Mr. Suave (A Medical Romance)...

By shru_du

Pia Ray, have only one goal in her life to become the most successful neurosurgeon there is. Other than her f... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue

Chapter 4

2.2K 106 2
By shru_du

Happy reading

She looked into those Grey eyes, thankfully he was still to notice her. She was holding her hands together pressing her thumbs with each other tightly. "You all known me as Dr. Woodland, the neurologist, who specialised in brain surgery." Her heartbeat increased. She cannot work directly under him. No, it is a disaster waiting to happen.

"All of you have potential, that is why you have been selected to get the doctoral program under some of the best in their professionals. I myself never ever have trained anyone personally, this will be first time I am going to let someone do a doctoral degree under me. But as you all have provided the opportunity; I hope you will use it wisely. All the best." As he walked away she relaxed, but then he stopped and looked at them.

Her breath hitched again. "Another thing, make sure to collect your Ids from the front desk, until you are here, those Ids are your lifeline. Lose them and you will not gain entry here again. If you want to work with us, you need to be very responsible and very attentive about your duties also, as you all already have submitted your proposals, so you might also want to talk to your fellow teachers and learn how they wish for you to procced. The names shall be given outside this conference room with their cabin numbers."

With that said he walked away and she relaxed. She gathered up her things to walk out of the conference room. All other students had already left. She was about to walk out when someone blocked her way, she gasped in surprise looking into his cold grey orbs. "You thought I haven't seen you? Did you? Miss Ray?" He asked.

 "I...I didn't knew you were..." "Shut your shattering Miss Ray, and listen very carefully, you may have impressed my medical board with your proposal, but what comes next is totally going to be my decision. To get your P.H.D from my hand, you have to work hard, harder than you ever had."

"I...I understand S...Sir" "Yes Miss Ray, you should very well because if you don't..." he paused and looked at her coolly. "Your days here are numbered. You are in my territory now, that means I control your action, I control your thoughts..." he was so close to her his breath was fanning over her face. She shivered badly at that closeness. 

"And I control your future, you are to work for me, you are to work as I want you to, twenty-four seven without vacation and without any extra pay. You shall be on my beck and call Miss Ray, if you love that Doctorate degree."

She moved back. He held her injured hand. She gasped. And his hold loosens. "You are very fragile little thing, like a pixie. Which can get hurt very, very easily." No, he didn't touch her, but she was afraid of his presence anyway. And she wasn't timid or fragile, she just wanted to keep a low profile. But if he wanted to have full-fledged war, why not? She is so ready to face him and face him in any scenario he is about to put her through.

He started to walk away but stopped and looked at her. "And Miss Ray, you still owe me the dry-cleaning bill don't forget, my suits don't come cheap. I shall send you the receipt in your home address." She wanted to stomp her foot but she refrained from that. She is not going to back down, there too much at stake for her to back down now.

She knocked at his cabin, her heart had already sank knowing that he was going to be her research consultant, but she has to take care of this, she has no other choice, a Degree from Woodland, means she will have many, many opportunities in future. "Come in" She heard. She saw he was no longer wearing his Suit jacket, just his shirt and the tie wasn't there too. Overall, he didn't look like a Doctor much like a rude arrogant spoilt brat.

"I am glad you have given me that assessment Miss Ray, it gives me satisfaction how finely you can assess a person just by looking at his physical features" She wanted to bash her head somewhere, she again thought out loud. She didn't want to but she did and she wasn't very happy about the same. "Sir, I came here to ask you about my..." "Research paper, am I correct Miss Ray? I have it right here. But before we discuss that why don't we discuss what are your duties towards me, as my intern?" He got up and walked towards her.

She was standing still very still. He touched her arm gently. Her eyes were closed, anticipation was killing her from inside. She didn't know what she was going to do then, but she needed to do something. "First thing is you need to look at me when I talk you," her eyes fluttered open meeting his. There he was the two-colour eyes as she remembered. "Your eyes..." She gasped.

He quickly closed the door and started to search for something. When he finally finds the lenses, he put one in both the eyes. Making them grey once again. "Miss Ray, my eyes are very fine. First you need to bring my coffee every morning, second you shall arrange the patients whom I need to see, third you will be waiting in my cabin, taking notes of their symptoms daily. Next, you will be teaching an undergrad class, schedule of the same will be provided to you with your Id. After that we will be checking up on the in house patients and critically ill patients. After doing all this, if you had any strength left then you have to see if I have any special calls from other hospitals."

She was just listening to him, she didn't knew why . "Next you have to be present for operations. After you have performed these all chores admirably, I might consider helping you with your proposal Miss Ray. So what's it going to be? Are you in or are you out?" He asked looking at her. "What choice have you left me sir?" She asked.

"Then Miss Ray I welcome you to your personalized vision of hell" He told her smirking. Pia didn't said anything to him. She held her jean jacket tightly as if it can protect her from everything. His harsh words and his cold stairs. "You are still standing here? Go and fetch my coffee Miss Ray, I don't pay you to stand and admire me do I?" He asked. "N...No Sir" She shuttered badly. "First collect your ID and you schedule with the keys to your locker." He told her and she left.

