Celebrity Status [1]

By writerbug44

Holly Thorne has a normal life in Minnesota. Normal friends and family and grades. Her personality may be a l... More

1.) First Impressions
2.) Family Reunions
3.) Hollywood Parties
4.) Starstruck Moments
5.) Rude Awakenings
6.) Busy Days
7.) Indoor Camping Trips
8.) Morning talks
9.) Shopping Trips
10.) Good Nights
11.) Movie Dates
12.) Making Up
13.) Friendship Confusions
14.) New Relationships
15.) Fair Days
16.) Girl Time
17.) First Dates
18.) Hormonal Disasters
19.) Movie Premiers
20.) Sibling Dramas
21.) Feeling Better
22.) New Attention
23.) Concluding
23.5) Concluding- Through Kale's Eyes
24.) Confessions
25.) Amusement Parks
26.) Morning Afters
27.) Debating
28.) Forgotten Memories
29.) Little Things
30.) 4th of July
30.5) 4th of July [Part 2]
32.) Birthday Presents
33.) Practicing
34.) Lying
35.) Misunderstandings
36.) Triple Dates
37.) Sob-Fest
38.) Decisions
39.) Goodbyes
40.) Airports
Author's goodbye </3
Help?!
Sequel!

31.) Walk of Shame

263K 5.5K 1.3K
By writerbug44

I woke up slowly, with the heavy breaths of a naked chest under my head. I instantly knew that it was Kale and by the long, deep breaths he was taking, I could tell that he was still asleep. I slowly looked up to see that I was right and he was indeed, still in a deep sleep.

I looked over to his cable box to see the time and saw that it was nine in the morning. I was personally surprised that I was awake so early, especially with the late night last night- if you catch my drift.

I leaned over the bed and grasped his shirt in my hands, sliding it over my head quickly. Once I found a strategy for getting out of the bed without waking up Kale, I was on my feet and I was glad that the shirt covered most of my thighs. I put on my shorts before bundling my dress and swim suit in a ball of fabric in my hands before hurrying towards the door.

Most of the time, I wouldn’t be in such a hurry to leave, but today everything was different. I’d told him about my mom and that was fine with me yesterday, when we were all hyped up for the party but I didn’t have a chance to slow down and realize what I’d actually done. Now that it’s setting in, it was really freaking me out and I just wanted to get out of there fast.

I made it to the door until I cringed at the sound of Kale’s sexy tired voice.

“Holly?” He croaked.

I spun to look at his half-awake adorableness and smiled. “Good morning.”

“Are you leaving?” He mumbled tiredly. Yep, I definitely loved his tired voice.

“Yeah, I, uh, I have to shower.” I lied softly. “Love you.” And then, I was quickly out the door and down the hall. I prayed to myself that he wouldn’t question my odd behavior later as I hurried down the stairs.

“Morning.”

“AHH!” I let out a loud scream when I was passing the couches in the living room and looked over to see a bunch of tired faces sitting around the living room. “You frikkin’ scared me.” I snapped at Ryder who seemed to be the source of sound.

He shrugged and laughed. “You’re the one walking through my living room half naked.” He called back.

“Yeah, way to make it obvious.” Grant smirked at me.

I sighed heavily and rolled my eyes. Usually, I would have made up some stupid, unbelievable excuse as to why I was running out of the house with only Kale’s shirt and very short shorts on. I’d find some way around admitting that I’d had sex last night with Kale. But I didn’t do any of that as I realized that it would just make me look stupid because their mind was set on the truth. I could feel my cheeks rising in heat when I saw that there were a number of people in the living room that I knew. Ryder, Grant, Jackson, Tommy, Andy, and three bimbos, stupidly sitting on the love seat like they were on the moon or something.

“Yeah, I’m going home.” I mumbled, turning towards the living room door.

“You did good last night, Holly.” Tommy called from his place on the couch. "The singing, I mean."

I muttered a thank you before hurrying out of the house. Just as I shut the door, I heard footsteps coming down the stairs faintly. That meant that Kale was coming downstairs, possibly chasing after me. 

I felt really bad about wanting to avoid him, I loved him, but I couldn’t face him with the memory of yesterday. I hurried with my quickest speed walk across the yard and towards Jackson’s house. I made it into the house without hearing the click of Kale’s front door so I hoped that he wasn’t going to come after me. I headed for the stairs and listened to my feet pad along the stairs speedily before landing safely in my room, shutting the door behind me.

I paced back and forth in my room for a few minutes, trying to calm myself down but it wasn’t working in the least. I was still freaking out and my heart was still pounding rapidly in my chest as I replayed the conversation in my mind over and over again in my head.

