【☆】B A S S E T T【☆】

By menasmunchkins

☆Joshua Bassett Imagines.☆ More

【☆】B A S S E T T 【☆】
1. Cute & Clumsy
2. Late Night Drive
3. Feelings For You
4. Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You
5. You're Distracting Me
6. This Moment
7. Breakfast At Joshua's
8. She
9. "You're The Sir Jeffers To My Rebecca."
10. Sweet Like Sugar
12. "I'm So Hot!"

11. I Believe In You

1.1K 19 7
By menasmunchkins

"I want to be an actor and a musician!" Joshua chirped to the teacher as he smiled. You look at Joshua in awe while smiling, sitting next to him. "Well I'm sure you're going to be a great actor and musician Joshua. You sing Mr. Golden Sun so well." The teacher replied with a smile. Joshua giggles as he turns to you smiling like crazy. "I believe in you Joshy. You can do it." You say grabbing his hand, smiling back at him, continuing to listen to the other kids sharing what they want to be when they grow up during circle time.

"I don't know Y/N." Joshua says shaking his head. "What if I don't get in?" Joshua asks nervously, wringing his hands. You closed your locker, looking at Joshua with a raised eyebrow. "Are you kidding? Josh come on! Of course you're going to get in! You've been practicing for your audition everyday! I've watched you! You're a natural!" You tell him smiling. Josh pressed his lips together. "And if I don't get in?" He asks. You scoffed. "Joshy, it's a school play, if they don't put you in then they are blind and dumb." You answer. "Besides, I know for a fact that you're going to get in. I just know it! Josh you are so talented, anyone who doesn't notice that has a problem. And think of it this way." You say as you leaned against your locker. "These are your first steps into your career. Don't worry if you won't make it, you'll have lots of other opportunities." You add as Josh nods. "But, I also know that you're Joshua Bassett and everyone knows you're gifted with that voice of yours and your musical abilities." You say smiling. Joshua smiles as well. "I know you're going to get in." You tell him as you placed a hand on his shoulder. "I believe in you." You tell him.

Joshua pants, jumping up and down as he shakes his hands. "Okay, okay. I can do this. First show jitters, right?" He asks, turning his head towards you. You nod your head, giving him a reassuring look. "Right! Look, don't stress out! You've been practicing for this moment! No need to be nervous! I know you can do this!" You tell him, walking up to him as you give him his water bottle. He sighs and takes the bottle and drinks from it. "You're right. What am I nervous for? I got this." He says giving you back the water bottle. Josh peeks from behind the curtain to view at the audience. "Oh boy." He sighs. You walk up to him again and pull him away from the curtain. "Josh. Don't think about how many people are out there! Think about here. The stage! You! Your part! Think about Everything you've done for this moment. You're going to be fine!" You tell him, placing a hand on his shoulder. "I believe in you." You say smiling. Josh smiles and his gaze lays upon you as he gives a nod. "Thank you." He tells you, giving you a quick hug as he runs to his spot for curtain call. "Break a leg!" You tell him with a big smile.

"I don't know." Josh says closing his laptop. Your eyes widened. "What?! Are you kidding? No! Come on!" You say sitting up straighter and closer to Joshua on his couch. "It's probably not that big of a deal." He says shrugging it off. You furrow your eyebrows. "What? Uhm, no way! Josh come on do it! It's your dream! It's a big step for your career!" You say opening up his laptop and giving it to him. "Do it! This is big Josh! Who knows you might get an audition and it might happen!" You explain, pointing to the screen. Josh hesitates, but you shook your head. "Come on." You say. You smile, nudging him with your elbow. "Do it. Sign up." You add. Josh looks at the screen then at you. "I believe in you." You say putting a hand on his shoulder. Josh's face relaxes and he smiles. "I know you do." He replies and clicks the sign up button.

You smile as those memories ran in your head. You've been there for Joshua since the beginning and you have been his support, and he appreciated that.

You sat in your living room, scrolling through pictures of you and Joshua from kindergarten up to now. You two have been the bestest friends and have been through everything together. Not to mention, you two grew closer to each other, having feels for one another and became boyfriend and girlfriend. It was pure bliss for the two of you and you both cared for one another. The two of you were inseparable.

"Y/N. I'm nervous." Joshua says, running his hands through his hair as he paces back and forth across the living room. You look up from your phone and sigh. "Josh. You're overreacting. You're going to be fine." You say. Josh stops and looks at you. "What if I don't make it?" He asks worried. You laughed. "You're crazy. Honey, I saw your audition. It was perfect and you did amazing, why wouldn't you get casted?" You tell him as he walks towards you. His worried face made you feel worried. You sighed, hoping to lighten his mood. He was very nervous. "Joshy you've worked so hard for this. Don't doubt yourself." You tell him as he sits down next you, cuddling up against you, placing his head on your shoulder as you wrapped your hands around him, comforting him. "I just feel like I messed up. It wasn't enough." He mutters. "Nonsense. You did amazing. Look, if they reject you, and you don't get the part, then they're missing out because you are Joshua Bassett. A one of a kind, talented and amazing actor and musician." You say, quickly taking his hand in your hand. "Maybe it was a bad idea doing this." He says pressing his lips together. You look at him with furrowed eyebrows, confused. "Oh you've got to be kidding me!" You say laughing. "If I had a dollar for every time you doubted yourself all these years." You said when you found your gaze upon him to ease. You looked at him. He looked so anxious and worried. Josh was actually going through so many emotions for this one thing that can make or break his future. His career.

