"COLD-HEARTED." | Jumin H. (M...

By ashieellxs

Jumin Han, heir of an infamous company. C&R International. He has been one of the most well-known, richest ma... More

Chapter 1: Man in Black
Chapter 2: Familiarity
Chapter 4: A Charming Narcisisst
Chapter 5: His So-Called Fiancee
Chapter 6: Mysterious Messages
Chapter 7: A Peaceful Night
Chapter 8: His Pretty, Persian Cat
Chapter 9: Trust in You
Chapter 10: Blue Haired Painter
Chapter 11: His Secret Garden

Chapter 3: Her Organization

260 12 0
By ashieellxs

| Jumin's PoV |

I have always knew that the girl behind me was [Y/N] [L/N] as I heard her name called repeatedly by her..."boss". And this old man, he doesn't look like he gets to be the boss here.

Why is she working in a fancy cafe with manager this.. abusive?

I only caught a sight of her working hard ever since we step inside this cafe. And now, he's gonna ruthlessly fire her, just because she spilled coffee on a person's shirt by accident? What an obnoxious man.

He did mention that she never changed her clumsy personality since her first day of working here. She must be doing awful at her job. Even so, why does he have to harass the lady like that?

  I know that I am also not a good boss either. My workers respect me, but they don't really enjoy working for me for giving them a large amount work. They may not like it for giving them too much stress. Yet, they get paid with a good number of money.. Aside from that, I can be austere at times. I've made multiples of employees cry, but I never yelled at them like him.

  I can imagine Ms. [Y/N] working for me, but after seeing her cloddish character. She might ended up getting fired by me.

If I was the manager of this cafe, I would just simply fire her, even if she stubbornly won't give up. I'd just leave her alone carelessly, hoping for her to leave and find a new job that would perfectly fit her.

That's what I always do.

But him, he disgusts me. He chose to hurt one of his workers, telling her that she'll always be a 'klutz', just to make himself feel better. And I didn't like the way he does this in public.

He doesn't deserve to be the manager here.

... Perhaps, I could fix that

As for this girl, Ms. [Y/N]... or I should call her [Y/N] instead, I have seen her yesterday, walking outside my building with a gray-haired boy. The two of them talk quite loud.

  That gray-haired boy though, I noticed his hair was light gray, almost white. Reminding me of a certain, narcissistic guy I have always disliked.

I went back thinking about [Y/N]. I remember that I have caught a glimpse of her staring at me once I get inside the car.

And her voice, I know it was her from the phone I called last night, which ended up her ending the call, not answering my questions. It has the same soft voice she had when she talked to her boss.

She seems like she really needs this job, but it looks like there is no hope in getting it back.

I stopped my thoughts as I heard the manager speak. "J-Jumin Han? The son of the chairman?!" He said, eyes widened.

He looked even more fearful as he watch me nod my head. "Correct." I bluntly said.

I can feel his arm shaken by my grip, so I let him go. "Is there something I can do for you, Mr. Han?" He asked.

"Like I said earlier, I came here with my assistant to look for [F/N] [L/N]." I turned my head to take a look on her face.

  I examined her attire for a second seeing her wear a dark blue, knee-length dress with white collar, and a light red apron with a big, white heart in a middle. She wears the same uniform like the other women who works here.

On the right side of her chest, there's her name tag, with her last name on it. [L/N].

She has black, shiny shoes, with white long socks that reached up to her knees.

Her hair is pulled up into a bun, a very messy bun.

She looks... childish, yet she's also quite petite, even if her make-up is ruined from the tears.

She looks up at me shocked and bewildered on her face, like a child who just lost her parents.

"Ah, she's right there! You can take her!" Her boss smiled nervously. "Is that all you need?" He asked again.

"I would like some coffee, sir." Assistant Kang requested. I almost forgot that she's also here with me.

"Oh, you must be his assistant! Well then, your coffee will be here shortly!" He said quickly, about to walk away from us.

He talks as he was trying to get away.

"O-Oh, and I apologise for everythi-"

"Don't go. We're not done yet."

"O-Oh?"

I walked to him.

The closer I get, the more frightened he gets.

As I finally got closer, I asked him slowly. "qIs this how you treat your staff..?"

He gulped, shaking. "... U-uhm, I-I, uhh."

"Answer me."

"Yes! I'm sorry, I really am!" he bowed down to me. Apolozing repeatedly. It kind of annoys me.

