Lost (Irondad fanfic) [re-wri...

By Nayash12

Book one in the IronFamily Series. (This is a re-write) *** (This series will follow Peter and Tony. Peter... More

The First Month
The Fourth Month
The Sixth Month
The Big Day
Coming Home
First Words
It Was Supposed to be 3 Days Only
A New School
Finally

The Big News

1K 24 1
By Nayash12

Tony sat in the waiting room in the hospital, more horrified than ever. Scared about the mother of his child, and his unborn son.

God, he is going to have a son. He is going to be a father. The thought was still so surreal, because who would have thought The Tony Stark having kids.

It all started five months ago...

***

Tony was in his lab, working on the newest weapons for the U.S military. He had AC/DC blasted on full volume. The music was lowered, and Tony sighed, knowing that Pepper, Rhodey, or Stane were accessing his lab, probably to lecture him about something.

As he expected, the sound of high heels clicking filled the huge lab, "Mr. Stark," Pepper said, trying to get his attention. Tony turned around in his stool, setting down his tools, "Ms. Potts. What's the lecture about this time?" He asked.

Pepper gave him a small smile, "I'm not here to lecture you. I just need you to sign these papers," she held out some papers clipped on a clipboard. She handed him a pen and he signed them without even reading them.

"I think I might sign off my company to you someday without me knowing," He joked.

"Who said you haven't already?"

Tony smiled and gave her back the pen. Then he noticed the thing she was holding in her other hand; it was an envelope. He nodded towards it, "What's that?"

"Oh, I found this letter in Mr. Stane's office when I went to pick up some files he left for me. But I noticed it was directed to you. It said on the back that it's from Amy Riedo," she said and handed it to him. "It was open when I found it. I think Mr. Stane read it," 

Tony nodded in acknowledgment, remembering the long-haired brunette he met at a party about three months ago. He doesn't exactly remember the night, because obviously, he got drunk. But he does remember his pleasant time with the woman. He pulled out the letter, 

"Dear Mr. Stark, 

I know you probably don't remember me, my name is Amy Riedo. We met at a party three months ago. We spent it drinking, then we went to your mansion. I'm sorry to have to tell you this over a letter but I don't have your contact info. I'm pregnant,

Tony felt like he had a small heart attack at the words I'm pregnant.

 "I'm sure it's yours. I'm engaged, but it isn't his because I only met him after the party and we didn't do anything 'intimate'. Again, I'm really sorry you're having to know such big news over a letter. My address and contact info are on the back of this letter. I really hope you respond to this.

Amy Riedo."

Tony felt his heart skip beats. He turned over the paper and read the information. No. No no no no, this can't be true!  He can't. Be. A father. "Mr. Stark?" Pepper's concerned voice rang around him. He looked up at her, dismissing her worried look, "Um, can you call Happy? tell him to get a car after two hours, we're driving to San Diego,"

Pepper looked slightly taken aback by his request but nodded anyway and then exited the lab, already pulling out her phone to text Happy. 

Tony slouched in his seat, the only thing running through his mind was how horrible his father used to treat him, and how he will turn out exactly like him. A drink. He needed a drink. Tony got up and stalked towards the minibar he had in his lab. He poured a glass of Vodka and sat on the sofa (More like collapsed into the sofa from shock).

"Calm down, she could be mistaken. It's probably not yours. Yeah. Quite possibly not yours," he muttered, trying to calm down.

He was gravely mistaken.

***

The car came to a slow stop in front of a rather nice apartment building, which did not help Tony's anxiety, because now, he was sure she was not after money from him. He leaned a bit so he could talk to Happy, "You can go wherever you want, don't wait for me here, it might be a while before I finish this thing,"

"Sure thing, Boss. Are you sure you're okay?" His driver asked concern etched on his face.

"Yeah...yeah, I'm peachy," he said, getting out of the car.

He stared at the building in front of him. He can change his mind and go home, right? He can just forget about it all, even if it turned out to actually be his. The kid can just grow up not knowing who his real father is. Amy said she was engaged, so it will defiantly have a father-figure. 

No, you can't think like this. 'Be responsible for once in your life, Anthony!' His father would certainly say (shout) this at Tony if he was still alive. Tony took a very deep breath and walked to the entrance.

