tratie one shots, vol. i

Galing kay spacenams

tratie deserves more fanfiction. [ completed story ] Higit pa

[ intro ]
[ the first time ]
[ thanks to leo ]
[ a good dad ]
[ processing / tw ]
[ descriptions pt. 1 ]
[ out loud ]
[ dead ]
[ black spot ]
[ surprise ]
[ coffee shop ]
[ say it ]
[ descriptions pt. 2 ]
[ pick-up lines ]
[ family reunion pt. 1 ]
[ looking at him ]
[ spy au ]
[ poetic ]
[ angry kisses ]
[ angry kisses pt. 2 ]
[ flowers ]
[ skin au pt. 1]
[ skin au pt. 2 ]
[ skin au pt. 3 ]
[ just go with it ]
[ not so blind pt. 1 ]
[ not so blind pt. 2 ]
[ hotel room ]
[ summer ]
[ april fools ]
[ ex ]
[ ex pt. 2 ]
[ serenity ]
[ laser tag ]
[ mistletoe ]
[ epiphany ]
[ nurse au ]
[ who holds what ]
[ moving in pt. 1 ]
[ moving in pt. 2 ]
[ i like you pt. 1 ]
[ i like you pt. 2 ]
[ glasses pt. 1 ]
[ glasses pt. 2 ]
[ a/n - screensavers ]
[ hotel room pt. 2 ]
[ flower shop au ]
[ tomorrow / tw ]
[ lying lessons pt. 1 ]
[ a/n - here's the plan ]
[ ship it pt. 1 ]
[ a/n - thank y'all! ]
[ ship it pt. 2 ]
[ ship it pt. 3 ]
[ mortals meet au ]
[ a/n - my spotify ]
[ tangled au ]
[ a/n - new story! ]
[ importance ]
[ hide ]
[ moving in pt. 3 ]
[ jealous pt. 1 ]
[ jealous pt. 2 ]
[ sick ]
[ lying lessons pt. 2 ]
[ ferris wheel ]
[ unbelievable ]
[ roommates pt. 1 ]
[ roommates pt. 2 ]
[ katie's interview ]
[ travis' interview ]
[ home ]
[ a/n - poetry ]
[ a/n - sorry lol ]
[ headcanons pt. 1 ]
[ high school au ]
[ headcanons pt. 2 ]
[ headcanons pt. 3 ]
[ scoundrel ]
[ the call ]
[ spark ]
[ a/n - ew another a/n ]
[ family reunion pt. 2 ]
[ loved her / tw ]
[ all my favorite places ]
[ loved him / tw ]
[ a/n - new cover ]
[ a/n - oops ]
[ headcanons pt. 4 ]
[ a/n - youtube channel ]
[ observation ]
[ anxiety ]
[ a/n - last a/n ]
[ short ]
[ his vows ]
[ a/n - i lied this is the last one ]
[ her vows ]
[ facebattling ]
[ ending ]

[ bedtime story ]

3.7K 132 224
Galing kay spacenams

okay, this was by far my favorite to write. this was a request by demigodishheadcanons to write a one shot of tratie with kids. i'm sobbing, lol. 

hope you enjoy!

words: 1681

. . .

"Dad, Lucy planted weeds in my bed again!"

"Tell Ryder not to put rubber snakes in the bathroom!" 

"Dad, she was asking for it!"

"Dad!"

Katie laughed when I groaned and cast my eyes to the ceiling, standing up for what could've been the hundredth time that night. We'd put them to bed a half hour ago, but things kept happening and we'd have to tuck them in over and over. 

"Dad!"

But kids never rested. 

"Wishing you hadn't shown Ry your old prankbook, huh?" Katie remarked with a grin. "They've been at it all night. Good luck putting 'em to bed."

"Why do I have to do it?"

"Because they're calling for you."

I pouted, but they continued shouting my name. I walked away from the crime show we'd been watching to see the new big deal with the kids. When I poked my head in their room, they were wrestling on the bottom bunk, Ryder with a rubber snake in his hand and Lucy with a murderous expression on her face. 

