Secret Elite | ✔| writing a...

By _elissee

BOOK ONE OF THE ELITE SERIES. After being expelled for the third time, this time for breaking a misogynistic... More

preface
aesthetics
playlist
i.
ii.
iii.
iv.
v.
vi.
vii.
viii.
ix.
x.
xi.
xii.
xiii.
xiii.
xiv.
xv.
xvi.
xvii.
xviii.
xix
xx.
xxi.
xxii.
xxiii.
xxiv.
xxv.
xxvi.
xxvii.
xxix.
xxx.
xxxi.
xxxii.
xxxiii.
xxxiv.
xxxv.
xxxvi.
xxxvii.
xxxviii.
xxxix.
xl.
xli.
xlii.
xliii.
tweets

xxviii.

81.8K 3K 1.5K
By _elissee

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT.

adrianna saint laurent
perspective

-

"ARE YOU THE reason why Elijah ended up breaking the glass door?" Theo arches his eyebrow at me, looking at me with suspicion.

"No?" I scrunch my face in confusion, "Damn. How did he break the glass door?"

"Oh, he was smashing it with the metal baseball bat. It was pretty scary watching him do that," he mutters, shuddering at the thought as he leans back on his chair.

I look at the empty seat next to me, waiting for Elijah to enter the class but I knew he wasn't going to come here. He had started his game of ignoring me, pretending like I don't exist.

"I don't think he's even going to show up at school," Theo sighs, watching me look back at the door every time it opens. It definitely didn't look like Elijah was going to join our Chemistry class.

"Are you going to tell me what happened yesterday? You don't have to though," he gives me a small smile as he glances at my sullen expression.

"I can summarise it for you. I revealed something to him and now he technically hates me," I sigh, leaning back on the chair.

"Did he say that he hates you?" Theo arches his eyebrow at me, crossing his arms.

I bite my lip, "Well, not exactly but he-."

"There you go!" Theo grins, clasping his hands together, "If he didn't say that he hates you, then that means he's just angry at you but he doesn't hate you."

"Dude, he broke a glass door because of me. Doesn't that say a lot?" I groan, leaning my jaw on my hand as I watch the grin on Theo's face slightly fade away.

"Well, Elijah is always angry so it's nothing to worry about," Theo mumbles, waving his hand dismissively before grabbing the test tubes since we were meant to do an experiment.

"That's true," I sigh, "But he didn't even come to school because of me. That shows how much he's pissed at me."

"Or maybe he's just sick or broke his hand or I don't know," he shrugs.

"When has Elijah ever broken his own bones? He's the one breaking other people's bones," I snort, shaking my head at Theo.

"Then that leaves us with the option of him being sick," Theo groans, rolling his eyes.

"Yeah, can't imagine him being sick and laying on the bed," I shake my head with a frown, "Which leaves us with the option that he's skipping school and trying to avoi-."

"Hey, Anna. Do you wanna join us?" The blonde boy from the row in front of us turns around, smiling at me.

"No, John. Don't interrupt me again," I scoff, giving him a distasteful look.

"It's Jack," he snorts, rolling his eyes at me.

"Alright," I mutter before turning my head around to look at Theo, "Where was I again?"

Theo hums, glancing at me, "You said Elijah was skipping school and something else."

"Ah, right. I remember. So yes, Elijah is skipping school to avoid m-."

"Are you sure you don't want to join us, Anna?" Jack pushes the question again, leaning back on my table.

"She said no, dude. Does she need to write it on your face now?" Theo scoffs, scowling at the blonde.

"I wasn't asking you, Ambrose," he snorts, rolling his eyes at Theo before moving his gaze back to me.

Theo scowls, hardening his glare at the blonde, "Listen, dude. Fuck off, right now, before -."

"Mr Ambrose, I need to talk to you, please come here," Professor Greene narrows his eyes at Theo, waving his hand at him, signalling Theo to walk over to the front.

"Ah, shit. It's probably because of my shit grades," Theo groans, rolling his eyes as he gets up from his seat before walking to the front.

"Now, what do you say, Anna? Do you want to join my group?" Jack muses, placing his hand on top of mine and I scrunch my face in disgust.

"Didn't I tell you to fuck off the other day, Dickson?"

Elijah freaking Winchester was here, grabbing onto Jack Hickson's collar, pulling him back to his own seat.

"Dude, leave me," he groans, "And it's Hickson."

"Does it look like I give a fuck, Dickson?" Elijah scoffs, rolling his eyes.

"Mr Winchester, you're late and please don't cause disruptions in my class," the teacher scolds, pointing to Elijah's seat.

"Okay," he mutters, rolling his eyes as he leaves Jack's collar, walking towards me.