"Is that so? I have no choice, but I must teach you a lesson." I went down and whispered in his ears.

"Don't... abuse your workers like that."

"...What? I'm not abusing the-"

"Or perhaps, I could slap you just like what you were about to do to Ms. [Y/N], hm?" I stated giving him a menacing glare. I can hear Assistant Kang gasp from behind. I know she haven't seen me act like this before.

I know I couldn't slap him, I'm not the type of person who does that. But watching him get startled at my words is enough to teach him a lesson.

"I promise I won't do it again!"

Now that's better.

"Good, now get up." He does what I said.

"Also, I would a some tea, please." He nodded and dashed at the counter telling the other workers to go back to work.

"You said you don't want to order." Assistant Kang eyed me suspiciously.

"You asked me if I would like some coffee, I just chose tea instead. I'm not a coffee addict like you, Assistant Kang." I stated, not looking at her. She just chose to ignore what I said.

People stopped staring at us goes back to minding their own bussiness, though I can still hear a few whispers and gossips.

"Uhm, excuse me..?" I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned behind to look at [L/N].

"Uh... thank you for what you did, M-Mr. Han." She said nervously with a kind-hearted smile on her face. The way she called me 'Mr. Han' reminds me of how Assistant Kang calls me that. She sounded like she works for me. It honestly cringes me.

"Y-you didn't have to do that, and I'm terribly sorry for causing you trouble." She said as she bowed at me.

Since she's fired, she must need a job.

Hmm.. Seven was right.

Perhaps she looks like she's a good fit to work for the RFA. She could take up her job of contacting guests and hosting parties.

He also informed me that Rika was her best friend, and chose her to take her place instead, since she's gone.

It doesn't look like a hard job. I'm sure she can handle it.

"It was nothing." I coldly said to her.

"Still! You prevented him from slapping me and taught him a lesson, I highly appreciate it!"

... She didn't seem to care about my impersonalities, and proceeded to thank me. The thought made me smile on the inside.

"Is there something I can do to repay you?" She asked. "You don't need to repay me." I stated blankly.

As Assistant Kang and I finally paid our drinks. I told [Y/N] to get her things and follow us outside the cafe.

————————————————————

| [Y/N]'s PoV |

...

Okay.

What just happened?

First, my boss was about to fire me, then he was about to smack my face off in public...

And now, Jumin Han, son of the richest chairman in South Korea, future CEO of a large company, just stopped him from slapping me?

What the heck.

I didn't expect that HE was the guy I always saw at that building everyday, to actually save my butt.

And then he, along with the lady, said that they were looking for me? for what?

I noticed that the lady I saw him with, Ms. Kang, was his assistant. But I'm more curious about Jumin though.

Even though he's an aloof person, I found him kind enough to stop my boss from slapping me and telling him that he should stop being a jerk to other workers.

The other people just did nothing but watched me cry, but he stood up for me. What a kind man! I thought with a smile on my face.

Now, they said that they we're looking for me.. Why though?

I was so zoned out from thinking that I didn't notice that I stumbled myself into a pole,. Great, I think too much.

I turned to see them waiting for me, outside their black van, instead of a limo. I approached them shyly.

As I walked in front of them, the driver opened the door for us, signaling us to get in.

"Get inside." Jumin said.

"Uh, what?" I looked at him suspiciously.

... Are they gonna kidnap me?!

No, calm yourself down, [Y/N]. Why do you think a famous guy like him would kidnap you?

"We're gonna discuss in."

"Oh, o-okay then." I went in.

————————————————————

"So, uh, what do you need me for?" I asked them, sitting comfortably inside their van.

Jumin speaks, "[Y/N] [L/N], we're here to ask you a few questions."

...

What he just said sounds oddly familiar, along with the voice... wait a minute.

"... You're THAT guy from the phone last night!" I said loudly. He just stared at me with his narrowed eyes, unsurprised of what I just said.

"Yes, I am. Since you ended the call, we just came here to look for you instead."

"Oh, I'm sorry, Mr. Han." He just nodded, taking a sip from his tea. His assistant spoke up.

"Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Jaehee Kang, Mr. Han's assistant, you can just call me Jaehee if you prefer it that way." She introduced herself with a small smile.

"Oh, nice to meet to you, Jaehee! You can just call me [Y/N] instead." I smiled brightly, offering my hand for her to shake.

