Poems of a Broken Man

By PoemsOfABrokenMan

Here you will find short examples of poetry, from me, a broken man. I'm not as broken as others, but as a wri... More

The Five Horsemen of Your Mind
Inside Out
These Gifts You Gave Me
Figuring Out How to Cry
Help! I need Somebody
The Hole She Left
God
How are You?
Tears from the Heart
Panic
Somebody You Loved
Where are You?
Thoughts
The Teacher
Anger is not a Perspective
Text Her
Questions
A message to her Mother
Questions: Part 2
Would you be Mad?
Angels
No More
Unsent Texts
Brainstruck
Like You Used Too
They/Them
Tears at Work
Letting Go.
All These Things That I've Done
Suicide
Lonely
Words of Wisdom to the New Guy
Ignore
Do clouds look the same to everybody else?
Broken with glue
Deja Vu
Messages to a Senior
Recovery is a slow road
Nostalgia
Priority
Cancelled
If you wanted to, you would
Hostile
Mistakes
Better
Liked
Kindness
Adulthood
Thoughts on a Monday Morning
If I'd hidden it better
Our Prime Minister
Technology

'I Miss You'

10 1 0
By PoemsOfABrokenMan

I wonder if you wonder about me. Do you think of me? In this way of which I cannot seem to shake the thought, image, sound and touch of you from my mind.

It's been so long since I saw your face and yet I could never, ever forget it. Your hand holding mine, your lips on my cheek, your eyelashes against my chest, your legs intertwined with mine in a spiderweb of hugs and love.

You once told me you weren't special.
You said 'There's literally thousands of people out there just like me' but that isn't true at all. Because if there's thousands of you's out there, where are they?
And if they exist, and are out there and I've seen them in passing, how is it I can still be so desperately in love with you, even now. Even still.

It wouldn't matter either way, because either way, I'd still be in love with you now. I'd still be fighting the urge to text you daily. To message you. To Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook and Email you. 
And I'm worried the way I'm going, I'm going to lose the battle. And I'll text you something I feel, and I'll lose you altogether.

I can't bare that, the thought of it again, I can't...
Especially when I just wanna text you 'I Miss You'.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

880 91 78
A collection of self written poems. For the lonely, For the broken hearted, Beautiful well meaning beings looking for their own pure hearts feeling...
40 0 23
I'm posting this looking for some feedback. Any constructive criticism will be greatly appreciated. Writing has always provided me with solace, by h...
773 42 30
This collection of poems, short stories and experiences will leave you either emotional or nodding your head in agreement. Created to mend a broken h...
25.2K 1.3K 135
Hurt and frightened and no where to turn except for my journal. Curse words being streamed at me and you would have thought I had a father for a sa...