Secret Elite | ✔| writing a...

By _elissee

BOOK ONE OF THE ELITE SERIES. After being expelled for the third time, this time for breaking a misogynistic... More

preface
aesthetics
playlist
i.
ii.
iii.
iv.
v.
vi.
vii.
viii.
ix.
x.
xi.
xii.
xiii.
xiii.
xiv.
xv.
xvi.
xvii.
xviii.
xix
xx.
xxi.
xxii.
xxiii.
xxiv.
xxvi.
xxvii.
xxviii.
xxix.
xxx.
xxxi.
xxxii.
xxxiii.
xxxiv.
xxxv.
xxxvi.
xxxvii.
xxxviii.
xxxix.
xl.
xli.
xlii.
xliii.
tweets

xxv.

78.1K 2.8K 2K
By _elissee

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE.

adrianna saint laurent
perspective

-

"ANNIE, YOUR LIP is bleeding," Kota frowns, pointing to my bottom lip which was slightly bleeding.

"Ah, shit," I hiss and move my thumb over it before licking my lip. I blamed Elijah for this, it was all due to him being a rough kisser which had resulted in him having no mercy on my lips.

And I reciprocated the same energy back to him.

"This is all because I bite my lip too much," I sigh, leaning back on the chair as I look around the class.

There were a few people in the classroom since it was an open room occupied by those students who didn't have any lessons and we were one of them.

"Ah, it stopped bleeding," Kota smiles and I nod since I was pressing my bottom lip against my teeth.

"You two were chatting here the whole time while I was searching for all of you," I look up to see Nico taking a seat next to Kota.

"You could have texted us and asked us where we were," I snort, "That's one of the uses of a phone. You're such a boomer."

Nico gives me a blank stare and points to Kota, "This guy took my phone to play games since his phone was dead."

"Oh, about that..." Kota sheepishly grins as he digs his hand into his pocket.

"Your phone is dead too," he awkwardly laughs as he hands Nico back his phone.

"I'm never giving you my phone ever again," Nico scoffs as he takes his phone back and puts it in his pocket.

"You said that yesterday too, Nico, but you gave it to him without caring anyway," I chuckle, teasingly smiling at Nico as he narrows his eyes at me before looking away from my gaze.

"You're too nice to him," I hum, looking in between the two.

"He always has been, Annie," Kota lets out a laugh, "That's why I'm the closest to him compared to the other boys."

Kota wraps his arm around Nico's shoulders, bringing him closer to him as he laughs, looking into Nico's eyes. He looks into Kota's eyes before looking away, ignoring his sunny smile while I grin at the two of them.

"Here they are!" His loud voice was enough to make us turn our heads and look at the door.

Theo walks in with a bright grin, his sapphire eyes never leaving us as he walks towards us. Behind him was Elijah, walking towards us with his usual scowl.

Elijah's eyes meet mine as they walk towards us. Theo pulls out the chair next to mine but before he could take a seat, Elijah pushes him off to the chair next to Nico.

"Dude, what the fuck?" Theo groans, rolling his eyes at Elijah, sending him a mini glare before his eyes land on me.

"Could've just said that you wanted to sit next to your girl," Theo mutters, scoffing at him as he takes a seat next to Nico.

Elijah looks at me from the corner of his eyes as he catches me staring at him. I continue staring at him, waiting for him to decline Theo's claim.

"Fuck off, Ambrose," Elijah hisses, rolling his eyes at him as he leans back on his chair, extending his legs under the table as he relaxes.

Damn, he didn't even bother denying the claim.

"Elijah, your lip is bleeding too, just like Annie's lip," Kota points out and that was all it took for everyone on the table to look at me and Elijah.

"Did you slam your lips on the wall?" I scoff, rolling my eyes at Elijah as I glance at his bottom lip which was slightly bleeding cause of me.

"No," he scoffs, "But I did slam someone else against the wall," he mutters, sending me a small smirk.

"Ew, too much information," I scrunch my face, rolling my eyes at him.

He rolls his eyes back at me before moving his hand under the table and placing it on my thigh, letting no one see. He squeezes my thigh and I glance at him, sending him a warning look.

"No way!" Theo lets out a loud laugh, gaining all of our attention and we stare at him with confusion.

"What's up with you?" I arch an eyebrow at Theo as I watch him grin at us.

Theo glances at me and then at Elijah, only making his grin wider and brighter. His sapphire eyes were gleaming with mischief as he sends me his usual smirk.

"Look at you two going behind our back," Theo shakes his head at us, " I didn't expect my own best friend to not tell me about this."