How could I tell him that? Why would I tell him that?

Well, I’ve told him everything else about me.

But this was something that I’d never told a soul.

But he’s Kale. He’s different.

He’d not that different, nobody should know what happened at the beach that day.

He’ll understand.

He’ll judge me.

Everything will be okay.

Everything is ruined.

“You don’t think you’d actually get away with that, did you?” Kale’s voice piped behind me.

I swung around with a loud squeal to see him standing in the door way with a worried smile on his face.

“Oh, hey.” I chirped nervously. “Shower, I have to do that.” I mumbled quickly, turning my back to him again and hurrying for the bathroom door. I’m pretty sure I could feel my heart pounding in my chest, I was surprised it hadn’t burst yet.

“Are you mad at me?” He asked, coming into the room more.

“No.” I said quickly. “I’m not mad.”

“Well, did I do something wrong?” He asked, taking a few more steps closer but I was unable to move from my spot in the bathroom doorway. I didn’t turn to face him, but it was sickening to hear the guilt drenching his beautiful voice.

“Kale, no.” I told him still refusing to face him. “Nothing’s wrong, honest. I just need to shower.”

“Babe, then what’s wrong? If it’s not something I did, it’s something and you can’t say there’s nothing wrong with you right now. Last night you were fine. You were way more than fine.” I blushed when I could easily sense his double meaning and I could practically hear the smirk on his cute face. “And now you’re avoiding me and it’s kind of freaking me out.”

I let out a small sigh, hating how easily he could break me down. I hated that. “My mom.” I breathed softly.

“What?” He asked, stepping closer to me and I felt his presence right behind me but he made no move to put his hands on me.

“I told you about my mom.” I said, just a little bit louder and my heart pounded faster and louder.

“Yeah…” He said, not really knowing what to say, because let’s face it- I sounded like a crazy person.

“I’ve never told anyone about that!” I nearly screamed, spinning around to face him with tears brimming my eyes but not actually falling- I couldn’t let them fall. “Nobody.”

“Hey.” He said softly, pulling me into a hug. The last of my defense was drained and I melted into his warm arms as I rested my head in the crook of his shoulder, taking deep calming breaths. “It’s okay. You know I’m here for you. If you don’t want me to talk about it, I won’t but I’ll be here for you when you do, okay?”

“Really?” I asked in more of a squeak but it was muffled by the skin of his shoulder.

“Of course.” He said, rubbing his hands up and down my back soothingly.

My nerves and bad mood had instantly vanished, giving me time to realize something. “You’re shirtless.”

He chuckled and pulled me closer to him so that my belly was pressed against his heart-melting abs. “You’re just noticing that?”

I just nodded into the crook of his neck and chose this time to enlighten the mood a little bit more. I opened my mouth and sank my teeth into his tanned skin, causing the expected reaction. His body tensed up and he let out the world’s most attractive moan/gasp noise.

“I really wish you never found out about that.” He muttered under his breath.

I giggled and released my grip on his skin. “You know you love it.” I replied in a husky voice.

“Too much.” He admitted.

Again, I giggled. “So what do you want to do now?”

He smirked and leaned down so that his lips were dancing around my ear. “How about that shower?” He asked, matching my husky tone as his hands ran up his shirt that I was wearing and rested on my bare waist.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“A triple date?”

“Yep.”

“With who?”

“Andy and Tommy, Elle and Isaac, and me and my boyfriend.”

“You’re too young to have a boyfriend, HollyBear.”

I let out an aggravated sigh and clenched the phone to my ear tighter. “I’m not, Daddy.”

“You’re only seventeen!”

I rolled my eyes and prepared myself for the same speech he’d given me every time I’d called him since I told him about me and Kale. “Jackson had his first girlfriend when he was fourteen and you were just fine with that.”

“Jackson can handle something like this, Holly. You can’t, you’re not ready.”

“Kale is great, Dad.” I snapped. “He’s amazing, really and I- I really like him.” I cleverly stopped myself from saying love because if I said love, he would have lost all control and probably made me come home right then to join a convent.

“And what about when you have to come home at the end of August? What then?” He snapped back angrily.

“We’ll figure it out.” I insisted, even though we haven’t really talked about that yet, but my plan was just to postpone talking about that until Kale brought it up.

“You’re just too young, Holly.” He growled.

I felt a sickening feeling in my stomach, I hated fighting with my dad, but he wasn’t really giving Kale a chance and that made me really mad for some reason. “I am not!” I shrieked.