Once Pia was out of his cabin, she took a deep breath. Finally, she can finally find some peace and quietness here. Why it has to be rotten luck to work under him? Why him? Anyone but him. She thought she could succeed but he is not going to make it easy. He is going to challenge her at every waking moment of her life from now on, but she was determined to do it. And thinking about the past she had been through? He seems too mild.

She was walking towards the front desk when she slipped not seeing the wet floor. "Careful lady." Someone caught her again. Clumsy, why she has to be this much clumsy. The man straightened her. "You can open your eyes now. You are safe." She opened her eyes and looked at him. He had a slightly tanned skin, as if he had just come in from beach, and he had beautiful amber coloured eyes.

She thought he too was going to insult her. "Now, be careful lady, or you might break your neck someday." The man said. And then he walked away. She wonders why he didn't insulted her like someone. She fetched her keys and her Id and schedule. She was told to wear her white coat all the times while here. She did so, after she was provided with one containing Hospital's emblem.

She fetched coffee from the cafeteria. And then walked towards his room. He heard another man's voice from inside. She knocked and heard a small come in. She saw Christopher and the man from before. Smile broke on his face seeing her. "Fancy seeing you here milady." His French accent was clearly heard in his voice. "You have met her?" Christopher asked him.

"Yes, she was about to kiss the floor a while ago." The man replied. "Oh, that's an old habit of hers, she seems to really like the floors around here." "Yes, I very do sir, the patterns on the floor that forms an abstract W, is quite clever and beautiful." Pia replied. The man laughed. "Well said, milady, very well said, by the way I am Forrest, known around here as the heart specialist." The man introduced herself. "You mean, you are a cardiologist?" He made an unsatisfying noise from back of his throat. And Christopher looked at him coolly.

"Miss Ray, is my intern also she is having her P.HD, from here in neurology," Christopher informed him. "So, you are going to be working for Lord Woodland, good luck to you keeping up with his unusual, immoral demands. I have many, many patients to deal with, who have a heart condition." "You mean heart diseases," Pia corrected him. "You are no fun Milady way to ruin a romantic with medical terms. But I shall catch you later that is if you survive this day." Pia was amazed are they friends both of them have just worlds opposite personality.

"He is my partner and best friend too Miss Ray, and yes he doesn't looks like much, but he is one of the best cardiologist world have ever seen, also, he is a psychologist." "Your coffee sir, and I didn't needed explanation for what he is." He chuckled taking the coffee from her. "I found you thinking out loud about the same how could I have not cleared your confusion? And from the next time don't use that smart mouth of yours in front of me." He suddenly seems angry.

But Pia found it impossible to believe that he was suddenly angry, because he always seems to be angry, he never smiles nor do he talk to someone softly. "I...I am sorry sir, but you did want to know why I love the floor so much, so I answered what I had envisioned." He turned silent. "One day, Miss Ray one day I am going to render you speechless I promise you that. That day, you won't have anything to say to me. One day... But till that day come, maybe refrain from answering my questions like that." He told her.

"What I need to do next sir?" She asked. "Oh Miss Ray, that is one thing you should never ever ask me, because that means you are putting your all decisions in my hands, And that is a very dangerous thing to do. You shall see why very, very soon." He told her in very cold voice. She shivered badly moving away a little,

"Sir, shall i..." "Shall you? Ask what you want to Miss Ray, the key to good working environment is effective communication. Tell me what is that you wanted to ask." He asked. "Shall I start my clinics sir?" She asked timidly. He smirk. "Yes, start from arranging the medical record, in the record room down the hall if you may, and don't worry there is only thousand files to go by Miss Ray." Her shoulder slumped.

"Did I heard a complain Miss Ray? Weren't you up for any challenge I throw in your way? Or are you just giving up because you do not mean those words, I know what you are a quitter, just a quitter. So why don't you resign and go back to the place you crawled out of?" He taunted her. And Pia was never very good with taunts anyway.

"Where the record room is?" She asked. "last door in the hallway." She nodded walking down the hallway. "This is just the beginning Miss Pia Ray, lets see how long you can endure before breaking down and say enough is enough. I want to see that day come and I know it will come very much soon, sooner than you are expecting. Little Pixie" Christopher thought looking at her back.

Word Count: 2112 Words

If you enjoyed my story please check out my others and please vote, comment and follow

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23K 813 40
[COMPLETED] [EDITED] He smirked and got even closer to my face, "you see, this report is technically under my..." He tilted his head slightly to whi...
13.3K 627 61
Sabrina Alicia Kiehl was born from a family that happens to be all doctors, both of her parents are a famous doctors in town. Both of their names are...
650 52 24
"And in his eyes, she was the prettiest girl he ever saw" So, there's always a rule about one-sided love, so let me tell you, it's like you're pourin...
1.2M 36.8K 50
I quickly turned away from him, to get the hell out of the room. But he caught my arm and pulled me back into his chest. Shit. Fuck. He buried his fa...