๐‘ฏ๐’๐’“๐’๐’” ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐‘บ๐’˜๐’๐’“๐’…๏ฟฝ...

By FandomQueen696

"๐‘ป๐’‰๐’†๐’š ๐’”๐’•๐’๐’๐’… ๐’˜๐’‰๐’†๐’“๐’† ๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’š ๐’”๐’•๐’๐’๐’… ๐’ƒ๐’š ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’‘๐’๐’˜๐’†๐’“ ๐’๐’‡ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’”๐’˜๐’๐’“๐’…" "Thread ca... More

๐‘ฏ๐’๐’“๐’๐’” ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐‘บ๐’˜๐’๐’“๐’…๐’”
๐‘ช๐’‚๐’”๐’•
๐‘จ๐’†๐’”๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’•๐’Š๐’„
๐‘ท๐’๐’‚๐’š๐’๐’Š๐’”๐’•
๐‘ฌ๐’‘๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’“๐’‚๐’‘๐’‰
๐‘จ๐’„๐’• ๐‘ฐ.
๐‘ท๐’“๐’๐’๐’๐’ˆ๐’–๐’†
๐‘ถ๐’๐’†.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’.
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’“๐’†๐’†.
๐‘ญ๐’๐’–๐’“.
๐‘ญ๐’Š๐’—๐’†.
๐‘บ๐’Š๐’™.
๐‘บ๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’.
๐‘ฌ๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’•.
๐‘ต๐’Š๐’๐’†.
๐‘ป๐’†๐’.
๐‘ฌ๐’๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’—๐’†.
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’Š๐’“๐’•๐’†๐’†๐’
๐‘ญ๐’๐’–๐’“๐’•๐’†๐’†๐’.
๐‘บ๐’Š๐’™๐’•๐’†๐’†๐’.
๐‘บ๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’๐’•๐’†๐’†๐’.
๐‘จ๐’„๐’• ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฐ.
๐‘ฌ๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’•๐’†๐’†๐’.
๐‘ต๐’Š๐’๐’†๐’•๐’†๐’†๐’.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐‘ถ๐’๐’†.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐‘ป๐’˜๐’.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐‘ป๐’‰๐’“๐’†๐’†.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐‘ญ๐’๐’–๐’“.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐‘ญ๐’Š๐’—๐’†.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐‘บ๐’Š๐’™.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐‘บ๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐‘ฌ๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’•.
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐‘ต๐’Š๐’๐’†.
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’Š๐’“๐’•๐’š.
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’Š๐’“๐’•๐’š ๐‘ถ๐’๐’†.
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’Š๐’“๐’•๐’š ๐‘ป๐’˜๐’.
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’Š๐’“๐’•๐’š ๐‘ป๐’‰๐’“๐’†๐’†.
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’Š๐’“๐’•๐’š ๐‘ญ๐’๐’–๐’“.
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’Š๐’“๐’•๐’š ๐‘ญ๐’Š๐’—๐’†.
Authors Note

๐‘ญ๐’Š๐’‡๐’•๐’†๐’†๐’.

14.2K 610 385
By FandomQueen696

I 015. I

𝑯𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑺𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔

❝ i promised ❞

     THE FIELDS OF ASPHODEL WAS SOMEWHERE SHE NEVER WANTED TO GO WHEN SHE DIED. Period. It was a forked full of souls standing around for eternity. They whispered softly, lips moving like a butterflies wings fluttering in the wind. But no sound escaped them, speaking in the language of the dead, one she was glad she couldn't hear.

Above them, rocks hung from the ceiling. Sharp and pointed, ready to fall down and impale anyone who walked under them like they were doing right now.

Black grass was walked along, trampled over the thousands of pairs of feet which walked in circles, heading no where. It was a miserable eternity, and if it was her, she would try her chance at judgement, and hopefully, she lived a good life.

Ariadne, Percy, Annabeth and Grover moved along the crowds. Some spirits walked up to chat, but once they realized they couldn't hear or understand, they stomped away.