They were only seven and five, but each of them sure packed a punch. 

"Hey, hey! Break it up, you two." I yanked Ryder off Lucy and held him by the shoulders. 

He furrowed his brow. "Dad, I've got weeds in my bed."

"And he threw that stupid snake on me again!" Lucy whined. 

I sighed and stood up. I grabbed the office chair from the other room and rolled it in. Thankfulness for my mom putting up with Connor and me flashed through my head - we had to have been the biggest handful growing up. I sat in the chair and said, "Okay, Ryder. Get in bed. You too, Lucy. I'm gonna tell you a bedtime story."

Confusion crossed both of their faces, and Lucy said, "But Mom always tells us bedtime stories."

Our youthful competitiveness had majorly died off now that we were married with children of our own, but a rivalry that intense couldn't have vanished completely. When Lucy defended Katie's storytelling, I immediately felt a surge of challenge.

"Well, I tell the best stories." 

Satisfied, Ryder clambered up to the top bunk and Lucy burrowed into her sheets. They eyed me expectantly, and I suddenly realized why Katie told all the bedtime stories. 

I sucked at bedtime stories.

Get yourself together, you're Travis Stoll! I pumped myself up, and I smiled at the nostalgia of hyping myself up to beat Katie. 

"Alright, this is the story about a duel of the ages."

Their eyes lit up, and I couldn't help but get excited with them. Tomorrow night, they'd be begging for me to tell another one. Katie would be livid.

Ah, just like the good old days.

"Now, there once was a boy who lived in this very city. He was only ten, but he discovered that he'd one day be a hero! So, he went to train at a place that raised all the very best heroes to fight together."

"Like how S.H.I.E.L.D. got the Avengers together?" Ryder asked.

I grinned. "Even bigger than that! There were dozens and dozens of people just like him, ready to fight for the greater good. The boy couldn't believe that he suddenly had so many friends that knew what it was like to be a hero, friends who'd been through crazy battles and stuff.

"But one day, a girl came to the place. She was his age, and the first thing he noticed about her was that she had really pretty green eyes."

"Like Mom!" Lucy squealed, clearly more interested in this new character.

"Yeah, just like Mom's." I nodded. "Well, this girl did not like the boy. She told him that he had an annoying face the first time they spoke."

Lucy's face screwed into a frown as she brought her blanket up to her chin. "That's not nice."

"Exactly! So do you know what the boy did? He poured ice water on her."

"Woah." Ryder's face was full of wonder.

"So, they started hating each other. I mean, they really despised each other. The boy went out of his way to prank her all the time, even when she was sleeping. Even when she was training. Even when she was eating. They had a feud that lasted their whole childhood. They grew up fighting each other, and even when they grew up into teenagers, they fought. 

"But one day, there was a battle. Well, more like a war. They were fighting this really bad guy, so bad that he wanted to take over the world!" I spread my hands out to demonstrate. "All the heroes had to rise up and defeat him and his followers, and the boy was really scared. Some of the bad guys were people who used to be heroes, but they were traitors. Some of them were so bad, they were like monsters. But he knew that the other heroes had his back, and that included the girl. 

"So many heroes died that the boy was worried they would lose. He kept slashing at people with his sword, but one guy sneaked up on him. The boy didn't see him coming until the very last second, when it was too late to stop the strike."

"What's happened next?" demanded Lucy, when I paused for effect.

I took a deep breath, and it made Ryder swing his head down from the top bunk. "Did he die?"

"He sure thought he would. The big, scary sword came closer and closer..." I bit my lip and darted my eyes to each kid. "...but then, the girl - the girl he thought was his enemy - came out of nowhere to defend him! She deflected the blow with her knife and stabbed the guy in the gut."

Lucy gasped, and Ryder whooped. 

"Was it bloody?" he asked with intrigue. 

