One More Year

Od sanelovee

In her final year of high school, Olivia Romano is a master at evading attention, preferring to blend into th... Více

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Epilogue

Chapter 10

1.6K 53 8
Od sanelovee

My house isn't as fancy as Natalie's, but she doesn't seem to mind while we stuff our face with ice cream and I put a random movie on Netflix. I turn to her after taking a big spoonful of strawberry cheesecake-flavored ice cream.

"Okay, I have a confession to make."

She swallows her ice cream and nods, "Okay."

She almost looks scared, I laugh softly as I look down at my spoon. "Cam and I aren't a real couple." It actually hurts saying it out loud.

Her eyebrows pull down as she tilts her head, "What do you mean?"

I stab the ice cream with my spoon. Leaving it there and take a deep breath before meeting her light blue eyes, "Yeah. Thomas was kind of being persistent and Cam offered to be my fake boyfriend to get him off my back."

She stays silent for a bit with her mouth hanging open, then she starts blinking rapidly while softly chuckling, "Why didn't you tell Thomas he was annoying and leave you alone?"

"I'm not like that Natalie. I don't like confrontation and I've never been this social. I wanted this last year of high school to be different. I wanted to have fun and be normal like everyone else."

I get into further detail on my and Cam's agreement and how he's really into Zoey. Natalie drops the spoon in the bucket of ice cream and my heart is on my throat, waiting to hear her disappointment in me. I'm weak and desperate when it comes to Cam.

"He's the biggest asshole, you know that? He's taking advantage of a perfectly innocent girl. Getting to claim you as his and guys automatically back off. So no, Liv. This isn't something other normal teenagers do." She glowering over at me as she stands up from the bed and paces in my room as it looks like she's thinking. Finally turning back to me, more determined, "Don't you see how unfair this is? You like him, but once this is over, all the guys at school backed off because of Cam making his claim. And then what? He gets to happily be with Zoey after feeling you up and kissing you whenever he wanted?"

I open my mouth to protest that I'm okay with this. I tried putting boundaries and keeping him at arm's length, but I failed. And most importantly I don't want to stop it. She didn't give me any time to answer this as she jumps to sit next to me on the bed.

"You have to promise me something?" Her light blue eyes look icy in a winter storm.

I don't know Natalie all too well to know what she's up to so I frown, but ask as my curiosity has peeked, "What?"

"The next guy who tries to flirt with you or tries to show interest. You go along with it."

I gulp because I don't want to do that to Cam. I like my situation with Cam right now. I really enjoy his company and kisses.

"Please don't tell him you know or be obvious about it."

"Why not? He should feel stupid and he should feel like he doesn't have the right to kiss you whenever he wants."

I gulp, "Well we agreed to kiss and I've never had a boyfriend before and I really like it whether it's fake or not. I tried putting boundaries but it didn't work. I don't know how to do fake, but one thing I know for sure is I don't want it to end so soon. I really like him."

She finally sighs, "Fine. But, he better treat you like a fucking princess if you're going to be, going along with his stupid game."

I can only hope he keeps being nice and treating me as if I'm special the way he's been making me feel lately. 

*

I tried avoiding him all week at school the best that I could and met up with him when lunchtime was almost over claiming I was late. But really I was just nervous to see him and kiss him since we agreed to do it. I didn't want him to see that I really like him. At least, not yet. After dodging him for so long, he texted me in the middle of my last class to come out so I gave the teacher a lame excuse of needing to use the restroom.

As soon as I stepped out of the class he takes my hand and rushes me to a janitor's closet and before I even get to ask what we were doing, his lips are on mine. For a second I forget why I kept my distance and kiss him back. Enjoying the feel of his tongue and lips on mine. The times we've kissed before have been sweet and gentle. I've realized his gentle hands and sweet lips hold nothing in comparison to his frantic hands finally landing on my face and his biting kiss, nibbling on my bottom lip. While pressing me to his hard body. I feel lost, engulfed in his scent and his kiss.

Now that I don't want to hold up any boundaries, I don't push him away. Instead, I grip the hem of his shirt with both my hands, pulling him closer to me. His groan makes other parts of me wake up, causing me to bite down on his bottom lip feeling like I can't get enough, and this time it's him who pulls away.

His eyes sparkle with an unknown emotion as he smiles brightly down at me, "I've been wanting to do that since you left my house on my birthday."

I feel my face blush and I surprise myself when a chuckle escapes me, "Is this the only reason why you pulled me from class?"

He takes a step back much to my disappointment and he chuckles softly too now, "Yeah. Just getting some practice in."

