Stitching the Gaps

By NovaKnytePaws

Sasuke Uchiha has been taken to Konoha Hospital. Seconds turning to months, he became bored living under the... More

Weird Visitor
2. Her Scars
Safe Place
4. Don't Want to Go
Growing Boy
6. Sports
Check Up
8. Falling
Eyes
10. Familiar Eyes
Library
12. Spotted A Sleeping Beauty
14. Out of Place
Locker Room
16. In the Trash
Making Up
18. Apples
In Trouble
20. Train Ride
Cold Day
22. Nurse
Lights Out
24. My Resolution
Change-Exchange
26. Don't Tear Away
Worth It
28. Number 23
Summer Job
30. Mix Ups, Slip Ups
Slip Ups Again
32. A Short Trip
Junior's Seat
34. Been Awhile
So Called Friend
36. Photo-Addict Blondes
Tasteful
38. Pretty Eyes
Small World
40. Dressed in a Gown
Wounded back
42. Wanting Happiness
If You Need Me
44. Uncomfortable Presence
No Medication
46. What's With the Bat?
Give Me a Sign
48. Say It to My Face
Obsessing Over the Past
50. My Girlfriend
Is Soft

He Would Be Proud of Us

464 27 2
By NovaKnytePaws

Friday.

After helping Kurenai sensei out with the books, Neji came in looking for Hinata. Hinata rushed to get her big backpack and gathered a few thin note books in her arms. She said her good byes to Kurenai and I when the bell rung.

I headed out before saying bye to Kurenai and went out in the back where the football field is located. I sat on the bleachers where I saw Naruto talking to the gang. Surprisingly, Neji was here standing next to the girl with buns on her head and Lee.

And her.

She was spacing out looking at the field while the others were chatting their mouths away. I came over and every eye were on me.

"My man!" Naruto unhooked his arm around Ino's waist and hugged me. I pushed him off.

"You're so gay." I muttered. Naruto laughed. Most of the others did too.

Naruto started talking about my baseball games. From the very start, I sucked. I thought my team hated me. Naruto even admitted that he was going to rough me up freshman year. Ino punched him saying he was awful. They all laughed and Naruto continued.

I could run from first to second base less than a minute for the other team have the time to pick up the ball that I hit.

Every game whenever I'm on the field, the ball is coming towards my section, I wouldn't hesitate to push someone out the way to catch it. I'm an average committed player. I did everything right. Except. When I'm the one batting up, I sacrifice to home base.

No one would ever see me standing on any base. I literally step on all the bases to make it home. I would not wait for my team to pitch and I sit on third base. Like home base is right there. People with agility must take the chance to get a home run, right?

Usually the crowd would cuss. And threaten me. My team would glare. Or even spit at my shoes. Sometimes my coach hollers at me to stay on third. Do I listen? No. Hell no. His face would turn bright red like a cherry. Sometimes purple. Or even blue.

That was my freshman year.

Since then, I never learned my lesson as a sophomore. For the whole season, I succeed running home without getting caught out of most games. Of course, my breath got in the way majority of time. Therefore, I ran through the neighborhood and park with Kiba and Naruto to train my speed and breathing. And what luck did I give my team at the end of the season. Trophies. Medals. A certificate. Be on the school's newspapers. Yup. It paid off.

They all doubted on my technique. Many, like my mother were worried. I grew even more fast by running for a couple of miles on the track field on the week days and around the park on the weekends. Or even use the gym sport equipment room. As I jog throughout the week, I try to balance my heart rate.

Eight times I was sent to the doctors from a heart burn for my first football baseball season. I told my mom it wasn't a big deal but she refuses to listen to me. I went either way. Doctor said I should take it easy. How easy? He told me to take some medication. I don't take the medicine he proscribed me to take. Only my best friend, inhaler. If my heart involve in it. Only the ones I constantly take daily.

Mom grew anxious.

Enough about me. Kiba soon came around to talk to Neji and his friends. Of course, about the party on Saturday night.

"Yeah. Some other people from two schools going to be there too." Everyone gave Lee an odd look.

"Three? Why them?" Kiba scrunched his face. Lee shook his head to wave off the uncomfortable mood Kiba was sending.

"They're cool people. Right, Neji and Tenten?" Neji shrugged his shoulders. Tenten told us about some of their friends in other schools they hung out with. I was a familiar with some names like Bee and Sai. Bee was known as a Dj. He goes around a lot. Naruto and I met Sai at an art museum. Naruto confused me and Sai because we wore the same beanie and color jacket.

They're cool I guess.

"Hinata, why so quiet?" The small girl jerked her head back when Kiba spoken to her, facing near her face. Her face flushed pink like usual when she gets embarrassed. She nervously brought her eyes up to look at Kiba.

