hot garbage / my old writing

By spacenams

these are all horrible stories that i wrote from my childhood. enjoy laughing and cringing. More

intro
the element's desire
ted | prologue
ted | two
ted | three
ted | four
ted | five
ted | six
ted | seven
scared of the dark
sotd | one
sotd | two
sotd | three pt. 1
sotd | three pt. 2

ted | one

183 7 65
By spacenams

"Come now, Electrika, you don't want to be late to pick up your new sister!" Mother said. (why are we talking about her like she's a puppy or something?)

"Why can't we just let it die or something?" Electrika said. "Besides, one little girl isn't worth the trouble to go to Zelindia, OUT OF ACTINIUMITE BOUNDS may I remind you AGAIN?" (okay but she do be spittin' straight facts though.)

Electrika already had to suffer living with two sisters. She was determined not to get another one. (big oof)

"Electrika, don't be such a chicken." Cordelia said.

"I'm not a chicken, I just don't want trouble." Electrika grumbled.

"Oh, yeah?" Cordelia said. "Prove it! Get going and let's get our new baby sister!"

"You're pushing it, Delia, you're making me mad..." Electrika said.

(struggling to read through all these useless dialogue tags? same.)

"Guys, stop it!" Glacia said. "We're just going to Zelindia because we don't have a hospital in the Boundaries. So we had to go there, let the baby get checked and given shots, and now all we're doing is picking her up." (i absolutely despise info-dumping ew.)

"What if some of the shots they gave the baby had poison in it? Or what if they hid a bomb inside her diaper? Or what if..." Electrika began. (okay literally... what?)

"Girls!" Mother exclaimed impatiently. "Glacia's right. All we're doing is picking her up. Now, let's get going, before they kill the baby!" (woah dramatic)

"Oh, that's so comforting." Electrika said sarcastically.

"So, Glacia, why can't we have any doctors in the Boundaries? Can't the Zelindians just give us one?" Cordelia asked. (idiot, why don't you know your own history?)

"It's because we're Actiniumites and we're under Zelindian control." Glacia said. "And Zelindians, along with everyone else in the world, hates Actiniumites."

"Why do they hate us?" Cordelia asked. (okay, seriously. you're a fool.)

"Long ago, there was a king named Actinium, who was very cruel. Almost everyone hated Actinium, except for a Group that followed Actinium, who named themselves Actiniumites. Everyone hated the Actiniumites, just because of their evil king which they followed. But he died in a battle, so I see no reason to hate us anymore, but apparently they do somehow." (okay is the history lesson over? we literally just talked about all this in the prologue.)

"Why are you so smart?" Cordelia asked as Glacia blushed. (she's smart just because she knows about the discrimination of her people? umm okay cordelia.)

"Oh, well, I'm not that smart, I just read a lot of books." Glacia said.

"She's not smart." Electrika said. "She just acts like it." (tbh i'm on electrika's side)

"Electrika," Mother scolded, "Be nice. Just because the other Groups think we're barbaric doesn't mean we have to act like it."

(side note: how are we this far into the chapter and i still don't know whose pov we're in?)

Once they got past the guards at the run-down Boundaries Gate, it was a life or death experience. For one, all Zelindians that saw them were automatically trying to kill them. For two, Electrika was getting angry at the Zelindians for trying to kill them (you would be too if you had to run across a place that everyone was trying to kill you and you were going just to get something you didn't want) and was trying to hurt (possibly kill) them for even thinking about hurting her sisters and Mother. (wow mckenna, that's so cool. you'd think we'd want to read about that journey, right?) I would tell you more about their journey, but not just yet. That would give away the ending, and you're only at chapter one!

(oh.)

But when Glacia, Cordelia, Electrika, and Mother finally got to the Zelindian hospital, they (everyone besides Electrika) found it was all worth it.

The nurse, since she didn't want to be seen with an Actiniumite family, left the baby out by the front door. Mother looked at the baby. "Why, she's so beautiful!"

(okay so lemme get this straight: you had a baby and then just... left? without even looking at her?)

And indeed she was. She had big, round eyes. You couldn't quite tell what color they were at first, but when you looked closer, you realized that her eyes were the color of nothing. By that I mean exactly that it was actually nothing, yet it seemed to hold inside every color imaginable, maybe even some you never thought of before. You wouldn't be able to stop looking at them until you noticed her hair. Her hair was more extraordinary than her eyes! It was already down to her hips (though she wasn't even two days old yet). Color wise it was just like her eyes- nothing, but holding many secrets. It was flowing about like there was a strong wind; but there wasn't even a breeze. When Mother tried to stroke it, her hand went right through it. She couldn't even feel the hair. That's when they realized it wasn't hair, it was wind. Wind that was tied together at her head. Because of this Mother named her Elfida, meaning "Of the wind." (wow, poetic.)