I scoffed. "Of course. The whole war was bloody, there was blood everywhere. But this blood was different. It wasn't the boy's, all because of the girl. The girl saved his life, and in that moment... in the middle of a war, they saw each other in a different light."

"Did they stop hating each other?" Lucy's giddy voice got me antsy to finish the story and give her the happy ending.

"You know what? The boy realized after that day, he never really hated her in the first place."

Lucy's crooked smile made the corners of my own mouth lift, and her blue eyes shone.

"The boy decided to talk to the girl about it. He told her that he didn't want to be enemies, or even friends. He wanted to be more than that. And she said she did, too!"

Ryder wrinkled his nose. "Ew, you didn't tell me this was gonna be a sappy love story!"

I stuck my tongue out at him. "Well, big shot, it's not. It wasn't sappy at all. They bickered about little things now, instead of big things. The boy thought she was too serious sometimes, and the girl thought he was too goofy. But they balanced each other out, and you know, Ryder, they made the best fighting team."

He sighed of relief. "So they still fought. I guess that doesn't make it boring."

"Oh, it was far from boring. They went on huge quests after they saved the world, and they were unstoppable. Together, they were stronger than they'd ever been before. 

"So, one day, the boy decided that he wanted her by his side all the time, not just for battles and quests. He wanted to experience a different adventure with her - life." I resituated myself to look at Lucy, whom I knew was the most eager to hear this part. "The boy asked her to marry him, and she said yes! He couldn't believe how lucky he was to have such a strong, caring, and beautiful girl to give his heart to, after all the crazy things he'd been through with her."

"Aww, that's so sweet!" Lucy chirped, clapping her hands together. 

"They built up a life of their own, a peaceful and happy one where they didn't have to fight anymore. Instead, they spent their days together, loving each other and growing with each other. And you know what?" 

Lucy leaned forward, and even Ryder kept his eye on me.

"They lived happily ever after," came a warm voice from the doorway.

I turned around to see Katie leaning against the door frame, a soft smile on her lips. Smirking, I winked at her before facing the kids again. "Yeah, that."

"Wow," Lucy breathed, easing back into her covers. "That was a good story."

"Yup, sure is," I agreed, and I felt a hand lay on me.

Katie rubbed her thumb on my shoulder. "Okay, but now it's time for bed, you two. Goodnight."

"Aww, Mom!" Ryder pouted, but he shut up with a single look from his mom.

"Goodnight," she laughed, and we made our way out of their room.

I shut the door behind me, and we went back into the living room to finish our show. I sat on the end of the couch, and Katie curled into my side. She hummed happily and fluttered a kiss across my jaw.

Raising an eyebrow, I asked, "Did you hear that whole thing?"

Her nose crinkled at she smiled. "Yeah. You are a pretty good storyteller, if I do say so myself."

"Glad to hear you admit it, Stoll."

She chuckled and smacked me jokingly. "You shut up, Stoll."

We settled into each other to enjoy the night, and I felt an overwhelming love for the woman next to me. We'd been through so much together, just to have the ending that other demigods craved to have - a normal one. A happy one. 

We got a fairytale ending.

I kissed the top of her head and whispered into her hair, "I love you so much, Kates."

She breathed out peacefully, so I assumed she was asleep. But soon, I heard a quiet reply.

"I'm still better at storytelling." 

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

5K 93 11
Katie Gardner has had enough. The Stoll brothers have pulled pranks on her and her cabin for long enough, and now it's time for revenge, Gardner Styl...
324K 10.4K 36
if there's one thing the gods love, it's tragedy. 𝖎𝖓 𝖜𝖍𝖎𝖈𝖍 .... they are the fates' favorite playthings [ percy jackson x fem!oc ] [ TLT...
133K 5.9K 20
and now he's dear, and so unsure, I wonder why I didn't see it there before. [ percy jackson x original character ] [ book two in the belle series ] ...
96.3K 1.1K 14
This is the story of Katie Gardner daughter of Demeter and Travis Stoll son of Hermes. How their love grew and how they started out as enemies but en...