I chuckle again as he takes my hand and opens the door. Walking out of the janitor's closet, the hall is empty except for Thomas who's walking by and glaring at Cam. He has a restroom pass in his hand, meaning he's walking back to his class. I feel a little uneasy knowing that Thomas could be thinking we did something more than just kissing. Cam wraps his arm around my shoulder, pressing me to his side.

"Relax. Killing two birds with one stone. Got your practice in and Thomas definitely knows to stay the fuck back." He says it low enough for only me to hear.

"He probably thinks we did more than just kissing," I mumble only half hoping he doesn't hear me.

I feel Cam tense a little next to me as we near my class, "So? Technically you're my girlfriend so it's none of his business." I only nod as we stand by class now, "See you after school, Cookie?"

I nod and he bends down to peck my lips quickly and I realized the unusual pet name he just used.

"Cookie?"

He smiles while walking backward, "You're my favorite cookie."

I feel the blush creep up my neck again so I turn around to open the door and go into the class. The teacher quickly makes eye contact with me and I look away. I can't have him figure out what has me so worked up and know that I went to go make out with my fake boyfriend instead of actually using the restroom.

*

Austin invited us all to his house for a game night, which my dad was only cool with knowing Penelope would be there. I wanted to roll my eyes because technically I wouldn't even be invited if Austin wasn't trying to get with Penelope.

I invited Natalie since Penelope was in her own little bubble with Austin. I wanted to bail on going but figured that wouldn't be fair to Penelope. Natalie on the other hand was stoked she was leaving her house for the night. She was definitely an extrovert and talked a lot. I actually needed to study for my Economics class tomorrow, so I won't even get to play that much.

Driving there myself, since I might bail early to keep on studying. I spot Nash outside smoking a cigarette, sitting on the porch steps while on the phone. I give him a curt nod as I get closer and he notices me.

"Hey, Liv. Your boyfriend brought you cookies." He smiles as he blows a big puff of white smoke.

There's a slippery and mushy feeling in my chest, "You gonna eat some with us or smoke your young lungs away?"

He flicks his cigarette to the green grass on Austin's front lawn and speaks into the phone, "It's just Cam's girlfriend, Mom. Don't worry I'll be home tonight... Love you, too."

My eyes widen a little as he slides the phone back in his pocket as he stands, "That was your mom?"

Even though he's only thirteen, you can tell he's going to be as tall as his brother, "Yeah. Ever since homecoming, she's been wanting to meet you."

I shake my head only causing him to chuckle and he walks to open the door as I follow him in.

"Cam! Your girlfriend's here!" I think the neighbors probably heard him too. Even with the Bloody Hollies playing in the background.

Cam comes out of the kitchen smiling and holding a chocolate chip cookie in his hand. Nash pats his shoulder as he passes him to sit on the couch.

"Finally! Look what I got you."

Blushing I adjust the strap of my backpack and take the cookie he's handing me.

"Thank you."

He pecks my lips softly as if it's the most normal thing to do. I can definitely get used to it, but I need to prepare myself for when it's all over. Taking my hand, he leads me to Austin's big couch and takes my backpack.

His dark eyebrow arches up, "You brought homework to a game night?" 

Chuckling I take out my flashcards, "I just need to get some studying done and then I'll play. Penelope just wanted me here before my dad changed his mind and locked me in my room."

Just then, Natalie, Vince, Austin, and Penelope come in from the backyard through the sliding door in the kitchen. Penelope breaks into a huge smile when she sees me. I can't help but feel really happy for her. It really seems like she can be herself with Austin.

"Hey! Did you want to study before or after we start playing?"

Natalie frowns confused, "You're going to study right now?"

Feeling a little self-conscious and lame, I clear my throat. "Yeah." I meet Penelope's eyes now, "I can study in the kitchen though and I can do it by myself, don't wait for me."

"You sure?"

Nodding and tucking my hair behind my ear, "Yeah."

I grab my bag and my things before standing up. I notice Cam standing with me so I peer up at him curiously, causing him to smile down at me, "I'll help you study."

I'm not sure if he's joking or not because we don't share any classes and I've never known him to talk about his classes. He's usually distracted by his phone so I just assumed he doesn't care about school.

Setting my things down on the big dining table, Cam sits on one of the chairs and pulls me down on his lap, making me land on him with an umph.

"You like doing that to me." I chuckle as I wrap an arm around his shoulder. I really like being this close to him.

"Doing what?" His beautiful blue eyes cast down to my lips before meeting my eyes again.

My heart does the slippery slide again, "Uh- Pulling me down on your lap. Surprising me."

His arm around my waist tightens, causing me to lean in closer until our noses are touching. Chuckling he tells me, "I do like doing it unexpectedly. Your green eyes get big every time you sit on me and I get to look into those gems up close and personal."