"Eh, I guess so." Electrika said.

(did i seriously just continue the dialogue that was happening before i wrote that ginormous paragraph smack dab in the middle of their conversation???)

"Oh, Electrika, have a heart!" Cordelia said. "She's adorable!"

"Yeah, she is, I suppose." Glacia said, looking skeptically at Elfida.

"Is something wrong, Glacia?" Mother asked. "You don't look happy about the baby."

"It isn't that. I was just thinking." Glacia said.

"Well, okay then." Mother said.

(everyone give it up for useless dialogue once more!)

Once they got home (after another life or death journey), (another one that we won't talk about, i guess.) Glacia called Electrika and Cordelia to a Sister Meeting. They had several rules for a Sister Meeting: One: it had to be an emergency to call a Sister Meeting. Two: all three sisters had to be accounted for, and only the three sisters could be present. Three: it must be held in the hideout (a large hollow oak tree deep in the woods of the Boundaries that was hollow and had a hole just big enough to crawl through that nobody knew about because the sisters had covered the hole with rocks and leaves). (this paragraph was useless.)

"Okay," said Glacia, who had called the Sister Meeting. "About... Elfida."

"That's girl's nothing but trouble." Electrika blurted. "I can feel it."

"Let's not jump to conclusions!" Cordelia said. "She may become sweet, kindhearted, gentle..."

"Or grow up to kill us all!" Electrika retorted.

"That's not what I called you here for. It is about Elfida though. I believe..." Glacia said.

"You believe what?" Cordelia asked.

Glacia hesitated and then said, "I believe she has the power of wind."

(WOW GLACIA YOU'RE SO SMART I NEVER WOULD'VE THOUGHT OF THAT, ESPECIALLY SINCE SHE LITERALLY HAS WIND HAIR OR WHATEVER.)

Both Cordelia and Electrika gasped, but in different ways. Cordelia's was of surprise, Electrika's was of sarcasm.

"No, really?" Electrika said sarcastically. "I thought she had water power, like Cordelia!" (okay, i actually like electrika lol)

"Oh, stop it." Glacia said. "But there is something else to this baby."

"What?" Cordelia asked, worried about Glacia's solemn face.

"One thing's for sure, she's not Mother's." (SCANDALOUS)

"WHAT?!" Mother cried when they got back home. "What do you mean she's not my baby?"

"She's just not yours." Glacia said, trying to calm her mother down.

"Do you really think I would have walked off with some Zelindian baby? I would've realized if it wasn't my baby!" Mother yelped frantically. (but you didn't even look at her after she popped out? you just said "oh cool i had a baby i'm gonna bounce)

"It's simple, really." Glacia said. "I noticed, when we got to the hospital, she was in a Zelindian styled basket, not the one WE brought for her. I also saw the doctor and nurse looking out the window when we went to pick the baby up. Their plan was so superbly simple; yet I didn't catch it." (that literally doesn't mean anything. what the heck, glacia.)

"What do you mean?" Mother asked, biting her nails, which she never did.

"When your real baby was born, remember they didn't let you look at her. They simply gave you the wrong baby on purpose. We need to be very careful now. Someone obviously told everyone an Actiniumite family stole a Zelindian baby, just to get us in more trouble and make everyone hate us all the more." (but... like... why?)

"But where's MY baby?" Mother cried. (valid question, but what's up with the random caps in this story?)

"Well, probably with the mother of Elfida." Glacia said calmly.

"Oh, no! My poor baby!" Mother screamed. "And with the Zelindians, too! Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go get my baby back!"

"I'm afraid it might be too late." Glacia said. "When they find the baby..."

"Death." Cordelia whispered.

(woAh so dramatic. i'm *dying* to know what'll happen. -_-)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 10.8K 125
Disclaimer: I do not own this story, this is just and heavily edited MTL. Full title: Stockpiling Supplies and Raising a Child in the Post-Apocalypti...
28.3K 2.7K 36
ត្រឹមជាក្មេងប្រុសថ្លង់ស្ដាប់មិនឮម្នាក់ អាចធ្វើឲ្យបុរសមានអំណាចធ្លាក់ចូលក្នុងអន្លង់ស្នេហ៍បានយ៉ាងងាយ... 5.30.24❤️
404K 54.3K 140
ပြန်သူမရှိတော့ဘူးဆိုလို့ ယူပြန်လိုက်ပြီ ဟီးဟီး ဖတ်ပေးကြပါဦး
597K 98.4K 70
(يا إيها الناس أتقو الله بالنساء اوصيكم بالنساء خيراً) لم يستوصوا بنا خيراً يا رسول الله لقد كسرو القوارير والافئدة