"Oh Joshy" you say, pressing yourself against him as you placed a hand on the side of his face, caressing him gently. "I'm proud of you, you know. Of everything you've done uptil now." You say softly, as his eyes fix upon yours. "I know you, and I know that you're one special guy. I need you to know that whatever happens, happens. But also know that I'm always going to be here for you, and that whatever you decide for your future in acting and music, is what I'm happy to support you in." You add as his lips form a small smile. "But." You add. "There's always a but." Josh adds. You both laugh continuing to smile while Josh holds you closer. "As I always say, you're going to get the part! I just know it! You always do! There's no doubt in my mind you are going to get the part." You look at him. His eyes, lighting up like a light, his cheeks turning a tint red as he blushes, and his smile, perfect as ever. "I believe in you Joshy. You can do it." You whisper, giving him a light kiss on the lips as he smiled.

A few minutes passed by when Josh gets a phone call. Both of you shot up as Josh quickly gets his phone and stands up. "Okay, okay it's them." He says. He looks at you as you smile giving him a nod. He nods back and sighes as he answers the phone.

"Hello?" He says eyeing at you. "Yes this is him." He adds, pacing back and forth. "Mhm. Yes. Thank you." He says. You watched him go back and forth as you wondered what was being told to him. "Right." Josh says. "Yeah of course! Oh ok." He says. You pressed your lips together hoping whatever was being told to him was good. "Really? Oh! Oh wow! Okay. Okay." He says. Josh looks at you and motions that the person on the phone is quite the talker as he mimicks with his hands, opening and closing his fingers. You giggle as he smiles. "That's great! Thank you. I very much appreciate it. Thank you. You as well!" He says and then hangs up.

"Well?" You ask. Josh stands there motionless. "Uh." Josh says. "Well come on now! Tell me!" You say standing up. "Well." Josh says sighing as he runs his hands though his hair. His facial expressions drop. His face was blank. "Josh you're scaring me. Tell me please." You ask. You walk up to Josh, holding his arms. "Well. They casted everyone." He says. You hold him tighter, looking up at him. "And. I." He says looking down at you. He sighs. He shakes his head with a frown. "I didn't get the part I auditioned for." He says frowning in a low voice. Your face froze as you felt heartbroken for Joshua. "Oh My God. Joshy." You say as you hug him. "I'm so sorry." You say feeling shocked at the fact he didn't get the part. You felt like you were going to cry. "I'm so sorry." You tell him again, running your hands though his hair. Josh pulls you off from him as he cups your face. "It's okay." He says with a small smile, as his lips tremble. "No! No it's not! You worked so hard and you're so talented! I-" You began to say when Josh cut you off. "No, really it's okay!" He says. "Really?" You asked. He was taking it better than you thought he would. "You're not mad?" You ask. He chuckles. "No. Why would I be mad?" He says. You embrace him again. "I'm so sorry." You say again, burying your head in his chest. Josh chuckles again. "Sweetie, it's okay! Really!" He say, caressing you, keeping his eyes on you. "Is it really okay?" You ask. He nods. "It's okay because I got the lead role anyway." He says with a smile.

Your heart skipped a beat as your eyes widened. "You said what?!" You asked holding him tighter. Your sadness left and a beam of joy kicked in. "Lead role." He repeats. "Oh my god. No! Stop!" You say almost dropping into the floor. Josh smiles and begins to laugh. "Shut up!" You say. "I'm not joking. I'm being so serious." He says, his eyes beginning to water. You smile, screaming, as you jump into his arms as you begin to cry as well. "Josh I'm so proud of you!" You tell him. "Oh my god! That's insane! Ugh I'm so proud of you!" You add. He embraces you and kisses you gently. "I couldn't have done it without you!" Josh tells you, placing you gently back on the floor. You hold him, admiring him. "I knew it! I just knew it!" You say. "I can't believe it. Lead role?!" He says eyes widened. "See Josh! I told you you could do it!" You say. "All these years and you believed in me." He says wrapping his arms around you. "And I still do." You add. He gives you a kiss and you tell him. "I will always believe in you."

A/N: Well Hi There! It's been a hot minute! So how is everyone?

Sorry this is short. I honestly don't know what I should write so this is what I can come up with. (It's actually trash I know :/ )

I want to thank you all who are reading!! Uh! 18.2K reads? Like what the heck! It's insane so thank you thank you!!

I'm currently yet again going through writers block so I'm sorry for the lack of updates so if y'all hang any requests or ideas on what I should write next, let me know! 

Thank you all! And stay safe!

:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.4K 817 29
𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐓 𝐀𝐅𝐅𝐀𝐈𝐑𝐒 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖼𝗅𝖺𝗇𝖽𝖾𝗌𝗍𝗂𝗇𝖾 𝗆𝖾𝖾𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗌𝗍𝗈𝗅𝖾𝗇 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗋𝖾𝗌... "𝗂𝗍 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝖺 𝗆𝗂𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗄𝖾 𝗍𝗈...
7.7K 321 23
-𝐒𝐏𝐎𝐓𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝑎 𝑟𝑖𝑐𝑘𝑦 𝑏𝑜𝑤𝑒𝑛 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑡ℎ 𝑏𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑜𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑗𝑢𝑙𝑖𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑒 𝑑𝑢𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑚𝑝 𝑠𝑒𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑠 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐟𝐢...
237K 6.9K 25
𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 "𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗺𝗲 𝗮 𝗯𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻 :)" 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗶𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀𝗻'𝘁 ...
84.5K 1.7K 31
A story in which two teens meet through an audition, where they test whether or not their "showmance" is real both on and off stage.