Their faces were mostly angry and confused, which was exactly the name for Ariadne and Percy as a pair. But never mind that.

But their faces were similar to every other, shimmering as they passed by. They were all sad and that made her sad.

New arrivals snaked along the ground in a long line, heading toward a black tent. A banner hung onto it:

JUDGEMENTS FOR ELYSIUM AND ETERNAL DAMNATION
Welcome, Newly Deceased!

Two lines split after the tent, one leading to the Fields of Punishment, which had smoke wafting from it. Lava rivers and minefields with barb wire separating the different torture methods. She could see Sisyphus pushing a boulder up a hill, struggling to do so.

People were burned at the stake, game for Hellhounds to chase and hunt. Forced to run naked through cactuses or even listening to opera. And some, she couldn't watch for more than a second.

The lines to the right led to Elysium. It was beautiful. With neighborhoods from different time-periods stretching far and wide, Roman villas and Medieval castles, Georgians and Victorian mansions. Flowers bloomed along the sides of the homes, silver and golden colored. It had the inviting smell of barbecues and joyous laughter ringing through the air.

In the middle lay a lake with three separate islands, looking like a resort. The Isles or Blessed was where heroes could choose to after being reborn three times and achieving Elysium all three in their afterlives.

Percy gave a longing look towards it, which the girl nudged him. "That's What it's all about, Percy. That's the place for heroes. And that's where I want to go."

He gave her a glance, "Do you think I will?"

"I'm not a child of Apollo, so I can't predict anything. But I have hope. Hope that I do something good in my life and I don't waste it."

"I don't think you will," he told her. "This quest is bound to be something good."

She nodded at him, blushing slightly. "Thanks."

They passed through the judgement tent, moving farther into Asphodel. Color faded from their clothes, even her eyes were dimmer than they usually were.

A familiar screech filled the air once they walked a few miles more, and they saw the shadows of three bat like creatures hovering over a black obsidian palace, which glittered despite no light being let into the Underworld.

Grover looked pale, "I supposed it's too late to turn back?"

"We'll be okay," Percy tried convincing them, but he was also trying to convince himself.

"Maybe we should search some of the other places first," Grover said wistfully. "Like, Elysium, for instance..."

Annabeth grabbed his arm, pulling him forwards. "Come on, goat boy."

His shoes sprouted it's wings from the sides, pulling him away as his legs shot onwards. He slammed into the grass on his back.

"Grover," Annabeth scolded. "Stop messing around."

"But I didn't—"

He yelped as he was dragged away, levitating above the ground. "Maia! Maia, already! 911! Help!" He called out.

Percy made an attempt at grabbing his hand but he was already going downhill.

Ariadne ran after him with her friends, gaining speed. "Untie the shoes!" She yelled for him, "Kick them off!"

Grover had them tied too tight, so they wouldn't slip off like she thought. He tried sitting up but his body was moving to fast for him to properly untie his shoes.

He skidded along the ground, trying to stop himself with no such luck. Spirits whispered things in annoyance, but they obviously couldn't hear.

The shoes took him in the opposite direction of the palace Hades was most likely in. He was going down a sleeper slope while the three ran after him.

It had led them into a tunnel, no fauna and only rocks. "Grover!" Percy yelled out, "Hold onto something!"

"What?" He called back.

His hands clawed at the walls and ground, trying to hook onto something to slow himself down, but he couldn't.

As they continued down the tunnel it grew colder, and a chill ran over their bodies. She shivered at the smell and feeling, her nose picking up the hint of evil and darkness. Her body let goosebumps ride along her skin, feeling terror as she followed Grover.

But once she saw where they were, her body almost seized up completely.

Tartarus. Her Satyr friend edging closer and closer towards the she of the dark pit, where he would fall forever.

Annabeth grabbed onto her and Percy's wrists, "Come on, guys!"

Percy gave her a wide eyed look, "But that's—"

"I know!" She shouted behind her, "The place you described in your dream! But Grover's going to fall if we don't catch him."