She looked at it for a second, and reached it to accept. As we hold hands, I shake it rapidly.

"Is it alright for you If we asked you a few questions?" She asked.

"It's alright." I replied, starting to get nervous.

"Okay, let us begin."

Jumin asked first. "I know I've asked this before – Are you friends with Rika?"

It's the same question he asked me last night. I just nodded and answered, "Yes, but I haven't seen or talked to her for so long."

"...How long?"

"A few years back then..."

It's Jaehee's turn to ask. "... Well, do you know what happened to her?" She asked.

... Did something really happened to her?

"Uh, what do you mean?" I asked.

Jaehee and Jumin both looked at eachother, then turned back at me.

"You don't know, do you?" I slowly shaked my head left and right in confusion.

"This is gonna be a long explanation." Jaehee sighed.

————————————————————

After a few questions, a long explanation about the "RFA", an organization Rika started. And some stories about what happened to her, I was shocked to hear about what happened to Rika from now.

"She's dead?!" I cried out.

... She died in a year and a half ago? Without someone informing me?

"I'm afraid to say, but yes." Jaehee said sadly.

I stared at her with my eyes wide, then looked down. Hearing what she said left me a pain inside chest.

She committed suicide..? Why? I always thought that she was a genuinly happy person, but I didn't know she was mentally ill. She said she wouldn't leave me, but she did anyways. I remember hanging out with her, having fun. Seems like it that won't happen again. I felt dissapointed at myself for not being there for her.

Tears are about to form in my eyes again.

"I wasn't even there for her..." I started crying. I felt like a child who just lost her toy.

Jaehee just looked at me with a concerned expression, not sure what to do.

Jumin keeps his blank face. I think he probably doesn't care.

Though he decided to speak.

"I understand the feeling of losing a friend, [Y/N]." Jumin said. I stopped crying as he said that.

"Rika... was my friend too. Other than Assistant Kang, she was the only woman I could trust." He said with a sigh. Even though he still kept his cold face, I can hear the sadness in his voice.

I can guess that Rika probably does not like Jumin because of his wealth. She likes him because of who he is. And I'm guessing that's how he got friends with her. I smiled at the thought.

She's such a sweet person, but why does she have to die like that?

I felt sad for him. Rika must be important to him too, huh?

I used the napkin in my pocket to wipe my tears away.

I decided to hold his hand and looked directly in his dark gray eyes. He looks at me, raising his brow. "I'm sure Rika misses you too, Mr. Han." I said with a comforting smile.

I didn't expect his palm to be warm and soft, It felt like you're holding a pillow.

Rika always comforted me by holding my hand and looking directly at my eyes, and she'll tell me sweet things to make me feel better.

Jumin stared at me for a short while, he then sighed. "I'm sure she misses you too, [Y/N]." He said, still keeping his straight face.

I kinda expected him to smile though, but hearing his words was enough to make you grin wider.

After a long silence, I realized that I'm still holding his hand, staring at him. [Y/N], Stop acting weird and let go of his hand!

I pulled my hand away and looked down, hiding my red face. Why did I hold his hand that long without even noticing..?

He cleared his throat and began to speak.

"Anyways, [Y/N]. We're gonna ask you a last question." Jumin said, looking outside the window.

"O-Okay."

"[Y/N], since you just ...lost your job," He paused, thinking about his question, and continued.

"I'd like to ask you that, would you like you join the RFA and take Rika's place as your 'new job'?" He asked politely "Don't worry, I'll pay you a good number of won if you work hard."

Join the RFA? Why me...?

"W-What? Why me?" It can't be me! I can't just replace Rika!

Jaehee speaked, "One of the members of the organization, told us that Rika once said, one day, if she'll be gone, we'll have to find you then you can take her place."

"It can't be me! There's gotta be someone else."

"[Y/N], she mentioned your name to take her place." Jaehee explained with pleading eyes. "Why me?" I ask them again.

"Because she chose you." Jumin said.

"No, It can't be me! I'm not like her." I closed my eyes as I looked away. I remember what boss said. 'I tell ya, [L/N]. You'll never change, understood?' I frowned at the thought.

"I'm not like her, okay? She's smart, positive, and she always get things perfectly right..." I sighed, and continued speaking. "...while I'm just a clumsy person who always make things worse."

"I'll probably ruin your party if I take her place."I added and looked down. "You saw what happened earlier, right?" I looked back up at the both of them.