The butterflies in my belly go wild at his words as the heat on my chest rises to my cheeks.

He smiles and it takes everything in me not to melt on top of him, "Wanna study, or do you want to practice?"

I know what kind of practice he's talking about and I most definitely want to do that. He takes my smile as a hint and presses a soft kiss on my lips. I move the hand that I had on his shoulder up to his hair. I really love the feel of his soft curls between my fingers. I cup his face with my other hand and kiss him back when he presses his lips on mine again. His tongue licks the bottom of my lip making my insides feel mushy and I open my mouth allowing him entrance. 

I can taste the cookies on him once again. I think I'm starting to get as obsessed over this cookie taste as much as he is. He sucks on my bottom lip and I feel it all the way down to my core, making me gasp. I try to pull away, but he growls holding me tight pressing me hard against his mouth leaving me the only option to keep kissing him and allowing him to suck my bottom lip again.

I think I feel him smile against my lips as I start to take control and really devour him. I don't know what causes me to do it, but I move my hips closer to him on his lap and he groans as I feel something pressing on my thigh. It throws me off a little and it takes me a moment to realize he's turned on. I gasp and pull away, but only enough to break the kiss because he's still not letting me out of his arms.

I clear my throat as I feel my face heat up all over again, "I think... I think I felt..."

His eyebrows arch down and I see concern color his blue eyes, "Yeah, but don't worry Cookie. We can just kiss. We don't need to touch that subject."

Natalie saves me from answering him as she yells over the living room towards the kitchen, "That's not studying!"

I move to stand and this time he lets me. I look over at Natalie who's glaring at Cam, but he's already laughing at something Nash said.

Turning back around to the table, I take a big breath before settling myself on the chair next to him.  He grabs the container full of cookies from the middle of the table and hands me one as I left my other one at the coffee table in the living room. 

Surprisingly, studying with him is super easy and he quickly adapts to how I like to study. Nash keeps walking over to us to grab cookies, but I keep getting the feeling he seems a little antsy and it seems like he actually wants to talk to Cam. Which he just blows him off every time he walks over letting him know he's still helping me study. 

Finally, finishing my little study-sesh a little quicker and smoother than I expected I turn to him, "You're a really good study partner."

Placing his elbows on the table as he leans over, he raises his eyebrows, "You expected me to be bad?"

I shrug as I start putting everything back in my backpack, "Not bad per se. You just never talk about school or how well or bad you're doing in your classes that I assumed you just didn't care. I wouldn't have pegged you to be a smarty pants."

Chuckling he leans back on the chair, "Smartypants? You're right though, I don't care about school and I can care less how well I do." That makes me meet his eyes as I sit up straighter, "But my mom cares, and as I said before, I don't like being a disappointment to her."

I place an elbow on the table and prop my chin on my hand, "What do you want to do after high school? There's only one more year to figure it out."

He shrugs as he grabs another cookie, "I like to consider myself an artist so anything that I can fit that category in will do just fine."

My infatuation with him is peaked, "An artist? Like... you paint."

After taking a big bite of his cookie he smiles, "Paint, draw, graffiti... not that many people consider graffiti as art but I do. I haven't figured out what I like doing most though. But I'm in no rush."

Biting my lip to hide how excited I am at knowing Cam better tonight than I ever have. He's smart, creative, caring, and extremely good-looking. 

I take his cookie from him and take a bite, "You don't sound like a disappointment to your mom at all. If anything, I can bet good money she's very proud of you."

His blue eyes search mine for an unknown reason and my insides shoot fireworks while he studies me. A part of me wants him to see that what I feel for him is real, but a part of me hopes I can hide it enough he won't see anything in case he pulls the plug for getting too attached.

Our moment is cut when his phone vibrates on the table and Zoey's name pops up on the screen. I clear my throat and tell him I'll be in the living room with everyone else not giving him a chance to tell me if he'll take the call or not. Because the way I was wearing my heart on my sleeve for him at the moment was scary and if he decided to tell me he had to take it, I'd probably lose it. He'd think I'm crazy and clingy.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

533K 10.4K 87
[COMPLETED] "That wasn't very nice, was it princess?" He asked in a husky voice and I stuttered, trying to form words but failing. His lips leaned i...
103K 6.3K 40
When Cami moves in with the 2 most popular guys in school in a new foster home placement, she realizes that her tragic past just might make it so tha...
549K 13.9K 61
"I want you to be my fake girlfriend," I'm sorry, his what? ----- Sapphire Kingston is just your ordinary girl. She has loving friends, exceptional...
90.6M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...