Ariadne shook out of her trance, but fear settled in her bones. Of course, that's why Annabeth was so pale when Percy had told her about his dream, she knew exactly who's voice was in their minds. That taunting voice which was trying to persuade her into joining his army, and she realized that Percy hadn't said the last lines of the quest, and she wanted to know what exactly those were.

Grover screamed as his shoes dragged him towards open ground, nails clawing at the ground. But his hooves saved him in time.

Although the shoes were laced tightly, his hooves prevented them from being as tight as they would if Percy was wearing them.

He hit a large rock and one of the shoes went flying off his hoof, falling into the pit, wings still flapping. The right one was still pulling him but not as successfully as it would have been if the left shoes was still in, so Grover was able to hold onto a rock.

Ariadne caught up to him quickly, starting to pull him back up the slope. The right shoe tugged but her strength was fighting with it, and when Percy and Annabeth finally joined, they overpowered the winged item.

The shoe shot off of the Satyr's hoof, circling their heads and sending a swift kick to each. It flew off into the chasm to join its other pair.

Grover fell down onto the gravel, his friends following. His hands were covered in blood because of the scratches on them, eyes dilated due to terror.

"I didn't know how..." he gasped. "I didn't..."

Percy stopped him, "Wait. Listen."

She eyed the chasm, listening in closely to hear whatever Percy was hearing. "Perc," she said softly, "we have to go. This place isn't—"

"Shh," he told her before standing up.

And that was when her ears picked it up. The muttering under someone's breath, quiet yet loud somehow. It was evil, she knew that for sure. She stopped breathing slightly.

Grover perked up, "Wh-what's that noise?"

"Tartarus," Annabeth whispered. "The entrance to Tartarus."

Percy uncapped Riptide, to which the voice hesitated before continuing. And only when Ariadne twisted Lunacy, did it fully halt. Like it was scared of their blades together.

It slowly kept going, whispering in a language that she didn't know. But as she listened closer, it wasn't English not Greek, something older. Ancient, even. Sort of like...

"Magic," she whispered.

Annabeth looked over the brunette girl and raven haired boy, "Come on. We have to get out of here."

When they brought Grover back to a standing position on his hooves, and started up the slope, her legs weighed down. Moving slower and slower as it became harder to pull them up and forward. Her body was sinking to the ground, and they all started to break into a run.

The pit blew a cool air onto their backs, pulling them closer to it. Like it was taking a long and large breath in. Percy was struggling to move, and his feet was giving way under him. So for one second, his body relaxed, and that was all it took.

He was being pulled towards the chasm, almost falling for eternity until Ariadne stabbed Lunacy into the ground, cracks running in the ground around it. Her hand clasped itself tightly onto his arm, his doing the same.

Percy stared up at her eyes, scared for what was to happen next. But it was as if seeing him like that made her stronger, and she hailed him up with difficulty.

They pulled through and out of the tunnel, back into the Fields of Asphodel. A wail echoed off the walls of the cavern, reaching their ears as it sent a shrill pain down her spine.

Her hand interlocked with Percy's, who was also looking back over his shoulder. And the girl fought the urge to scream out and cry, fighting the need to hold onto Percy with all her might as they both held their swords.

"What was that?" Grover panted out after they crumbled under a tree, "Another one of Hades's pets?"

Ariadne, Percy and Annabeth shared a long look. They all wished that was the case. But she knew whatever was pulling them in, was more dangerous than anything Hades could control. She couldn't voice her thoughts, even if she wanted too. It's name was on the tip of her tongue, somehow not getting caught in her throat. But the name— it haunted her, and for a reason.

Percy was the first to stand, calling his sword and placing the pen back into his pocket. "Let's keep going." He turned to Grover, "Can you walk?"

"Yeah," the Satyr nodded, "sure. I never liked those shoes anyway." He trembled like the rest of them. All shaken from what had occurred, and she wanted to go home, back to camp. What was in there was ancient and dangerous, incredibly dangerous.

Ariadne still held onto Percy's hand, who didn't complain as he held hers. Annabeth and Grover leaned against each other, walking forward and kept walking as the brunette pulled the boy back.