"Go-Gomen." He pats her head. Neji smacked Kiba's hand away in that second. Kiba glared at him then fixed his face with a smile as he looked down at Hinata.

"You're coming to the party Hinata?!" Ino exclaimed. Tenten nodded her head while planting her hands on the said girl's shoulders. Hinata turned her gaze at me. We stared for a minute. I eyed the calm Sakura. She busy herself by looking at the sky. I looked up at the changing sky too and glanced at the tower school clock.

"I'm leaving. It's getting dark." I turned.

"It's only four." Naruto yelled.

"Sasuke!" Sakura joined in and whined. Naruto and Sakura jumped on my back.

.

.

.

When Itachi told us about that certain upcoming gift, he came back months ago saying how he proposed to his college girlfriend. Mom wept in joy.

This night, the girl decided to visit for dinner to meet the family. I got to say. She was amazing. Her long brunette hair touch below her elbows. Her eyes were dark chocolate.

"What's your name?" Mother asked. The girl sitting across from me just smiled. Itachi held her hand. Showing off the silver band on her finger.

"Ayame." He said it very softly. I could tell. I could see love in his eyes. She giggled silently.

When she talks, words didn't exactly come from her lips. I didn't expect that. Pretty much a soundless conversation. Almost like she's whispering to us. Well, nothing comes out. Sometimes I moved closer or adjusted my seat to her when she's talking to me. Still no words come out.

She smiled every time Itachi gestured his hands. She replies with the different hand movements.

I realized. She's mute and death.

After dinner, they planned to leave but mom somehow persuaded for them to stay. The girl couldn't refuse. She fell in love with mom. She admired mom. She helped mom with cleaning after dinner and tried to follow what she's saying.

"She's not deaf, Sasuke." Itachi told me.

"I-I didn't say that."

"You assumed. Not all mute people are deaf. Like not all deaf people are mute. Yet, one ear is death though, she's able to read lips too." I nodded my head. I get it. But why did he choose her.

"Why her? Out of every girl in college."

"We met at the hospital when you had your surgery. She had hers on the same day. Before her surgery, we talked. She told me she was adopted. She lived with a lovely family. Her real folks abused her that she needed surgery. That led to her losing her voice and hearing in one ear." He stared at the ground grimly.

Itachi lost contact with her after she discharged from the hospital before me. College came around and he immediately stood beside her like two pieces of tape when he saw her. She works as a chef in her new family restaurant around here but she went away to study. They done everything together for the sake to not be apart again. They were in love. I guess.

When he said that he blushed. I felt warmth on my cheeks. I coughed to make the room not so awkward.

"You talk too much." I muttered.

"I forgot how useful words can be when I don't use it as offend. I miss talking." Itachi rest his chin on top of his palms. A kind smile plastered on his lips.

"What do you me?"

"I barely speak since I'm using sign language. It was worth it." He told me he sacrificed some months to take some sign language class. He mentioned how broken people aren't some project. They're pretty much interesting and challenging to have in a life to know they're also special with dreams and life.

The two slept in Itachi's old room. It's awkward. To know that my own brother already planning to get marry.

I missed this. Missed my brother being home. He still has his old habits. He peeks in my room at the middle of the night. He thought I was sleep but I wasn't. He shut the door and went down stairs for a glass of milk. I know its milk. He always drinks a glass before heading to bed. That's how my brother is.

The next day, the two got ready to leave. Mom hugged her soon to be daughter in law. I waved. She suddenly pulled me in for a squeeze. Itachi told me she said I was adorable. Ugh. But she was thinking about the younger version me.

She said I grown up handsome.

They left in his car. Mom suddenly broke down crying in my arms soon as we entered the house. Awkwardly, I sat her down on the couch. She cried how her boys are growing up. What mother wouldn't cry?

I chuckled as I wiped her face.

"Your father would be so proud."

"I bet he is." I hugged her. I thought about what Itachi said yesterday night.

Broken people...

Is it possible they give us strength? Am I broken too. I felt my mom wrapped her arm around my neck and her other hand on my beating chest. If I am broken, do I give them any strength to encourage me to keep on living.

I shut my eyes and sink in her warmth. If it's vice versa, I hope I'm giving as much strength to mother.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 224 9
SASUSAKU (AU) TIME TRAVEL / Short SasuSaku story! Sakura Haruno, a medical student, finds an unconscious man, Sasuke Uchiha, from a different time pe...
15.4K 551 37
Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura have been tied at each other's hips since they were toddlers. Varying freak accidents unfortunately end the three up as or...
4.3K 123 11
Uchiha Sarada's life was about as average as any ordinary shinobi, besides being the daughter of the Uchiha Sasuke and Haruno Sakura. But when the da...
168K 4.4K 29
UNDER EDITING The village of Konoha has been experiencing an all time low of children. The population was decreasing and the struggle to find younge...