initially hid his smile behind his sleeve and didn’t even bother to light the candle for the Lu family but his smile froze upon seeing Li Shao’s face.

‘’Tell me honestly. Or else don’t step into this house in the future!’’

Lifan could only rub his forehead in this matter,’’It is really just like what I told you but the thing is that previously, he doesn’t like me but when I give up he suddenly acts as if he infatuates with me. Therefore, I don’t know what to do!’’

Lifan sold Muchen out right away to pay him back for previously digging pits for him. He almost died out of anger which was not heroic at all!

Meanwhile, both Li Shao and An Yirou gave each other a glance upon hearing this, obviously, they didn’t believe what he said.

Lifan knew that it wouldn’t do him good either if he were to discredit his lover any further so he added,’’That’s why I want to wait and see for another while before saying yes.’’

Hearing this, Li Shao finally said,’’So you guys are still pure?’’

Lifan replied with a clear-cut nod,’’I. Am. Really. Innocent!’’

Only at this did Li Shao heave a sigh of relief. Seeing how frustrated he was, it looked like his teaching for all these years had not gone to waste and this brat still had some sense left in him.

So what’s left is dealing with that playboy!

‘’I knew it, with that guy’s face, how can he be upright?’’

Lifan warily glanced at his mother. Are you questioning the Emperor?

‘’I bet his backyard is the same as the Emperor’s harem.’’

Lifan quietly inserted attempting to protect his lover,’’The current Emperor hasn’t established the harem yet.’’

Li Shao sneered at his words,’’You think that the Emperor will only have one Empress in the future?’’

Well, if he dares to have others, I will deal with his third leg and use the System’s medicine on him!

An Yirou who has been silent for all this time, lightly cleared his throat,’’Anyways, shouldn't we go and see what our son—I mean that Young Master Mu is doing?’’

Only at this did the three of them get up and go to the front yard since it has been too quiet for a while now.

However, upon arriving both An Yirou and Li Shao abruptly paused with the scene played out in front of their eyes.

That arrogant Lu head was practically plastered his face to the ground, trembling in fear in front of their cheap son-in-law!

A while ago.

Lu Shang with ten imposing guards behind him kept on sprouting out curses.

When he saw a certain tall man finally come out, he was about to berate him but upon seeing his face, his legs immediately turned into jelly.

Why is His Majesty doing here?!

Being a wealthy merchant he had the chance to meet the Emperor once about doing business in Fu Xia and on top of that, the latter’s face was the kind that you couldn’t forget even if you saw him once so Lu Shang still vividly remembered his handsome face.

He scurried to kneel down to greet him,’’This commoner Lu Shang pay respect to His Majesty!’’

The guards behind him were first baffled as to why their Master suddenly kneeled down but when they heard this, their jaws immediately dropped to the ground and they instantly knelt in a whoosh.

Lu Shang waited and waited but didn’t hear his command for him to stand up. However, he didn’t dare to utter anything lest provoke the Emperor’s fury.

Muchen had no intention of letting them stand up, he instead praised with mockery filled in his voice,’’You do know a lot of cursed words.’’

Lu Shang instantly felt embarrassed upon hearing this, he hurriedly explained,’’Your Majesty, this commoner can explain for my rude behavior!’’

Muchen lazily said,’’Oh, do tell.’’

Hearing that the Emperor was willing to listen to him, Lu Shang was suddenly overflowed with confidence as he righteously said,’’My only son, Lu Shun personally came here to ask for the An family’s Ger, An Feiran to be his concubine but An family was not satisfied with the concubine status so they rejected his offer and even injured him! Your Majesty! Please serve justice for our Lu family!’’

Muchen pretended to deliberately reconsider his words then leisurely asked,’’Should the one who injured your son be punished?’’

Without any hesitation, Lu Shang replied with deep remorse in his voice,’’Yes! My son is a gentleman and has always been behaving with dignity! Not to mention, our Lu family is a well-known family, to be treated like this by a mere entertainer’s family is simply humiliating!’’

He then continued to cry miserably to gain his sympathy. He didn’t believe that His Majesty would abandon him for a mere no fame An family!

However, the moment he heard the other party’s words, his wailing abruptly stopped.

‘’We were the one who made your son like that. Want to punish Us?’’

Lu Shang was scared shitless that he unconsciously lifted his head to look at the Emperor’s expressionless face wanting to confirm that he was joking around with his previous statement but almost immediately a sword was placed on his throat by a man clothed in black as he sternly said,’’Who allows you to look directly at the Emperor’s face!’’

Lu Shang’s soul almost flew out when the sword penetrated through his skin creating a cut on his throat making blood dripping out.

However, he had no time to be worried about that as he heavily kowtowed on the ground asking for forgiveness. This time he really cried for real.

‘’Please quell your anger! This commoner did not dare to think of that!’’

However, Muchen had no intention of letting him go,’’Oh, you are implying that my hearing has a problem?’’

Lu Shang continued to cry while kowtowing,’’Your Majesty, I did not mean like that! Please quell your anger!’’

Ignoring his pleas, Muchen casually said,’’One, tell him what crimes did he commit.’’

At his order, One emotionlessly said,’’Denouncing the Emperor’s in-laws, Having bad intentions toward the future Empress, Lying to the Emperor, and Spread false rumors about the Majesty’s health.’’

Lu Shang,’’…’’

Muchen lightly nodded his head in satisfaction then slowly said,’’What is his punishment?’’