Percy frowned at her, seeing her purple eyes full of distress and terror. She gulped, "Tell me the last lines of the Prophecy."

"I-I told you everything."

She sighed, "Don't bullshit me, Percy." His full name felt foreign in her mouth, both frowning when she said it. Her usual go to was either Kelp Head or Perc, and his full name was not one of those. "I need to know."

"I won't succeed. There."

"Tell me."

His eyes cast down before his lips spoke softly, worry in his voice. "You shall go west and face the god who turned. You shall find what was stolen, and see it safely returned. You shall be betrayed by one who calls you a friend. And you shall fail to save what matters most in the end."

The girl frowned harder at the lines. Her head moving quickly trying to decipher them, but she was no child of Athena or Apollo.

Her hand lifted his head up, eyes connecting with hers. She let her thumb run over his cheek softly, "Prophecies have double meanings. And I'm going to keep my promise to you, Percy. We will save your mother, I promise you."

Percy gave her a soft smile, but she wasn't finished. "And I don't break my promises."

That was the cold hard truth. Because she may always be angry, and yes, her pride may get in the way sometimes. But when it comes down to it, her need to protect her friends and honor their loyalty towards was her biggest flaw.

And if it came down to it, if she really needed too. She would jump into Tartarus for her friends, even if it meant an eternity of falling into a Titan's hands.

***

ARIADNE TOOK OUT THE LAST SOLDIER GUARDING THE THRONE ROOM ENTRANCE. Her face was the first Haded saw while he sat upon his dark throne. Sword in hand as a ferocious glare was set on him, he leaned up from his slouched position, watching her with interest.

Percy was the second face he saw. Sea-green eyes reminding him so much of his brother that he made the mistake of thinking it was him. Only to realize it was in fact his son. Riptide was clasped in his palm, the boy standing next to the Dionysus girl.

Annabeth came after. Grey eyes boring into his as a knife was set in her hand. She may not be gifted with powers, but her mother's gift of battle strategy was bestowed upon her, and that's what made her dangerous.

And lastly, was Grover. The Satyr tried standing tall and confident along with his friends but the fear was there. But he persevered, never backing down when he could very well do so.

Hades was the same as always. Dark and brooding with his pale skin and black eyes, circles under them. His clothes were black, expected. But within them, woven between each piece of thread was a soul, crying out for mercy and help from being stuck inside the black cloth.

Atop his head laid a gold crown, glinting in the dim fire light. He was tall, nine feet exactly. And he didn't need the brawn and brute look that Ares so desperately needed to become dangerous looking, he had his own. Just a single glance could make any mortal or demigod tremble from their head to their toes, and a glare could make them combust into ashes.

The god sat upon a throne of bones, but there were shadows misting between them, acting as a glue. His fingers tapped against the armrest, a sound that echoed off the walls and hung through the air. It felt as if a sword was hanging over their heads, ready to chop them clean off.

Hades had an aura around him that reminded her of the worst kinds of people in history. Hitler, Nero, Napoleon. And the stories she had heard of the Devil was nothing compared to what she was seeing now. His energy was giving off a smell, of blood and dirt.

"You are brave to come here, Son of Poseidon," he spoke in a voice that reminded her of a hand gliding through oil infested waters. "After what you have done me, very brave indeed. Or, perhaps you are simply very foolish."

Percy stopped past Ariadne, who still kept her sword up. "Lord and Uncle, I come with two requests."

The god sat forward, arching an eyebrow as he did so. His robes rippled and ran down his body like a waterfall, souls screaming out. She wondered how one could end up there, what had they done to be sewn onto Hades's clothing?

"Only two requests?" He repeated, "Arrogant child. As if you have not already taken enough. Speak, then. It amuses me not to strike you dead yet."

Her eyes drifted towards the smaller throne next to his, where queen Persephone would usually sit. But alas, she was above ground, enjoying the summer with her mother Demeter. Maybe she could have calmed the god, just maybe they could have some luck.