He takes a seat next to me, not bothering to even spare me a glance. He removes his laptop from his bag and glances at the board, looking out to take notes but since the teacher had already changed slides on the smartboard, there was nothing left to copy.

"Do you want to look at my notes?" I push my notebook towards him, glancing at him.

"No. I'll look at Theo's notes," he grunts, pushing my book away, declining my offer without even looking at me.

"Wow, you actually showed up!" Theo grins, standing in front of Elijah, patting his shoulder.

"Yeah. Give me your notes," he demands, pushing Theo's hand off his shoulder.

"Does it look like I ever take notes in my class?" Theo snorts, rolling his eyes at his friend, "I always borrow notes from Nico or Anna."

"Why don't you borrow Anna's notes? They're good as fuck," Theo hums, grinning at me while I give him a small smile.

"No, I don't want to," he mutters, making me and Theo frown at his words.

"Well, suck it up and use her notes because all the people in this class have terrible handwriting or are too dumb for you, leaving you no choice but to use Anna's notes," Theo rolls his eyes at his best friend, lightly punching his shoulder before walking over to his seat.

"Fuck it, I'll just leave," Elijah mutters as he starts to pack up his stuff, wanting to leave this class because of me.

"Just because of me?" I mutter, holding onto the sleeve of his blazer, glancing into his eyes and for the first time today, he finally looks into my eyes.

"Don't touch me, Adr-Anna," he hisses, closing his eyes shut for a second since my name nearly slipped out of his mouth.

"God, what's gotten into him?" Theo murmurs as we watch him leave the classroom in a rush, closing the door with a loud bang but the teacher didn't bother calling him back since it was useless. Elijah never listened to anyone in this school.

"It's all because of me, Theo. I messed up everything but this was bound to happen anyway. The sooner I told him this, the better," I sigh, running my hand through my hair, glancing outside of the window.

"Am I missing out on something?" Theo arches his eyebrow at me, staring at me with confusion, "What are you hiding from me?"

"I can't tell you that right now. I'm sorry, Theo. But you'll find out soon, I promise," I give him a small smile.

"Am I going to have the same reaction as Elijah?" Theo mumbles, pursing his lips into a thin line.

I tilt my head a little and press my lips together, "Not exactly the same but I'm hoping you'll have a better reaction," I mutter, "I'm guessing you'll find it amusing since you find everything funny."

Theo widens his eyes in amusement, "Oh, that's making me excited," he chuckles, sending me a small grin, "Are you secretly an assassin?"

"No. If I was, then you wouldn't be here right now."

"Why do you always have to be mean to me? You keep on breaking my heart, Annie," he feigns a frown, keeping his hand on his heart.

"Do you want some glue to stick your heart together? I'll get it for you," I muse.

"That is not going to help," he scoffs, taking the glue stick out of my hands and throwing it back into his pencil case.

"Well then, I can always stitch it together," I snort, rolling my eyes at him, grabbing my bag.

"Are you removing a needle now?" Theo widens his eyes as I dig my hand into my bag.

"No, stupid. I'm grabbing my bottle," I roll my eyes at him, grabbing my bottle of water from my bag before keeping my bag down.

"Oh," he breathes in relief, "I can always expect the unexpected from you," he murmurs.

"Thanks, I guess?" I give him a confused smile while he shakes his head, smiling at me.

"You know, my life would have been so much funnier if I met you earlier," he sighs, frowning as he pats my shoulder.

"Do you think I'm your personal clown?" I scowl at him, slapping his hand off my shoulder.

"I mean, you can be my personal something..." Theo teases, sending me a smirk as he moves his face closer to mine.

"Personal trainer? Mhm, it does look like you need one," I hum, checking him out from top to bottom.

He scoffs at me, rolling his eyes, "I go to the gym every day, Anna. I don't need a personal trainer."

"Ew, that's a lot of sweating every day then," I scrunch my face at him, moving my face away from him.

"Stop acting as if I stink," he snorts, throwing me a look.

"But you do stink," I mutter, "You stink of dumbness."

"That's very nice of you, Anna," he rolls his eyes at me, clicking his tongue.

"Thank you for reminding me of how nice I am," I feign a smile, flicking my hair on his face.

"You could make the whole school cry. Yeah, you're definitely a nice person," he mutters and I widen my eyes at him, elbowing him in the stomach.

He hisses in pain, "And you call yourself a nice person after doing this," he groans, sending me a mini glare.

"Yeah, I do," I scoff, rolling my eyes at him as I start putting the apparatus away since the class was about to end.

I walk to the back of the class and keep the tray containing all the apparatus there and turn around, ready to walk back to my table.