The apartment was on the second floor, and even though there was an elevator, Tony chose to take the stairs. He felt the dread grow more and more with each step he took. Unfortunately, he reached his destination quite quickly despite climbing the stairs slowly. He strode over to apartment 616 and hesitated before knocking on the door twice.

The door flew open and Amy appeared, "Oh, thank God. You actually came,"

"Were you not expecting it?"

"Of course I wasn't. It's you we're talking about,"

Tony swallowed thickly and stuffed his sweaty hands in his pockets. "Come on, let's go for a walk. Ian, my fiance, isn't here,"

Tony agreed silently. She grabbed her jacket and keys and came back to Tony. She closed the door and locked it.

***

The two of them walked down the streets. They were empty since everyone was at work. Tony kept glancing at the small bump that was a little visible. "I know it's a big shock," Amy said.

"Oh, yeah, it is," Tony laughed nervously.

"I know it's a big thing to ask you this, and I'm sorry for saying it so blatantly, but will you keep him?"

Tony stopped in his tracks. Shocked at her question and at the last word she said, "Him?" he asked, suddenly out of breath. Amy sighed.

"Shit. Yeah, it's a boy... Fuck--yeah, I'm sorry,"

Tony leaned on one of the shop's windows and buried his face in his hands. Him. Him. It's a boy. He is going to have a baby boy. "Tony?" Amy's voice snapped him out of his thoughts. "Are you okay?"

"Peachy,"

"Sure. Let's go, there's a coffee shop over there, we can sit and talk,"

Tony followed her into a small and cozy coffee shop. It was warm inside, a stark (pun not intended) contrast to the cold outside.

Tony ordered a black coffee while Amy ordered a mocha. They sat on a table in the back so Tony would not get recognized. They sipped on their drinks silently, neither of them daring to initiate a conversation until Amy had the courage to, "You still hadn't answered my question,"

"Hmm? Oh," was Tony's response.

"'oh' doesn't answer it,"

Tony hesitated. "Stark, you know I can't keep him. I'm getting married soon, and Ian can't raise a kid that isn't his. Yes, he may love him, but it's not the same,"

"Well, what makes you think I can take care of a child, huh? I barely take care of myself,"

"Do you really want him to be put in the system? Thrown from one foster family to the other? Getting neglected and possibly way worse?"

"The system isn't that bad. They always exaggerate it in movies,"

"Oh, please!"

"Besides, I have a drinking problem,"

"Well, good thing you have five months to get over it,"

Tony took a large sip of his coffee, drinking half of the cup in one sip, "You know I can't,"

"Tony, please..." Amy's tone was now turning into a pleading one. Tony tried not to have a mental breakdown. Contrary to popular belief, Tony did want to have kids, but the fear of turning out like Howard terrified him to his core. He anxiously tapped on his cup, holding it so tight he felt it might shatter in his grasp. He took a deep breath (he seems to be doing that a lot lately) and released it slowly.

"Alright, I get it. It's fine--well, it actually isn't-- but I understand your point-"

"I'll do it,"

Amy stopped rambling, "What?"

"I'll take him. Putting him in the system would not be better than what my father did,"

"Is that why you were scared? You didn't want to turn out like your dad?" Amy's voice was soft and gentle.

"You have no idea how he was. He was so cold and calculating. I've never heard him say 'I love you' to me once,"

"I'm sure there was a reason behind it,"

Tony scoffed, "We're talking about a man whos happiest day was when he threw me into boarding school. There was no reason, he was just being an asshole to his only son," 

"Well, maybe it's time for you to break the cycle of shame," she smiled softly at him.

Tony's lips twitched into a small smile, "Yeah, I guess so."  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 58 14
"The best thing to hold onto in life is each other." - Audrey Hepburn ─── ο½₯ ο½‘οΎŸβ˜†: *.☽ .* :β˜†οΎŸ. ─── Peter and MJ meet years later. Peter is a single fa...
702 34 26
This is my very first story that I'm putting out in the world so here goes absolutely nothing. I write Peter Parker sickfics for fun and I thought wh...
2.8K 68 20
=THIS STORY HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED, I MOST LIKELY WILL NOT RE-WRITE OR CONTINUE IT= SUMMARY: Peter Parker, a local neighborhood superhero, desperatel...
1.6M 57.9K 35
Every family has demons, but none of them seem to scream as loudly as they do in the Stark family. Tony Stark is known for many things; a father...