Annabeth cleared her throat lightly, poking Percy in the back. He gulped down the knot in his throat, "Lord Hades. Look, sir, there can't be a war among the gods. It would be... bad."

"Really bad," Grover mentioned, attempting to help him.

Percy continued, "Return Zeus's lightning bolt to me. Please, sir. Let me carry it to Olympus."

Hades almost looked ready to kill them there, for his eyes flashed with a bright light. "You dare keep up this pretense, after what you have done?"

The boy glanced over at them, Ariadne shrugging slightly. "Um... Uncle. You keep saying 'after what I've done.' What exactly have I done?"

The room shook with a strong force, possibly causing disturbance in Los Angeles. Rocks fell down, dropping to the ground with a thud. Skeleton warriors burst through the doors on the walls, all from different periods in time.

Her sword was raised higher, ready to let it clash through bones and weapons of it had to.

"Do you think I want a war, godling?" Hades yelled out.

"You are the Lord of the Dead," Percy hesitated. "A war would expand your kingdom, right?"

He scoffed, "A typical thing for my brothers to say! Do you think I need more subjects? Did you not see the sprawl of Asphodel?"

"Well..."

"Have you any idea how much my kingdom had swollen this past century alone, how many subdivisions I've had to open?" Hades ranted, "More security ghouls, traffic problems at the judgement pavilion. Double overtime for the staff. I used to be a rich god, Percy Jackson. I control all the precious metals under the earth. But my expenses!" He moaned.

Percy couldn't keep his mouth shut. "Charon wants a pay raise."

That seemed to anger the god even more, "Don't get me started on Charon!" He cried out, a fist raided in the air. "He's been impossible ever since he discovered Italian suits! Problems everywhere, and I've got to handle all of them personally. The commute time alone from the palace to the gates is enough to drive me insane! And the dead just key arriving. No, godling. I need no help getting subjects! I did not ask for this war."

Ariadne wished she could talk for Percy sometimes, and to sew his mouth together. "But you took Zeus's master bolt.@

The room tumbled even more, "Lies!" Hades rose from his throne, and becoming even more dangerous with his height. "Your father may fool, Zeus, boy, but I am not stupid. I see his plan."

"His plan?" Percy asked, genuinely confused.

Hades pointed at him, "You were the thief on the winter solstice. Your father thought to keep you his little secret. He directed you into the throne room on Olympus. You took the master bolt and my helmet. Had I not sent my Fury to discover you at Yancy Academy, Poseidon may have succeed in hiding his scheme to start a war. But now you have been forced into the open. You will be exposed as Poseidon's thief, and I will have my helmet back!"

Annabeth's brain was working a mile a minute, "But... Lord Haded, your helmet of darkness is missing, too?"

"Do big play innocent with me, girl." He growled, "You and the Satyr and the daughter of vines have been helping this here— coming here to threaten me in Poseidon's name, no doubt— to bring me an ultimatum. Does Poseidon think I can be blackmailed into supporting him?"

Percy jumped, "No! Poseidon didn't— I didn't—"

"I have said nothing of the helmets disappearance, because I had no illusions that anyone in Olympus would offer me the slightest justice, the slightest help. I can ill afford for word to egg out that my most powerful weapon of fear is missing. So I searched for you myself, and when it was clear you were coming to me to deliver your threat, I did not try to stop you."

"You didn't try to stop us? But—"

Hades gave them a proposal, "Return my helmet Bosc or I will stop death. That is my counter-proposal. I will open the earth and have the dead pour into the world. I will make your lands a nightmare. And you, Percy Jackson— your skeleton will lead my army out of Hades."

The warriors marched forward, weapons drawn. Ariadne let her glare settle on a British soldier who bought his bayonet closer to her, pointing it directly at her head.

Percy was filled with rage, "You're as bad as Zeus! You think I stole from you? That's why you sent the Furies after me?"

"Of course," Hades told him.

"And the other monsters?"