‘’Death by thousand cuts.’’

‘’Mm.’’

Lu Shang was scared shitless with his single ‘Mm’, he hit his forehead on the stone tile to the point that his forehead got cut and became bloodied.

Done scaring him, Muchen said,’’It is not like there is no way out.’’

Knowing that there might be hope for him, Lu Shang frantically promised,’’This commoner will do everything as Your Majesty says!’’

‘’You have several properties in the capital, right?’’

Lu Shang nodded his head in return.

‘’Give them to the An family, for free.’’

At this, Lu Shang flinched. Those were his flourishing business!

However, if that were to be able to let him live then…

He gritted his teeth then said,’’Yes, this commoner will arrange everything right away!’’

He thought that the Emperor was satisfied when in the next second, the other party suddenly added,’’Also 40% tax of your profits, monthly.’’

Lu Shang,’’…’’

And this was what the An family saw upon coming out.

Seeing how bloodied Lu Shang’s face was, Li Shao warily looked at his cheap son-in-law.

Did he beat him up? Minus 10 points.

Muchen who realized that his in-laws came out to watch the show leisurely turned to look at them and then said,’’Mr. Lu came to apologize on behalf of his son’s behavior and even promised to give compensation.’’

An Yirou,’’…’’

Li Shao,’’…’’

Lu Shang, "..."

Do you think that we are easy to cheat and didn’t hear that guy curse us not long ago?

Before Li Shao could interrogate him, Muchen unhurriedly said,’’The jewelry store on Jiacheng Street near the intersection, Teahouse on Hacheng Street, and the Beichuang Restaurant, are these enough as compensation?’’

Hearing those three businesses that he listed out, both An Yirou and Li Shao felt like there were problems with their hearings.

If not, how come they hear that the Lu family would hand over their hot businesses to them as compensation?

However, not long after Lu Shang was released, three deeds were quietly laid in front of Li Shao and An Yirou.

After checking to see whether they were real or not, Li Shao took a big deep breath.

He did not know what method his cheap son-in-law just employed but—

I will give you 1000 points.

Seeing that he had placated his parents-in-law’s dissatisfactions, Muchen turned to look at Lifan who was not impressed by what he had just done.

‘’We need to talk.’’

Lifan knew that he would be saying this so he stood up and told him to follow him,’’Let’s talk outside. Mother, Father, stay here.’’

The two awkwardly sat back down upon hearing this.

Lifan took his lover to the garden that he was at not long ago.

‘’Since it comes to this, I might as well tell you that I have no intention of going back.’’

Muchen was stunned silly. He really couldn’t imagine living alone without him in that Palace.

‘’I’m really sincere with my proposal.’’

Lifan continued to retort,’’With my origin, I am not even fit to be your mistres—‘’

‘’Only you suit to be my wife.’’

Seeing that he was still stubborn, Lifan sighed,’’You know why am I rejecting you strongly like this?’’

Muchen did not say anything in return so Lifan added,’’At 13 years old, he was enlisted into the army and went to the battlefield. At 14 years old, with only 2 thousand soldiers, he protected the borderline against the barbaric from invading. No one had hope that a young teenager could be able to lead the army and fend off against them as they were also lacking rations but half a month, he bought half a month for the reinforcements to arrive.’’

Muchen’s blood went cold upon listening but Lifan continued,’’At 15 years old, he was deployed to Jiannan to deal with the drought. Even if it meant staying away from the capital for two years, he still stayed and persisted in opening the cannel. At the same time, he reported Jiannan’s local Migrate for embezzling the relief funds for all this time. You might not know this but our family’s hometown was in Jiannan so we knew clearly how people felt at that time and how happy we were when you were there. Not long after, the epidemic struck so you delayed your stay for another half a year trying to find a cure. You might think that it was your obligation to do so but to us poor people who were supposed to die back then, you are…’’

‘’Our Hero, God.’’

Muchen wanted him to stop talking but Lifan had not finished yet,’’When you ascended the throne, you speak highly of musical art. Due to this, we entertainers can lift our heads and live freely unlike what we used to do in the past like mere servants performing for the rich families. To me, I have long admired you so when I heard that I had the chance to meet you up close I didn’t hesitate to say yes because I know that with my status there is no way I will meet you. However, who knows that by just seeing you from afar it was not enough…’’

‘’At that time I realized that the admiration I used to have had long turned into love so when you ordered me to be killed…’’

‘’I felt stupid, I hated myself and I…couldn’t just digest the fact that I was about to get killed by you.’’

Lifan lifted his face to look straight at the man then put down his last sentence.

‘’Tian Muchen, I do love you but my small life cannot afford your love.’’

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

423K 30.6K 42
ပဲပြုတ်သည်ငပြူးနဲ့ ဆိုက်ကားဆရာငလူးတို့ရဲ့ story လေးတစ်ပုဒ်
Ice Cold By m

General Fiction

2.2M 83.2K 49
[boyxboy] Wren Ridley is always two steps ahead of everyone, or so he thinks. His life seems out of his control when he starts having feelings for so...
Alina By ihidethisapp

General Fiction

1.4M 37.1K 75
The Lombardi family is the most notorious group in the crime world. They rule both the American and Italian mafias and have many others bowing at the...
215K 15.9K 20
Avantika Aadish Rajawat Aadi, with his fiery nature, adds intensity and excitement to their relationship, igniting a spark in Avni. Avni, like the ca...