Ah, shit. He found out as well.

"Thanks for making it obvious," I mutter so only Elijah could hear, stepping on his foot as I send him a quick glare.

"Are you talking about me and her doing a Biology project at my hospital?" Nico points at me, diverting Theo's attention as he tries to change the topic.

"You are what?" Theo arches an eyebrow, looking in between Nico and me.

"You heard it," Nico sighs, rolling his eyes at him.

"When do you two start?" Kota asks, frowning at us.

"Tomorrow," I hum, "I'll be at the hospital doing the project for three days so you won't be seeing me during those days but Nico will be here since the hospital is only taking one student," I sigh, glancing at the boys, hoping they would believe the lie I just made up right now.

"No, no, no!" Kota frowns, "You can't leave me for three days with them! I can't live without you," he groans as he gets up from his seat and walks towards me, engulfing me in a bone-crushing hug.

"It's going to be alright, Kota," I pat his back, "It's just three days."

"That's seventy-two hours without you," he groans, shaking his head.

"Damn, for the first time, he did the right calculation," Nico chuckles, letting out a laugh and I instantly laugh at his words.

"Dude, I just realised that," Theo gasps, grinning at Kota before letting out a loud laugh.

"I fucking hate all of you," Kota groans, glaring at us while we continue grinning and laughing at him.

"Awh, Kota. I'll still miss you during those three days," I coo, smiling at a grumpy Kota but from the corner of my eyes, I could see Elijah staring at me with his usual harsh expression as if he was lost in deep thoughts while looking at me.

♔ ♔ ♔

Two of my three days off had already gone by, as fast as the lightning and the third day had already begun. I had managed to get most of the files Nico wanted but there was one file missing, the one file which would solve everything.

I walk past the security of the police department's headquarters, walking towards the reception to know where I could find the chief of police who is also my dad's brother.

I stand in front of the receptionist and he greets me with a smile, "How can I help you, Miss?"

I lower my shades and feign a smile, "I want to meet the chief of police."

He frowns at me, "I'm afraid I can't help you with that. He's a busy man and you need to book an appointment which is hard to-."

"I'm his niece."

And that was all it took for him to shut his mouth, widening his eyes at me.

"Saint Laurent?" He mutters my surname, glancing into my grey eyes.

"Pretty sure that's my legal surname," I smile at him.

"Just give me a minute. I'll find someone to take you up to the Chief's office," he glances at me one last time before calling someone on the telephone. He talks for a few seconds before he ends the call.

"He will lead you up to the Chief's office," the receptionist points to a man standing not too far away from me.

"Thank you," I smile at him, "I'll make sure to talk to my uncle about you. What's your name?"

"Ruben. Ruben Garcia," he smiles at me and I nod at him, "Thank you, Miss Saint Laurent."

I turn around and start following the man, soon entering the elevator. Once reach the highest floor, we walk out and he stops once we reach in front of a narrow hallway.

"I can only drop you till here, Miss. You just need to walk across the hallway and you'll see the Chief's office," he gives me a curt nod before walking away.

I start walking towards the long, narrow hallway, wondering why the hell this hallway was this long.

I feel my phone buzzing in my pocket and I dig into to pocket to check who was calling.

Elijah freaking Winchester was calling me again. He still didn't get the clue that I don't have the time to answer his calls and texts. For the past two days, he's been texting and calling me but I didn't have the time and energy to reply back due to this big mess.

I am on the verge of opening his texts when someone bumps into me, forcing me to drop my phone on the ground.

I glance down to see a blonde woman collecting all her files which she had dropped on the floor.

I arch my eyebrow at her, thinking what the hell she was doing here since she clearly didn't look like she worked here. But nevertheless, I bend down to pick up my phone.

"No, it's fine. I can manage to pick up these files on my own," she mutters, quickly snatching the papers which were around me.

I was only reaching out to grab my phone, not her files but oh well, at least she thinks that I'm a nice soul.

It's rare for people to think that since most of the people I've met have labelled me as their local devil.

I glance at her face again, trying to remember that familiar face. Her Chanel two-piece and that jewellery collection on her was definitely something the wives of upper-classmen would wear.

I start walking away and steal a glance behind me. I smile once I see that she had disappeared from here.

I dig my hand into my pocket and remove the flash drive which she had dropped. I couldn't help but pick it secretly since she was way too suspicious, especially with those files.

No high-class woman would come rushing out of the Chief's office with that hefty amount of files.

I knock on the door once I reach his office but I heard no reply. I knock again and then once again but I failed to get an answer. I roll my eyes before opening the door, I slowly enter it and look around, checking if anyone was inside but no one was present.