Hades looked bored, "I had nothing to do with them. I wanted no quick death for you— I wanted you brought before me alive so you might face every torture in the Fields of Punishment. Why do you think I let you enter my kingdom so easily?"

"Easily!" Percy cried out.

"Return my property!"

"But I don't have your helmet. I came for the master bolt."

"Which you already possess!" Hades argued, "You can't here with it, little fool, thinking you could threaten me!"

Percy opened his mouth once again, "But I didn't!"

"Open your pack, then."

Percy opened the backpack on his shoulder, unzipping the blue material. He pulled out a metal cylinder, electricity coursing through it."

Grover's mouth dropped open, "Percy... how—"

"I-I don't know. I don't understand."

Hades shook his head, "You heroes are always the same. Your pride makes you foolish, thinking you could bring such a weapon before me. I did not ask for Zeus's master bolt, but since it is here, you will yield it to me. I am sure it will make an excellent bargaining tool. And now... my helmet. Where is it?"

Ariadne's rage burst. She shook slightly, they had been played. They didn't know how the bolt ended up with them, or where Hades's helmet was. But she realized, it had appeared in the pack, the pack given by Ares.

That sly, bastard.

"Lord Hades!" She shouted, stepping past Percy as she stalked forward. The warriors tried pushing her back but Hades allowed her to inch forward. "There's been a mistake."

"Mistake?" His voice roared.

The girl didn't back down, "Yes. We didn't take the bolt or your helm, Percy couldn't have. None of us could have."

Hades glowered, "Just because Aphrodite and Persephone pleaded for me to let you live after the Chimera venom, doesn't mean I won't strike you down."

She ignored when he mentioned the two goddesses, but her friends didn't.

"Do it." She dared him, "Smite me down. And you'll be the fool once you realize we didn't do this, we don't want this war, did you ever think that?"

"There is no mistake," he spoke. The Furies swiped their leather wings close to her face as they sat on his throne. "I know why you have come— I know the real reason you brought the bolt. You acne to bargain for her."

A ball of fire, sparking gold flew from his palm. Ariadne backed away, covering her face to not be burned by the fire. And on the steps before Percy stood a women.

She had brown hair glowing down her chest, and the striking ears and chin that she had seen on Percy.

The boy's knees shook, lip quivering as he looked at her. He reached his hand out, fingers shaking. But he pulled it away because of the burning heat radiating off the fire.

Hades had a look of smug satisfaction in his eyes, and she was disgusted. "Yes. I took her. I knew, Percy Jackson, that you would come to bargain with me eventually. Return the helmet, and perhaps I will let her go. She is not dead, you know. Not yet. But if you displease me, that will change."

Percy gasped a short breath, frustrated tears appearing in his eyes. His hand scooped the pearls from his pocket, "Ah, the pearls. "Hades smirked, "Yes, my brother and his little tricks. Bring them forth, Percy Jackson."

He held them out in his palm, "Only four? What a shame. You do realize each only protects a single person. Try to take your mother, then, little godling. And which of your friends will you leave behind to spend eternity with me? Go on. Choose. Or give me the backpack and accept my terms."

Percy looked at his three companions, a grin expression upon his face while a tear rolled down his cheek. "We were tricked." He told them, "Set up."

"Yes," Annabeth said, "but why? And the voice in the pit—"

"I don't know yet. But I intend to ask."

"Decide, boy!" Hades shouted, the walls shaking.

Grover places a hand on his shoulder, "Percy. You can't give him the bolt."

"I know that."

"Leave me here," the Satyr said. "Use the fourth pearl on your mom."

"No!"

"I'm a Satyr. We don't have souls like humans do. He can torture me until I die, but he won't get me forever. I'll just be reincarnated as a flower or something. It's the best way."

Annabeth unsheathed her dagger, "No. you three go. Grover, you have to protect Percy. You have to get your searcher's license and start your quest for Pan. Ariadne, protect him as well. Find out what your dreams mean. Get his mom out of here. I'll cover for you. I plan to go down fighting."

