RWBY (Ruby x Reader)

By Sessylu75

A former team of Beacon first years were sent on a mission but although a success their bullhead went down. W... More

Characters
Ch 1 Meeting Team Rwby
Ch 2 Better Late Than Never
Ch 3 New Year but Same Material
Ch 4 Class Antics and Trouble Brews
Ch 5 Returning and Weapon Repairs
Ch 6 Playful Duel and a Fustrated Y/N
Ch 7 A Decision Granted
Ch 8 Gamenignt
Ch 9 An Awkward Encounter
Ch 10 Captured
Ch 11 Rescue is a Go
Ch 12 A Revelation
Ch 13 Y/N's Confession
Ch 14 A Day With Ruby
Ch 15 Staying At Ruby's House
Ch 17 An Awaited Visit
Ch 18 The Lake
Ch 19 All that Glitters is not Gold
Ch 20 Gift Exchnage
A Synopsis

Ch 16 Ruby's Attempt at Cooking

911 19 10
By Sessylu75

Y/N wakes up but he felt that something was off. The few times that Ruby and him slept he had a hard time to get up. He looks to his left and it did confirmed his suspicions. Ruby was gone so he went to the kitchen.

Tai: If you're wondering where Ruby is well she is visiting her mother.

Y/N: Oh...What are you doing by the way?

Tai: Breakfast.

Y/N: Need help?

Tai: You know how to? How?

Y/N: Yes, and as for your question let us say some simply people have to grow up sooner than others. Though do not fret over it as my teammates and friends are keeping me on my toes. That and there is Ruby.

Tai: Oh and the help is appreciated. Now you may be wondering where Qrow is as well?

Y/N: Honestly yes.

Tai: Well he is passed out on the roof.

Y/N: I thought I would get use to these kind of things with Silver but guess not.

Tai: Y/N could you create something that I can throw at him? If I don't wake him up now he is probably going to sleep through the day.

Y/N: (creates snowball) It is my pleasure.

After breakfast was created and done he opt for a stroll. Ruby hasn't return for breakfast so he put her plate in the microwave.

Y/N: I do wonder how Tanner is doing with Silver. Guess I should (makes call).

Tanner: (via scroll) Y/N?

Y/N: How is your time off with Silver?

Tanner: Uhhh... he was right about the old people. They're worse man but that's not all. He says the elderly person we faked of being their family. Well it worked until their actual family came. Now we're going to Atlas for a sausage festival.

Y/N: You're lucky. I remember my last time I had to do the running of the bulls. Silver saw the event and managed to get me to do it.

Tanner: Why would you agree to that?

Y/N: It was that or play bingo with the senior citizens. I made the same mistake as you did. Well Tanner I'm off now, but if there is a sort of  food made from bull try it.

Tanner: Will do. Sounds like you have some sort of vendetta.

Y/N: You could say that but as I said I'm off.

Ending the call Y/N suddenly gets a message from Ruby saying that lunch is reading. Going back to the house he notices no one was there.

Y/N: Where is everybody?

Ruby: I don't know but I did get hungry so I decided to make soup. Then when I told them for some reason they said they needed to go.

Y/N: Why the suddenly want to make food? You showed no interest.

Ruby: You made breakfast so I thought that maybe I should try again.

Y/N: (thoughts) Again? Wait...they suddenly all left, Ruby can be clumsy...oh no. Surely it can't be bad right? Right?

Ruby eagerly grabs a bowl for you and sets it on the table. Y/N sat down and looked at the bowl before looking at Ruby who was smiling in excitement.

Ruby: Well try it! I made it myself and with love!

Y/N slowly grabbed the spoon and lifted it to his mouth. Ruby was practically shaking the table in excitement. Putting the spoon to his mouth he gagged a bit before forcing it down his throat.

Ruby: Well how did it taste?!

Y/N: You want my honest opinion?

Ruby: Yes!

Y/N: Are you sure?

Ruby: Yes really!

Y/N thought back to those words when Ruby said she made it with love. Those words were what made the process harder. He knew that he had to lie.

Y/N: Good but Ruby I have to ask I taste a lot of salt.

Ruby: The recipe said I needed teaspoons but I couldn't find it so I used tablespoons.

And with that single answer there went Y/N's other questions.

Y/N: Next time you plan on cooking this you should maybe get me or someone else.

Ruby: Why? Did it not taste good? I made it with love.

Ruby's expression immediately reverse from her usual happy self to a sad demeanor.

Y/N: What? No, but you have to be organized when cooking. That and when you use some sort of recipe as a guideline it is okay but also trust your own tastebuds.

Ruby: Okay. Anything else?

Y/N: You can even add on to it.

Ruby was content with the answer and began eating the soup. Y/N wondered how could she eat the soup. He sighs and eat the rest of it as he thought what people did for love. Finishing the bowl the two go to the couch.

Ruby: Y/N, I'm tried. Like really tired.

Y/N: You could take a nap.

Ruby: (face down on the couch) Okay Frost, but only for a few minutes.

Y/N: We know that you will sleep longer than that.

Ruby: Yeah. Now I'm going to sleep on you. Night Y/N.

Y/N: Night, night I guess.

Hours passed by and Ruby was still sleeping. The three finally arrive seeing Ruby sleeping on Y/N. Pulling his scroll begins to type.

Y/N: (message) You all decided to leave me? I had to try her soup and it wasn't good.

Tai: (whispering) We couldn't break it to her about her cooking.

Yang: (whispers) You don't understand. You weren't there on her first try.

Qrow: No worries Y/N. We brought food for later. Thanks for taking one for the team.

Y/N: (scroll dies) And there goes my device. I told Ruby she should at least have someone to help cook when she decides to try again.

Yang: So we're not whispering no more? Well since we're not doing; yeah Ruby can learn to cook. Good luck Y/N.

Y/N: What?

Yang: You are together so who else?

Y/N: You used my l words used against me. Very well, when the time comes.

Tai: So what happened?

Y/N: Nothing much. After Ruby fell asleep I decided to watch some television.

Tai looks to the floor to see the remote there, and the tv still on showing a message asking "Are you still watching?"

Tai: So basically you were stuck on the couch with nothing to do?

Y/N: Yes, and to top it off the remote was too far with my scroll almost dead.

Yang: So you need the remote or?

Y/N: No. You can have it but can you charge my scroll? As you can clearly see I seem to be a bit stuck at the moment.

Yang: So what are you gonna do?

Y/N: Why given the situation I plan on going to sleep as well. The only reason why I stayed awake was in the event if any of you were to call.

With that being said Y/N laid his head against the arm of the couch and close his eyes. Ruby despite being asleep somehow took notice of this and snuggled a bit more.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

202K 2.2K 28
Kidnapped by Atlas, and rescued by a dusty old Qrow. You are enrolled at Beacon and meet team rwby just after they initiated. Armed with new powers...
25.1K 369 14
It's been 3 years since the Fall of Beacon. The students and teachers of the lost school have banded together to fight this new threat. But Y/N has s...
13.5K 131 40
After crashing into the planet you now know as remnant you quickly realise that you are stuck here forever with your friend. Choosing to settle down...
232K 1.7K 16
(Y/N) is a student at Beacon but he isn't human nor a Faunus instead he is a half demon. He wasn't treated nicely by team RWBY except for Ruby, team...