"Do you want to hang out with me during lunch?" Jack freaking Hickson stands in front of me, blocking my way and I scrunch my face at him.

"No," I retort, glaring at him. I try to walk past him but he grasps onto my wrist, pulling me back.

"Why not?" He feigns a frown, pouting at me and I scrunch my face in disgust at him.

"Don't touch me," I hiss, slapping his hand off, pushing him back.

"You really don't listen, do you?" Theo scoffs, pulling him by his collar and slamming him against the wall.

"Leave him, Theo. Don't waste your energy on a piece of shit like him," I sigh, putting my hand on his shoulder.

Theo glances back and looks into my eyes for a few seconds before leaving Jack's collar. He pushes him away, glaring at him, "If I see you harassing her again, you won't be walking on these grounds again."

I scowl at the boy before Theo holds my arm and pulls me away from him, walking out of the class.

"Why didn't you break his jaw with those hands? You hurt me but not him. That's rude of you," he frowns, narrowing his eyes at me.

"I'm easy on you but I won't be easy on him so I can't do anything," I roll my eyes at him, "And my place in this academy is not valued compared to him."

"We'll help you," he glances at me, "We'll back you up."

"That's nice but I want to stand on my own, without anyone's help," I give him a tight-lipped smile and he nods his head.

"I like that mindset," he smiles, "But we're always here so don't worry," he pats my shoulder.

"Never knew you had this personality besides being dumb and flirting," I grin at him, letting out a laugh.

"There are much more things that you don't know about," he smirks, amusement gleaming in his sapphire eyes as we walk towards the picnic tables.

"Oh really?" I smirk back at him, "Then why don't you tell me everything?" I whisper, looking into his eyes and then at his lips.

"Oh, I'll tell you everything. Only to you," he muses, smirking at me, trying his best to stifle his laughter.

We look into each other's eyes and start laughing while he puts his arm around my shoulders.

"Theodore, you're having too much fun with my best friend! Get away from her and go find your own best friend!"

I look in front of me to see Kota glaring at us, well at Theo, with his hands on his hips. Nico was sitting next to him, staring at us with a smile, leaving Elijah nowhere to be seen. I wasn't even surprised that he wasn't here.

"Dude, my best friend isn't even here." Theo scoffs as we take our seats on the table.

"Okay but that doesn't mean you can steal my best friend," Kota scoffs, narrowing his eyes at Theo

"I was not stealing her!" Theo gasps, frowning at Kota.

"Can you two dumbasses shut your mouth for a minute?" Nico groans, rolling his eyes at the two while I chuckle.

"I'm not dumb!" Theo and Kota chorus before giving each other weird looks.

"Anna, don't you agree with me that they are dumb?" Nico glances at me with a smile while Kota and Theo looked at me with hopeful eyes, wanting me to decline Nico's claim.

"You already know what my answer is," I smile and Kota starts to grin.

"Heard that? Anna doesn't think we're dumb," Kota snorts, rolling his eyes at Nico.

"You really don't know her well," Nico mutters under his breath, making me let out a laugh.

"What he means is that I agree with him. I do believe that you guys are dumb. Not exactly academically, but personality-wise, you two are dumb," I shrug, smiling at them while they frown at me.

"Look, even your best friend isn't backing you up," Theo snorts, shaking his head at Kota.

"She's being honest. You're dumb," Kota mutters, "But your best friend isn't even here, that's worse."

"He's ignoring Anna. I don't get why he's so pissed," Theo shrugs, glancing at Kota.

"What?" Kota blinks, "He's angry at my lovely Annie? He needs help," he hisses and I smile, trying to suppress my laughter.

"Mhm, she told him something but she isn't gonna tell us that yet. Must be something big." Theo mumbles, shaking his head as he glances at me.

"No matter how big it is, it can't change the fact that she's my best friend," Kota shrugs, smiling at me.

"You know what? I take my words. Kota, you're not dumb. Academic wise, maybe, but I love your personality." I smile, placing my hand on his and squeezing it gently.

"See that? That's my best friend," he grins, squeezing my hand, sending me a wink.

"Okay, show off," Theo groans, rolling his eyes at us.

"We should go on a picnic tomorrow," Kota suggests, grinning at us, "Are you all in?"

"Mhm, I don't mind," Nico shrugs, glancing at Kota as his grin widens.

"I'm always free for Kota," I chuckle, smiling at Kota.

"I'm gonna say yes before Kota chases me," Theo mutters, groaning as he watches Kota squeal in excitement.

"Great! Now, all we need is the angry bird of the group to say yes," Kota sighs, looking around us in search of him.

"I saw him in the rose garden," Nico states, pointing at the place not too far from us.