So that woman entered the office without anyone being there. That's even more suspicious.

I close the door behind me before I walk inside. I look around the office, making myself familiar since the last time I had been here was almost a year ago with my father. I walk towards his desk and look around for his locker which had all his important files in, including my mother's file.

I finally notice the small metal locker behind his desk and I bend down. It had a digital keypad attached to it and I needed to enter a four-digit passcode to open it.

I smile, knowing that I came prepared for this shit. I knew the passcode and it was very obvious.

1301. The date of my mother's accident - January 13th- the cold, wintry day on which she had died, the case which was never solved since the driver had died before his court hearing.

The Chief's first and only unsolved case.

The locker clicks open and I quickly pull open the door, looking through each of the files.

Manhattan, 13 January 2009.

The bold letters immediately grab my attention and I quickly grab the file, looking through the pages. My hands start to quiver once my eyes land on the pictures taken on that day. There was the car which was wrecked, completely destroyed, the same car which was my mum's favourite car yet she ended up dying in it.

I take a deep breath and close the file shut, slipping it into my bag. I tidy up all the files and close the locker shut. I look at my phone to check the time and I hiss, knowing the man was about to enter the office any moment.

I grab my bag and walk over to the chair where I was supposed to be seated, waiting for him. I take a seat and start scrolling through my phone, pretending like I did not just steal a file from the Chief.

The door clicks open and I hear footsteps, coming closer towards me.

"Adrianna, did you wait for too long?" My uncle walks towards me and pats my shoulder before taking a seat in front of me.

"Not at all, I just got here a few minutes ago," I smile at him, waving my hand dismissively, "How was your day?"

"Not bad," he smiles, "Ruben told me that you were waiting here for me so I rushed here."

"You have a nice receptionist, maybe consider giving him a promotion or something, he deserves it," I hum, leaning back on my seat.

He nods in agreement, "You're right, I will," he smiles and glances at me, "You didn't tell me what you were here for. Is everything alright? Do you need any help?"

"Oh, everything is alright. Dad wanted me to hand these papers over to you, that's why I'm here." I chuckle, passing the file to him.

Do you wanna know what file it was? Well, I had no clue about that either. I had begged my father to give me a file to hand over to this man, not caring what it was about as long as I had a reason to visit him.

"Ah, thank you for that. You didn't have to go through all this," he shakes his head at me.

"No problem, I was in the area anyway," I feign a smile, "Well, I should leave now," I mutter as I get up from the seat.

"Ah, yes. I'll walk you out and my driver can drop you home," he opens the door for me as we both walk out of his office. We take the elevator and soon the ground floor. People kept on greeting my uncle as we walked past them, not forgetting the stares they gave me.

I see the receptionist and I wave at him, followed by my uncle. I could see him smiling brightly since the Chief of the Police Department had just acknowledged him for the first time.

He walks me outside and opens the car door for me, we exchange some words before the drive to my apartment starts. I look outside the windows, noticing many students walking since it was the time most schools ended.

It doesn't take long for me to reach my apartment. I get out of the shiny, black car and enter my building, walking towards the elevator. I enter the elevator and press the button, waiting to reach my floor. In about a few minutes, I unlock my door and walk inside, sliding off my shoes before I walk in.

I remove the file from my bag and keep it on the table, alongside the other files which were all spread out on the table. I drop my bag on the armchair before walking to my room to get changed.

I walk out with a pair of shorts and an oversized t-shirt. I pour myself some juice into the glass from the fridge before walking towards the couch, relaxing as I make myself comfortable.

I take a sip from the glass and keep it back on the table before grabbing my phone.

But before I could check my texts, the doorbell rings and I turn around to look at my door.

Who the hell could it be?

yeah, writing is what i do on my break😔🤌🏽

n e wayss, i'm actually gonna take a break now since i already planned the next few chapters i guess🌚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.1K 2.4K 47
*UNDER EDITING* ❝What I saw in front of me was unbelievable. I felt a gut wrenching pain in my heart, as if someone has stabbed me a million times. S...
57.3K 1.6K 74
{Book #3 of The Winters Series} Senior year at Thornbrook Academy has come with new challenges, including the return of Savannah Lovell, Adrian's ex...
200K 12.2K 37
[totally unedited and my first time at writing so I hope you guys bear with the flaws and read if you are going to] "I don't know why, but I tend to...
4.9K 519 36
The one who has eyes on her. The one who is hiding from him. The one who needs her. The one who lusts her. The one who cares for him. The one who pro...