“You know what I always say, Holly.” He began. “This is teenage love and you’re getting your hopes up. This isn’t going to end well for you, or for that poor boy because love never ends well. You don’t love that boy like you think you do, you’re just caught up in the moment. Now, listen to me before it’s too late, Holly Thorne. Boys are just trouble and he’s going to break your heart because you’re not that strong in this sense. This won’t work out.”

“A few days ago, Jackson had the Fourth of July party at his house.” I started angrily. “And there were so many people there, most of them were incredibly famous but when it was nine o’clock, I stepped onto the stage and I sang, Daddy. I sang! In front of more than just my stupid pillow. In front of people, real people. I didn’t throw up or pass out, either. “

“That’s amazing, darling, but what does that have to do with-“

“Kale is the only reason I had the strength to fight that fear so now tell me that we don’t belong. Tell me that he’s not good for me.” I snapped.

“You don’t know what you’re getting into.” He grumbled.

“Kale! Is not! Mom!” I screeched into the phone before pushing the end button and flinging my phone onto my bed before angrily stomping out of my bedroom and up the stairs to the game room. Hot, angry tears were pouring down my face as I swung open the door to find Ryder, Tommy, and Jackson sitting on the long couch, fighting to the death in the new Halo game.

When they heard the door open, all three looked over to see me and then quickly turned their attention back towards the game.

“Crying girl.” Tommy mumbled while changing his gun choice.

“I’m not crying.” I nearly growled.

“Sorry, very angry girl.” He corrected himself.

“That’s Jackson’s problem.” Ryder filled in. He’s lucky that I’m me, because if I wasn’t Holly, then I probably would have been offended by that.

Jackson sighed and committed suicide before sitting down his controller and standing up, walking towards me.

“What’s up?” He asked.

“Can you talk to Dad?” I asked with a pleading look on his face.

“Talk to Dad? What for?” He asked before recognition took over his features. “He’s fighting you about Kale again, isn’t he?”

I just nodded. “Just, try and get through to him.”

“You know why he has issues with you dating, Holly. I can’t just talk him out of thinking that way and you know it.”

“He doesn’t have issues with you dating or hooking up or whatever you want to call it.” I mumbled, very much annoyed.

“Because he thinks that if something happened to a girl that I liked, I could handle it. But he doesn’t think that you can.” He reasoned.

I grumbled a few choice words as I turned to walk out of the room.

“Where are you going?” Jackson asked behind me.

“I’m going to go be angry alone. Punch a wall or rip the head off of something but I am not going to stay in here while you defend him.” I snapped.

“I’m not defending him.” Jackson called as I walked out of the room. “You’re both just so close- minded. And when I talk to him, I tell him the same thing, but I’m not going to keep playing the middle man in your Kale-fights. If you want to figure things out with Dad, then talk to him.”

“I try!” I defended. “He won’t listen.”

“And neither will you.” He countered.

“Speaking of Kale, where is that bastard?” Tommy asked, not taking his eyes off of the screen.

“Isaac’s.” I said with a long sigh. “I’m just going to go.”

“Holly-“ Jackson tried to reason with me once more but like he said, I’m ‘close minded’.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” I interrupted him and hurried down the hallway and down the stairs for my room before I could erupt on my brother. He didn’t deserve to deal with my anger because some of what he said was true. He shouldn’t have to be playing the middle man and he shouldn’t have to take a side, this is mine and my dad’s battle, not his. Once I got to my room, I almost felt bad for taking everything out on Jackson, but I was mad.

These past few days have been stressful with my dad, honestly. After the Fourth of July party, I hung out a lot with Kale, like I normally did. But on the fifth, my phone rang and, thinking that it was Libby, Kale answered. My dad almost had a conniption at the fact that a boy was answering my phone and he screamed at me how Kale is just going to leave. But I know that’s not true.

Kale would never hurt me.

________________________________

Once more, the R rated scene is posted on my other account (WriterbugSecrets), which I will post in the external link :P

Vote- Comment- Fan <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

666K 23.8K 69
COMPLETED! REACHED No. 1 in Teen Fiction's WHAT'S HOT LIST ON 28TH NOVEMBER! AND #2 IN TEEN FICTION (highest yet) on 20th may, 2016. *** "Damn it Ha...
700K 22.7K 33
Olivia Mikelson has had a crush on her brothers best friend, Logan James, since she was seventeen but one drunken night ruins any chance she had of h...
16.9K 268 61
When Haley finds out she is adopted, things go downhill. Untill she finds out her brother happens to be her idol. Haley will do whatever it takes t...
2M 78.4K 49
Unlike everyone else, Ellie Anderson thought she had it easy in high school. Except for the first year. It sucks for everyone. But her reason was tot...