"Yeah, I don't think he's going to join us as long as I'm there," I mutter, pressing my lips together.

"That's not going to happen," Kota scoffs, "He's definitely joining us."

"Then why don't you drag him here?" Theo snorts, rolling his eyes.

"Pretty sure he's gonna be the one getting dragged," Nico murmurs, earning himself a shove from Kota, making me let out a laugh.

"I'm not gonna drag him here," Kota states, "Neither will you two," he snorts, pointing to Nico and Theo.

"She will tell him about the picnic and if he doesn't listen then we will drag him there," Kota states, pointing at me.

"Are you sure that you want me to go tell him?" I mumble, pointing at myself as I glance at Kota.

"Yes! Now, go and tell him," he smiles and I let out a groan, getting up from my seat.

"Don't worry, he won't do anything," Theo chuckles, patting my back while I roll my eyes at him.

"Hopefully, I'll come back alive," I murmur as I start walking towards the rose garden.

Once I arrive in the rose garden, I look around for Elijah and my eyes finally land on him. He was there sitting on the bench, leaning his head on the backrest of the bench with his eyes closed.

I walk towards him and look at him, staring at his peaceful face. He looked so angelic when he was sleeping.

I sigh, taking a seat on the bench, not too far away from him, and lean back, staring at his face and admiring it.

I move my gaze towards his thick, long eyelashes and I frown, jealous that he had better eyelashes than me. I move my gaze lower to his sharp cheekbones, then moving my gaze to his lips.

I wanted to feel his lips against mine badly. I was addicted to them. I was addicted to the feeling of the softness of his lips against my skin.

I slowly reach out my hand towards his cheek, not being able to refrain from touching him anymore.

"Anna," he whispers and my heart starts to race rapidly against my chest as I quickly take my hand back.

Shit, was he awake the whole time?

I watch him slowly open his eyes and turn his head around. Once our eyes meet, he reaches out his hand towards me, caressing my cheek.

"Elijah," I whisper as he continues caressing my cheek. At the sound of my voice, he looks into my eyes for a few seconds before widening his eyes. He pulls his hand away from my cheek and stares at me in confusion.

"What are you doing here?" He arches an eyebrow, getting up from the bench.

"Kota wanted me to tell you that we're having a picnic tomorrow," I state, looking into his eyes.

"Okay and?" He sighs, waiting for my answer impatiently.

"We want you to join us. You have to," I shrug.

"What I don't want to join?" He scoffs, rolling his eyes at me.

"Then I'll take some other guy with me," I shrug, throwing him a small smile, "I know you don't want to join so I already have some guys in min-."

"I'm joining," he replies and I could sense the bitterness in his tone.

"Just because I'm ignoring you doesn't mean that I won't join my other friends. Now, leave me alone," he mumbles, looking away from my gaze.

"Alright," I mutter, smiling as I turn around to walk back.

I continue walking with a smile but I halt in my spot when I see a familiar boy sitting on the grass.

Jack Hickson, the annoying rat, was sitting on the grass with bruises covering his face and body and I could see the pain in his face.

"Damn. Who beat you up before I could?" I muse, staring at him as he puts an icepack on his swollen cheek.

He hisses, glaring at me, "Your fucking boyfriend. You little snitch, you told him to do this, didn't you?"

"I don't even have a boyfriend," I scoff, "But I wanna thank that person who did that to you. Who was it, Jack?"

"I told you that it's your boyfriend," he groans, "He's behind you and he looks like he's going to beat me up any second," he hisses, pointing behind me.

I turn my head to see who was standing behind me, knowing who it was and I was right.

Elijah freaking Winchester was standing not too far away from me, glaring at the boy in front of me. And if looks could kill, then Elijah would've killed the boy already.

"Hickson, he's not my boyfriend," I snort, shaking my head.

"Yet," I chuckle, smiling at Jack before walking away.

i'm spoiling y'all too much with these quick updates🙄✋🏽

spoiler: something big is gonna happen in the next chapter so buckle up 😝👍🏽

also next chapter is gonna take a while to come so here's the long update🥱

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3M 213K 78
To start over. That's what Alex Rose needed, after that night. That's what drove her out of her home in London, to New York, halfway across the wor...
307K 10.4K 62
[ FINISHED - unedited ] ❝How do I... How do I stop them?" "You want to stop them?" Rachel raised an eyebrow. "Yes," I nodded. She immediately broke o...
595K 19.7K 47
HEIRS SERIES #1 ~Eres Academy~ Paige Bennet is a commoner. Wealth isn't in her vocabulary, nor is designer...
4.2K 343 50
"Please, come back to me." "I never left." *** Clara Carter, the troublemaker of A...