Jaehee looked at me out of concern. While Jumin... He's still Jumin.

After a few seconds of silence, Jumin decided to speak again.

"You would do this for Rika, would you?" He spoke in a serious voice. "Y-yeah, but I can't."

"Yes you can, because we believe that you can do it, [Y/N]." Jumin looked at me with calm and hopeful eyes. "She would be more than happy for you if you work for the organization."

... Can I do this..? I looked both at Jumin and Jaehee. When I looked at their eyes, they look like they we're pleading you to join them.

You just lost your job, and they're giving you one.

What if the other members will hate you?

What if I messed up?

What would Rika feel if I made a terrible mistake?

... She would always get me back up, If I messed up. She always cheers me, saying 'Don't give up!'.

...

... I guess I'll try, just for Rika. She's my best friend, and she never left me suffering at my own problems. I'd do this for her, even if she's not here.

I never attended her parties, so instead of attending her parties without her, I could host one for her, right?

And besides, I really need a job.

And If the other members are friends with Rika too, then I could be their friend too.

You won't be lonely anymore, [Y/N].

"Uhm.. Jaehee, Mr. Han?" They both look up at me.

"I'm sorry to say that.. I don't feel like I can do this."

Jaehee frowned. Jumin sighed sadly. He was about to speak, but I interrupted him.

"Even though I can't, I would love join the RFA for Rika no matter how many times I fail, so count me in!" I smiled at the both of them, seeing their surprised face.

"Hm, I like the confidence. Good choice, [Y/N]." Jumin said. "I'm quite glad you agreed to join, because if you didn't, I'll be most likely to restrain you from getting out of my van." He added. I amusingly giggled, not scared at all after he said that.

Even though he still kept his unfriendly expression, I can tell that he's glad.

Jaehee smiled at me. "I'm sure Rika's happy for you."

"Yeah, I guess." I sighed to myself. Looking outside the window. "We are doing this for Rika, do you understand, [Y/N]?" Jumin gave me a look of encouragement.

"Yup! For Rika!" I jumped at my seat and hugged him, thrilled that I finally got a new job. He didn't move or hug back, he just froze. I can see Jaehee's expression turned into shock.

..Oh, wait. Jumin probably doesn't like hugs since he's not the type of person who does that.

I pulled the hug and just smiled at him, "Sorry about that, heh heh." He gazed at me, then nodded.

"It's fine." That's all he said.

————————————————————

Jumin and Jaehee gave me a free ride on the way to my apartment, after telling them where I live. I texted Seon and told him that I was fired and I'll go home early so he doesn't need to wait for me at the cafe. He was overly worried and asked me a lot questions. I just told him that I'll explain him what happened tomorrow. I need to relax at home.

I thanked both Jaehee and Jumin. I was about to open the door when Jumin stopped me. "[Y/N]?"

I turned at him, "Yes, Mr. Han?"

" Please feel free to contact me or Assistant Kang if you have further questions." he straight-forwardly said.

"Okay, Mr. Han!" I cheerfully replied.

"And from now on, just call me Jumin." He looked at me with those blank eyes again.

I thought that calling Jumin 'Mr. Han' makes me feel like he's old. How old is he anyway?

I decided to ignore the question in my head. "Okay, Jumin. Thank you again for the ride!" I both waved goodbye at them.

And for the first time, he smiled at me. It was small, but genuine. And I'd be lying If I said that It didn't make my day extra better.

I always loved seeing people smile, mostly from people who are cold-hearted.

He was about to close the door until I spoke. "You know Jumin," He stopped and looked at me with his dark gray eyes, waiting for me to continue speaking.

"...You should smile more often. It's nice to finally see you show your genuine smile after hiding it in your emotionless mask." I say as I beamed warmly at him. He just stared at me a moment without saying a word.

"... Goodbye, [Y/N]. And goodnight." He simply said. After that, they drove off.

I just stared at Jumin's limo until it was out of sight. I sighed dreamily, turning around to go inside the apartment building.

I should get some rest, a really long one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177K 352 19
Just a horny girl
14.3K 550 26
روايه اماراتيه تتكلم عن مثايل وحيده امها وابوها الي عانت من الم الانفصال الام : نوره الاب : محمد تاريخ الكتابه : 19/3/2023 تاريخ التنزيل : ..
236K 11.8K 91
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...
326K 19K 41
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong