Twisties

Από Wikitiki16

Twins Tara and Tatiana Wynne are living in the infamous Southern Gardens. Despite being rampant with poverty... Περισσότερα

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 9

4 1 0
Από Wikitiki16

Chapter 9

Tara

Since I had such a good weekend, Monday afternoon was worse. I just wasn't in the mood for Mr. Ully or the powerhouse of the cell. It didn't take long for him to notice I wasn't doing anything.

"You haven't written anything down," he said, not even looking up from the papers he was grading.

"Because I don't want to." I sighed angrily and put my head down.

Mr. Ully also sighed and stopped writing. Crossing his arms, he looked over at me. "What's up? What's wrong?" Of course I wasn't going to tell him I had an amazing weekend and his stupid face ruined it.

"I'm just in a shitty mood."

"Watch your mouth," he warned.

Rolling my eyes, I went on. "I don't wanna be here today. I just wanna go home." I threw my head back, whining. Mr. Ully looked at me, his forehead fat scrunching up.

"I can understand that you may have had a bad day, but the days to come won't be any better if you don't do this. What do you need help with?" He was trying to reason with me, but I didn't want to hear it. My only response was my stomach growling. I was stupid hungry.

Mr. Ully frowned. "Did you eat today?"

I shook my head no. "School lunch is shitty. Expensive too. And for what? Cardboard pizza? And I hate the sugary fruit." I got a look for my cursing, but Mr. Ully nodded his head in agreement. Pulling out his chair, he got up and started walking towards the classroom door. "Follow me." Confused, I got up and went after him.

We walked down the hallway of the school and out the front entrance. Since school was over, there weren't a lot of kids around, just those who were staying after for clubs and sports. "Where are we going?" I asked when we started walking down the street.

Mr. Ully pointed to the bodega at the corner. "Let's get something to eat and then go back to work."

He went into the store first, waving hello to the man standing behind the counter. He was currently talking on the phone but took a moment to smile at us. I went to the back to look for something to drink, squeezing through the small aisle filled with different food. I was already drooling. Despite being small, I loved that the shops had a lot to offer. You could find anything at a cheap price. A bodega was on every block and usually everyone knew the owner like they were a celebrity.

When I was a kid, I would always ask Grandpa to buy me a Big Burst juice (the blue was my shit) and a 25 cent bag of Cheeto Puffs. Every week we went to the store and when me and Tatiana got older, we would go ourselves and pick Grandpa up some looseys. I still go sometimes, but I realized a lot of snacks were bad for you. But what else are you going to eat when you only have a few dollars on you?

I opened the freezer and got a pink vitamin water and (if you call them by their actual names, you're a cop) headed back to the front. Inside the counter, was a bunch of different candy and since I was feenin for some sugar, I had dude pack me a plastic bag full of Tootsie rolls, (both chocolate and fruity), hamburger gummies, Swedish Fish, Nowandlaters, and Laffy Taffy. I made sure to get extra of the yellow ones. Mr. Ully came up next to me, a Sprite and two beef patties in his hand. He looked down at my stuff and shook his head. "That's not food." He paid for both of us and we left the store, brown papers bags full of the best shit on Earth. At least for now.

When we got back to the classroom, Mr. Ully handed me the beef patty, which I was grateful for. We ate our food quietly, the sound of wax paper and my loud chewing being the only sound in the room. When I finished, I threw the wrapper in the trash and took a sip of my drink.

"Better?" Mr. Ully asked me. I nodded and grabbed a piece of candy out of my bag. Maybe I just needed to eat.

"Now we can get back to work." Mr. Ully cleared his throat. "I have a suggestion though. I called your grandfather-"

I almost burst into tears. "You said you wouldn't tell on me!"

"Did you get chased around the house with a belt?" He asked. "Because I'm pretty sure you would've if I told him what happened last week."

He was right. Grandpa hadn't seen any different to me for the past few days, still calling me a devil child and yelling at the tv screen.

"Exactly. Now listen." He looked right at me, making sure I was paying attention. "I called your Grandpa and told him about your work. You're doing alright, but I thought maybe you should get a tutor. Not because you're dumb, but I think you have so much potential."

That was nice of Mr. Ully, really, but it sounded like a terrible offer. I would have zero time for Deon, let alone myself.

"Yeah, I don't think so, but out of curiosity, why can't you tutor me?" I said propping my chin under my hand.

He shrugged. "Well, I would love to, but I have a life too. I told your grandfather that and he said he couldn't pay for one either. So, he came up with the idea of letting your mother tutor you." Why was this lady becoming relevant again?

Mr. Ully waited for me to respond, but I didn't say anything. "Tara," he began. "I know about your mother's situation, but your grandfather said she is very intelligent, and it would give you both an opportunity to...reconcile."

I let out this big ol' breath. "The only thing I can imagine my mother would be able to teach me, is the best places to score crack."

Mr. Ully wasn't fazed. "I'm just trying to help you."

I didn't care. No one was going to make me do what I didn't want to do. I looked at the clock on the wall. Thankfully it was 3:30, which mean I could leave

"Thank you for the snacks," I said politely. I picked up whatever leftover candy I had and put it in my bag. Throwing it over my shoulder, I got up from my desk and left the classroom.

From making me work with him at these stupid after school sessions and now getting into my personal life, it was honestly too much. I wouldn't be surprised if I turned out to be the new gossip in the teacher's lounge by next week.

🌸

Tatiana

"I wanna go to that party."

I felt the hairs on my neck rise. Slowly, I turned around. Tara was lying on her bed, her face resting in her hands while staring down at me. It felt like her eyes were boring into my soul. I turned back around, leaned against the bed, and continued clipping my nails. I would not feed into her nonsense.

"Like I reaaaaaally wanna go." I rolled my eyes at her antics, still being nonchalant.

"Then why don't you?"

I felt her scoot up closer before plopping her head on top of mine. "Because I want you to go with me."

"No," was my instantaneous answer. She started squirming up there, causing my head to move back and forth.

"Come ooooooon. Why not Tati? It will be fun." She was already whining, lord.

"What's fun about going to the party of a group of girls that absolutely hate you?" I asked even though I knew the answer.

"Because it's fun." Tara was just petty as hell. "And they all don't hate me. Just Hana." I felt that was enough hate to make up for the entire group.

I sighed before scooting around to face her, the carpet feeling rough through my jeans. "I don't like people, you know this. And parties just aren't my thing."

"You've never been to one, how can you say that?" Tara shot back. Oh, she was challenging me today.

"It's literally a place where a bunch of people gather. It's too crowded. I don't like drawing attention."

"You wouldn't, because it's a party. Everyone is there doing their own thing and just tryna chill. And you could bring Indigo." She sucked at being convincing. "Please Tati? Just do this one favor for me?"

"Wooooow." I stretched out the word dryly. "Did you get a case of memory loss? Because I do favors for you all the time."

Tara nodded in agreement. "I know. I meant this one favor for the day."

I scoffed, half in amusement and the other in disbelief. "Of course you did."

Tara jumped out of her bed and onto the floor, bowing her head to the ground. "Tati, you know I would do anything for you too. But I promise for the rest of our lives I'll never ask you to attend a party again if you go with me. Please? I don't wanna go by myself." She said that last part pathetically. Tara was more popular than me, no doubt, but she had no friends. That was due to too many guys in school thinking she was cute and her obliviousness. She came on too strong and sometimes very loud, which tended to turn people off.

I sighed loudly, considering whether to go. Tara knew she was chipping away at my wall, so she continued. "I'll help you get dressed, but I won't make you wear something crazy." I hmmed and she pressed on. "I'll cook for the next two weeks." I gave one hm. I wasn't interested in that. She was losing me. "Okay okay. I'll do the bathroom for an entire week." I crossed my arms in front of my chest and glared at her. "Okay, a month." I nodded in agreement. I wasn't trying to get played.

"What else?" I asked. There was a lot she was going to have to promise for me to fully budge. Tara thought for a moment before shrugging her shoulders.

"I don't know. What do you want?"

Immediately I knew what I was going to say. "No more skipping class, do your homework every night, and study for every test."

Tara's face shifted in disgust. "You can literally ask for anything and that's what you come up with? I'd rather die."

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't have to go to that party."

Tara panicked. "No! I promise. Now will you go with me?"

Reluctantly, I nodded. Tara jumped on me, swaying us side to side. "Yay! I love you!" She kissed me and I rolled my eyes, laughing.

"I love you too. Now get off weirdo!" I swatted her away before I got cooties.

"Omg, I have to prepare! Right now!" She flew to her closet and started tossing out random shit. I looked at her confused. "The party is at the end of the week. Why do you need to do this now?" I asked.

She stopped, her mouth wide open and holding something purple in her hand. "If I had my way, I would've prepared a month ago. This is your first party and you must look gorgeous."

At that statement, I knew I would regret this. Anything to do with hair, make up, and fashion brought out Tara's ambition. I believed her when she said even someone like me was going to look nice, but I was very afraid. I just knew I was going to be in for some pain.

🌸

The next day, Indigo came up to me in the hallway at school, bouncing up and down. It was too early to be excited for anything but knowledge.

"What?" I snapped. I was on edge today. I had dreams last night of Tara pulling my hair out of my head and throwing up on someone at the party.

"Your sister came up and talked to me today. She asked me if I wanted to go to the party with you guys." Indigo was smiling, walking alongside me to class.

"Oh yeah?" I said bored.

"Yup! And she said she would like me to help get you ready." I closed my eyes and sighed inwardly. Seriously, what did I get myself into?

I was surprised though. Tara had never talked to Indigo before, so I'd never thought she would make an offer like that.

"And your sister is so nice." Indigo grinned. "She introduced herself, handshake and all, and said she was happy that we're friends."

Wait, we were friends? I sighed. I felt a headache coming. By the gleam in her eye, I could tell she was excited for this. I forgot Indigo was just as creative as my sister.

"I don't like being outnumbered. You guys better not pull something," I said.

She replied with a smirk. "I have no idea what you're talking about." I shook my head. Not only did Tara have back up, but now Indigo was going to be at my house. She really was becoming a "friend". All of this was against my will. I would prefer it if I didn't have any friends. It's just all out of my comfort zone. Plus, I still didn't like Indigo, but I could answer her if she talked to me and eat her pizza. All the other extra shit was nerve wracking.

"Here's the plan," whispered Indigo. "I'll head over to your house in the morning-"

I cut Indigo off. "The morning?" I asked incredulously. And why was she whispering?

"The MORNING. And I'll have all my stuff with me so I can get ready over there. Then me and your sister will work on you."

I could already tell it was going to be a long day. Someone pray for me.

🌸 

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

248 14 18
Hobbies such as killing, disposing bodies, obsession with weapons and.....oh, of course, gardening. Amazing, right? ----------- "...Seriously bro, yo...
26.7K 747 29
Maya moved to New York to pursue her dreams of becoming a singer. but (there's always a but) she gets pregnant and ends up having twins so what happe...
408 46 15
"I never wanted to be a supernatural being. Hiding my identity from the world was arduous." Jake Rose is an intelligent, mysterious, and stubborn te...
186K 4.7K 18
Different from the moment she was born, the unplanned twin of the newly mated/wed Edward and Bella Cullen, sets out to carve her own path in the worl...