"Hell if you think I'm letting you all stay here." Ariadne shook her head, "I was meant to protect you all, I promised myself I would. And that's what I plan to do." She looked at the blonde, "Go become the greatest architect in history for me, and, Grover," she looked towards him next. "Find Pan. And once you get back to camp, can you have my father plant a grape vine next to Thalia's tree?"

"No way," Grover told her. "I'm staying behind."

"Not a chance. It's me, I'm staying."

"Nope. Not today Grove, Annie."

Percy was fed up with their arguing. He would leave them, especially her. He couldn't leave his friends, and he definitely couldn't let Ariadne be tortured by Hades for eternity just so he could have his mom back.

"Stop it, all of you!" Percy shouted at them. "I know what to do, take these."

Ariadne frowned, "Perc..."

The boy looked to his mother, biting his lip before hesitating. And she knew that look, that look. The one he always wore once he made up his mind. But the last line of the Prophecy ran through his head: You shall fail to save what matters most in the end.

She shook her head, "No. Perc, I promised you." He gave her a glare to shut up. A glare of desperation and pain.

"I'll be back," he told his mom. "I'll find a way."

Hades lost his smirk, "Godling...?"

"I'll find your helmet, Uncle. I'll return it. Remember about Charon's pay raise."

"Do not defy me—"

The boy gave a defiant look full of tears, "And it wouldn't hurt to play with Cerberus once in a while. He likes red rubber balls."

"Percy Jackson," Hades spoke dangerously, "you will not—"

"Now, guys!" Percy shouted at them.

They all smashed the pearls before their feet, and at first, they didn't do anything.

"Destroy them!" Hades yelled at his warriors.

The skeletons advanced and fired but just as they did, green light exploded and invade them in a milky white sphere. She could smell the salty sea as the bubbles floated them off the ground. All weapons bounded off the shield as they became closer to the ceiling.

Ariadne yelped once they came in contact with it, until she watched the sphere float through it and out of miles of rock, clay and dirt before popping at the surface of the Los Angeles bay. 

She gasped once the water soaked her clothes, and since she couldn't swim, her arms licked around Percy's neck. He held her waist while Grover and Annabeth floated, gasping in the water. The girl was freaking out once they bumped into a surfer who shouted at them, "Dude!"

Her body almost went underwater again but Percy held her tighter, knowing she couldn't swim like the rest of them. He pulled them towards a buoy in the water as a Great White Shark circles around them.

The girl's eyes were wide at the ocean predator, hating that she was defenseless and week. Her sword was back into the shape of her ring, placed onto her finger.

But once the animal looked towards Percy, it bolted off, swimming away. The surfer fired out before paddling back to shore, screaming something he didn't focus on.

Ariadne still held onto Percy, not trusting anyone but him in the water. She gulped while the waves pushed them, "I promised." She whispered, a sad look in her eyes.

Percy's eyes were soft and sad while they gazed at her, "I would never leave you guys." He shook his head, his arm tightening around her waist.

Los Angeles had smoke rising from it, no doubt Hades causing a few earthquakes, or maybe, that was Poseidon. But the looming reality that an army of dead would storm the streets was there, as well as their main concerns; getting to shore and returning Zeus's master bolt.

But first, they needed to chat with Ares. And Ariadne was not going to be civil either.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

944K 55K 115
in which an orphan learns she isn't really an orphan, and naomi must face the fact that she's descended from gods she never thought existed, and the...
30.6K 826 42
โ˜… [COMPLETED] ๐ข๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก Cassiopeia Bradbury was like tea in a cup, sweet, pretty to look at and changing in flavour for one's taste, but when y...
30.3K 1.3K 32
๐ŸŒท "We're Greek, Percy. We're all born with tragedy in our blood." The only thing Daphne could ever be sure of was that she was not meant to be ali...
56.3K 1.5K 17
ON HIATUS TILL FURTHER NOTICE !! ๐’๐Ž๐”๐‘! โ”โ”โ”โ” ๐ข ๐๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ค ๐ข'๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ž๐ญ ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ฌ๐จ ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ, โ i'm selfish, i know, i can't...